Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

After Radiation

Options

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

No fever just yellow green goo leaking.

• gmafoley
    Options

Can't believe what I just did - 3 doc appts next week - ONC, Pain management and surgeon.. Now Which one should I change???   That isn't even taking in my LE therapy if he adds more appts.. That is a $600 week Tongue Out without the LE therapy.

• torigirl
    torigirl Member Posts: 748
    Options

Ladies...

Sorry to be MIA...Anyone else having issues logging onto BCO?  Over the last week and a half (or maybe longer) everytime I log on, it just gives me a blank, white screen..I don't know why..it's crazy!  

Finally able to log in right now to finally catch up on things...

GMA-Hope you are getting better and better each day...

I'm so glad that October is almost over with..although, I'm surprised I haven't seen as much pink as I did last year...

Love to all!

Tori

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

Welcome back Tori

ya wann see how pissed off i am with the pink shit

Go check out my fb....also check out my shirt.

Focktober....just ask me....and they do.

• walley
    walley Member Posts: 195
    Options

How is everyone doing?Have a great SundayCool

• msjag
    msjag Member Posts: 64
    Options

Haven't been here in ages, nice to see some familar faces!! Hi Grammydukes!   Heres my question, sorry if it's a repeat, I see many many pages here!  Does anyone ever get rib pain right across their chest below the breast?  I have a couple of sore spots, but once in a while I will stretch, or twist and whoa!! sharp pain that takes my breath away, sometimes in my back area, and then it goes away for days....costochondrotritis, perhaps?  My primary said to watch it a couple of weeks since its rather new, then she would ultra sound my liver, gall bladder, onc appt in a month,  blood tests, 3-D mammo was good (new machine at breast center) ...would love any opinions/input! 

GMA, hope you're healing and feeling better.

• gmafoley
    Options

I'm hanging in there. Still have a small open wound. I have rib pain all the time. I am going to address it with my docs this week, all three of them. Mine is mainly sternum, upper ribs, but do ache in the lower ribs. They always tell me costochondititis when they have no clue. I don't like that word, it's a catch-all. Tsjag, hope they figure it out, and let me know.

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    Options

Gma - Good luck at the appointments this week.  Are you taking anyone with you?

• gmafoley
    Options

Omaz, unfortunately, I'm on my own. DH has his own stuff going on. I will deal.

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    Options

wish i could help GraFoley - but i'm 280 m away....  but if i go down to eugene to visit my sister next summer, i'll hollar at you for sure.

Martha

• gmafoley
    Options

Granny - praying you are on safe ground! Here you go again!! Love you..

Anyone else here on the east coast - Praying for you all too!!!

• walley
    Options

grannydukes,,,,,,,,,,are you okay?

• FireKracker
    Options

im alive...thanks GMAF.for starting the thread lookin for me.

it was rough to say the least but thank GOD no one in my family got hurt altho they were all in the line of fire.

Please continue to pray for everyone involved...over 1 million people in NJ is still without power.

LI is a total mess along with staten island,new york,brooklyn too.I cannot get throu to my brother in li.

cell is dead,my bldg has a generator but it only works in the hall.WTF.

devistation is a mild word.

end of rant.

dont know how long this puter will hold up.

its been a long week.

• walley
    Options

Grannydukes,glad to hear you are okay....will pray for all the east coast.Thanks

for letting us know how you are doing:)

• susanella
    susanella Member Posts: 18
    Options

QUESTION:  I finished dense dose chemo in March and finished 25 rads for right breast lumpectomy followed by 5 boosts.  My underarm hair never grew back on the right side where I got the rads, which I understand.  What I don't understand is why my underarm hair never grew back on the left side.  I thought the rads were supposed to be very localized.  Is this normal?  Did it happen to anyone else?  Thanks.

• gmafoley
    Options

Rads is localized but I think your chemo can have something to do with it - the combination of both rads and chemo has a bitter toll on your whole body ... I didn't have chemo but I understand it can cause hair loss in different places... Enjoy the underarm hairloss while its gone Smile Mine, a year and a half after rads is now growing back.

• Cindyl
    Cindyl Member Posts: 498
    Options

I didn't have chemo, but after rads, Tamoxifien, t. al., the hair is much less all over my body.  I've always been a hairy little creature, but not so much now.  It's one of the few true positives IMHO.  If the hair on my head would just stop breaking and shedding.

