Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

HOW TO MAKE A MICRO BEAD BREAST FORM

Options
124»

Comments

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    edited January 2012
    Options
    bump
  • Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited January 2012
    Options

I think those are bra sizes, not chest measurements, in the chart.

• 3jaysmom
    edited January 2012
    Options
    bump lost it again hahaha3jays
  • 3jaysmom
    edited January 2012
    Options

bump

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,872
    edited February 2012
    Options

Question: How are the forms held in the Target cami? Did you make pockets? Use a shelf bra to create a pocket? Can I use knit to make a pocket in my regular bras to hold a foob?

• 3jaysmom
    edited February 2012
    Options
    hi wren: i got camis at a place other than target, but i assume they;re all the same.. i use the shelf for the pocket, and they're the only thing i'll wear.. they;re conforotsble for me, as i hace severe scarring from my port... good luck....3jays
  • Whim
    Whim Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hi. I had breast implants with lots of scaring removed and now I am flat with an uneven chest surface. Here is my idea. I have not tried it yet.

Consider using a bra to make the forms. Many already have the stretchy fabric alone or over a padded bra. It is often already stretched or shaped in a breast shape. You would have to add the flat piece of nonstretch cotton for the backside and fill. Remove the padding and just use the outside fabric if you use a padded bra. You might even consider wearing the same type of bra with the form inside so it will fit perfectly. You have the advantage of trying on the bra before cutting to see if you like the size.  Do not add an allowance to the back piece. Just make all sewn seams close to the edge and zig-zag over the stiches with a med length and width stitch to reinforce.

Another idea would be to not cut the bra cups off. Just add the soft nonstretch cotton fabric to the back of the bra (sewing around the cup perimeter) and fill. Then you would be assured that they would always stay in place. 

I know that products that control static are not usually safe from a health and environmental point of view. I was wondering if you could take a flimsy produce bag, pour a small amount of mineral oil in it, add the beads and then tie the top shut leaving lots of room for play. Massage the oil all over the beads. You don't want so much oil that they look oily.  That should help with the static problem. If you keep one cup of the bra intact you could slip another bag over the inside of the cup and set the bag that you are filling on top of that. Then you can see if you are adding the right amount of beads. If you have a postage or diet scale you could weigh the beads in the bag so you know how much to fill the forms with next time. ---Now  push a corner of the bag with the beads in it into the hole in the empty form, tape the edge of the fabric to it with removable poster tape, untie the bag, poke a hole in the bag where it is inserted into the fabric and then retie. Now squeeze the beads in. To remove the bag untie it,  reach inside, then pull up and out from the part of the bag with the hole in it and discard. *IF* you can get the tape to remain stuck to the fabric you could stick it to itslf to close the hole. Now sew hole shut through the tape and then remove the tape. You can wash the forms in a bowl of soapy water to remove the oil residue and then put in the sun to dry.

Even if you skip the oil experiment (Ha!)... I'm pretty sure that using the bra cups or whole bra would work very well. Just remember to use a bra that is stretchy...not one with firm cups.

• Isadora
    Isadora Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2016
    Options

great instructions I'm on a foobie making kick rite now lol trying different things and c what holds up the best. I intially filled my foobie with the styrfoam pellets found in a bean bag chair along with poly beads found in beany baby from my local second hand stores. works well but a little noisy when u move them. About to try stuffing with polyfill found in the stuffed animals. As for the swimming foobies I would use some poly beads sewn in a pouch for extra weight!

• Isadora
    Isadora Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi Whim....Why not just sew ur pocket on ur bra fill it with what ever u want and sew the pocket up built in! When ur bra needs placing use the same material if possible for ur new bra?

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,831
    edited May 2017
    Options

bumping for our new sisters.

• JuliaJazz
    JuliaJazz Member Posts: 175
    edited May 2017
    Options

Thanks, LindaLou. Similar instructions including a pattern in case you don't have a form to copy can be found here.  http://mastectomysolutions.com/sew-your-own-breast-forms.php  I am in the process of making those now but am definitely going to try your turkey baster method for filling them.  Thank you!

• JuliaJazz
    JuliaJazz Member Posts: 175
    edited June 2017
    Options

Well, I finished my microbead breast form following the pattern from the website: http://mastectomysolutions.com/sew-your-own-breast-forms.php and using the turkey baster method posted at the top of the page by LIndaLou53. I am very happy.  The size fits perfectly in my old bras so I can reuse them.  Since I had a double mastectomy I will also be using the information from that website about how to extend your bra into a camisole top  http://mastectomysolutions.com/making-a-mastectomy-camisole.php or how to make suspenders to tie your bra to your pants so they won't ride up http://mastectomysolutions.com/bra-band-ouch-fix.php  I think my forms will stay in place in the one bra I tested without adding a pocket but I will check out all of my other bras, except the underwire ones which I will give away and, if necessary, I will add bra pockets  http://mastectomysolutions.com/convert-a-bra.php

I am thrilled with the softness and light weight of the microbead forms.  I think these will be my go to forms and I will make a couple more pairs to have around while one is in the wash.  I am going to use the salad spinner wash method and dry on top of a plastic coated wire shelf rack like you can use in your cabinets.  

• Christene502
    Christene502 Member Posts: 47
    edited April 2019
    Options

microbead breast forms

I am book marking this - going to make a set for myself...

• aussie-cat
    aussie-cat Member Posts: 5,496
    edited April 2019
    Options

Christene, I hope it works out well for you. I haven't got around to making myself a pair yet.