Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

Nicky, I hope you took everyone's advice. I ended up in the hospital because of piling and big D at 9 days after tx. I hope you got pedialyte or something. Good luck.

TonLee! So happy for you, no mets. Sorry about the kidney infection, but I bet some of the pain went away as soon as you heard. Merry Christmas.

To all, Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays. Much love.

• Pbrain
    Pbrain Member Posts: 773

Ton Lee, I am so, so happy for you!!  Merry Christmas you guys!!!  I hope everyone feels good and feels loved!!  :-)

• Pbrain
    Pbrain Member Posts: 773

Nicky, my cancer center told me to call them next time I'm about where you are.  They said they can do hydration and anti-nausea meds that would have kept me out of the hospital.  Maybe call and wander over for a short hydration?  They said once you get as sick as I did, there isn't much they can do but admit you.

• LeeA
    LeeA Member Posts: 1,092

MsTori - I was thinking of you earlier this evening and wondering how you were doing.  Best wishes to you as well - for Christmas and 2013 (and beyond).  

And the same well wishes for the holidays and beyond to everyone else!  

Also, Nicky, I hope by now you're feeling better!

• Rhonda2
    Rhonda2 Member Posts: 99

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

• bren58
    bren58 Member Posts: 688

Merry Christmas to all of you wonderful bc sisters! I appreciate all of your humor, insights, wisdom and encouragement! I hope you all have an enjoyable day!

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

I haven't been around for awhile, but wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! And I knew nothing of your scare TonLee, but I am so happy it was not cancer. That's the best Christmas present.

• eileenohio
    eileenohio Member Posts: 268

Merry Christmas everyone, may 2013 be filled with Health and Happiness.  Thanks to all you wonderful ladies for your help and support .  Enjoy your family and friends.  

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,257

Sending out holiday wishes to all!

• arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

Merry Christmas Everyone or Happy Holidays!  It's been a great year here with everyone.

May 2013 bring much happiness and great success to those seeking treatments/vaccines for this and the many other cancers that strike.

• rozem
    rozem Member Posts: 749

hi guys  Merry Christmas! 

i got an unexpected gift today...my period, full blown, first one in 14 months   now what?

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

Rozem thats why you're on Tamoxifen and not on an AI. Be sure to get it checked out though to be sure that's all it is and not some Tamox SE.  How old are you BTW? This might not be terrible. I mean I know I would be really upset if I went through menopause super early given my osteopenia status. (Chemo pause only pushed it up a couple of years.) Also better for your heart. Your onc should be able to tell you more and if an ooph is really needed. You might be the 10 year tamox plan depending on what future studies show.

• lago

This is a repost but I need to share it with you folks too:

Just wanted to wish Merry Christmas to all that are celebrating (repeats from facebook postings:
    1 of my fav Christmas songs: linky
    Funny Christmas song: linky

http://www.freemake.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Christmas-funny-greeting.gif

And Happy Chinese & a movie to "the members of the tribe" Tongue Out:
    linky 

http://philadelphia.foobooz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/JewishChristmas_2010-333x400.gif

And a Happy Festivus for the rest of us.

http://top-10-list.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Festivus-Day.jpg

• lago

and one more: linky 

• rozem

thanks lago...i remember she said she would use lupron if my periods come back but i know some oncs don't even do that.  I knew something was up, my hot flashes have disappeared in the last few months so i thought maybe the evil ovaries were up to no good.  I have cramps just like a teenager today uggghh nice christmas!  im 44 (today!) so yes maybe its not so bad but im 95% er positive so that worries me.  We never get a break from cancer its seems

• lago

But you'll be well into menopause when you finish. You won't need luprin if you're on Tamoxifen. If you change to an AI before menopause then you'll need luprin. Don't assume ooph. Seems more oncs do luprin than ooph. I think it might also depend on your age. Seems younger might get recommendation of ooph but I really don't know a lot about this. Some oncs don't support removing ovaries unless you are BRCA+ or some other issue related to the ovaries being a problem. Keep us posted.

• bren58

Thanks lago for the ooph info as it relates to BRCA. I was thinking about having an ooph, but I guess I will wait until I have the BRCA test done in January to make that decision. My gyn is suggesting the ooph and I am post menopausal, but I will have to wait until after chemo anyway.

• lago

Bren you have a good chance of being BRCA-.

• moonflwr912

A Happy Christmas, and to All a good nite!

• bren58

Lago - I hope that is the case. I would hate to think that I may pass this onto my daughter. My maternal GM had BC in her 70's and a recurrance 20 years later in her 90's, so there is some family history there.

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,797

Tonlee...so happy for you.

Nicki...hope things are better. Good advice from others.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with family and friends. Two and counting since diagnosis for me.

SNOW DAY! We have a blizzard in Indianapolis. I am hunkered down watching the wind and snow!

• beckstar18
    beckstar18 Member Posts: 97

Bren, I thought for sure I'd be BRCA+.

My grandma and aunt both had BC, my grandma had ovarian CA and I had melanoma when I was 20 (both of those are also relate to BRCA). I came back negative! My MO said only 5% of BC are BRCA+.

• rozem

Hi guys. Typing this from the hospital. I got my period yesterday(merry christmas to me) I've had very heavy bleeding all nite...soaking a pad per hour. WTH is going on??? Is this normal. Stil waiting to be seen. I am tempted to leave but this is not letting up

• moonflwr912

Aw, Rozem, I cant help - was menopausal when I was dx.  but during peri meno I would bleed like crazy with clots that were huge.  Mayabe its something like that. but stay and get looked at!  Much love.  Praying for you

• ashla
    ashla Member Posts: 1,566

Rozem...

Don't leave. Could be your blood counts which have had quite a ride this year. Keep us posted.

• LeeA
    LeeA Member Posts: 1,092

I agree with ashla and Moonflwer - DON'T LEAVE!

Several years ago (back in the days when I was still menstruating) I started getting very heavy periods and it turned out I had a uterine fibroid.  I ran across the photo of it not long ago.  Anyway, after it was removed the excessive bleeding came to a stop.  

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Roze,

My periods came back too while on Tamoxifen.  I had an Ooph, at 43.  Anyway, the Tamox can make the periods much heavier for some women.  They did for me as well.  If you are having really heavy periods it may be because the lining of your uterus has thickened, and when it sheds, holy moses!  It's a mess.

My first period after chemo lasted 12 days, and I can't even begin to tell you how gross it was...I couldn't leave the house.  The ones after were only about 7 days but very heavy.  OncOB said it was the Tamox.  Just one more nail in the coffin for my ovaries.

• Rhonda2
    Rhonda2 Member Posts: 99

Rozem...

I agree with everyone else. Stay put and get help! I'm not looking forward to this happening to me, but I'm afraid it might. I am still having cycles that are a mess, but are currently short lived when active. I wish you a speedy recovery.

• shore1
    shore1 Member Posts: 591

Rozem, im sorry you're dealing with this! Let us know what docs say.

TonLee & anyone who got period back after chemo, how long after last chemo was it? Is there a certain general time where it'll happen if it does? I was 41 at dx and am almost 43 now. Also, I wonder if some chemo cocktails make it less likely to get a period.

• cypher
    cypher Member Posts: 447

Rozem, hope you've found something out by now, but i just wanted to chime in that my first thought was fibroids (a benign but annoying condition).  Probably it's either that or fibroids.  I just say that because I know how easy it is to think it's something scary but ... scary as it might seem to be gushing blood down there, it's probably not ... anything scary.

Ok keep us posted!