Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

When do most recurrences for HER2 happen

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    edited April 2014
    Options

Yes I finished Hereceptin in the fall of 2011. I did not do AC though. I did Taxotere/Carboplatin X 6 instead with Herceptin. It's easier on the heart but  has it's own special SE that aren't fun either.

• ilke
    ilke Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2014
    Options

carboplatin is for ovarian cancer? 

• lago
    edited April 2014
    Options

Could be for ovarian too but carboplatin is also approved for breast cancer.

Here is a list from bc.org of chemos for breast cancer. Note that it hasn't been updated since July 2013: linky

• Basia
    Basia Member Posts: 345
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hey Lago, nice to see you are still on the boards! I stopped coming here after all was said and done and felt I could move on.  I hate to comment on this topic, but recurrence can happen at anytime.  I had just met with my oncologist 3 weeks ago who congratulated me on the approach of my 4 year mark, telling me that my chances of recurrence will drastically decrease…well that wasn't really the case.  Last week I was diagnosed with recurrence.  Waiting for all the reports to come back so my BS can remove this mass on my breast and we can get a full pathology on it.  

• mjm1
    mjm1 Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2014
    Options

From what i can tell from the clinical trials, there is some risk of a recurrence at any point (at least up til the end of the 8-9 years they've followed up so far), but that the risk gets a lot smaller as time goes on.

• lago
    edited May 2014
    Options

Basia nice to see you too. Sucks regarding the recurrence. Sounds like a local recurrence. That happened to a friend of mine too (young triple negative). She is doing fine. That was well over a year ago. It didn't spread anywhere else. Keep me posted. Feel free to PM

• girlstrong
    girlstrong Member Posts: 299
    edited August 2016
    Options

bump...

• homeschool4us
    homeschool4us Member Posts: 74
    edited August 2016
    Options

I've been cuious about this as well. Anyone know of any new updates?