Not quite a horder - decluttering
Okay friends, I'm updating this info. I love the picture though so I'm leaving that!! I continue to look at a very unorganized house. My friend Zogo had an idea about a thread for decluttering and I thought why not get one started.
Feel free to share decluttering or organizational ideas or hold yourself accountable to us. We have a fun group to share with and want you to jump in! Below are a few links and info that might be helpful to get you started or to review from time to time.
Fly Lady: http://flylady.net/
Wonderland shared Jeff Campbell's Clutter Rules. Go to www.jeffcampbell.com/Rules-Clutter/ for more details on each rule.
1. When in doubt, throw it out
2. Use it or lose it
3. Efficiency counts, so store things accordingly
4. Handle something once (this is my personal favorite. Another way to state it is "Touch Paper Once")
5. Recycle it
6. Pick a number and stick with it
7. Use a file cabinet
8. Do Something (another personal favorite)
9. A place for everything, and everything in its place
10. Items displayed in the house have to pass a test
11. Don't do things "later"
12. Label things
13. Call in a professional