TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Quick note on my way out...

Love the aspirin articles!

My heart has not improved .... MUGA results back today....after 6 months of being off Herceptin and no improvement.  I'm bummed, I want my energy back..but it is what it is!

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    TonLee I'm convinced the healthier you were before chemo the longer it takes for out bodies to bounce back. I think it's just a real shock to our system. I still have hope that your heart will repair.
  • moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

Good luck fluff, Tonlee, praying it is just slow to come back.

• mail-gal
    mail-gal Member Posts: 5

Hi all, I'm new to the site and ironically I am almost done with my treatments, I do my last herceptin on April 19th.YAY!  I finished my taxotere and carbo in mid sept. and almost have a legitimate short hair cut at this point, it seams to take for-ever. Thanks for all the posts, so very informative and helpful, a prayer goes out to Fluff and Tonlee, I don't have a lot of energy, but fortunately my heart hasn't changed thru the chemo, I am having trouble with motivation and getting back to normal,whatever that is, or finding a new normal. Had a BMX  last April and no recon. not sure if I will or not, and to Dechi my last herceptin is exactly a year later than my first one was, I don't really know how many total sorry

• luckyjnjmom
    luckyjnjmom Member Posts: 114

Arlene,

Sorry to hear about the EF drop - do you mind if I ask for more detail? what was it in the beginning, how far did it drop - did it seem to drop each time you had an Echo done? Mine started at 71% - after foru months they ran another Ecoh - same facility - and it was around 60% - the onc said that the first nubmer was a little high and could have been a mstake and not to worry because 60% is a good number. I'm a little suspicious about this - but not worried yet.

BTW - when did your shedding stop? thanks Lucky

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,250

lucky -  had the same situation - first echos may have been a little high, EF dropped but not too low.  Just had my post-Herceptin one a week ago and my EF was on the way back up from 55 to 61.  The percentage is subject to human error because it is computed by where they are putting the crosshairs.  The number is not exact and is dependent on the skill of the technician.

• Wendyspet
    Wendyspet Member Posts: 103

My red counts are still slightly below normal 6 months pfc.  Anyone else?

• dancetrancer
    dancetrancer Member Posts: 2,461

TonLee, u deserve ur nergy back!  So not fair!!!  Praying it comes back!

Fluff, so hope all went well 4 u 2day.

Had my port placed 2day.  Typing w/one hand.

In the hospital - lung punctured during port surgery. Small pneumothorax.  Pain drugs is good.   

• arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

Lucky:  My first MUGAS showed high in the 70's and kept dropping.  Now the cardiologist does the Echos to keep from putting more chemicals in my body.  Everyone has said the 70's were probably not right because 70's seems high.  My cardiologist reads the Echos for what that is worth.  Hate to say it but my shedding lasted for close to 3 months but it was getting slower all along the way.  I was told the MUGAs are read by the radiologist and not the cardiologist.  Not sure if that really means anything.

Hooray Special K in that yours is coming back up.

Wendyspot:  I understand the reds take quite some time to get back to normal because of the Herceptin.  My last Herceptin was in late November and is still low.

TonLee:  Almost every doctor I've talked to says it will recover from the Herceptin.  I agree with Lago that those of us who were (and still try to be) physically fit take longer to recover.  The other day, I was doing my walk/jog and could only make it around 4 miles and that was depressing to me.  I did just get over a cold and of all things, pink eye and then a horrendous reaction to the antibiotic they put me on and had to stop it so that could have affected me too....darn flight back from California is where I had to have caught that mess.

BTW, I used the sleeve and no LE.  :)

• Hils
    Hils Member Posts: 152

Geez Dance - thats not good, do they not do the portocath under guided radiology? Get well soon, hoping you have a very speedy recovery. Big hugs

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

Gee dance, that's not fun I hate to be in hospitals. Pain drugs are good for you right now, so use them. Much love to all

• luckyjnjmom
    luckyjnjmom Member Posts: 114

Dancetrancer,

I'm horrified that this happened to you - that is truly reprehensible. Best wishes for a speedy recovery - hang in there.

Lucky

• arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

OMG Dance.  Please take care and get well soon.  So sorry to hear this.  We are all here for you.

Arlene

• lago
    dancetrancer OMG I know that punctured lung is a possible risk with port placement. Sorry it had to happen to you.
  • geewhiz
    geewhiz Member Posts: 671

Dancetrancer...UGH!!! Hope you are dancing again very soon!!

Lucky...I did the caps too. The area around my ears did come out a bit where the caps didnt fit really well, but other than that...the hair came back in quickly! My hair was super dry and brittle, but that corrected itself too.

Fluff...still thinking of you!

TonLee...sorry to hear about the MUGA. Hopefully they straighten out soon!

