Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Options

Comments

• libraylil
    libraylil Member Posts: 325
    Options
    Carberry, whoop, whoop on your last tx.  Now ride out the next few days without that repeat performance to look forward too.  Doesn't it feel great. libray lil
  • carberry
    carberry Member Posts: 997
    Options

libraylil  thank you... yes it feels great.. I hope the knowledge that its my last will give me such a great boost that I will by-pass the SE's. have consult with surgeon on Thurs  Onward and upward!!

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    Options
    Congrats carberry on finishing chemo!!!!
  • TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589
    Options

Carberry...just wondering how you're doing with side effects today?

Keep us posted...especially if the post-chemo glow gets you through!

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Options
    Yay for carberry Time to sing 
  • lou10
    lou10 Member Posts: 53
    Options

Greetings ...

I'm going to the oncologist for the first time tomorrow and just wanted to say hi. I'm a newbie but should have found this thread sooner so I could read some of the posts. Look forward to coming back after I find out what's in store for me.

I'm hoping things don't get delayed (not that I really want things to start either!) because I now need a core biopsy on the other side of the breast I recently had surgery on. Had an ultrasound last week to rule out an apparently benign mass from a pre-surgery MRI, but the US radiologist rated it as possibly malignant. Ugh.

Look forward to getting to know the group!

• kriskat
    kriskat Member Posts: 116
    Options

Lou-I see my oncologist for the first time tomorrow too! Ready to get this thing going-kind of lol! Hope things go well with biopsy-will be thinking of u!

• lou10
    Options

kirskat - Thanks! Sure hope your appointment goes well ... maybe we can compare notes afterwards.

• carberry
    Options

Lago and tonlee, doing good on Mon.  Chills(its only 10 degrees out) and headache from Herceptin as usual.  Must be the whole attitude thing is working for me.  cooking and eating like crazy!  (stereoid)

Lou10 and kriskat  good luck with this part of your treatment...scary as it all is, you will get through.  Trust your docs and know they are alll ther to help you.  I never thought I would get to the end of this chemo...and now here it is.  Keep us up on your treatments and hopefully we can help.  This site has been such a blessing to me.

• libraylil
    Options

Sounds like we are all doing great.  I had the pesky fluid drained this afternoon so my RO can hopefully begin.  I'll see him next Tuesday to replan, maybe some new tatts.  No pain, the draining was uneventful except my breast is smaller.  I know it was smaller than the right after the re excision, but I guess it just expanded gradually.  Saw the ultrasound so there was definitely fluid in there.  She removed two and 1/2 big syringes .  I had a big dent, but its beginning to settle in and look rounder.  DH thinks it looks just fine.  He also said in the grand BC scheme a small dent is not a big deal, the important thing is to get well. 

libraylil

• lou10
    Options

Hey all,

Saw the oncologist today and my HER2 status has changed, so I guess I don't belong. Found out some other stuff I wasn't expecting and am having to wrap my head around, but what can do you? Tomorrow's another day...

Wish all you triple positives the best! 

• TonLee
    Options

Libra,

wow, sounds like a lot of fluid.  Glad it's out.  My fluid backed up and became infected after tube removal, so I'm glad yours didn't.  That was not fun.

• melania
    melania Member Posts: 12
    Options

Hi everybody ,

I wa wondering if anybody had chemo before surgery and by the time of BMX did immidate reconstruction ??

I've been diagnosed Sept 2010 and i did cheo before surgery, i will have my BMX with reconstruction in April , Radiation onc said that if i choose to pt tissue expanders i will only have 6- 8 weeks to get expnaded , because we cant start rads later than that , it's different when  have surgery firt cuz u have chemo next and u have enough time to get expanded before rads.Is this enough time to get to a C cup ?? There is also another option which is one step preocess with Aloderm at the time of BMX , no tissue expanders, so i posted a new thread to see others opinions. .

I am originally very small chested and i wanted to go for a C cup at least now that i have to go through all these !

Any suggestions??

thanks

• lago
    Options

I did surgery first but I was expanded 3 times before I started chemo… I was healing well. I expansions a week. I am now 5 weeks out from chemo and started expanding again today. I'm going for a B cup. I doubt I will have more than 2 more expansions but will see. My PS likes to expand a little larger. My PS would not start expanding till my white counts were normal. I didn't call to make an appointment till 3+ weeks after chemo was done.

My PS also expands slowly.  This questions is best answered by you PS. Depending on how fast s/he expands the 6-8 weeks might be very doable. Also the Aloderm might be a better choice for Rads but you'll have to check with our PS.

• TonLee
    Options

My PS puts in 100 (cc?) each time he expands.  I have 3 maybe 3 1/2 expansions to go before I'm even....but I'm not holding my breath about it...radiation will likely destroy things....~sigh~

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    Options
    TonLee - I think with a very good radiation plan and meticulous skin care you can probably get through rads alright. 
  • geewhiz
    geewhiz Member Posts: 671
    Options

I had bmx, then chemo, then exchange, then rads. New research had just come out in support of this, and I literally flew to Sloan Kettering to have my case reviewed with their head rads onc. it made sense to me...not operating on rads skin.It all just depends on the integrity of your skin. If it's good, 6 weeks should be fine. I kept lotioned up with emu oil all through rads.