• ro-berta
    ro-berta Member Posts: 21
    Options

Hi ladies, I,ve been debating wether to post or not. I,m in a bit of a quandry. I will try andd keep this short hahaha I am 2  and 1/2 mths post rads. My boob seems to heal ( skin) then gets all nasty again,like the areola turns dark and peals the nipple looks almost black then peels this has happened at least 3x,s generally breast itchy and skin very dry I do cream it. Also the pain in boob is always there and will wake me up at night. B.S has not given O.K to go back to work and wants to wait another 3mths before I get my first post mammo due to pain .  The pain extend naturally to the armpit ect. Is anyone else having a funky time after rads????   Thanx for any info

roberta

• gmafoley
    Options

Yes, ro-berta,  I had alot of sensitivity with soaps and laundry detergents.. I don't have a nipple, it was in the margin but be really aware of what creams you are using so you know what might be causing it..

But as far as pain.... I ended up with nerve pain - went to a pain management doc and found out that nerve pain takes a long time to heal and i actually asked him how long - down side is at least 2 years unless you are one of the lucky ones.  

Give your body time to heal, do your stretches and walking is good if breast lets you tolerate it... Eat lots of protein and drink plenty of water... You are not alone in this, believe me...

• ro-berta
    ro-berta Member Posts: 21
    Options

OH thanx Gma Foley I was starting to get pissed off at myself! I do the mild stretches and walking is about the only thing I can tolerate. I just get so frustrated . The cream that I am using is the glaxol I used during rads. I,m trying to ignore the pain but that didn,t help hahaha, I can,t pick up my grandson yet ( he,s 9 mths) Well you know you are there. I just can,t believe how limiting it is and the fatigue that comes with it. Now I have to stand my own company for another three mths at least hahaha. I didn,t want to post as I know rads can be a scary thing especially for the new ladies. Well I guess women were made tougher then men for a reason hahaha.

roberta

• Ulightup
    Ulightup Member Posts: 10
    Options

Hi.

I'm new to this thread. Just wondering if anyone else has a warm breast 2 months post radiation?

Thanks!

• BlueLily
    BlueLily Member Posts: 24
    Options

Hi Ulightup -- sorry to meet you here .... (I am post rads 15 months)  Yes, I had a warm breast for many months.  In fact I still have a dark square "tan".  Shooting nerve pain is much less frequent ... in fact it will catch me by surprise now, as I'm not used to it.  I've tossed all creams with harsh chems and use Kiss My Face, Tom's, and bio-oil ... I had a seroma removed a few weeks ago & was told to ease up on the massaging ... due to sensitivity.

• Ulightup
    Ulightup Member Posts: 10
    Options

Blue lily

Thanks! Yes I too have a square tan. Just curious if you had expanders in during radiation and if they placed a wet towel during treatment. When did the seroma appear and how did you detect it?

Thanks again!

• omaz
    Options

gma - Is it healing up good now?

• gmafoley
    Options

Omaz - still having trouble - surgeon cauterized it again last thursday - been getting yellow goo again but no redness on the breast... not sure if that still counts as another infection or not.. waiting for a msg from BS I have antibiotics if he wants me to start them - still in pain and not a happy camper - positive note: the hole is smaller... and I am alive... guess that counts for something... its just a day to day thing.

• omaz
    Options

((((Gma))))

• gmafoley
    Options

Having surgery to take out the seroma and any leftover scar tissue on Friday.

• ptdreamers
    ptdreamers Member Posts: 639
    Options

Good luck GmaFoley, I'm still just having mine aspirated for now.

• FireKracker
    Options

So we come back to life once again.

Welcome newbees.

Everything you have is the new normal...look when I started this thread and my nipple is still pealing and the pain is always there...

My onco told me the pain can be forever but it not only becomes less and less yu kinda get used to it....

When I first started this thread I thought this was the end of the road.

just do what GMa foley tells you...she is the one in my opinion not only knows it all,experienced it all....

No getting around it bc sure does suk.

Hugggs everyone k

• omaz
    Options

Best thoughts your way for tomorrow gma !