Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• Batesburg
    Batesburg Member Posts: 114
    edited June 2017

Hello All,

I read posts here all the time but I don't do my own posting too much.

I found a thyroid nodule a few weeks ago and had ultrasound and biopsy of 2 out of the 3 that were found by US.

Any of you had experience in this area??

As typical, I am off the charts scared.

Janet

• vlh
    vlh Member Posts: 773
    edited June 2017

Marsha, I'm so very sorry about the possible mets. I can only imagine how worried you must be.

Div, great news on the clear scans. Fingers crossed that the mass is indeed scar tissue.

Lyn

• northstarnc
    northstarnc Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2017

how big was your tumor?

• DiV
    DiV Member Posts: 148
    edited June 2017

Batesburg so sorry to hear about thyroid nodule. I too had a 2 in nodule which required me to have half my thyroid removed. Tumor turned out to be hurtle cell which is not cancerous. So many people get nodules cause we don't get enough iodine. North americans don't eat enough fish in order to get the iodine. Please don't worry until you get the results from biopsy. I have another 1 cm nodule on the right side of lobe which was biopsied and results were negative. Dr keeps an eye on nodule every 6 months and so far no further growth.

• MichCali
    MichCali Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2017

Marsha, you are in my thoughts and prayers!!! I hope you find some relief for your pain.

Div-- you're in my thoughts and prayers for good results & that it's scar tissue. Waiting for results is the worst!

• amw5
    amw5 Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2017

Batesburg - I know a lot of people that have had nodules on their thyroid (including me). I had a biopsy on mine done on May 1, 2017. It was benign. I have one large nodule and two smaller nodules on the left side of my thyroid. The large one continues to grow (so they are keeping an eye on it).

• amw5
    amw5 Member Posts: 74
    edited July 2017

double post

• Batesburg
    edited June 2017

thanks, AMW. so kind of you to post encouraging info.

Marsha and DIV....I am on my knees praying for you both. No kidding.

• Batesburg
    edited June 2017

How are you Marsha and DIV?

Prayers continue.

• lookingforward66
    lookingforward66 Member Posts: 148
    edited June 2017

Primary said blood work good, not great but good.

Heck of an explanation. He says that when not my best results but still good. Waiting for fax of results so I can see. Ultrasound not back yet. Waiting is a pain. Primary thinks is bad virus, but because of history, he'll let me go through all tests so I not worry. I still achy/pains, exhausted & blah. Forcing myself to do little stuff. Really strange virus as all things are a mirror to mets to the bone. I'll be ecstatic when I feel better again. Sometimes this new normal sucks.

DIV keep us informed. I'll do the same.

One day at a time.

Best to all,

Missing Cocker's view on this mess! Anyone hear from her

Marsha

• DiV
    edited June 2017

Thank you all for the support and encouraging words. Saw my oncologist he believes mass in chest wall and lund is scar tissue. He will keep an eye on it. My next scan is in September.

Any news on Cocker? Really concerned as nothing has been posted.

Happy 4th of July to all. Get out and enjoy! I will be in southern ohio for a fundraiser for me thrown by my boyfriend's sister. I'm so blessed to have a great support system!

• lookingforward66
    edited June 2017

Yea! DIV, so glad for your positive news. Keep you in my prayers.

Marsha

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited June 2017

My MO told me that my clock started ticking on the day of my first surgery. I had adjuvant chemo.

Hugs to everyone worried about recurrence, which is probably the majority of us.

• Batesburg
    edited June 2017

YAY Marsha and DIV!!!! I am so happy for the positive news. It is so incredibly difficult NOT to go to the "worst case" when something isn't right with our bodies.

My thyroid nodules came back benign yesterday!

It seems like a good week for kicking recurrence to the curb.

Gotta stay positive- and not feel so vulnerable.....my way of feeling like I am in more control is by choosing a healthy lifestyle - somehow, some way, I am hopeful it is working.

DIV, you are right....gotta get out and enjoy. I hope your time in southern Ohio is awesome- support system- YES!

Janet

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited June 2017

Marsha, Div, Bates, - hooray for the good news!! keep it coming!!

I dont post often, but I do read often, and share your feelings. Physically I dont look or feel the same as before this saga started. I miss my former self, but as everyone here, I appreciate every day and try to forget and relax and enjoy.

Hugs to all

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited June 2017

Hello to all

This is my second bc dx, I've always counted from date of discovery. My MO, and surgeon both are counting from my date of discovery. So on one time I'm a 26 year survivor, and this time 19 months.

