Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

32 year old wife ER+/PR-/HER-2+++ (share experiences pls!)

Options
124»

Comments

• septembersong
    septembersong Member Posts: 153
    Options

Wonderful news--thanks for the update!

Ann

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 763
    Options

GREAT NEWS!!!!!  So happy to hear this.  I have been thinking about you and your wife.   Thanks for the update!!!!!

• Twinmom77
    Twinmom77 Member Posts: 56
    Options

What great news!!  I can't help with info on the Tykerb trial, but I'm sure someone here can because I know I've seen it mentioned before. So happy for you guys!

• jpmercy
    jpmercy Member Posts: 94
    Options

So very happy for your wife and your family!!!!! What wonderful news! I think and pray for you often!!! Take care!!

• SunDiego
    SunDiego Member Posts: 40
    Options

Update
    NED as of last month!
    CA 27-29 dropped to 11 after climbing last few times from 25 -> 26 -> 30 (now 11!)
    CA 15-3 dropped to 13.5 after stabilizing last few times around 20
    Starting Tykerb today (with Herceptin, but without Xeloda or any other chemo), just as a preemptive measure (Interestingly, this article came out last week)
    Started Tamoxifen last week

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    Options
    SunDiego - I haven't seen your news for a while, I am so happy for your family!!
  • Twinmom77
    Options

Yay! Yay! Yay!  So happy for you guys!

• SunDiego
    Options
    It's been a while since I've last posted an update... but not for any other reason than life has returned to a level of normalcy.

My wife's last 13 months of scans, including a PET/CT, bone scan and brain MRI done in the last 30 days were all "normal".

So this single liver metastisis has decided it's had enough and doesn't care rear it's head anymore (knock on a giant Sycamore tree).

Happy new year to all.
  • suzieq60
    suzieq60 Member Posts: 1,422
    Options

SunDiego - I often wonder how you both are - thankyou for letting us know all is well - you've made my day

((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Sue

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

SunDiego, that is great news! Sending good "kick cancer behind" vibes to your wife!

• cheryl1946
    cheryl1946 Member Posts: 62
    Options

I'm so happy for all of  you.

• Racy
    Racy Member Posts: 974
    Options

SunDiego, I remember your earlier posts and am so happy to hear your wife is still doing well. Wishing her continued good health, and happy times for your family.

• Ca1Ripken
    Ca1Ripken Member Posts: 829
    Options

Soooo great to hear!!!!  

• septembersong
    Options

That is just the most wonderful news. The best of health and happiness to you and your wife.   

• Twinmom77
    Options

I had favorited this in hopes you would update with good news one day...then I stopped getting on here and missed the good news, lol.  Congratulations to you both!! How wonderful that life has taken on a "new normal" and every day is not about cancer for you guys.  Best wishes for continued health and happiness for your family!!!

• SunDiego
    Options

Just a quick update 6 months later... all status quo... same stable scans and tests as before.

Finally she isn't wearing a wig anymore either....

near normalcy.....

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,017
    Options

Just saw this on the active thread - don't know if it was posted b4, but suggest you also check in with the

Young Survival Coalition, because of you wife's age - expect they have a group near you too.

http://www.youngsurvival.org/

Good to hear all is "status quo."

• Racy
    Racy Member Posts: 974
    Options

SunDiego, you are a wonderful, devoted husband. I am so glad that you and your wife are enjoying a happy, healthy life.

You were one of the first members I saw when I joined this site and I know that your wife's situation appeared grim at the time. Your story can give hope to so many others here.

• suzieq60
    suzieq60 Member Posts: 1,422
    Options

Hi SunDiego - that is the MOST fabulous news - give her a big hug from us all.

• weety
    weety Member Posts: 371
    Options

Thanks for checking in and letting us know how things are going.  I think of you and your wife every so often.  Glad to hear the good news!

• septembersong
    Options

Sun Diego,

Like so many others, I followed your family's story and was struck by your wonderful, proactive attitude in this difficult situation.

So very happy to hear your wife is doing well!

Sending you good wishes for continued good health and peace of mind.

Ann

• SunDiego
    Options

hi All. It's been many years since my last update on here. Just letting you all know that my wife has been cancer free for years now, and hasn't also recently stopped all medicines (except for Tamoxifen). If you recall the unknown liver mass was indeed cancerous, so here we are 6 years later and she's doing great. Everyone facing this situation... keep up the hope.

• pessa
    pessa Member Posts: 137
    Options

Thank you for the update and the wonderful news

• chickensandgoats
    chickensandgoats Member Posts: 44
    Options

Wonderful news! So happy that your wife has maintained her health after several years!

• kimm992
    kimm992 Member Posts: 28
    Options

Thank you for coming back and sharing!! Wishing you guys MANY more years of health!