Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

After Radiation

Options

Comments

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Granny-I am doing great.  Took a trip to TN for a conference and then as soon as I returned I had to get ready for Thanksgiving at my house.  We do it the Saturday before Thanksgiving.  Then had Thanksgiving with my husbands family.  Decorated for Christmas and had surgery yesterday.  My implants were falling out of there pockets so the PS had to go back in and redo everything with more stitching to re-enforce the pockets.  Are you back home.  The storm really did a number on the NE

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

Yes Sherry I am home....was away 1 month chasing the electric trail.

Im glad your doin good.You are such a trooper.I just hope this is all over for you and you heal quick without any problems...

huggs everyone.

Please check in for the holidays.miss all of you.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

My grandson brought me a virus and shared it with everyone that came on Thanksgiving... I have sinus infection and bronchitis... wish things would just give me a break!!! 

• FireKracker
    Options

GMA F---everyone i talk to is sick....i too had bronchitis...chronic/acute when i was in pa...also had pneumonia....and the funny thing is i took the shot for pneumonia months ago and i my dr said good now you will never get pneumonia...yah right.

also i have been pushing the sistas to get the shingle shot when they finish tx.I just read on another thread that someone who had the shingle shot still got the shingles....

well that just pisses me off.

i hope you feel betta by now.

sand the shitstorm continues.

where is all my sistas???????????????????????

• walley
    walley Member Posts: 195
    Options

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!So thankful for all of youSmile

• gmafoley
    Options

Happy New Year Walley - I'm still lurking :)

• FireKracker
    Options

Happy new year Wally and GMaF...lets hope 2013 will bring us all good things...Health first and the rest follows.

Thank you for showing up on this old thread....miss all you sistas.

Over 4 thousand messages....We did good sistas.Thanks to all of you

hugs,love and kisses

grannydukes

• walley
    Options

Hi everyone!!!!Hope you are all doing fine!Cool

• gmafoley
    Options

I'm hanging in there, but cut the sugar out of my diet 3 days ago and am going through some real mean withdrawl symptoms - hopefully no one crosses my path today - or this "nice" little Grammie will surprise them. Miss chatting with you all!

• LindaKR
    LindaKR Member Posts: 1,304
    Options

Gma - is it chromium that you should take to help with sugar withdrawal - hmmmm - I should have looked it up for you first, but there is some supplement you can take to help with the sugar cravings when you cut back on sugar.  Good luck, I know you'll feel better with out that poison in your system - have you cut out white flour too?  I know they make a huge difference for me.  Take care,

Linda

• gmafoley
    Options

Linda, yes all white flour and sugar.. the main thing was the carbs were taking over my plate - now it has more veggies and protein.

• LindaKR
    LindaKR Member Posts: 1,304
    Options

That happened to me over Christmas, now I've cut waaaayyyy back on the bad stuff, and am starting to feel some better.

• FireKracker
    Options

Show me the way........sugar is killin me....been sooo bad.

• torigirl
    torigirl Member Posts: 748
    Options

Wow, I've missed out on so much!

Sounds like everyone is hanging in there though and that's what counts!

The first few weeks of this year had me sick too! First an intestinal bug, okay for about a few days, then a nasty cold from my nephews! Yuck! So glad to be feeling better though!

Hubby left on Dec 22nd.... Been one month already! Only 11 to go! But, I did find out he does get a 15 day break in the middle. So we are trying to decide where to meet! Yay!

Got our house on the market too last week. Definitely no fun when you are feeling fine, just miserable when you feel yucky. But, it's done and now we wait!

Weather has been up and down here. Nothing else exciting going on. Just excited to see you are all still posting!

Prayers are always being said by me for all of us!

Much love,

Tori

• gmafoley
    Options

Can you ladies jump into my pocket tonight - but don't be too noisy at the party - its a overnight sleep study.Wink

• FireKracker
    Options

Wow GmaF....just saw this post.Hope everything went just fine with that sleep study.

This thread is really played out to the max.

Please pm me and let me know how you made out without the pocket party.

Miss talkin to all my after rads sistas/

big huggggg

grannydukes

• walley
    Options

Gmaf sorry I missed the pocket party,please let us know how it went:)

• FireKracker
    Options

Hey Walley---nice to see ya.

I  wish everyone would check in once in a while

I miss my girls!!!!!!!!!!!

hugggggggggs

grannydukes

• gmafoley
    Options

GrannyDukes & Walley - It took me longer to get to sleep but at 1am they said I met the criteria and they got good information... we will put the CPAP on now for the rest of the night. Thank goodness I brought my own mask.. Got to sleep in until 6:15 LOL.. While checking out they told me it would be 2 weeks before I get results and use my CPAP until they talk to me.

