OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

My friend had a drink at the Top of the World a week before 9/11. She was really shaken when it happened.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

He called to tell me "Mom my meeting was cancelled, I'm ok"..............he drove home to see his family in Pa., but the next day went back to help with the clean-up.......being a Carpenter, and knowing how to use   large tools helped.....he said he will never forget what he saw....he stayed for 3 days communting from Jersey (he and his crew rented a home there and stayed during the week)......he has lung problems now because in the beginning no one wore protective gear....but he has no regrets...........too close a call for me........

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

I'm done with the depression from Sept 11 th

I'm done with thinkin I have stomach cancer

I'm workin it

Gonna start talkin Chinese

I hate rice

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Had to share this - as a need for cure for stupid???? 

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,715

yep.

Here's a good one for you. In 2007, I started taking classes for my Associates Degree, because it had been over a decade they put me in a Critical Thinking class (didn't really need it). From the first day I could tell that the professor was not too tightly wrapped. She was always late showing up for class, handing back assignments she had graded and on top of it she assigned us some pretty lame projects. One of the assignments we had was we had to present an issue giving opposing viewpoints regarding the subject. I wanted to challenge myself and so I chose to discuss whether or not we should have a draft for military service. I did pretty good with mine laying out both sides of the issue. Here's where the class got pretty interesting and really confirmed that the college just pushed me into the class to make thier quota for students for that class. One of my fellow classmates, (a teenager) decided to talk about if violence in video games is causing kids to get more violent in today's society. You would think with having the internet and all the resources we have today he could find out when the very first in-home vidoe game system came out....nope! He said he couldn't find any of that information! So there I sat in class just about falling on the floor in silent laughter, when the professor asked if anyone knew that bit of information. Should have kept out of it and let him flounder on because I ended up answering the question to which he should have known the answer.

The professor looked at me with a look of shock over the whole thing, especially when I said that "Gee, I should know this because I gew up in the 80s when they were jut starting to come out. Otherwise you had to go to an arcade to play video games!" The kid looked at me and said "What's an arcade?" I told him to look it up!

• FireKracker

U can't make that shit up

No u can't cure stupid

• m0mmyof3

So true Fire!

Things like this are just priceless and confirm my belief in we are surrounded by those who need to be cured of being stupid! 

• FireKracker

this says it all

• m0mmyof3

lol

• duckyb1

• m0mmyof3

great one ducky!

• duckyb1

LOL

• FireKracker

Hey Ducky

How did u get that pic.of my DIL?

• duckyb1

It "WOOF" not easy.....................LMAO.......

• m0mmyof3

lol

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

My DD sent me this. Too funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfGc8RkRJO0

• m0mmyof3

cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SlowDeepBreaths

Edited to add: I spent almost an hour today trying to balance my checkbook. Being blind as a bat, I had put down .65 cents instead of .55 in one of my entries. Took me forever to find it. I guess it's time to get my eyes checked. What a waste of time!

• FireKracker

I do t play with the change

I round it out to the highest

• SlowDeepBreaths

I'm far too neurotic for that. That does sound far less stressful though.

• SlowDeepBreaths

• m0mmyof3

lol

• FireKracker

• m0mmyof3

Sounds like a few people I know

• FireKracker

sounds like a lot of ppl I no too

• m0mmyof3

indeed!

• SlowDeepBreaths

• m0mmyof3

Slow,

one of my buddies from high school had that on his Facebook page this morning. Just as funny the second time around, it made me think of my Sheltie minus the toy!

• Hortense
    Hortense Member Posts: 718

Well, I know the cure for stupid has not been found because I just heard of two sisters fighting over allowing one of them to visit a third sister who is slowly dying in one of their houses. You'd think even low level morons would know enough to suspend hostilities when someone's dying. But, nooooo, they are at it hammer and tong. 

I can only shake my head.

• m0mmyof3

That is so sad! Situations like that should bring families together, not keep tearing them apart