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,797

I'm back! Lump appeared to be something with a name that resulted from the first surgery. Sore where the port came out and the compression garment strap kind of rubs across it, but not bad.

I have one spot at tne lipo site that is draining/bleeding some but apparently that is normal. He uses the technique where the incisions stay open. Foobs loom fuller from what I can see. Hopefulle, it will stay that way! Havent checked the nipples yet. Thought I would wait until tomorrow when I undo everything. He did tell my husband that on the side with the thin skin, he had to go a little smaller with the peojection, so I will have one perky one and one not so perky, but doesnt believe it will be noticeable. Honestly, I dont really care that much.

Also, got my thyroid results back. Normal. Echocardiogram back up to 65, still waiting on brca results, but I think I might be ready to move forward....s...lllllooooowwwwwllllyyyy

• fluffqueen01

Dane...just went back and reread some of the posts. Omg....i am so sorry. I nad no idea that could happen.

You are right though....pain drugs is good! I am getting ready to rake one now. Along with stool softeners! Lol

• fluffqueen01

Dane...just went back and reread some of the posts. Omg....i am so sorry. I nad no idea that could happen.

You are right though....pain drugs is good! I am getting ready to rake one now. Along with stool softeners! Lol

Wendy....my overall red count is low normal, but various components run low at different time. He had me start an iron pill, which I remember about half the time, but it seems to help.

Ton lee....I hope everything will get back to normal for you. You are one of the most fit people I know, so I am sure it is tough.

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239

Fluff, I'm so glad things went well!  On the iron pill, I took a SlowFe (iron) pill during chemo and it helped my blood count and helped keep me from being constipated from the iron.

Dance, I'm so sorry that your lungs were punctured - that's terrible!! I hope you are able to heal quickly.

TonLee, that's rough about your heart. You are so fit, it really is surprising. I hope it will return to normal strength.

• lago

Good to see you fluff. Sounds like all is going well. Give the nips a bit. They will look pretty much like huge Frankenipples for a bit. Eventually they get smaller and the stitches are removed/heal. My PS used black stitches for the nipples so they really did look like Frankenipples. Awesome about the "65"

So did you fat come from your tummy/midsection or your thighs? I had more discomfort from the tummy/mid section than the thighs even though he took less (or shall I say found less).

• bucky317
    bucky317 Member Posts: 178

fluff  so glad your surgery went wellSmile!!!  and that your lump was nothing!!!!

dance so sorry to hear that happened to you!! wishing you a speedy recovery,  you too fluff!!!

• ashla
    ashla Member Posts: 1,566

Fluff...

Sounds like you're definitely on the upside of this journey..Wonderful....just wonderful to hear!

• fluffqueen01

Lago... Nothing from thighs, all abdomen area. I am going to shower in a bit so will check everything out more carefully. Not looking forward to prying myself out of this compression garment. And then stuffing myself back into it again.

• fluffqueen01

So...not to get off topic, but for all of you who have nipples.....Mine have this plastic cylinder around them. PS said in post op notes that I can take it off to shower and then put it back on. It does not look that easy to put back on. Left side is still a little oozy so I decided to just sponge bathe today. Dont want to jinx anything.

Lipo area is sore, but really the most painful is where the port was removed. It is really tender.

• fluffqueen01

Oh, and discovered my compression thing zips on the side so that was mucheasier than I thought

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218

dance - How are you doing?  I can't remember if I said before, we have been traveling, but my surgeon told me that the lung puncture was a possibility during port placement. HOpe you feel better soon.

Fluff - Glad you got through and things are on the mend. 

• lago
    Fluff I didn't get  nipple cones. I had to use gauze taped to me to build up the area for protection and wear a very loose "barely there" bra. I also but antibacterial on them so they didn't stick to the gauze. I didn't shower/remove bandages till my post op visit. Surgery was either a Friday or Thursday and post op was a Monday. Showered after that but was told no pulsating shower on the nips. I was to treat them very carefully. I don't remember how long though.
  • geewhiz
    geewhiz Member Posts: 671

Fluff-wouldnt ya love to be a fly on the wall in the OR when they are stuffing us into those compression garments!! I just have these images of them gritting and gnashing teeth, pulling as hard as they can, bracing feet up against the surgery table ...LOL!! I have positively NO IDEA how they managed to get my hind end into that sucker!

• lago

I was lucky. I just had to wear a spanx type garment of my choice.

• vballmom
    vballmom Member Posts: 153

Looks like I am joining this party.   Had my lumpectomy last Thursday and need to either have a reexcision or a mastectomy. I had one positive node, so I am reading all I can about my options. I have to wait until the 16th to meet my oncologist - it seems like an eternity.  In a way, I guess it will give me some time to digest all of this.  

Teresa