Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

After Radiation

Options

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

I'm nervous.. Gonna be hard to sleep tonight.

Oh Oh good news ! I got a new apnea machine FREE. The company is sending it to the med supply place :-)

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

GMa...I'm in your pocket....all the way from pa....

Keep us posted.

Hugggs everyone who needs it

Grannydukes

• LindaKR
    LindaKR Member Posts: 1,304
    Options

Gma - I feel like I should come on over and hug you in person tomorrow - God Bless you and you'll be in my prayers.

• walley
    walley Member Posts: 195
    Options

Sending prayers your way GMA

• FireKracker
    Options

Thinking of you GMa...please let us know ASAP.

I'm on the broom...all gassed up....

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    Options

Thinking of you gma!

• gmafoley
    Options

Home from surgery - doc did put in a drain (with the little bulb) - didn't really have time to think about clothing... any ideas??? I'm on alot of pain meds... was kinda rough when I sat up to go potty.. Ended up with more pain meds before I got out of there... I'm in bed with laptop chilling the rest of the day..

• omaz
    Options

Glad you are safe and home gma.

• FireKracker
    Options

GMa....don't worry about clothes...wear anything that is comfortable...or just go naked....I did best with the hospital gown...

Been praying for you...

Actually been waiting for your post...

Sleep,rest,eat lots of protein and don't forget the water...

Please keep us posted...we love you!!!!!!

Hugggs grannydukes

• walley
    Options

Gma..Glad to hear you are home.Just rest.((hugs))

• LindaKR
    Options

Gma - after MX I wore big, baggy blouses, and comfy pants.  My surgeon uses a long acting steriod at the surgery site to help with the initial pain, by the time that wore off the pain was very manageable.

• gmafoley
    Options

I'm home from my son's place - long but good trip... now to empty my drain, sponge bath and a little sleep are in order..

• FireKracker
    Options

Thinking of you gmaE..prayin too.

• ptdreamers
    ptdreamers Member Posts: 639
    Options

Gma, I got aspirated again on Thursday. She was asking if I wanted to try a drain but I have reservations. I am a year out and the cavity that encapsulated will probably not respond. She said that a drain acts as negative pressure and sometimes keeping that going for a couple of weeks is good enough to keep it collapsed. She did however, state she had never done it on someone as far out as I am.

• gmafoley
    Options

Ptdreamers - I opted for taking the seroma cavity out and starting over -- the drain isn't so bad once you get used to it and this time I don't have alot of fluid so it looks like the drain will come out thursday and I will be on to healing.. This whole thing was started because of radiated scar tissue that wouldn't heal correctly so he took any fatty necrosis he saw and got fresh tissue to stitch together... I think it was worth the extra effort... Only time will tell.

• Cindyl
    Cindyl Member Posts: 498
    Options

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you GMA...

• FireKracker
    Options

gmaF where are you?????

Grannydukes is worried about you

Pleas just let us know how you are doin

Huggggs K

• gmafoley
    Options

I'm really tired, Can't seem to stay awake doing my computer job. Sleep apnea machine has not been received at the med place yet. But its a new FREE one.. I will just have to wait.

The drain is almost empty so not much fluid anymore. I do find without the pain med I have quite a bit of pain in the suture area but nothing looks infected... I see BS tomorrow to probably take the drain out and 1 week check..

My forearm and wrist are swollen from where they put the IV and BP, even after telling them to change bp to my leg... Unfortunate, when you are just too tired to fight the LE issue . Now I have to deal with the consequences.. (BTW don't know if I told you - when they were trying to get the IV in, they "burst" 2 veins - blood everywhere.. It was bad.)

Other than that, I'm doing awesome and I am only leaking into a drain now instead of all over me .. God is good and I know He is by my side.

• LindaKR
    Options

Gma - you sure sound like a glass half full girl!  Let us know how it goes with the doc tomorrow.

• gmafoley
    Options

I'm back from my BS appt.  They took out the drain - YAY - then said to call if my breast starts swelling..  oh my, forgot about the possibility of that happening. Then I showed him my wrist and arm and he now acknowledges that I DO have swelling from using BP and IV... but still says - "your nodes are ok on that side we didn't touch over there."  I went on to say, it doesn't matter where the nodes were touched, if the system is compromised it can go anywhere... I pulled up my sleeve and sees my upper arm is swollen and red too... but not warm and I don't have a fever... BS told me to watch it and my breast and call him if anything changes... He was ready to give me more antibiotics.. On the way out, I asked him when I could see my LE therapist.. He told me that anytime I want to see him, just ask because obviously I know my body better than he does Surprised... He thought it would probably be a good idea after seeing my arm/wrist.  Yay BS won't doubt me anymore Laughing.

• omaz
    Options

Gma - That's progress!

• FireKracker
    Options

gmaF..I'm sorry you had such a ruff time..and that u did

I pray for the day you say all is well

god bless you

Hugh's K

• gmafoley
    Options

LE therapist says we caught it in time and I "should" be back to normal (speaking arms) in no time... Only 6 days since surgery so the breast and under the arms are swollen too...But things are getting better, that is if I listen to the little voice that tells me not to do anything and rest....

• FireKracker
    Options

o listen to that voice...it doesn't fail you

Rest sista rest.

That's called healing!!!!!!

Now just go and do it.

Don't make grannydukes angry!!!!!!!!!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Been away gma glad everything is going Ok and you got the drain out and back to the LE therapist.  Hopefully the swelling will go down soon.

• FireKracker
    Options

sherry...missed you sista...hope by being away it was a vacation.

This thread is slowing down.hope everyone shows up to wish all the sistas a happy Thanksgiving.....

eat everything you want....we deserve it!!!!!!

Huggs grannydukes

• ptdreamers
    ptdreamers Member Posts: 639
    Options

My sentiments exactly. Hope everyone has a safe journey and Happy Thanksgiving.

• gmafoley
    Options

I am thankful for this group of ladies that have been with me through my good times and bad.. for my family that has supported me and one more day I can watch my grandchildren grow..  Thank you Ladies and have a great Thanksgiving..

happy thanksgiving

• walley
    Options

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!!!

• FireKracker
    Options

Happy thanksgiving everyone

Prayed for a cure

Prayed for sands victims

Prayed for all my sistas to be Ned forever