Div you are my shero (hero with a s) Looking forward so glad they are nailing down what is going on with you. Great news scotbird

Yes worried about cocker as well. Hello and hugs to all

Val

• InspiredbyDolce
    InspiredbyDolce Member Posts: 987
    edited June 2017

I am thrilled to see all the good news here! Wonderful!

For recurrence, it was noted in the landmark trial that analyzed recurrence patterns, that they counted from the date of diagnosis. However, what your doctors may be referring to, when calculating from an end point of treatment or an end point of surgery, depending on your unique circumstances, may be your start date for remission.

It might be time for another card shower for Cocker. - something to life her spirits again! I hope we get some encouraging news about her soon, she has been in my thoughts as well.

• lookingforward66
    edited July 2017

Hope all had a great 4th of July.

Stay safe & best of everything to all of us.

Marsha

• Batesburg
    edited July 2017

Marsha, how are you feeling?

• ALHusband
    ALHusband Member Posts: 342
    edited July 2017

I have asked the anniversary question before and gotten multiple answers. That said, it seems the medical community mostly uses date of diagnosis/discovery. BUT, who the hell says you ladies can't celebrate using date of diagnosis/discovery, date of surgical removal AND date of therapy completion as start dates? If one celebration is good...three MUST be better! Live it up! Celebrate em all! You're a survivor!

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited July 2017

Applause Alhusband.

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited July 2017

ALhusband...thank you, thank you, thank you‼️‼️

• LoveMyVizsla
    edited July 2017

👏🏻👏🏻👍🏻🎀

• greenae
    greenae Member Posts: 246
    edited July 2017

Hi all

I save this on my phone...it helps me move forward. I was stuck for a while, but time certainly helps! Cheers for goodnews and anniversaries! Just passed 2 1/2 years since dx. Whew! Hugs to allimage

• rdeesides
    rdeesides Member Posts: 233
    edited July 2017

I'm feeling quite blue today. Just found out I'm triple negative. I was blue anyway, but this didn't help. I think there are some positive aspects to being Triple Negative, but I am not focusing on the positive so well right now. We don't have a treatment plan in place yet and that is probably part of the problem. I'm sure once I get that going I'll feel better. Anyway, I'm glad I have all of you for support! I'm doing everything I can to stay healthy... eating well and exercising. Hopefully I will kick this! Any encouragement is welcome. I need it right about now.

• InspiredbyDolce
    InspiredbyDolce Member Posts: 987
    edited July 2017

Rdeesides - I sent you a private message

• rdeesides
    rdeesides Member Posts: 233
    edited July 2017

Thank You everyone for the messages. I'm feeling better today. Just had a 4 mile, hilly walk. My normal route goes past a neighborhood where peacocks live. So, this morning I've seen peacocks, had a Monarch butterfly fly in circles around me, watched many hummingbirds doing their thing, and caught sight of one little bunny. It is a good morning. Drinking my coffee now and trying to stay in the moment.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Rebekah

• Dova
    Dova Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2017

Hello everyone

I just want to say that my breath stopped while I was reading Marsha's and DIV's thoughts/results. I could not read fast enough to get to the point they said they were clear. I was so happy I cried. I didn't post much in a while but I still read how everyone is doing.

Update on mom, we started radiation, she did 5 rounds and 28 more to go. She is feeling good went to Italy for a month and can't wait to be done with treatment. We do hope we will get to the last one without to much trouble

You all are in my thoughts and prayers and hope you know how amazing and how much hope you give

Love to all

Dova

• DiV
    edited July 2017

Hi hope everyone had a great 4th of July! To all the new people you came to the right place. Everyone here is so supportive, caring, understanding and knowledgeable. Great group of people.

Alhusband i applaud your suggestion. I too was told anniversary day is day of discovery. I celebrate everyday and try to find joy in everything i do. I just gave my dog Gracie a bath and she was so good. It was like she knew mom only has one arm. My puppy Riley us going to be a challenge. Riley is too wired up...lol

Dova so sorry about your mom. That is great that she is doing well with radiation. She is in my prayers. Wow Italy! I bet that was an awesome vacation! My aunt, uncle boyfriend and i are going to Florida last week of august and first week of September. We stay at my aunts condo. Can't wait to walk the beach, swim in pool and of course the hot tub.

Rebeka hi and welcome to this wonderful group. So sorry about your diagnosis. If you ever need to talk pm me. We are all here for you! Your walk sounded wonderful with all the wildlife! That had to brighten your day!

Your all in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs Diane

• LoveMyVizsla
    edited July 2017

Saw this article yesterday. Might be of interest to newly diagnosed patients and their doctors.

https://www.statnews.com/2017/07/10/breast-cancer-chemotherapy/