Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• Titan
    Titan Member Posts: 1,313
    edited August 2010

MJB...I like your attitude too..along with Heidi's!!

Heidi....maybe you just have some sort of infection..from rads or something..I can't believe it is anything but you will know in 10 days what is going on...is there anyway you can get in earlier?  

• swiftbird
    swiftbird Member Posts: 78
    edited August 2010

Hi Ladies,

I'm still having hot flashes - 8 weeks PFC.  My radiologist (I start in a week or so) said I could take a depo provera shot which is non-hormone based and it would ease my hot flashes for approx 3 months, long enough for the hot flashes to subside.  Anyone taken the DP shot or have any information on it?? 

• HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965
    edited February 2011

LRM216-  A few years back I was a 36C, 122 pounds. I'm now about 130 pounds (people say I was *too* thin at 122-- I'm 5'4) and my BC boob is at least a cup-size smaller  in the BC boob (it's "shorter" and wider now). I don't have implants. I do have a couple of very comfortable microfiber BC bras with a silicone foobie but mostly I wear regular push ups or sports bra and put one of those circular dohickythings in the BC cup. I slit the lining a tiny bit and slide it in so it doesn't shift around. Works pretty well and those dohickythings are cheap. But when I'm home it's "au naturelle" under tee shirts.

I would not characterize the tender area the same as my tumor was; it's smaller and flatter---may be a seroma.  I vacillate between concern and dismissive, so I'm OK with my current appt. date.

I AM active, and I know that rad related issues can often occur well after tx is completed. I'm 95% sure everything is fine but, as we all know, that 5% worry can be damned annoying--- to say the least.

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited August 2010

HHFHeidi:

I relate to everything you just posted.  I'm thinking since they found the small seroma on the MRI and weren't worried at all about it, that the seroma has enlarged, or something similar.  (damn that 5% of annoying worry though!)  Good luck to both of us -

• MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671
    edited August 2010

The annoying 5% of worry gets me everytime.  Really hope it's nothing of too much concern.  Have a great week ladies!

• Lovelyface
    Lovelyface Member Posts: 563
    edited August 2010

Would someone please truthfully tell me about what the statistics are for TNS.  About recurrence?  What is the danger time?  Can it reoccur in 3 or 7 years?  What is the mortality rate for TNS?  I have tried to search on the internet but can't really find anything.  Anyone there know the statistics?  Please let me know.  Thanks.

• MBJ
    edited August 2010

From what I understand, the statistics are the same as for any breast cancer, however, if it does return, it can sometimes return faster then other BC.  It can return after 5 or 7 years, however, the longer you go without cancer the better your odds.  I feel it is important to change your diet and lifestyle and to use supplements to up your odds.  I think that I am going to be around for a really long time but it's going to take some extra work on my part to remain healthy!  You have to remember, that when they do statistics they are very broad and you have to make your own statistics!  Just thinking positively can up your white blood cell count.  I have chosen not to live my life in constant fear.  Not to say that it doesn't rear it's ugly head now and then, but I can't go through life constantly looking over my shoulder.  I have to believe that I myself and my dr's are doing everything possible to keep me alive and healthy.  Hugs!

• HeidiToo
    edited February 2011

Lovelyface:

I know that we are not statistics. We are individuals. 

Think about it. And, FWIW, IMO your Dx looks pretty favorable: In Situ, Grade 2, O nodes. Size is becoming less of a factor in prognosis, as  it's the cell physiology that really determines the greater risks.

Breath... exhale... repeat.

• HeidiToo
    edited February 2011

delete

• MBJ
    edited August 2010

Heidi:  I am hoping it isn't anything and only something like a cyst.  No one wants to go through this ever again.  I will be sending good thoughts your way!  We are all here for you.  Hugs! 

• mitymuffin
    mitymuffin Member Posts: 242
    edited August 2010

Hey hhfheidi, I love your ponies! Are all your horses, paints or pintos (except the .1 mini)?

I used to do Combined Training, but now mostly foxhunt, not sidesaddle though I have friends who ride sidesaddle. A month ago I bought a new little mare, a TBx, even though I was in the midst of AC treatment and the Doc didn't want me to ride. I'm riding now, and loving her. I also have an Irish draft cross who is a great foxhunter but a big slug and a lot of work any other time, and I'm just too tired to ride him. 

Today I had my 5th Taxol treatment. 

• mitymuffin
    edited August 2010

hhfheidi, Let us know the results of your CT scan.  I will be hoping for a good report.

• kad22
    kad22 Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2010

HHFHEIDI - Prayers and thoughts are going out your way from me!

Got through my 8th Taxol treatment today - only 4 more to go!!!

Start back to work on Wednesday. I am a librarian at an elem. school and we have inservice then open house that day so I will be working from 8 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. I hope I stay awake - wish me luck! ;-)

Have a great week everyone!

Kelli

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited August 2010

HHFHeidi - please let us know the results, in the meantime prayers and hugs are sent your way.

Kelli - Good luck - your open house day sounds terribly long.  Can you rest in the middle of the day?

• MBJ
    edited August 2010

Kad22 :Congratulations on getting almost to the end of your Taxol treatments.  Be sure to take little breaks in between if you can and drink lots of fluid and bring some healthy snacks to keep you going.  This is not a time to be pushing yourself.

mitymuffin:  You sound as if you are in high spirits.  You will be done before you know it.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    edited August 2010

Lovelyface, my oncologist told me when I passed the 5 year mark, that my odds of recurring TN was less than .2% (That's point two percent).  But she also stated that it doesn't mean that I could not develop a different type of BC elsewhere.

