Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,797

Moonflower, welcome back. I know what you mean. When my husbands mother died at 80 from what was thought to be Alzheimer's but on autopsy turned out to be a disease in the Pics family with a 50% chance of each kid having it (worry), everyone was sad, but we all felt that she had already moved on. She knew no one, difficult to communicate, etc.

It is almost impossible to keep up,with these pages.

• LeeA
    LeeA Member Posts: 1,092

Welcome back, Moonflwer.  I've been thinking about you and wondering how it went.  

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

OMG these pages multiply like rabbits.--I can't keep up.

But SpecialK CONGRATULATIONS on the scan results  Always love to hear good news. Mine was fine--well questionable as was said, but I'll have more stuff in January--but as far as I'm concerned thst means fine cuz nothing came zooming out so I'm not worried. Anyway I'm more concerned about my diarrhea--just to stop it--It's almost daily now and I'm starting to get crabby--Oh yes I would make a good speaker for being thankful for this--I loe spending so much time on a toilet and feeling wiped out all the time. And even better when I do go out I can go a any ien time in public. Yes I will speak for cancer, boy will I speak for it.

• MsTori
    MsTori Member Posts: 298

SpecialK- congrats on the clear scan! :-)

Cami- I'm way behind on the boards too. As usual. :-/ Just can't keep up.

Jenn- I was thinking of Effexor and mentioning it to MO tomorrow. Good info, thanks for passing it along. I will mentioning the Remifemin, and get the okay to try it. I was hesitant on the Effexor anyway, healing its hard to come off of later and all.

Moon- welcome back and my condolences. It's always difficult, but especially during the Holidays.

Fluff- Happy belated Birthday!

Chemo #4 tomorrow. Meh! Going to get labs drawn this morning. Then PT appointment. Need to keep my mind off the yucky chemo.

• camillegal

Moon I'm sorry for all hat's been happening--I missed saying that before- It's difficult time for u and u'r famiky.

• rozem
    rozem Member Posts: 749

cami glad the scans were fine, i hope the D resolves itself.  Such a shitty problem (pun intended).  I have IBS also known as the "i don't know whats wrong with you so thats what we will call it" syndrome.  When i was working i would have panic attacks if i wasn't near a toilet at all times

moon condolences.    I know its always sad when you lose someone, 90yrs old, a blessing to reach that ripe old age

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,257

Thanks to all for the happy scan congrats!  Say the MO today and was moved from quarterly appointments to every 6 months - feels like I graduated!  He wants me to keep my port for another year and I am OK with that.  I go tomorrow for the fat grafting surgery - I am a little nervous but kind of excited to have all that menopausal fat sucked out, lol!

mstori - sending you good tx karma for tomorrow, 2/3 of the way through is huge - I finally felt like I was on the downhill side of it at that point.

camillegal - have you had a consult with a gastroenterologist yet about the Big D?  The sugar tracer is working its way through from the PET scan and I have been back on the D train - it made me think of you!

• chachamom
    chachamom Member Posts: 410

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY FLUFFQUEEN!!!!!

" The only thing I could possibly talk about is that looking back, my fears were greater than my reality, my friends were more loyal than I anticipated, I could still laugh, and I can still be an active contributor to the world." - love it!

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

Cammi, have you talked to the onc about the D? I had to get Diphen something atropine (sorry don't have it nearby) to stop it. It worked if I took it. I sometimes took it if I needed to be somewhere, and couldn't chance an incident. And I had incidents, like, I went with a friend to eat lunch and drop her off at the dentist. I no sooner got out of the car, the it hit. Real ugly. I told her to go in and eat. Crawled baCk in the car, went home, cleaned the car seat, took a shower and got back to the restaurant (after taking my pills) in time to get her to her appt. I felt so humiliated. I then took the pills if I was going out. But of course, you don't want to do that all the time. IT SUCKS!. It's like throwing up,you cant help it, it just comes shooting out. Even if you wear diapers, and I did, its still a mess. I never traveled without a change if clothing. I still have it in the car. Just know you are not alone and you will get through this. But ask for better meds than immodium. I took the maximum of that and it didnt do shit! Pun intended! LOL

Specialk, I missed your good scan, so congrats a bit late. I love happy news!

• dechi
    dechi Member Posts: 110

I've been deported!  YEAH!! Smile

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,257

dechi - yay!

fluff - happy late b-day!

• moonflwr912

Decchi, yay for port removal!  Fluff, happy belated! 

• bren58
    bren58 Member Posts: 688

dechi - Congrats on your "deportation"!

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Woohoo Dechi!

• LeeA
    LeeA Member Posts: 1,092

Fluffqueen, in my dazed and confused state last night I missed your birthday mention. Yesterday afternoon was Herceptin #1 and I came home and took a long and very sound nap.  So, happy belated birthday!  

And congratulations on being port-free, Dechi!

Also, good luck tomorrow, MsTori.

p.s. Great photo, Bren58! 

