Connecticut Girls

Options

Comments

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336
    Options

Hi CT ladies I also start Radiation in Sept.  I just have numbness and tingling in hands and feet.  I just want that to go away.  Hope so soon.  I can't wait to see some of you all soon I will love for a get together soon. I feel like I know some of you all now.  Hope all is well with everyone and will pray for you all.

• karebear76
    karebear76 Member Posts: 150
    Options

Chemo 1 of 12 done. Some tiredness, burning in the stomach and nausea but not totally horrible. Better than the ACT. I am on Navelbine now but haven't seen too many ladies on here that have had it.

• lynniea
    Options

Glad your done with 1 take it one day at a time.  I was very blessed and was not very sick with my chemo but with the taxol I got numbness in hands and feet that is still there.  I have been done since June 30 hoping it will go away soon.  Hope and pray everyone will be safe through this storm.

• chrisct
    chrisct Member Posts: 310
    Options

Hope you feel better fast, Karebear.

Stay safe, my Connecticut friends.  (((((((CT sisters))))))))

• lynniea
    Options

Hi ladies I hope all is well after the storm.  We had 2 huge trees fall and they just missed our house.  God is in control.

• chrisct
    Options

Glad the trees missed your house!  We are okay here - still have power.  School has been canceled for the first 2 days for this year so far.

Hope everyone else is okay!

• lynniea
    Options

Me to We where thinking that maybe we can all get together soon.  We need to make plans soon.

• sweetie2040
    sweetie2040 Member Posts: 470
    Options

Sweetbean-I hear good things about Dr.Defusco.Two of mhy friends have her and she is very thorough.

Singlemom-Good to hear from you, wondered where you've been. Did you end up having surgery? I glad your chemo is over. It's a long hard road but you'll get through it.

Ladies-I heard the Aqua Turf in Southington hosts a BC dinner in OCT.  They have wonderful food there and the place is lovely. The proceeds also help women who need help with medical expenses and they have a speaker. This might be a good place and time to meet. I need to find out more and get back to you.

I hope everyone is ok after the storm. We lost power for almost two days but I know many people have had to endure worse. 

Lynniea-Thank God the trees missed your home and your ok.

• lynniea
    Options

That sounds like a wonderful time at the Aqua Turf.  I would be much interested in meeting you all in person.  I start my test radiation tomorrow and start on the first.  Hope and pray all goes well.  I will let you all know how it went.

• sweetbean
    sweetbean Member Posts: 433
    Options

I'm in for the AquaTurf!  Do we know the date?

• lynniea
    Options

I hope it is not the 8th I have my nieces wedding in Boston that weekend.

• chrisct
    Options

Is this the event at the Aqua Turf?  http://www.ladiesnightoutonthetown.com/BREAST-CANCER--10-12-11.html

If so, it's Wed, Oct 12th.  Doors open at 6pm for cash bar and shopping.  Ticket price:  $45  (with $10 going to the mammogram project)

• lynniea
    Options

Do we buy out tickets a head of time or at the door. I am headed to radiation for the real thing one down and 29 to go.

• lynniea
    Options

We need to do it together so we all can sit together let me know who is going to send it in and where to send the money.

• sweetie2040
    Options

Chris-yes thats it. If any of you haven't been there before its a beautiful place and the food is excellent. For the event you can reserve a table of ten. You need a name to put the table under and then when you call you have to make sure they add you to that table. Let me know who wants to go and if we have around 10 I will be willing to call and reserve a table. Let's just get a count first of who might be interested. I know a few other CT girls who are not on this thread too and I'll email them.

• lynniea
    Options

I am very much interested in going and looking forward to it

• Claire82
    Claire82 Member Posts: 490
    Options

I'd like to go :)

• sweetie2040
    Options

Hi Claire! How are you?

Let's see if a few more people want to go and I'll call and start reserving the table.

• singlemom1
    singlemom1 Member Posts: 260
    Options

I would also be interested in going!

• lynniea
    Options

Are we getting a table.  Tell us where we need to call.

