Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

ER-, PR-, Her2+ Roll call

Comments

• jackifp
    jackifp Member Posts: 63

Marfi - It was good to read your post about 6 yrs. out. I'm done with chemo and rads, and have Herceptin til April. I really needed to hear from someone more than a year out. thanks.

• GramE
    GramE Member Posts: 2,234

Hi everyone:

This week marks 2 years since my last Herceptin.  I am happy to be dancing with NED ( No Evidence of Disease ).   Best wishes for all.      Nancy 

PS. I did 4 dose dense AC, 12 Taxol and Herceptin, then lumpectomy, and herceptin for the rest of the year.

• mizmarie
    mizmarie Member Posts: 137

Hi Marfl,

Congrats on doing well six years out.  You give me hope on a day when it was badly needed.  Thanks, and God bless!

GramE - Likewise, it's so encouraging to hear good news.  Thank you!

• soccermom
    soccermom Member Posts: 55

Hello all- just checking in- passed my 8 year cancerversary since my diagnosis on 10/20/03. Doing well- wishing all the best to my sisters noatter where you are in your journey. Love and healing hugs to you-

• nevo84
    nevo84 Member Posts: 55

Dear Marfi and Soccermom

Thank you so much for your encouraging stories. Hope you will celebrate your 50th cancerversary.

• stlcardsfan
    stlcardsfan Member Posts: 227

Aussie-Sharon - I had my ovaries and tubes removed. Done at same time as BMX.

With the family history of BC and Ovarian Cancer - did you get genetic testing done? 

Marfi - congrats on 6+ years - that is great!

And I just have to say - GO CARDS !!!!!Laughing

• karen7
    karen7 Member Posts: 1

Hi,

I too have ER-/PR- HER2+. I was diagnosed Aug 24'11 and have had a right breast lumpectomy: tumour size 3.8cm, SN were both +, 3/19 lymph nodes with the largest being 2.2cm. I will be starting chemo on Thursday, Nov 3'11. I am Stage 3 (not sure yet if a,b,c) Grade 3 and still have to complete some tests before knowing for sure if Stage 4. I am very nervous this week until I get the results from the tests.

I would really like to know much more about ER/PR- HER2+, and if Herceptin is the wonder drug for this? Any positive stories or advice would be helpful.

• marjie
    marjie Member Posts: 365

Welcome Karen7 - sorry you have to be here, but it's a great place for information and comfort!  Sure hope you stay a stage 3, but be thankful we have Herceptin for our positive status.  I think with the positive node status you would be a "3c" but double check....it's a pretty specific formula for staging.

A year ago, I was diagnosed with a rt breast 4 cm tumour. I also had a lumpectomy and SNB but luckily my nodes were clear.  Bone scans and abdominal CT were clear as well.  I underwent chemo and radiation and am still receiving Herceptin...4 more left of 18.  My onc told me that the chemo and radiation would be zapping any wandering cancer cells, but in the long run, the Herceptin would save my life.

• stlcardsfan
    stlcardsfan Member Posts: 227
    Karen7 - Herceptin did it's thing for me as well. Over 4cm tumour, nodes clean. All other scans clean. At time of bmx - nothing left. Did a total of 17 herceptins, last one 12/15/10. Approaching 18 months PFC, hair is back and feel pretty good. Last step - the easiest one - of reconstruction is this Friday!
  • suemed8749
    suemed8749 Member Posts: 210

Cardsfan: Congratulations - on both the World Championship (what a great series!) AND almost being through with the process! Wishing you all the best on Friday (you're right - exchange surgery was the easiest step.)

Karen - Waiting for test results is always so stressful - I think the initial PET/CT was one of the hardest steps I had to take. Hoping for the best for you.

• sharont68
    sharont68 Member Posts: 6

Hello Ladies!! ER- PR- Her2+ also...3 yrs out. Only had one dose of Herceptin...it sent me into heart failure...but still HERE!!! Now if I could just lose the 30 lbs chemo put on me I'll be good!!

• Southamptonmom
    Southamptonmom Member Posts: 71

Marfl, Thank you for your encouraging words and congrats on your 6+ years!

• Aussie-Sharon
    Aussie-Sharon Member Posts: 45

Hi, yes I had the genetic testing but it was "inconclusive"

I've asked the breast nurse for a referal to the menopause clinic so hopefully they can give me some further info to further confused the hell out of me;)

• Hi ladies, sharont68, I am so sorry to hear that Herceptin is not agreeing with your body/heart function, thats just awful, and the worst fear of all us HER2+ ladies !!! but I want to tell you that there is other clinical drugs, in trial right now following Herceptin, that may be more tolerable for cardiac-function. I am 3mths into this drug trial called Neratinib (HKI-272). It maybe worth asking your Onco about getting onto the trial or one of the up-coming new study arms.

yes, the sooner you get steroids out of your system, the quicker the weight hopefully comes off, I think, Good LuckSmile

• dottie70
    dottie70 Member Posts: 14

Hi everyone,

Had a double mastectomy in 2006--four rounds AC and twelve of Taxol plus one year of Herceptin---2 positive nodes out of three. My last visit to my oncologist said the most encouraging words, " if anything were going to happen it probably would have before now"---that was music to my ears. I am doing great and life is normal.

Love and best wishes to everyone on this board. God is so good.