• HeidiToo
    edited February 2011

mitymuffin--I agree those Irish draft crosses & warmblood crosses can be a lot of work to "keep together". They sure do make good foxhunters though.

Xanax has kicked in. I'm  doing the better living through chemistry approach until tomorrow's results are in. The place is great at not keeping you waiting. It's a new facilty with a Drive-in effect, or no waiting at line three K-mart shoppers. Doc is good a reading results STAT and letting you know.

We did a lot of boating near Asateague Island on Saturday and walked ashore to see the horseys. None around at the time but the mosquitos sure were. Everyone but me had welts. I'm wondering if that's all it is--- a mosquite bite that reacted diifferently due to it occuring in the "dead zone" of radiation area.

Wouldn't that be great? A CT scan for a mosquito bite. Maybe I can laugh about this later.

• Titan
    Titan Member Posts: 1,313
    edited August 2010

Hey Heidi!  Good luck tomorrow...let us know as soon as you can because I will be freaking!  It is just too easy for us to freak out about these things..when "other" people don't worry at all.

F*ck cancer...as you would say! 

• jenweg
    jenweg Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2010

Good luck tomorrow Heidi!  I will keep you in my prayers!!!

• gillyone
    gillyone Member Posts: 495
    edited August 2010

Good luck Heidi.

• mitymuffin
    edited August 2010

Heidi, I bet they were big mosquites too. I have my fingers crossed for you.

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited August 2010

Heidi:  I got your back, girl.  Sending prayers, all good wishes and nothing but positive vibes.  Stay strong through this.  We are all here wishing for nothing but the best.

Linda

• retrievermom
    retrievermom Member Posts: 321
    edited February 2011

Heidi:  Thinking of you.  Hoping for the best results.  Horse topic:  have you seen any of the mini horse shows?  I was at a dog obedience trial in Reno, and there was a mini show in the neighboring buildilng.  OMG!  They were doing dog obedience with horses!  No sits, but backing up in a chute on command, stand/stay when the handler left, pivots with front feet in a circle, etc.  I love watching all kinds of animal training that show a good rapport between animal and human.  Driving your team must be lots of fun.

My response to the prognois question really depends on the person.  It's an opportunity to educate about different types of bc, if I choose.  I don't feel I have to divulge more than I want.  Everyone comments on my "cute, curly hair," and conversations develop.  The dog obedience community is overwhelmingly female.  I hope the gals think of me and get mammos.  When I say there was no lump, no pain, no family history, their eyes widen as comprehension dawns.

Which leads to the question of stats.  For every average, there is someone below, as well as above.  The medical plan will be fitted to the individual case.  Having docs you trust is important.

• MBJ
    edited August 2010

Heidi:  I will be thinking of you all day tomorrow.  Thank goodness for Xanax and I hope you are able to sleep and I hope it is just a weird reaction to a mosquito bite.  Wouldn't that be nice for a change? And I agree, F**k Cancer.

• kittycat
    kittycat Member Posts: 1,155
    edited August 2010

Sorry - I've been trying to keep up on the threads I have saved and missed some comments on this one....

Jenn - yes, you got it right.  I found 3 small lumps on my right breast even though it was removed 8 months prior (had both removed). 

Lynne3times - I am so glad you mentioned something about the marching in your ears.  This makes total sense! I get this every once in a while, but only when I'm really tired.  Well, I've had it lately and was told my hemoglobins were low and I'm anemic.  Ah Ha!!!  Now I'm not going crazy.  It's a real phenomenon!!!  Thank you!!!!  :)

I can relate to everyone's work stress.  I've been on chemo for 10 weeks and am currently on a 2 day business trip.  Part of me really wanted to see my customers, but the other part felt obligated.  The find myself crying every once in a while about the work stress.  Chemopause doesn't help either!!! 

• HeidiToo
    edited February 2011

Oh yeah--- forgot to mention today is my birthday. We were supposed to sail and have lunch. Guess I'll have a Cat scan instead. Only six more hours until the celebration begins.

• jenweg
    jenweg Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2010

Happy Birthday Heidi!!  Your cat scan will go great today! Think positive.

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392
    edited August 2010

HHFHeidi hoping all goes well with your CT scan today.

I really hesitated to bring this up on this thread, especially now when Heidi is going through her CT scan. But I'm afraid and scared and need my special TN gals on my side. I've got some other gals on this site praying and pulling for me but most are not TN and I don't always have the same connection with them.

My CT scan of my lower back, I have a hernia or something, showed 3 lesions on my liver. The surgeons wants me to see my Onc. ASAP but he's "busy" till next week. Probably on vacation. They have ruled out cyst. The waiting game begins again, and as a TN patient it's so damn scary. I just wanted to be done with all this and to stop making my family so worried.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    edited August 2010

PM, folowing you with hugs.  I will take your request over to the "I Come to the Garden"  spiritual support thread.

• Luah
    Luah Member Posts: 626
    edited August 2010

PauldingMom:  I am soooo sorry for the anxiety you must be feeling.  We're all just a symptom or scan away from sheer terror.  I can imagine how hard it must be to hold it together until you see your onc.  Hugs, hugs, hugs.......

hhfheidi: Thinking of you today and hoping for the best!

Just to share a recent story: they found a 6 cm mass on the right ovary of my sister (BC, 2008).  We were all terrified of OC; she had a total hysterectomy, mass tuned out to be benign, thank god!  It's natural to think the worst... but fingers crossed, you both have happy resolutions too!