• lynniea
    Options

Hi Ladies had my 6th TX of radiation today only 24 left.  Iam attending celebration of life at the hospital I go to.  How is our table comming?  Have a nice weekend.

• sweetie2040
    Options

Lynniea-glad your doing well. You have to call the Aqua Turf ( CHris posted the link above). If one of you doesn't mind calling and asking that they reserve a table under breastcancer.org and give your name. After that whoever calls has to give the name the person who reserved the table. I'm not sure at this point yet if I'm going to be able to go because I just started a part time job and I work night hours.I'm going to try, so I'll let you know.

• bunchocats
    bunchocats Member Posts: 18
    Options

Hello ladies! I just got off the phone with Sweetie2040 (thank you so much for your time) who suggested this site.  I have recently been diagnosed with invasive lobular carcinova.   I don't have any other information other than the lesion is 3 cm at it's widest point.   I was going to go to bed but I thought before I do, I'd check to see if anyone has heard of a doctor I am considering.  I hope to at the very least be able to set up an appointment with an oncologist tomorrow.  Is anyone familiar with Dr. Gary Tansino?

I have my moments where I am very strong and positive and other where I'm very nervous and scared.  Right now I"m wavering between the two.  I'm more afraid of what the doctor is going to say as to the stage of my cancer.  I know that makes a big difference as to whether or not there is treatment possible.   

• rosie06ct
    rosie06ct Member Posts: 66
    Options

hi CT girls, I am glad i found this thread. I wish I would have found it sooner cause I live in colchester and its right down the road from haddam .. ;(

i will keep looking for the next meeting date  .

• lynniea
    Options
    HI Rosie I live in Norwich right down the road from you.  Where is your  dr at?  maybe we could meet for lunch some time and meet if you would like?
  • lynniea
    Options

If we start a table and we don't fill what happens?

• sweetie2040
    Options

Welcome Bunchocats! It's very normal to feel the way your feeling right now, but once you get a more specific DX you will have a plan of attack. Hang in there we are all here for you and it's going to be alright.

Hi Rosie-Welcome to our thread. I have a friend who lives in Colchester that I met through my Dr. She also is going through bc and wanted a patient reference. She lives about 45 mins away from me but I see her when she comes down for her Dr appts. It's a small world.

• sweetie2040
    Options

Lynniea-I'll call the Aqua turf today and get some info and let you know.

• sweetie2040
    Options

Hi Ladies-here's the scoop on the Ladies night out at the Aqua turf- first off although it is at the Aqua turf they are not the ones presenting it. It is done in association with Bristol hospital. It is going to be a real nice event. They will have something for each survivor who attends, many vendors, prizes, a fashion show with survivors in it, a quest speaker and a full course dinner. Dinner will include salad,pasta, roast beef, chicken Francois, roasted potatoes and vegetables, coffee and desert.

Now in order to get a table together one person have to send in the form (that was on the link above) and order all the tickets at once.This is because the tickets are numbered and in order to be seated together they must all be purchased at the same time. Once ordered the tickets can be held at the door and picked up that night. The only problem is since one person has to place the order the checks will need to be sent to that one person who gives the order from to them. They are located out of Bristol so I can do that if you guys want. The check would be made out to L&O Health Project. Let me know if your interested and I can give you my address privately. You can view all the details on the prior page where the link was posted. It sounds like a really fun night and the Aqua Turf is a gorgeous place (they have huge weddings there).

If you want to order the ticket on your own you can but you won't be seated with the group. You can do that as well by sending your check to the address on the link and they will hold your ticket at the door. She said they are not set up to take credit cards. The thing is being organized by volunteers who put on these type of events for women. I also told the event sponsor about BC.org and she thought it was so great she wants to put it in the brochure they hand out that night.If you girls want to buy tickets on your own we can always decide to just meet eachother there and say hi at somewhere but no guarantee we'd be seated together that's all.

• lynniea
    Options

I am still very interested in going.  I want to sit with you all.  So let me know where to send the ticket money.