TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

Hello, Angela and threeegirls.

Short note. They are keeping me in hospital another day. Numbers are improving but just in case. *sigh* Did I mention I am sick of hospitals? Much love and small SEs

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    Hi, I just saw my dermatologist for my annual skin once-over - and she ended up taking a biopsy of a small spot (brown) that developed in the radiation field since I finished rads.  She said it doesn't look suspicious but she is always careful about any changes to the skin in the area of the radiation treatment.  I just wanted to pass that information on.  So if you had rads and you see something new on your skin in that area it might be a good idea to get it checked out! 
  • dancetrancer
    dancetrancer Member Posts: 2,461

Moonflower - uggghhhhh!!!!  I hate hospitals, too!  Glad to hear you are improving, though. 

Omaz, thanks for the reminder.  I need to go to the dermatologist (WAY behind on my supposed annual checkup)...but been so wrapped up and sick of cancer cr*p I haven't wanted to deal with anything else.  I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling that way!  

• Wendyspet
    Wendyspet Member Posts: 103

FluffQueen -- you out there?

What happened today?

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

Bet she's sleeping. She must be exhausted from all that stress yesterday.

• dragonfly1
    dragonfly1 Member Posts: 516

Moonflower and Fluffqueen Thinking of you both!

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Hey Fluff, I am so sorry sister.  I'm sending mucho cyber hugs your way.

Omaz, I'll pray it is nothing!

Moon, hang in there!  Tomorrow is freedom!!

Just got home from my laproscopic Ooph this morning.  Actual surgery only took 45 minutes!  I only have two stitches!!  How awesome is that?  They "say" I can resume cardio workouts Monday...this according to my husband, but that isn't what the Dr told me before surgery....so once I get that clarified I'll be good!

Also, my dr was awesome...she knows how nosey I am so TOOK COLOR PHOTOS and gave them to my husband (of before)...wow, I expected lots of scar tissue....there was NONE.  Again, how awesome is that?!? 

(My uterus was pretty big (well compared to the ovaries...lol about the size of my fist)...filled with blood I'm on my LAST PERIOD EVER!  I'm really hoping the AI will be easier on my eyes and joints.

The worst part is always the anesthesia for me.  I almost puked several time!  And since I wanted to leave they couldn't give me anything for it.  They have to monitor...yayayaya...so I was out of there, came home, took a pink pepto and laid down for a few hours....

• granuaile
    granuaile Member Posts: 24

Fluffqueen - I hope all is well with you. Just got over a scare myself and wanted to share with you. Six weeks ago I had a CT scan that showed enlarged mediastinal and hilar nodes (chest/bronchus area) and suspicious activity (possible lymphangitic spread) in the upper left lobe of the lung. I was out of my mind with worry, but my onc felt it was just inflammation from radiation. I just had a follow up scan this week, and nodes are reduced, looks like a little infection in the lobe. I know it's impossible not to freak out, but I agree with others who say that the nodes' job is to handle infection!!

• omaz
    Yay TonLee - Success!!!
  • dancetrancer

Yay TonLee!  

• bucky317
    bucky317 Member Posts: 178

Fluff----thinking of you!

tonlee---congrats on your surgery!!!and welcome to menopauseTongue out I don't miss my periods one bit!!!!

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

TonLee you sound great. I get you about the anesthesia. Hate that crap. Never nautious on chemo but give some general anesthesia & gas and I'm totally sea sick. BTW I have had no eye problems on Anastrozole. I do have some stiffness but I'm still doing lots of lunges, squats, crunches etc 3 times a week. The stiff toes can mess up my balence a little with the lunges and squats so I do go a little slower.

• moonflwr912

Ton lee, glad for you, fluff how you doing today?

Looks like I won't be going home tomorrow either, maybe Sunday. Kidney damage does not look permanent so that sounds good. Mix of three meds that did me in, none of them by themselves or even together cause problems, but the three, and Me did. * sigh* isn't that something, I knew I was speciall LOL so things are gettinhg better, but not as quickly as I hoped. Everyond drive safely.

• dancetrancer

Dang it, moonflower, stop being so special!  LOL  Hoping you get home soon and super happy to hear the damage does not look permanent.  

