TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• geewhiz
    geewhiz Member Posts: 671

Shore, my onc rolled her eyes when I asked for it. She does stay up with her studies though. She didnt think it would be of harm, but doesnt see benefit either. I will be on it for 3 years...so 6 infusions of it.

I could not get her to give me metformin though. I had to go to my regular doc for that, who prescribed it without any reservations.

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,797

Sorry about the typing! I am using my fingers on my ipad and it is terrible!

• bucky317
    bucky317 Member Posts: 178

shore-- I am post meno and I had a bone density done last fall (shortly after starting Arimidex) which showed very early "bone thinning" . My MO isn't totally convinced that it will help prevent mets to the bone, but he does believe it will help strengthen my bones.... and...my insurance is covering itSmile So it is a win-win for me.....unless I develop jawbone necrosis....which is a rare side effectTongue out

Fluff---it does feel very "freeing" to be w/o the wig! Most of the comments I get are..."Wow, your hair is so black!!! Is that your natural color?( which it is not) I love being able to push my hair behind my ears, now if only the bangs.....

• meglove
    meglove Member Posts: 105

Kay, thanks for the information about your mother. I am getting to 42 next year and will see if I need complete hys.

• fluffqueen01

Trying to add a picture but It is not allowing me to. Any ideas? I get the allow access message,and say ok, but then when I try it again, no picture.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    sometimes you have to allow 3 times. Try it. Wink
  • fluffqueen01

I tried it like ten times. lol

• sheila888

Are trying to post a real camera or googled picture?

• fluffqueen01

A picture I took of myself with some hair. It is a jpeg

• sheila888

If you have a FB account post it there (you can delete it right after) copy and paste it here.

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Fluff I have some images that I post on photobucket. They give you the direct link to post.
  • fluffqueen01

I tried that too and it still won't paste. I am not sure what the problem is. I tried it from my ipad also, thinking it was the computer but still no luck. Maybe it is just not meant to be.  Ohhhh....Yay...finally worked!

Growing Hair Kiss I need bangs!!!!

• sheila888

Yeaaaah.You did it.

You look great fluff. ♥

And it's more than some hair.......Smile

Now the rest of the unpleasant body hair will start to grow.Sealed

• fluffqueen01

I was just thinking that I have arm hair, peach fuzz on face that I use the new Oil of Olay facial remover product on, armpit hair, but very little hair on my legs. Love that.

• fluffqueen01

And literally in the 15 minutes it was on facebook, I went back to delete the picture and 6 people had commented. Now I have to leave it or feel like I am being nasty.

• sheila888

Your South parts are doing good then.

The side i had radiation i have no armpit hair just couple of strings.

i know what you are saying..it happened to me once and it was in 30 seconds .....of course i did the same thing you did.

• meglove
    meglove Member Posts: 105

I am due for a three-month check up by my onc. But now I need to travel out of country next week for one month for work. Should I be concerned to postpone my check-up for one month? I called and they do not have any earlier date before I leave.

Fluff, your hair looks great, so do you!!

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    Fluff - You look great!
  • specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,250

fluff - look at you with all your hair! 

• fluffqueen01

I just am not a cute short hair person.

I am slowly getting used to it, but will never like it.

• chachamom
    chachamom Member Posts: 410

You're beautiful!

• gasurvivor2011
    gasurvivor2011 Member Posts: 150

Good photo Fluff. Your hair looks great!

My sister calls me elvis- Laughingmine is part poodle but sticks up enough to be elvis too. And if it gets too long sticks out so bad on the sides.

I don't mind the short fluff- but the short w/ the curl ain't a good combo for me. I liked my short cut prior to chemo cut- it was pretty short and also mostly straight. 

At least we all have hair. We are probably less than thrilled w/ the styles but it's nice to blend in. Wigs help you blend in too. I despised my wig. Scarves were great but definitely not a blend in kinda thing....

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,250

I seem to be at a Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music phase with my hair - I don't like it but I am thrilled to have hair!

• fluffqueen01

With the exception of the hotness, I loved the wig. I had one with human hair, so I could style it, and it was thick, thick, thick! I had hair envy, as my hair was fine and stick straight. I like my curls now because they aren't kinky. I just scrunch them. But the bangs part, what little I have, shrink up. They seem to grow up and then a little over. I keep trying to pull them down a little, but then I feel like I am doing a comb over. LOL.

You are right though, it is nice to blend in. It is finally long enough that going commando does not really garner any odd looks (other than people probably wondering what I let my hairdresser due to my hair). I never could do the scarf thing well. I wore them around the house when my head was cold, but my kids and husband would just chuckle as it just didn't look right on me.

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239

TonLee, I'm sorry to hear about your struggle with creativity. I can name many, many women including Louise Bourgeois (sculptor), Joanna Frueh (writer and performance artist), and Rachel Rosenthal (multi-media) who are/have been creative into their post-menopausal time.  Don't give up on your creativity!

Perhaps if you tried something else for little while and then returned to your writing. Take a photo class, try a dance class in a style you have not tried before, perhaps a cooking class -  something to get your creative side active and stretched in a different direction.  Good luck!!

• shore1
    shore1 Member Posts: 591

Geewhiz, so you're taking zometa & metformin just in case the studies do eventually show some benefit? That's why I told MO I wanted zometa. She said we would revisit it after I have ooph, which im getting this summer even tho MO said its not necessary or recommended with my stats.

• sydneybased
    sydneybased Member Posts: 27
    FluffQueen, it's taken me a year to get to that lengthCool
  • ashla
    ashla Member Posts: 1,566

Fluffqueen

You look great! I would give up alot of stuff to have that much hair! I'm barely 2 months pfc and have a peach fuzzy stubble that might be grey.

Three months ago I wouldn't even allow myself the luxury of worrying about permanent hair loss as I focused on getting thru chemo and preparing for surgery. Now I'm starting to focus more on my appearance and I kinda feel guilty.

Another guilt trip.

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Thanks NWArt,

I appreciate the advice:)  And you know what?  I think you're right....I need to retrain in my brain!  lol

Just an aside...I don't know if anyone here reads romance novels...BUT, when my estrogen was high and my sex drive crazy.about 3 years ago....I read as many as possible...lol.  I have a friend from Japan who came to a Romance Convention in Columbus and I went to see her there.

Most of the best selling romance writers were there, signing, talking, etc

I met many of them.

I have a theory about romance writing.  Most of those authors (best selling ones) looked to be about mid-life, maybe just getting ready to be peri or more accurately well into peri.  I've read a woman's hormones are CRAZY during or right before peri-men....so my theory is...most of the "best selling" romance on the shelves today are hormone inspired!  lol

And as if to prove my point....many, many, romance authors branch out into non-fiction genres (or try to) later in life....if they stay in romance, not many seem to do as well....

It was fun meeting the authors....but in a way it was also like looking at the wizard behind the curtain.  They were not what I expected :/

(Though they had some male cover models there too and THEY were EXACTLY what I expected.  Beautiful, cut, and most of them were gay.  ~sigh)