Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited August 2017

I too hope Annie is ok. Here is hoping for news and updates.

Rebekah glad port placement went well. Hoping for smooth chemo (if that is even a possiblility) and few side effects.

To all just embarking on this boat of bc, sending virtual hugs.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited August 2017

Shopgal So sorry for the scary uncertainty you are going through. Your trip is definitely going ahead until and unless you have to postpone it for some reason. The assumption must be that everything is OK until you have more news, right? Hang in there, there's no point in worrying. I know it's hard but we're all cheering you on.

• MakeupLover
    MakeupLover Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2017

Rebekah, when do you start chemo? How is your port healing? As for reconstruction I'm liking the idea of DIEP flap, how about yourself?

VL22, how was your first chemo?

All, after having my second opinion, my treatment plan has switched to do chemo first, then surgery, then radiation. The doc I met with today agreed with all the findings, her only suggestion was chemo first since I'm a candidate and to reduce the number of lymph nodes that have to removed in surgery, as to prevent lymphedema. I was grateful for her opinion. I called my current doctor and she agreed, saying she was thinking about suggesting this to me as well. I feel happier going this route.

I have an oncologist appt this Monday, an appointment with a fertility doc on Tuesday. What typically goes on during your first appt with an oncologist? Are chemo drugs and schedule discussed?

*hugs to all*

• vl22
    vl22 Member Posts: 471
    edited August 2017

Hi MakeupLover- first chemo went very smoothly. When I got home I felt extremely fatigued, but I think it was more from the twilight drugs to have my port put in - in total I was at the hospital for 7 hours.

I woke every couple hours last night, when I usually don't, but I woke up feeling fine. Probably the steroids in the premeds. Port feels great. I made breakfast and walked dog for 4 miles!

So glad you're moving along! First appointment will be going over your chemo regimen and setting start date. I asked about the Neulesta shot, and they checked with my insurance company and it covered the one that is this little pod that is attaches to the back of your arm after chemo - 27 hours later it gives you a shot and you remove it an hour later. Saves returning to the hospital.

Hope all goes well - you will so much more at ease knowing the schedule and getting the first one done

• rdeesides
    rdeesides Member Posts: 233
    edited August 2017

VL22 - Your port feels great?! I am so happy for you and have been thinking about you since we both got ours in at the same time. I do NOT feel great at all. I am going to email my doctor today. Although, I wonder if I should take a long walk and if that will help. I know exercise makes a big difference. My entire body is sore. I will try that this evening!

MakeupLover - Sounds like we are going to be going along together through treatment! I wonder when you will start chemo. I meet with my oncologist on Monday too! My first meeting with her she just wanted to examine me and generally talk about what was going on. She is making me come in again to actually go over all the information I will need to get started with chemo. I still had one biopsy result that we were waiting for last time I saw her, so she was hesitant to give me the chemo regimen then, thinking that the results of the biopsy may sway her decisions one direction or another. If you already have all your test results back, your MO may be ready to give you your chemo regimen. Let me know how it goes!

Rebekah

• Batesburg
    Batesburg Member Posts: 114
    edited August 2017

Shopgal, any news??

• pdhwani
    pdhwani Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2017

hello all,

My younger sister who is 36 year old diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer , my mom passed away with breast cancer 21 years ago at the age of 44. my sister is under care at Rutgers cancer institute nj under clinical trial phase 2 liposomal doxorubicin & carboplatin . we as family totally shocked when this news came last month as cancer its scary as we lost mom when were small & after this many years its again back . she has 2 small kids age 8 & 10 & she constantly comparing herself with our mom please any advise or any update will be gratly appricaited.

• Les123
    Les123 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2017

Pdhwani, what stage is she? Did she have surgery? Any lymph nodes positive? I am triple negative to and wasn't ever offered any clinical study.

• MakeupLover
    MakeupLover Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2017

Rebekah! it would be awesome if we were to start treatment at the same time! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I recommend relaxing and resting. Hope you feel better soon. Good luck Monday :)

VL22, thanks for the info! Glad everything went smoothly for you. Why do they give steroids prior to the chemo?

Pdhwani, I'm sorry for your sister. Like Les123 said, has she gotten biopsied?, what tests have been done so far? once tests are run, a treatment plan will be offered. Tell her to hang in there, keep positive, she's certainly not alone. *hugs*

• vl22
    edited August 2017

Makeuplover- I did have steroids in the premeds. I've had trouble sleeping the last two nights and wonder if this might be why.

• rdeesides
    edited August 2017

I took a 4 mile walk yesterday and it helped loosen up some of the muscle soreness I experienced post port placement. Still sore, but it's tolerable. Will walk again today.

MakeupLover, you think you will do DIEP? It sounds like the end result is the best, but I worry about recovery. I haven't met with my PS yet so we'll see what she says.

VL22 , how are you feeling? is this day 3? Are you on Taxol?