• omaz
    moon - Glad you are on the mend, even if it's a little slower than you would like.  
  • moonflwr912

Lagoon, doing lunged, etc? Herzegovina, I thought I did good to walk around the floor - once LOL

• moonflwr912

Just FYI, they finally got an onco nurse to come and access my port and took out iv. Aaaaaahhhhhh. Little things:...........

• christina0001
    christina0001 Member Posts: 449

moonflwr - feel better soon!

• nora_az
    nora_az Member Posts: 391

I knew it!!!!!   I knew it!!!!!!!!  How many times did I say I was going to start my period and I never for once believed I was in menopause despite what they were telling me!

Well I started my period today. I was told to immediately go OFF the anastrozole and I am to have a complete metabolic and hormone panel on Wednesday and we will see what will be done after that comes back.

I KNEW IT!!!!  

• omaz
    Hi Nora! - Sorry to hear about the new development!  Maybe tamoxifen?
  • nora_az

Hi Omaz.....Yes, she is going to do some sort of  blood test to see how my body will metabolize tamoxifen. We shall see.   It's so weird I feel like it was some sort of self fulfilling prophecy that I didnt want to happen but I did warn them that I was going to start even though they told me I wouldnt.

Oh well, I will let you all know what happens on Wednesday.

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    nora, just goes to show that we do know our bodies!
  • nora_az

It is weird isnt it NWArtLady?  I honestly wasnt being negative in any manner, we just seem to be in tune with our bodies.

How's Seattle today?   I am was born in Seattle and raised in Snohomish County. I miss it there soooooo much. All my family is still there.

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239

Seattle is awesome! It's a nice, rainy day. Today was my last day of radiation + I had Herceptin so now I'm home with my husband and pups, waiting for the Pagliacci delivery person.

I see you're in Arizona - beautiful country in the winter, but those summers... zoinks!

• nora_az

Tell me about it!  I visit my folks in June/July for a month with my youngest son every Summer. I still cant handle it here in AZ during the Summers!!!  In fact I was just negotiating with them today to stay for 5 weeks this time!  You can take the girl out of Washington but you cant take Washington out of the girl!  I miss my gray, rainy days!

Congrats on finishing your last rad treatment!  Yeahhhh!

• omaz
    NW - Congrats on finishing rads!!!
  • shore1
    shore1 Member Posts: 591

TonLee, glad to hear your ooph went well.

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,797

Fluffqueen is here! So relieved to tell you that things appear to be ok! Arrived at the BS office at 8:00 a.m. By 9:00, she was checking everything out, commenting on how nice my symmetry and tats are. (I would have been more appreciative if I wasn't wondering if all the good stuff was going to be for naught). She felt the lump, couldnt make a definite decision what it was, so ordered ultrasound. They have their one testing right there, so I was whisked over. That was also inconclusive, although it didn't show anything bad, so we moved on to mri. She headed off to surgery in tandem with my PS. The radiologist said I would get a call on Monday. (sigh).

Then, at 5:00p.m. I got a call from the BS and PS together telling me all was clear and they knew I would be stressing and didn't want to wait until Monday. I love those two. Just the best.

They still aren't sure exactly what it is so they are going to monitor it and have me back in 4 months. PS says if it is something he can see when he does the fat grafting at the end of the month, he will check it out then also.

Their general thought is that it is the side with the port and there has been a lot of trauma to the area and it could be inflamed scar tissue, or even fat necrosis, but they don't think that is it.

We met friends for dinner and went to a movie. I sat down in the chair and immediately fell asleep and woke up for the last five minutes. What a relief.

While I know the liklihood is high that it can come back at some point, to find the lump on the anniversary of my BMX was just too cruel.

AND....my cupcakes were really good and hit the spot along with the Godiva hot chocolate and marshmallows. I gave the rest all away today so I could get back on my healthy diet, but for one shining moment, it was fabulous.

Thank you all so much for caring. Even though we are technically strangers, don't you all feel that  we tell each other much more than we do some of our closest friends? I know this is my way not to talk about it endlessly with my friends.

• saralmom
    saralmom Member Posts: 216

Great news fluffqueen!!

• Jennt28
    Jennt28 Member Posts: 1,095

Fluffqueen: YAY YAY YAY for your wonderful doctors, good news, and chocolate!

Jenn