• Hi all

My mom has a recurrence in her right breast with 4/14 nodes affected and ER-,PR-,HER2+...and chemo with herceptin is recommended. Will begin chemo in a few weeks time after the wound from the mastectomy is healed.

hugs and keep fighting.

hope 

• deep2deep
    deep2deep Member Posts: 11

Hi! Had my double mastectomy and oophorectomy on Wed, 11/9.

Yesterday I got the call that there is NED in the LN or breast tissue!!

So I just have to heal enough to get 33rads tx done.

Planning for possible BRAVA reconstruction in 1-2 years maybe.

So grateful right now.

• mtndawn
    mtndawn Member Posts: 48

Wooohoooo, deep2deep!  You can't ask for any better response to chemo.  I'm so happy for you.

• NeedtobeSTRONG
    NeedtobeSTRONG Member Posts: 17

Hello everyone,

Please add me to the group. ER/PR - Her 2 +++.  IDC 5.1cm with 15/36 nodes positive.  just diagnosed in September.  Had a BMX on Oct. 18th and immediate DIEP reconstruction.  Started TCH on November 7th.  I am feeling well today.  woo hoo except caught a little cold from more 4 year old. no fever so I am okay.   the past 3 years I have been working FT during the day and then by night was in nursing school (4nights a week).  Graduated and got my RN lisence in July. Everything is on hold for now while I get myself better.  I am not used to being so inactive and it is frustrating to me to be so tired so easily. 

• Survivorwoman
    Survivorwoman Member Posts: 70

Hi NeedToBeStrong- welcome to the group! Congrats on your fabulous achievements! I am in similar shoes as you are. Last year, just as I finished my bachelor's and was about to start my master's got diagnosed with bc. Same here, things are on hold for now. I have slowed down a lot. Even changed jobs to alleviate some stress. Just keep strong and believe in yourself. You will pull through chemo. Give yourself time to heal. It took me about a year to calm down and to come to terms with this illness. I am certain you will be able to do the same. Tiredness is from chemo. How many more do you have? I did 6 TC and I am doing Herceptin alone now. I have another year to go, as I did not start Herceptin at the same time I did chemo. I was in a clinical trial with another targeted therapy drug called Tykerb. But I am done with that, so I am only doing Herceptin. You will get there too. At times it will be hard, but TC is doable. Stay strong. You will come throught it and you will be able to thrive after you finish treatment. Keep in touch! Best wishes to you!

• NeedtobeSTRONG
    NeedtobeSTRONG Member Posts: 17

I had my first treatment on the 7th and have 5 more than Rads and continue with Herceptin for the year.  Have you changed your diet or started working out after chemo? 

• Survivorwoman

Yes, I implemented a lot of changes. But not so much during chemo. In terms of eating: I eat whatever I would crave. Sadly, I did not crave much during chemo, so I kept eating a lot of carrot-ginger soups, oatmeal, banana and even cake. But I had diarrhea all the time, both from chemo and also from the clinical trial drug I was taking. Something important to note here: please cook everything. You have to be careful with raw foods. There might be bacteria on them, even if you peel them or wash them properly. Try to eat cooked foods whenever you can. ( I had canned peaches and pear that I liked) After chemo I also changed my diet drastically. But we'll talk about that when you get there. In terms of excersize : I did bikerides and even did yoga. But after a while chemo knocked me off my feet and it was getting harder and harder to do even the walks. I did work though, the whole time.

Anyway, you can do it, and I think you will thrive afterwards. The social support that you will get here and from your friends will help you greatly. Keep in touch.

• I second that in every-way, nicely said sw Cool
  • Survivorwoman
    Hi there KakaCathFreeSpirit - I meant to say "Hi" to you much much earlier when you joined the group. Smile
  • Hi to you back Survivorwomen thanks, much appreciated. What is the name of your flower on your profile pic, its gorgeous, looks tropical, does it grow like that or is it bunched together ? purple, a lovely spiritual colour.  

• Survivorwoman

Thanks - it is a Hyacinth and according to Wikipedia --"Hyacinths are sometimes associated with rebirth". I joined BCO around the time I started my chemo journey and somehow I kept thinking "I am being reborn"... in addition, I loved the smell of Hyacinths during chemo ( I used a lot of oils to make my day happy) ....so to make the story short ...the flower became my avatar.

• Survivorwoman

Speaking of flower and oils ....I have to use lavender right now.... I am heading to see the onc at 2pm.

• Shell-Seeker
    Shell-Seeker Member Posts: 2

Im new here and im one of the HER2+. Negative on others.

I have had a lumectomy but will have further surgery soon.

I have IDC 1.7 cm Grade3 but dont about stage yet until lymph nodes are checked.

Im kind of nervous about Herceptin.

• Survivorwoman

Welcome to the group Shell-Seeker ( great name btw). Don't be scared of Herceptin or chemo. Both are doable. I have some side-effects from Herceptin, but they are not so bad. Later I tell you more. I am running to the onc now.

• Survivorwoman

Hi Shell-Seeker: I read your bio and saw you beautiful artwork on FB. Wow! I think expressing yourself in your art will help you greatly getting through the treatment that's ahead of you. You also mentioned that you have more surgeries coming. Sometimes they can't get everything out, so the breast surgeon needs to go back again. I had a similar situation. Minutes before my MX I told my surgeon to "just go ahead and cut, cut, cut and when she thought she was done, cut more!" . She told me later on that she actually remembered my words while I was on the operating table  and as a result she removed even more breast tissue and - believe it or not - thankfully, that second excision came back with clean margins on the path report.  When is your surgery?