• walley
    Options

Gmaf please let us know your results:)grannyD always look to see if any posts.I am coming up on my 2 year since

my diagnosis.I can't tell you how much all the ladies helped me get through.Thank all o fyou.Have a great weekend!

• FireKracker
    Options

Well Gmaf you are bringing my baby out in the open again.I thought we did pretty good for 3 yrs running.

I finish the 3 yr.after rads this month.Dont remember the day.dont wanna either.

Please let us know through here how you made out with that study.....remember this is AFTER RADS.lol.

Congrarts Walley....we came a long way baby.

huggs to both of you

K

GrannyD

• gmafoley
    Options

Hello again,

Long time back did we have a discussion on radiation damage traveling down to the hip on the same side?  I went to see my pain management doc after having a grand time with the grandsons, I managed to flare up my hip/bursa some how and can't hardly walk. My doc and I started talking and reminded me all my aches and pains seem to be on my right side.. the pain was so bad that he gave me a anti-inflammatory & pain shot as I can't ingest antiinflammatory meds..  But it got me wondering, if something else is going on?  I walked a little yesterday and traveled to get my new compression cami and this morning I am having horrible pain again.. I am taking muscle relaxers but doesn't seem to cut it - think I have to go back to tylenol #3s.. Any suggestions on what I can do? - Ice, stretching, resting - that is what I have been trying.

• FireKracker
    Options

Ice,rest and stretching all the time usually does the trick...tylenol#3 does work but its like a bandaide.

I find if i do too much not only is my body killin me but that arm...oh damn it hurts like hell if i do too much.

everything in moderation.

waiting to hear your other results.

take it easy and breathe...smell the roses and then blow out the candles...10x....it helps to relax the entire bod.I do it at least 2x a day.Try it....

huggs Grannydukes

• gmafoley
    Options

Hey Grannydukes, Hugs4u, Walley and Ducky - you have stuck by me through thick and thin.. I have a mild case of everything but I just can't do it anymore..  breast, nerve damage, sleep apnea and now bursitis in the hip... I'm done Just can't fight.. I know I am one of the lucky ones that survived, but a person can only take so much.... what happens happens ....

• FireKracker
    Options

OK GmaF...i too have a mild case of everything.....i hear you but dont understand....

You cannot give up...bullshit with the im done!!!!!!

I just had a son who had a failed brain surgery.14 hrs.for nuthin...nuthin.he had an aneurism and he still has it and dont know about it.

I have to go for stomach surgery if i dont im gonna have to get a colustomy(sp) the bag to poop in.

Sure somedays i wanna say enuf...but i put 1 foot in front of the other and move.is it easy?hell no its not easy but God has a plan for both of us and it doesnt include givin up...

When you reach bottom the only thing you can do is go UP.

please pm me if you feel like talkin.

PLEASE DONT SAY YOU ARE DONE.

• walley
    Options

GMAfoley.........What Grannydukes said!!!!! I know it is so hard.Just when you think everything is getting better something else pops up.Hang in there, we will be here to listen and help anyway we can!WinkJust take it one day at a time(((hugs))))

• FireKracker
    Options

Where are all the other sistas????????where? We need support and we need it now.

GmaF...I hope you heard me yesterday.....

Im goin to the dr. soon....Ill be back and i hope to find 1-some other sistas to come here for support and 2-a message from you that you heard me.......otherwise im gonna have to get busy and call in the troops one by one.

ill be back!!!!!!

• CarolynVM
    CarolynVM Member Posts: 9
    Options

Okay, GmaFoley.  We don't know one another but we share a whole lot of life.  This sense of defeat is a sickening sensation I've had also.  I think your Grammie Esther also knew that feeling.  You quote what she learned.  "Grammie Esther: Imagine God in His HUGE rocking chair, rocking you and saying, 'It will be ok,  you can do it. I will be right here for you'."  If Grammie Esther knew this, she learned it from her needs.  Your grandchildren will learn this wisdom from you just as mine will learn from me.  We can't quit on ourselves without quitting for these precious children who will someday need our strength and wisdom for themselves.  I quote my great-grandmother.  You quote your grammie.  Someone will quote us if we've lived a life worth quoting.  That's how life works.

• gmafoley
    Options

I heared just so depressed - granny i PM'd you.  Wish my docs were more understanding about the LE.. in pain and tired - don't make a good combination

• ptdreamers
    ptdreamers Member Posts: 639
    Options

GmaFoley, Granny Dukes, One day at a time, sometimes it just seems so hard. There is a very caring group of sisters here who share your miseries. Sometimes we are all having difficulties and sometimes one or two have it bad but we all know and care. Pain is so debilitating that it makes it seem hopeless but it is not.  Work on getting that under control and things will come around again. In both of your pockets. Hugs