Comments

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

welcome Tamara

Beautiful name...

Has anyone found the cure guy while my eyes were closed

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

Thanks Tamara! He's a sweetheart. I have another very old dog (rat terrier) and a big fat cat.

lol Alyson.

Still on the lookout for the cure guy.

• Tam_
    Tam_ Member Posts: 67

I have a chunky monkey cat too! Love em!

Thank you for the compliment on my name FireKracker! Could you please forward that to my Cousins who insist on calling me Tammy?!.... btw it was my Moms second choice, her first choice was Tara, but she had already named the dog Tara!

Come on, by now you all have gotten the memo! Go Vegan and your cancer will vanish! The only actual upsides to a vegan diet, OREO cookies are vegan and semen isn't! Sorry guys!!!

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

Hey Tamara, my mom's name was Cosma, sort of close to the flower and she named me Iris and my sister Fern~~~so she liked flowers.

we did also have a cat named buttercup

so we were a tad . .unique on names In my house

• Tam_

I have a cat named Focker. I knew very quickly I was going to be yelling her name a lot. My neighbors must all think I have turrets!  My Cousins name when she visited was "Megan, not the dog" as we had a dog named Megan. I actually like the flower names, I think their lovely... except perhaps "Bleeding Hearts or Snapdragon"

Don't tell your sister, but I think you won! Iris is one of my favorite flowers =)

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

thanks, we used to complain about our names and mom would say, she could have named us Rose and Petunia~~~we fought over the Rose name!

now I like it, hope you like your name as well!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

UR name is unusual

I do no someone with that name

And

She does call herself Tammy..

Iris,,,that name sooo fits U...

Actually some old friend of mine called me flower when I was much younger...their entire family call me the flower...it fit me then but I grew into the firekracker.....Grannydukes is also a name from the past...once in a while my GS calls me it....he gave me the name

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

I almost named my daughter Tamara instead of Tammy - But DH was more logical. He said if we name her Tamara we will probably only call her that when she is in trouble and call her Tammy all the rest of the time. So........ Let's just name her Tammy.

• Tam_

Oh yes GmaFoley, your DH was right!  When I was a kid and I heard Tamara Ann..... I ran for the hills! lol Eventually, I heard it often enough I began to like it =)

• SlowDeepBreaths

Focker.....hahahahaha. What a funny name!!

I love the flower names - I think they are pretty.

Much better than what I was named - Betty.

How many babies do you know named Betty? I was named after my old Aunt. I never did like the name.

• SlowDeepBreaths
  • glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833

hahahah, great cartoon!!

• SlowDeepBreaths

Funny for the day:

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,716

lol

• gmafoley

• Tam_

Hey SlowDeepBreaths! Don't you remember being called a "Betty" or "Barney" means you are hot!

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahaha Tamara!!

If only I had known!!

Life could have been so DIFFERENT.

• gmafoley

I think I might have a new traditional turkey Loopy.. Rice Krispy Treat turkey stuffed with m&m's ..

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275

Gma, I like that idea! With chemo, the only thing that tastes good is sweet things. And it takes less time to make than traditional turkey and stuffing!

• Tam_

Ha Ha Gma! Rice krispy treat turkey would be safer than a real turkey! 2 hours and counting to the clip show "When Turkeys Attack"  I know it's wrong, but I am sooo excited about that show! Animals kicking stupid human butts and goats yelling crack me up every time!

• m0mmyof3

lol

• SlowDeepBreaths

Now that's my kind of turkey!

The only thing that tasted good to me while on chemo was chips and salsa.

Tamara, I'll have to see if I get that show here. I saw it advertised, but not sure if I can get it on Direct.

• Tam_

For me, when on chemo, I should have turned into a watermelon with all the watermelon I ate.... and frozen red grapes!

• SlowDeepBreaths

Hope you all have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hugs to All!!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
  • gmafoley

• gmafoley

• m0mmyof3

lol

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahaha GMA!

• scuttlers
    scuttlers Member Posts: 149

Have to share with all you cluckers. Been through several chemos, but we never forget our first, do we? Well, it was about page 40 or 50 that it was my time for the first one. Ugh, what a time. But this thread got me through. The chicken jokes were side splitting! I could hardly wait to log on and see what was coming that day to bring me a smile and a laugh. I became addicted to the chickens and the hen house, as I called us all to my DH through those hard times.

We moved home to Idaho, bought a house, and I promptly started collecting everything I could find with chickens. Pictures, dishes, towels, rugs, antiques, paintings, cast iron, salt and pepper shakers, toys, hot pads, pitchers, you name it - I've got it - with chickens on it.

My BIL and his besty stopped by one day, we were in the back yard, and they were telling us about this garage sale they had just left. "Everything, I mean EVERYTHING was chickens ..." and they were laughing hysterically! Then they stepped into my kitchen - the one with thousands of chickens - EVERYWHERE! and Carole (his besty) was speechless, red, and quite embarressed with their joking about the crazy chicken lady.

It did not end there. I designed a coop, explored city regulations and found out I could have 10 (YES, TEN) live chickens. Oh happy day. DH built it, and we brought home 9 adorable chicks. They are grown now, and giving us lots of eggs. Poppy, Penny, Pearl, Gerta, Ginger, Gina, Betsy, Bridgette, and Belle. All wonderfully friendly and tame. They cuddle, snuggle, kiss, and come running for anyone. We even put designed chickens on the fence. And of course the wind mills on the coop and the shop are chickens.

Oh me, Oh my! I now have extreme OCD - Obsessive Chicken Disorder. And it is all due to the fact that a bunch of "cluckers and the hen house" got me through that chemo ordeal. THANKS!!!!