Connecticut Girls

Options

Comments

• karebear76
    karebear76 Member Posts: 150
    Options

Chrisct: I will be looking for you!!! I will be with my dad and hubby. We are going to the dinner. My husband works at Pratt which is right near there.

• chrisct
    chrisct Member Posts: 310
    Options

Owww.  My aching feet.  We're back from the Relay.  I'm a zombie now after staying up all night with a few of the other Superheroes taking turns walking on that tough gravel.  It was so nice to meet you, Karebear, and your hubby and dad. 

Our fundraising results were disappointing, but we had a good time.  Maybe we should all get back into costume and go back out door to door and try to get some more donations after the fact.  We did make $50+ selling our cookies and brownies. 

Must get the pictures off the camera.  I think we've got some good ones.  The cutest ones I think are the ones where the little kids came up to meet Captain America.  His mom made him a really good costume and the kids loved him. 

• sweetie2040
    sweetie2040 Member Posts: 470
    Options

Lynniea-hope you are feeling better. Hugs.

Chris-I didn't get to do the relay. I haven't done one yet. Let me know how it went. It was a hot one!

Emme-how did your apt go with Dr. RInger? What is the new fat grafting procedure Dr. D is doing? I am interested in doing fat grafting and thought he didn't do it. I have been researching a lot about it and think I need it because my skin is very thin and I have extensive ripples. I see him in Sept. and will ask him, but it will help if I know what it is. I also think I may need another procedure as my reconstruction isn't quite right either.

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336
    Options

Hi ladies I had surgery they took out lymph nodes to good thing  they found minute cancer cells in 1 Thank God they took them out

• karebear76
    Options

Chris: It was so good to meet you!! Oh and the brownie and cookies were yummy!!! My son was sweet and let me taste his cookie so I could report back to you!! Laughing

The relay was great, but I agree the gravel was tough. Grass wasn't much better, I ended up falling and bruised my knee and now it is all swollen, just what I need!! OYE!!!

Lynniea: glad they got the cells!!!

Picture of me and my dad at the relay:

• lynniea
    Options
    Thanks I see my surgeon on Thursday.  I hope I get rid of this drain.
  • chrisct
    Options

Karebear - Glad the treats were good.  I'm always afraid of how they will turn out - I am lacking in domestic skills -lol.  Hope your knee is feeling better. 

Hope you can get rid of the drain, Lynniea.  Glad they took that node. 

• lynniea
    Options

Hi CT ladies I got the drain out.  Praise God I am now cancer free.  I see the radiation oncologist on the 10 of AUG.  They took out 13 lymph and only found .32mm cancer cell.  I thank you all for your prayers and I will report after I see the other DR.

• lynniea
    Options

Where are all the CT girls. 

• karebear76
    Options
    On Vacation in PA!!! Laughing At least that is where we are! Lynniea, that is great that you are Cancer Free!!!!
  • sweetie2040
    Options

Lynniea-glad to hear your doing well, that's great news!!!

I haven't been online very much, busy summer and was just away for vacation.  Hope all the CT girls are doing well and enjoying the nice weather we've had this year.

Karebear-what a cute pic of you and your dad! Thanks for sharing it! I've got to get out and do one of those relays soon.

• chrisct
    Options

Well, it turns out Rocky Hill is now hosting a Relay, but it's on Thursday, September 15th and the website says it's from 3pm to 9pm, so I'm not sure if they will even be having a Luminaria ceremony.  So, if anyone is interested in doing mini-Relay, this one might be an option.  Not sure how this will turn out - being on a Thursday...  I've sent an email to the ACS contact I bothered with questions about the East Hartford Relay, so maybe I can post later with more details.

Hope everyone is doing well. 

• karebear76
    Options

chris: It stinks it is on a thurs! I will be having chemo every thurs so I won't be doing a whole lot for the next 12 wks at LEAST on thurs!!

• lynniea
    Options

I CT ladies I would love to meet some of you some where.  I start radiation on the 23 I have simulation and the real thing sometime after that. I have church on Thursdays so I would not be able to make that either.

• sweetie2040
    Options

Chris-a Thurs nite in Rocky hill will be tough for me. Why do they put those things on weeknights.

Lynniea-I'm in Hartford country not far from WestFarms mall. Where would everyone like to meet. We could do a fall lunch or supper. Ideas?

