Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• suzieq60
    suzieq60 Member Posts: 1,422

Tonya - so glad you are OK. After you get over the kidney infection, it might be an idea to see a physio and get some treatment on your back. My guy keeps me walking around. Regular special exercises can be good for it too.

• eileenohio
    eileenohio Member Posts: 268

TonLee ,   Thank God!!!    What wonderful news... This makes for a Very Merry Christmas.. 

• Bryona
    Bryona Member Posts: 28

TonLee, that's great news! And hooray for not having to wait; what a blessing. I have lots of degeneration in my cervical spine, and I agree with suzieq60: physical therapy is where it's at. I hope the meds help with that infection.

LeeA, I'm sorry you're having a tough time. I'm gonna say that I'm a big fan of being an ostrich if it means not worrying about things you can't change by worrying. When do you begin chemo, and what's your regimen?

• rozem
    rozem Member Posts: 749

i am breathing a huge sigh of relief for you tonlee!!!!!!!! so happy.  Your post actually made me feel better about my lower back pain...I am wondering if its bone degeneration aswell.  I am having a lot of issues, and of course i am blaming this lat flap procedure because it takes a piece of muscle from your back.  My PS tells me the other muscles compensate but i am not believing him.  I wonder if the combo of both the surgery and tamox is making the problem worse.  Right now im obsessing on what if i survive the stupid cancer and left with chronic back pain. 

• LeeA
    LeeA Member Posts: 1,092

Bryona, I've actually been in a pretty good frame of mind throughout this.  I've definitely gotten stressed out at a few junctures along the way but I've managed to keep what I call the dark cloud (or my particular dark cloud) at bay until this past Thursday (12/20).  

I always get kind of weird around the holidays so I'm thinking that's what's going on - plus, I have to have a scan this Thursday and I wasn't thinking that would be happening prior to chemo. 

If this feeling persists after the holidays I will make an appointment with my psychiatrist, who I haven't even seen since being diagnosed.  

---

Re: spine - a year ago I was going to the chiropractor 3x a week but the one thing (only thing?) that's consistenly helped my discomfort is curcumine with bioperine.  I didn't even start taking it for my hip/lower back pain but it ended up being a very surprising side-effect/benefit.  

• cypher
    cypher Member Posts: 447

TonLee, hallelujah!!!! I am SO relieved and happy for you.  Yeah, the other stuff isn't fabulous but you'll get over the kidney thing and there are lots of things you can do for the back problems, including exercises, which of course you are a big fan of.  But sure beats the heck out of bone mets!!!!  Whew, what a relief!

Rhonda, I haven't checked the cold caps page in awhile but I hope you're going to that page and getting advice over there.  I wouldn't place too much weight on what your onc says about the cold caps, not very many people have used them and typically people think they don't work.  My onc said he didn't think it would work but he had no objection to my doing it, as long as it was on my dime.  It worked and I think they were all surprised (though they avoid commenting on it for some reason).   One person helping you can do it, but if I were you I would spring for a cold cap helper (if you can find one) at least for hte first time.  It's kind of tricky and this way you can see it once.  If there isn't anyone up there, it might be worthwhile to see if you can watch someone else (with their permission).  A hassle, I know.  That being said, it SEEMED tricky, but I didn't actually do any of it or see exactly waht they did. 

LeeA, at the risk of being a pest, I would again urge you to go see Dr. Hardy -- it takes awhile to get an appointment with her so don't wait to the last minute.  My chemo experience wasn't too awful, as these things go, and I attribute a lot of that to all the advice I got from Dr. H.  It's worth the drive to UCLA (I know, easy for me to say....)

• Iamstronger
    Iamstronger Member Posts: 102

TonLee-Merry Christmas!!

I don't post often, but read frequently and you were in my thoughts and prayers.  So So happy for you!  Sorry about the kidney infection, but man what a gift to get the "no mets" result. Now, you can relax and enjoy.

V

• sunflower71
    sunflower71 Member Posts: 53

Hooray Tonlee! Merry Christmas indeed!!

• melster
    melster Member Posts: 46

Thank GOD, Tonlee. So thrilled to hear this news!

• cgesq
    cgesq Member Posts: 183

Tonlee,

I share everyone's good wishes.  Thank God it wasn't mets.  What a wonderful holiday gift!

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate the holiday!!!

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 782

TonLee, what a relief!  I'm so happy to hear its not mets.  Merry Christmas.

Lizzie

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

Bryona I too was more worried about hormone treatment than chemo. Chemo was only for 3+ months but hormonals 5 years! I don't think I've done anything for more than 5 years except being married (18+) and living in my current condo (10 years). But all you have to do is try. If it's that bad they can try others or you can even quit it. I too never felt sick.