R

• vl22
    edited August 2017

Rebekah - I am doing AC first. Today was rough to be honest. Up at 3am, tossing and turning. Nausea this morning and really felt awful 9am-12pm. Slept for 2 hours and then felt ok. It feels like a bad hang over. For me the trick seems to be just keep taking the nausea meds, 2 of them, and don't get behind. And also make myself eat, because I do feel better. What is surprising is how hard it is to drink water - just do unappetizing

• rdeesides
    edited August 2017

VL22, Oh boy, I hear AC is hard. I will do it too but not till the end I dont think. Hang in there and try to go for a walk if you can manage it. Maybe Gatorade or some suchis better?

R

• Les123
    Les123 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2017

my recommendation is to take CBD oil. It comes in all different varieties. You can take it in candy , tincture, gummies or vapor. I didn't have to take nausea medication, painkillers etc.

• HeartdesiresLife
    HeartdesiresLife Member Posts: 35
    edited August 2017

VL22...sorry the AC made you feel so ill. I hope you will be feeling better and better soon.

Rebekah, wonderful that you are walking even when you are sore. You are one strong cookie!

• Shopgal2
    Shopgal2 Member Posts: 594
    edited August 2017

hi all. I heard from the gyn surgeon Friday that my biopsy came back positive for uterine cancer. It is called a mmm tumor. Very rare very aggressive. There is a tumor on my left ovary also. Scary thing is it was not there in march cause I had a clean Ct scan then. I will need a total hysterectomy plus they need to remove the omentum Of my stomach. Then chemo and vaginal radiation. I go Monday for a chest and abdomen Ct to see if it has spread. If it has then I do chemo first. The type of tumor I have has a shitty survival rate. I am devestated

• SuprSurvivr
    SuprSurvivr Member Posts: 104
    edited August 2017

Shopgal2, I am so sorry you got such news. It sometimes seems like a never ending battle we are waging against our own bodies. But don't give up the fight! It seems to me you caught it early, and you are a strong woman. Never give up. Never stop. Don't let those dang mutating cells win. I'll keep you in my prayers. Strength for the battle ahead! ✨💪🏻🙏🏻

• Batesburg
    Batesburg Member Posts: 114
    edited August 2017

Shopgal,

I am so sad about your news. I did a quick search on Dr. Google and although it might seem like a terrible prognosis, I did find a site where many women are surviving and thriving. I just wanted to tell you this because there was much discussion on what I read that there is not a lot known about this type of cancer - and there are women out there who have beat it.

Can't imagine how huge everything feels right now. Please know we are here to keep you focused on positive outcomes- prayers and continued support always.

Janet

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited August 2017

Shopgal2....I am also devastated to hear your news! I'm sure you will be hearing from everyone all day to offer support for you. Words are never enough at a time like this so I am sending you love and endless prayers.

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited August 2017

Shopgal2...like Janet (Batesburg) I also Googled and found a support group for MMMT tumors and read posts from many women years out from diagnosis. I'm sure you will be checking also

• HeartdesiresLife
    HeartdesiresLife Member Posts: 35
    edited August 2017

Shopgal2...without a doubt, you are a strong woman! Along with many others, I will be rooting for you.

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842
    edited August 2017

Shopgal2: Sending strength, love and prayers your way. Were all here to help hold you up and help you climb this huge scary mountain.

• rdeesides
    edited August 2017

Shopgal -

I'm so so sorry to hear this. I HATE cancer. Stay strong. I know everyone here will support you as much as we can

• Luvmydobies
    Luvmydobies Member Posts: 476
    edited August 2017

Shopgal, (((((HUGS)))), I too am sorry to hear your news. I have no words right now but I will put you at the top of my prayer list! We are here for you as always! It's worrisome enough to think about BC coming back but I've personally not really thought about possibility of a new cancer being diagnosed. At least not so soon. I have bleeding off and on too, but my Onc tells me it's normal after chemo! I have my six month checkup tomorrow and will mention it yet again. I'm in no way comparing myself to your situation. So please don't think that. It's just hard to tell what's normal and what isn't! Ugh,cancer sucks!!!!!!

• vlh
    vlh Member Posts: 773
    edited August 2017

There's little I can add to the prior supportive comments, but I wanted to say I'm so very sorry, Shopgal2

Sad

Lyn

• 6feetover
    6feetover Member Posts: 97
    edited August 2017

{{{{{{{{{{SHOPGAL}}}}}}}}}}}

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited August 2017

Oh Shopgal. I don't know what to say. So sorry about your news. Sending lots of love. There is always hope. XXXXXX

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited August 2017

Oh no, Shopgal. We all know aggressive cancer, and we are right here behind you to back you up. Yell, cry, scream...and then go get 'em!

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited August 2017

Shopgal, - That STINKS, - but do what ever you have to do and come out the victor! New and better treatments are always coming out, - so you'll have to find the best one until the better one comes along! We are all here to lend support and offer what ever help, advice, etc we can.

Hugs from NYC

• DiV
    DiV Member Posts: 148
    edited August 2017

Shopgal I am so sorry. Like all the others I'm praying for you. Stay strong and positive.