• lynniea
    Options

I live in Norwich My Moms house is in plainville so we could meet some where near west farms Mall.Let me know when I have church on Tues and Thurs and sun.

• chrisct
    Options

I haven't heard back from ACS to confirm the info about the Relay.  I don't know why they are doing it on a Thursday except maybe they got a sponsor - United Healthcare, I believe - at the last minute so maybe there were no sites available on weekends.  It isn't at the High School this year - it's at Corporate Ridge I think.  Maybe they are keeping it limping along until they (townsfolk or corporate sponsors) get organized enough to do a bigger event.  I liked the East Hartford one - except for the gravel.  My knees are still a bit strained from that. 

Did your knee heal up okay from that, Karebear? 

• sweetbean
    sweetbean Member Posts: 433
    Options

Hi there!

I'm moving to the West Hartford area on Thursday.  I'd love to join in a CT meet-up.  :)

• sweetie2040
    Options

Lynniea-I grew up in Plainville. Small world. Maybe we can plan sometime towards the fall since the summer is hetic and everyone is getting ready for back to school stuff.

Chris-so do you plan on going to this one?

Sweetbean-Welcome! Are you orginally from CT? Are your Dr's in the area?

• sweetbean
    sweetbean Member Posts: 433
    Options

Hi there sweetie2040,

I went to school here and then my parents and sister and her family moved here.  Sister and family first, parents second.  So I am moving back.  My oncologist is Dr. DeFusco.  I did surgery and radiation in NYC, though.   Looking forward to moving back!

• chrisct
    Options

The RH Relay?  I don't know.  Was going to wait and see what the ACS lady said.  I think it's weird it's on a Thursday and only 6 hrs.  Most people won't be able to go until after work - around 5 or 6pm.  I'm wondering if it is just for the employees of the company sponsoring it. 

• karebear76
    Options

Chris: My knee is much better. I still have a little pain if I try to bend it back but other than that it is pretty good. I think I am going to try to see if my Dad can come down again next year!

• chrisct
    Options

Glad to hear your knee is better.  I think my DD will want to do EH again next year.  I hope she can get the same group together again.  4 of the 5 of them will have graduated (I can't believe it!), but it is mid-summer so hopefully they can get together once again.  I wonder if we can get them to rake the gravel to the side for the day next year - that was too much.  (I don't think we will wear the ground down too much with our walking - will we?)  Hope your dad can come down again.  It's so nice that he was there with you.

When do you start chemo or have you started already?  Where do you go?

• lynniea
    Options

yes that sounds good let me know a place and time and I will try to be there.  I have my second appt for radiation the simulation part.  It's nice to have ladies in ct with the same problem so we can get answers when some had already gone through it.

• chrisct
    Options

Didn't hear from ACS so I wrote to the corporate contact - I'm impatient - and she said that the Rocky Hill Relay is just a corporate event - not open to the public.  I think they need to make that more clear on the Relay for Life website.  I know most of us couldn't go anyway, but sorry for the false alarm in case anyone was thinking about going.  They might try to expand next year.  We'll have to see. 

Lynniea - did you have your simulation today?  Are you getting tattoos or are they just using marker?   

• lynniea
    Options

I have my appt tomorrow but when I saw the dr last time he showed me the marks and they were tattoos I don't think they do the markers here.

• karebear76
    Options

Chris: I start chemo on thurs. That will begin my next 12wks of treatment every thurs. I hope it truely is easier than the ACT.

• lynniea
    Options

Hi CT ladies I went to my simulation today and got my tattoos.  I next appt is on the 31 Aug and the real thing starts Sept 1.  I wont this over and done with and go and do something fun for a change.  I will have to go till the middle of Oct for this.

• chrisct
    Options

Yes - it is a long haul (I was diagnosed 2/5 and didn't finish rads until 11/30 - waiting, waiting, and more waiting), but you will be surprised at how quickly it becomes a distant memory and you can't even remember some details you thought you would never forget.  It will be over before you know it!   ((((((Lynniea)))))))

• singlemom1
    singlemom1 Member Posts: 260
    Options

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for awhile as my computer was broken.  I just finished chemo a few weeks ago and I am sooooooooooooo glad it is over. I had a very hard time with it but completed the whole thing.  I am just starting to feel like I am getting my strength back. Though I feel like I am about 80 years old. I will be starting radiation soon. Hope all are doing well.