Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

When do most recurrences for HER2 happen

Options

Comments

• jacksnana
    jacksnana Member Posts: 28
    edited May 2011
    Options

Ann, I am so sorry.  Was so hoping it wouldn't go this way.  I also hope they are wrong and this ends up being something else.  Hugs and prayers, Veda

• PlantLover
    PlantLover Member Posts: 132
    edited May 2011
    Options

I'm so sorry Ann!

• suzieq60
    suzieq60 Member Posts: 1,422
    edited May 2011
    Options

((((((MORE HUGS))))))))

• Ca1Ripken
    Ca1Ripken Member Posts: 829
    edited May 2011
    Options

(((Ann)))  I'm so sorry you had to hear this... just sucks.  I will pray that you do well with the biopsy and keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  You are handling all of this with such grace, you are a great inspiration to me! 

• elmcity69
    elmcity69 Member Posts: 320
    edited May 2011
    Options

((((ann)))) - sigh. you are in my prayers double time! asking my guardian angels to go on overtime for you.

hugs/prayers/thoughts to you, for you

janyce

• Iamstronger
    Iamstronger Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2011
    Options

Ann, you are in my thoughts and prayers. 

V

• Estepp
    Estepp Member Posts: 2,966
    edited May 2011
    Options

Ann.........

I am sending you a PM

• lilylady
    lilylady Member Posts: 478
    edited May 2011
    Options

Coolbreeze-so sorry this has come up for you, I am seeing a liver guy in 1o days. I am doing neo-chemo and knew I had liver issues from the start. TCH has made it go from almost 3 inches to a mm size. I will let you know what they tell me. I am hoping for radio ablation. just from talking to him on the phone I felt better about it. He saif they use way less invasive procdures than they used to. My issues are on the upper dome by the diaphragm.

I hope you get in to see someone soon-not knowing is sooo much harder. I have moved you to the top of my prayer list

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze Member Posts: 250
    edited May 2011
    Options

Thanks again ladies.  I had my "pre-op" blood work done and am now waiting for the biopsy appointment.  I got the insurance approval in the mail.  Due to the holiday, I don't expect they'll call until Tuesday now.  

Yes, the waiting is the hardest part.  I have no idea what my new treatment plan will be, or if i'll lose my hair again.  I was pretty sanquine about it the first time but I feel a lot less peaceful about doing it twice.

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    edited May 2011
    Options

Please keep us posted, both of you, on your progress and treatment. This disease really bites.

• CoolBreeze
    edited May 2011
    Options

I will, thanks.  Yeah, I thought I'd be one to skate, but nobody is safe from this horrible disease.  :(

• greenacres
    greenacres Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2011
    Options

Hi Ann, I am so sorry this is happening to you. I don't post very often here, but felt a need to now.  I want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.  Can I ask....what kind of chemo did you have?  Carboplatin or Adriamycin?  And did you have a Taxol with it?  I'm just curious.  Hang in there......we'll all praying for you!  Sandra

• CoolBreeze
    edited June 2011
    Options

Hi Sandra,

I did TCH, which I guess is standard for early stage HER2+ cancer when you are node negative.  I was scheduled to do six rounds of carboplatin, taxotere and herceptin than continuing on with a year of herceptin.  Half way through though, I had neuropathy with the taxotere so I switched to weekly taxol. I completed it all successfully and did my year of herceptin.  Only five months after I was done with herceptin, these relatively large lesions were found.

• greenacres
    greenacres Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2011
    Options

I honestly never knew what the TCH meant until now :)  DUH!  That is exactly what I had, exactly as you did but I continued with the Taxotere. I don't have neuropathy, but my toenails STILL look horrible from that stuff.  Anyway, My thoughts and prayers are with you, hang in there and stay strong and keep your sense of humor.  I will check on you often and I go to your blog all the time LOL! :)  Hugs - Sandra

• mikamomof3
    mikamomof3 Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2011
    Options

Ann, have been off a while, but I hope all goes well with your biopsy - you are in my prayers!

• CoolBreeze
    edited June 2011
    Options

Thanks all.  I posted a very long blog post about the biopsy.  I'll shorten it here:

It hurt like a MoFo!!!!

Never again.

Results on Wednesday. 

• suzieq60
    suzieq60 Member Posts: 1,422
    edited June 2011
    Options

(((((((((((((Ann)))))))))))) hoping for B9 results.

• CoolBreeze
    edited June 2011
    Options

I can't remember where all my threads live!

Not benign, it's in the liver.  PET tomorrow, Monday a treatment plan. 

• orange1
    orange1 Member Posts: 92
    edited June 2011
    Options

That really bites.  I'm so sorry.

• Lilah
    Lilah Member Posts: 2,631
    edited June 2011
    Options

Ann I am so so sorry to hear this.  Prayers for a treatment plan that kicks cancer in the butt.

Edited to add: I just spent an hour reading your blog and links... it is awesome.

• PlantLover
    PlantLover Member Posts: 132
    edited June 2011
    Options

Ann - that sucks and that's a huge understatement!!

• saralmom
    saralmom Member Posts: 216
    edited June 2011
    Options

Ann I'm so sorry to hear your news.  Wishing you well with your PET and for a treatment plan that gets you NED very soon.

• marjie
    marjie Member Posts: 365
    edited June 2011
    Options

Ann I was sorry to hear your news.  I have followed your blog since accidentally coming across it as I was going through my diagnosis last year.  Never apologize!!  You have been a true inspiration for me and I'm sure many others. You've been a valuable source of information and definitely some laughs at times I needed it most.

We are all here for you now (((hugs)))

• lago
    edited June 2011
    Options
    coolbreeze I hate that this is happening to you but there are so many treatments that can keep this under control. Please keep up posted with your treatment plan if you fee comfortable sharing.
  • CoolBreeze
    edited June 2011
    Options

Thank you all.  I had my PET today and see my onc on Monday.  He should have all the information at that point to come up with a treatment plan.

I sure hope I can keep working.  I really love my job.  But, I have to be there at 7:00 a.m. and last time I did chemo, mornings were hard for me. 

• amlg1
    amlg1 Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2011
    Options

So sad to hear this.Praying all goes well with PET.

• suemed8749
    suemed8749 Member Posts: 210
    edited June 2011
    Options

Ann - I found your blog last night - you are a wonderful writer!  I'm so sory that you're dealing with liver mets now - hoping nothing else shows up on the PET and tx sends you straight into the arms of NED.

• lago
    edited June 2011
    Options

Veggie 5 years is a bigger but so isn't 2 & 3. Reaching 2 years is really really good. It's year 4 that you only get a cup cake instead of the big cake Tongue out

Seriously every day, month, year you are NED is a great sign.

• suemed8749
    suemed8749 Member Posts: 210
    edited June 2011
    Options

Veggie - The big graduation to 6 months IS exciing - my onc PA told me last week that she would "graduate" me but since I'm in the follow-up year for the Neratinib trial, I still have to go in every 4 months. Lago is right - every day is a cause for celebration.

For my 3-yr anniversary, I had brownies Tongue out.

• weety
    weety Member Posts: 371
    edited June 2011
    Options

Coolbreeze (Ann), I hate that you are having to go through this again.  This disease really sucks.

Veggie, my onc said the first 1-3 years out of treatment are the biggest risk period with the time between year 2-3 being the biggest (which I'm in right now) but yes, it can still recur at 5 yrs or longer, just not as likely since usually HER2+ cancer is aggressive and fast growing--it usually shows up sooner than a slow growing one.