Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Halaven - Day 1

Comments

• eag1954
    eag1954 Member Posts: 119
    edited April 2012

Elizabeth-Mamalizard do you have steroids added to pre-meds or no?

• catherinejane
    catherinejane Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2012

For those of you who have been following this post and supporting Donese and Robin, it is with great sadness that I tell you that Robin passed away yesterday.  Please keep Donese and Robin's family in your prayers.

Cathy

• K-Lo
    K-Lo Member Posts: 826
    edited April 2012

Wth did they see it coming? It seems they couldn't get a fair shake at all. Love to Donese and family

Ty Kathy. Jeez

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,558
    edited April 2012

So terribly sorry to hear this news. Our thoughts are with Donese and Robin's family...

Thank you for keeping us posted.

--The Mods

• cheryl1946
    cheryl1946 Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2012

I am so sorry.Their family is in my prayers.

• eag1954
    edited April 2012

I am so, so , sorry to hear this.  Donese was just saying the chemo was being changed.  My heart and my prayers go out to Robins family.  Donese was such a good caretaker.  I just cant believe this. 

• Bunker2007
    Bunker2007 Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2012

My Dear Friends,

Thank you for all of the support. Thank you Cathrine for posting the news about my life partner Robin. There are so many things to do and I had no idea how difficult this was going to be.

Robin passed away yesterday morning at about 11:40 in the morning. The lungs mets were more severe than either one of us imagined and her body was just too weak to take the treatment. She had treatment on Tuesday and on Wednesday she was in the hospital and on a ventilator. Thursday it became obvious that Robin's fight with cancer was not a winning one and I called in Hospice Thursday night. We took her off the vent Friday morning at 11:30 and she was gone in about 10 minutes. Her body was ready...

My heart aches...the tears have fallen for days...sleep is rare...and eating is nearly impossible. I had no idea how painful this was going to be. I am not sure what I thought this was going to be, but I'm struggling none the same.

Those of you at are in the Austin Texas area there will be an obituary in tomorrows paper telling of the services. I will post agin soon.

Love to all,

Donese

• deadmanskipping
    deadmanskipping Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2012

Oh my goodness, Donese. I am so sorry. My mouth won't shut for the shock I'm in. This stinks. It really does. Thank you for letting us all know. Ugh. I have no words---only a sadness and an undeniable bond this cancer forces us all to have. :-(

Eag----no steroids before treatments. I had decadron before my first treatment, then made sure to put a stop to that. I'm SO much happier and hardly have any side effects on halaven.

• apple
    apple Member Posts: 1,466
    edited April 2012

I am so sorry Donese.  My condolences to all who loved Robin

• bourscheid
    bourscheid Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2012

So sorry to hear about Robin.  Thoughts and prayers with all.  Hugs and blessings!

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited April 2012

Donese...

My sincere condolences. What a wonderful supporter you've been for Robin. Sending you love and wishing you peace...

Rose.

• bourscheid
    edited April 2012

PET scan for me tomorrow...getting scanxiety...is the Halaven working?  Tumor markers have remained stable...47, 49 then back to 47...throughout this first three cycles.  

• Fitztwins
    Fitztwins Member Posts: 144
    edited April 2012

I am so sorry to hear this. May you find peace in your heart to carry on.

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited April 2012

I'm so sorry.  RIP Robin.

Donna

• meima-Bev
    meima-Bev Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2012

I am so very sorry to hear of Robin's passing.  Sincere condolences to all who loved her.          Bev

• penny4cats
    penny4cats Member Posts: 70
    edited April 2012

Donese and family, I am so sorry to hear of Robin's passing. I lost another sister from Wisconsin this morning. You and Robin have touched my heart thru this forum, may her spirit be where it is forever spring. Healing hugs and warm embraces for all who loved Robin...Penny

• eag1954
    edited April 2012

Lori sorry for the scanxiety...hoping all goes well and that halaven is working!  Please let us know the good news when you get results!

Elizabeth-eag

• penny4cats
    edited April 2012

Donese when you are ready I would recommend Megan O"Rourkes book The Long Goodbye. It has many excellent resources listed at the back and she is a gifted writer who throughly researched grief and wrote from her personal experiences. Love and hugs, will be thinking of you as you honor Robin.

• ibcmets
    ibcmets Member Posts: 312
    edited April 2012

So very sorry for the loss of Robin.  Wishing those close to her peace & comfort.

Terri

• K-Lo
    edited April 2012

On Halaven, does anyone have info related to whether it crosses blood brain barrier?

• penny4cats
    edited April 2012

according to my onc no

• K-Lo
    edited April 2012

Ty, Penny.   I have a very strange situation going on with opinions.....   but I thin it will be settled tomorrow.

• bcsurvivor76
    bcsurvivor76 Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2012

I just had my first round of Halaven yesterday with steroids and zofran. I woke up this morning with a bad headache. I am so grateful to have found this board, and have gained so much support from each and every one of you. Thank you,

• K-Lo
    edited April 2012

BC, Its been a mild run for me so far.  Start third cycle tuesday.  Keep your stool softeners handy.

• eag1954
    edited April 2012

Hey Kathy,

Had my chemo on Thursday w/o steroids.  Just very fatigued.  Other then that not too bad.  Feel like I could lay down and sleep 8 hours like I did yesterday.  Its had the opposite affect on me.  No stool softeners needed!  Glad to hear its mild for you.  Whats up with everybody else?

• K-Lo
    edited April 2012

I'm tired. Who else?

• eag1954
    edited April 2012

Exhausted!!!!!

• Bunker2007
    Bunker2007 Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2012

I think I was born tired!

• bourscheid
    edited April 2012

Looks like I'll be a Halaven dropout.  Yell

All mets showing increased metabolic activity and slightly larger.  Also inflammation around the lining of the heart.  So...onc is sending me back to Abraxane which I had great success with in 2008.  At least I know what to expect.   

• eag1954
    edited April 2012

Sorry to hear it Lori, but if Abraxane works, thats most important.  What are the side effects?