• TonLee
    Options

I didn't get clear margins on the skin, and wouldn't let them take anymore...so when I met with the Rad, he kept saying "aggressive" in reference to radiation.  And he's just out of residency in NY.  I'll have lots of questions when I get to that I'm sure.

For now though I have one I really hesitate to ask because it may stem from wishful thinking, and I don't want to appear too foolish.

My hair is coming back...er everywhere.  I am between the 4th and 5th TCH.  I told my Onc and he said, "everyone reacts different, it will likely all fall back out."

So I wanted to post a pic of my growth (ON MY HEAD!!  lol) and asked if you all have/had this too during treatment, and if it all fell out.  It's hard to see because I have blond hair and its growing back in the same color.  Butmy hair grows really slow...like an inch every couple months...

And one more.....

• elaineg
    elaineg Member Posts: 85
    Options

TonLee, I had some growth like that as well, although more sparse and gray.  I kept shaving it off cuz it never filled in and I figured it would look silly when filled in growth started.  But yours is "thicker" than mine, and I don't have hair coming back elsewhere so maybe it is real hair!  If it doesn't bug you then go with it and see what happens.  Mine was also uncomfortable under the wig so thus the shaving...

• TonLee
    Options

Elaineg

It was sparse, where I could see each and every hair coming out, and then about two weeks ago it filled in so now I can't see each individual hair coming out....and it's pretty even all over my head....also the other areas of my body (from face to ankles) is getting that sandpaper feel....my nose hair is back...

I'm just wondering how many other women had this...and did it stay, go away or what? 

• geewhiz
    geewhiz Member Posts: 671
    Options

You are lucky!! I didn't get nose hair for about a month and my eyelashes and eyebrows are still super sparse almost a year out!!!

• TonLee
    Options

Gee,

I think my eyebrows and eyelashes will go between now and the end of treatment.  I have a couple gaps in both and I rub my face a lot, and eyes with all the taxotears.

• lago
    Options

I just started to really shed my lashes this week. I'm 5+ weeks out from last chemo. I did have some leg stubble and a tiny bit of pit hair that I shaved a few days ago. Hair on the crown is now starting. Sides and back are doing well. It might have started before my last treatment. I just didn't bother to look.

Brows still look OK. I'm hoping they stay but we'll see. Anyone know when they might fall out?

• libraylil
    Options
    lago,  my eyebrows thinned and fell out between 5 and 6.  They are back now so no more Joan Crawford imitations.  I noticed about 2 weeks ago they were filling in.  libraylil
  • carberry
    Options

Tonlee...I love the pics.  Looks just like my head, spikey hairs going every which way, but I am keeping them no matter what!  I try to wet a brush and smooth them down but they just pop back up like wires. eyebrows and lashes still intact.  Heres the problem...all my friends like my wig so much and say how natural it looks, I am afraid they're gonna be really disappointed when myreal hair comes back. You just cant get  that great color and highlights like with the fake stuff.

• Jenmarie9
    Jenmarie9 Member Posts: 9
    Options

TonLee,

My hair started coming back right around TCH #5. It did not fall out again. I think that would have put me in a looney bin ;)

Lashes came out last. After TCH was done. They didn't all fall out and the ones that did grew back fairly quickly.

I just got my first color and cut on Tuesday. It's still very short, but it almost looks like a real cut now.

Jennifer

• TonLee
    Options

Car-my wig looks a lot like my old hair so people are used to seeing me with some length.  I don't have the face for short hair.  And it grows so slow I will likely never have longish hair again!!

Jen-good to know, thanks!  If it continues this way, I will be able to go wigless at my last Herceptin in December!!  (Not holding my breath tho, it's still skimpy.)

I can tell you that I didn't miss shaving my pits and damn it all..I was really looking forward to no waxing for bathing suit season....that's out unless it all falls back out...lol  And my hoo-ha is itchin where its growing back in!  I know, TMI.

• Ca1Ripken
    Ca1Ripken Member Posts: 829
    Options

After your lashes come back in... expect to lose them again about 3 months later... yes, all of them at the same time!  It's a cycle that is normally unnoticed because they fall out one or two at a time, but now they are all on the same cycle!! 

• Smile_On
    Smile_On Member Posts: 66
    Options

So far so good with my lashes.  I'm almost 4 months post chemo.  Very much hoping that doesn't hold true for me.  I never lost my lashes or eyebrows completely during FEC or Taxotere though, although they thinned a lot, and my left side was prettly close to bare while the right side held more hair which was strange.  My hair on the other hand is very stubbornly not growing.  I did not have any hair growth during chemo.  My last Tax. was on Oct 28. and I finally had some noticeable hair growth at Christmas.  Since then it is coming in, but super slowly with a still very sparse top that looks like I am balding on top.  Hair in other places on my body decided to come in 1st/faster.  It is funny how all of our bodies react so differently.

• TonLee
    Options

Smile,

I've met several women in my survivors group who also never lost their lashes or eyebrows...so I think you have a good shot at keeping yours this far out.

Ever since my Onc gave me B6...My feet feel "weird" on the bottom, hands too...not numb, just thickish stiff.....