-

Dx 10/9/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIb, Grade 3, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+Surgery 11/07/2012 Mastectomy (Left); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Right)Surgery 11/07/2012 Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Surgery 12/07/2012 Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Right)

• bren58

Thanks Lee. Just had a neighbor come and buzz my head, so it will be a while until I look like that again! Hope your infection has cleared up.

• beckstar18
    beckstar18 Member Posts: 97

Bren, good to put a face with a name! :)  Hope you're feeling well!

• rozem

ok tried to post a pic but its TINY thats a shot of me and my oldest on our carribean cruise where i found the lump -yes i found the lump on vacation how much does that suck!!!!!  will look for a closer up shot

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,797

Thanks for the birthday wishes! It was a great day. Just up to the usual holiday madness. Daughter comes home from Thailand next Friday, so I am trying to make sure everything is in shape and ready to go so I can just loaf with her for a coulple weeks.

• rozem

fluff - sorry missed that  HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!

• TonLee

Happy Belated Fluff!

Ok.  I broke down and made an appt for Monday.  The pain is the same (burning bone) and making me mean.  (ok, er!  lol)

Now I'm concerned because it seems to be accompanied by extreme fatgiue and lack of appetite/nausea.  I didn't realize this lack of appetite until I looked at my food log, and with my workout schedule, I should be STARVING!  But I'm not even interested!  That is so NOT me.

Of course I don't know if any of this has anything to do with the pain in my spine/hip area.....guess we'll see on Monday! 

• bren58

TonLee I am so sorry you are not feeling well. I hope they can find easy answers for you on Monday. Maybe it is something simple with an easy solution. We can always hope for the best :)

• eileenohio
    eileenohio Member Posts: 268

TonLee... I pray" Oh DEAR GOD please let this be something that is easily resolved. " You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love to you and your family,try to enjoy the weekend.  Eileen

• Kelloggs
    Kelloggs Member Posts: 303

Dechi - congrats on being deported!! Another milestone reached!

Fluff - Happy Belated Birthday...12/12 is supposed to be lucky!

Tonlee - Glad you made that appointment and I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's nothing.  Keep us posted!

This thread moves so fast I can't keep up most days. 

• arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

Dechi - hooray for deporting!

Happy belated Fluff.

We are all thinking of you TonLee.  We all go to that dark place in our minds.  Keep us posted.

• moonflwr912

TonLee, hope it is something easily corrected. Have you had blood tests? Is your potassium or magnesium low, that could add to it.

Rozem, start real slow. My PT keeps reminding me baby steps. And she is right. A day down puts you back so far, its not worth hurting yourself. Ask me how I know this.....LOL much love

• TonLee

Moon,

I haven't had anything but a couple breast exams since I finished Herceptin last Sept.  I'm sure they did blood work with my Ooph and reconstruction this year tho...not sure what they check for.

I'm going to ask for a blood test to check for calcium.  I just read that bone mets will often elevate calcium levels in the blood.  And that bone mets often gets "better" (not as much pain) with exercise and movement.  ha.  During my workouts I haven't felt it to much.

I'm really hoping, like Omaz says, that  I'm just more easily injured now and injured it doing squats with the bar last time.  Or it could  be arthritis.  Though neither explain the nausea and fatigue.

I wear a Bodymedia bluetooth armband 24/7.  Last night it showed my sleep efficiency at 98%.  Now I haven't slept well all week, so maybe I was just catching up....but anything over a 95% is considered abnormal.  Again, high calcium levels in the blood can cause fatigue, even coma. 

I don't want to blow this up bigger than I already have...lol... but I've never had a PET.  I could have had bone mets from the get go.  4 lymph nodes positive, LVI, there was no question that it traveled in the blood and lymph system.  My tumor had set up its own blood supply!!  But in my situation "policy" trumped PET.  Period.

Of all places to hurt, the lower spine and hips!  Ugh.  I have mental images of picking up a weighted bar, or being on the Smith Machine, going down into a squat, and my spine fractures.

Needless to say...I'm not lifting anything heavier than 20lbs in each hand until I get this checked out.

Whew.

That was quite a lot more info than I originally planned to share!

• camillegal

D--Congrats on the Deport.

Monn I have had it for 5 yrs. on and off mostly on now--2 hospitals with hospital stays tests galore--I don't tak immodium, I take a script and the highest amoung I can take--I've ad tests galore and all he Drs. ot involved--then I moved started with a new hospital and new drs. same thing in the hospital for a week at a time--tests certain foods nothing mattered it's there without any warning and it's ettin more often.

They can't find out why. and I end up havin my electrolytes all scred up bad and my heart gets involved.And I knocks the hell out of me so thanks for the thought but so far I've baffled every Dr. I've seen. One of thes day I' going to meet a dr. that will find the simplest reason and stop it. But I'm waiting. LOL

• dancetrancer
    dancetrancer Member Posts: 2,461

TonLee - thinking of you - can't wait til you get this resolved as we all know waiting and wondering is the worst! 

• TonLee

OMg.

Thoughts and prayers out to the families of the dead in CT today.

Those poor babies.