TonLee I feel so stupid. Yes lower back pain can be related to kidney issues. I don't know why I didn't remember that! So glad its not mets. No go and celebrate!!!

• arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

OMG TonLee.  I am beyond ecstatic for you.  Now clear up that kidney infection so you can feel good again soon but I'm sure the relief of hearing NO METS is enough to almost have you dancing.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

• dancetrancer
    dancetrancer Member Posts: 2,461

TonLee - so, so relieved and happy for you!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

TonLee so happy for u--no mets   GREAT--I know the kidney infection is not pleasant, but mentally u know it will go away. Good for u.

And Welcome Bryona this is a wonderful group of women who are very knowledgeable as u can see (not me) It's a great group and u sound like u'r doing well- Good for u.

• powermom
    powermom Member Posts: 66

TonLee - You must be so relieved!  Happy, happy, happy for you!  Merry Christmas.

• chachamom
    chachamom Member Posts: 410

YEAH !!! Tonlee!! Thank God!!! What a wonderful Christmas blessing!

• sherry67
    sherry67 Member Posts: 370

TonLee,

Congrats to you and have a Merry Christmas....

• ang7894
    ang7894 Member Posts: 427

Yay TonLee====  Great news....

Happy Holiday to all of you.

• ashla
    ashla Member Posts: 1,566

Facebook wisdom with a bit of poetic license...

" You know you 've had cancer( grown up ) when none of the things you want for Christmas can be bought in a store".

• nickythebean
    nickythebean Member Posts: 25

Great news TonLee!! God is so good!! Now you can enjoy Christmas with a huge burden off your mind!!

Ok ladies - it seems I either have the stomach flu or food poisoning. I have been puking with the big D since yesterday. Stomach cramps, gurgling stomach noises. No fever though. I am day 7-8 post my FEC chemo, so I know I'm pretty susceptible to infection. With the lack of fever, though, I'm confused. My thought at this point is to wait it out and see if a fever develops, since you can't really be sick without a fever, right?!? Any words of advice? I am procrastinating because Santa comes tonight for my 5 still-believing children, and the thought of being in a hospital and missing that puts me over the edge. :(

• lago

Yes you can be sick without fever. You can also become seriously dehydrated and your electrolites can get screwed up if you keep puking and big D. Call/page your onc before Christmas officially starts. It won't be fun to deal with this tonight or tomorrow if there is a problem… and if you need meds you can get it easier today.

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061

Nicky - call onco but also send someone to get you some pedialyte for the electrolites etc you are losing.

Ton - xcellent news!! 

Wanted to wish everyone a very very Special Holiday!!!  And a New Year full of Wonderful Surprises!!!

• camillegal

Nicky u don't always need to have a feer to be sick--altho when u'r that sick I think it deserves a fever. Like was said call u'r Onc, right away and don't dehydrate--Just take care of u'rself today with Dr. and meds if u need them or over the counter stuff.-Nicky just do the best u can.

Wishing all a very Merry and safe Christmas

• Fitz33
    Fitz33 Member Posts: 123

I'm not on this board much but TonLee, I've been following your recent scare and I'm so thrilled for you.  I keep checking in to see if you've heard anything and now can have a Merry Christmas after all.  I know a kidney infection is bothersome but you'll get over that in time.  The big news "No Mets" is fantastic!! 

Nicky, you don't need much of a fever, 100.5 is the cutoff so do watch that closely.  Mine spiked way about that without my even realizing it at the time.  Do page your doctor NOW.  Some Rite Aids pharmacies will be open Christmas Day in case you need something. 

• camillegal

Merry Christmas Eve!!

• lago

My onc's cut off was 101 but most are 100.5… but you don't need a temperature to have major issues.

• Fitz33
    Fitz33 Member Posts: 123

I didn't mean to imply that Nicky needed a fever but it should always be watched.  Right now, Nicky, you need to page your doctor to get some stomach medicine and let your MO know what's going on.  If you have any Gatorade in the house you can take that to help with the loss of electrolytes.  I had a hard time drinking anything but would sip.  Your MO will know the right thing for you but don't wait for it to get anymore serious.  Take it from me, you can wait too long which is what I did.  That's when things can get worse.  I wish I had called earlier and saved myself some trouble.  I hope your kids enjoy Santa with their Mom feeling alright right by them. 

• MsTori
    MsTori Member Posts: 298

TonLee- congrats! No mets! Truly a wonderful Christmas gift. :-)

I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. This has been the most difficult year I have ever lived, and you all have seen me through it, held my hand (literally), and guided my steps. I want to say thank you, and that doesn't seem to be enough.

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

I came on to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and found all your responses to the no mets news.

THANK YOU!

What a wonderful gift you've given me to take the time to wish me well, and a big WHEW!

Anyway, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!  I pray 2013 is the happiest and healthiest for us ALL!

MUAH!