Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

ER-, PR-, Her2+ Roll call

Comments

• mizmarie
    mizmarie Member Posts: 137

Go Sharon!  May you remain cancer-free forever!

• Yeah sharon, party sounds fabulous, wish I could come along ! I got some more surgery on the 20th Feb, so I am now getting alittle nervy ! Great news that life is amazing for you and will continue to be so, we follow in your path, all of us stragglers behind you in time laps, Take Care and enjoySmile
  • Alicethecat
    Alicethecat Member Posts: 77

Hi Lee_Asbell

Thank you so much for posting and letting us know how you are! So grateful you did.

Have you been following any particular diet?

Best wishes

Alice the Cat

• Alicethecat
    Alicethecat Member Posts: 77

Hi Lee Asbell

Thank you so much for posting and letting us know how you are! So grateful you did.

Have you been following any particular diet?

Best wishes

Alice the Cat

• Survivorwoman
    Survivorwoman Member Posts: 70

Quick question Ladies : has anyone experienced toothache/jaw ache while being on Herceptin?

I have been having lower jaw aches but cannot pinpoint the exact tooth. I had some dental work done about a month ago (chemo took its toll), but the dentist told me that although the cavity was deep, he did not think I needed a root canal. I was just wondering..... maybe it is Herceptin that is causing it.

Any thoughts on this?

• Cathy_C
    Cathy_C Member Posts: 9

Survivorwoman: I have not had any tooth or jaw ache, but have had like a lock jaw, where I cannot bite down all the way. It was only bad for about a day and been a little odd since then. Forgot to ask MO about it as I really don't notice unless I try to bite down.

• Survivorwoman

Thanks Cathy- I still have a jaw ache.  I went to the dentist yesterday and he saw nothing that would indicate something serious. I am now thinking it is an ear infection and will get antibiotics. Hopefully that will help my situation.

• marjie
    marjie Member Posts: 365
    Survivorwoman - hello!  I finished my Herceptin in January, but sometimes I would get a sore jaw or really sensitive teeth after my tx.  More often tho it would be headaches.
  • Christy86m
    Christy86m Member Posts: 9

Hi All - I was diagnosed in November 2011 with 3b, Her2 positive, ER/pr negative and nuclear grade 3. I am in the very middle of my chemo. I just finished my 8th taxol/Herceptin. I have 4 more to go and then I go on A/C once every 3 weeks for a total of 4 treatments. Surgery in July and 6 weeks of radiation in August. So far we know that one node is positive but my mass was 6cm (literally overnight) so I am really worried about the nodes.

All my best to each of you!

Christy

• Christy86m
    Christy86m Member Posts: 9

Yay you!!!!!!!!!

• Survivorwoman

Hi Marj- thank you for your comment. I do have some headaches and jawaches too. My dentinst is really puzzled about it. He sees no issue with my teeth. My onc does not think it is a side effect of Herceptin either. But I think it must be a side effect, if you and perhaps other ladies have had it too while being on Herceptin. Are those aches gone though Marj? Now that you are done with Herceptin?

• Survivorwoman

Christy- wishing you all the best too. Let us know what the pathology report says about your nodes. But know that there are many women among us who had nodes involvements, are still here with us, and are doing great. Please keep in touch. We are all in this together and I am thinking of you.

• marjie

Survivorwoman - For me, the worst of my body aches and joint pain has been gone for quite some time which leads me to think it may have been the lingering effects of taxotere. With the herceptin though, I'll definitely blame the headaches, tiredness and the sore jaw/sensitive teeth on it.  All these symptons are pretty much gone.

• Survivorwoman

Aww - thank you Marj. I am so glad you told me that after Herceptin all this achiness will subside. Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear you are doing well.

• Survivorwoman

My message appeared twice. I deleted one of them. Sorry.

• mizmarie

I didn't really have much of a problem with body/joint pain while I was on chemo (finished in December), but I lately I feel like an old woman - I have achy hips and knees (much like I would imagine arthritis feels).  I am only halfway done with Herceptin, so I do hope that the achiness is just late SEs from Taxotere.

• SharBare
    SharBare Member Posts: 3

Officially diagnosed on Nov, 17,2011. Already had two lumpectomies and have just been informed that I now need to have a mastectomy and 10 more lymph nodes removed. I thought by now I would be fully into my chemo but as of yet I have not even started. These extra surgeries are making me crazy. The original tiny 1 cm lump is turning into a nightmare. Thank goodness it has not spread past the lymph nodes. I just want this cancer out of me......

• SharBare
    SharBare Member Posts: 3

My diagnosis did not appear on my last message. I goofed. I hope this is one is correct.

• mistral1960
    mistral1960 Member Posts: 2

I was diagnosed at the end of December 2011. I am ER/PR negative, her2 positive, with inflammatory breast component. I also had a very large tumor measuring over 9 cm per MRI report (or 7 cm by palpatation. I am currently on a neoadjuvent drug trial, which includes Tykerb (4 pills a day = 1000 ml) and Herceptin infusions every 3 weeks. I recently went in for my 6 week check up and the tumor was no longer palpable. Best part is that I seem to have minimal side effects. I get fatigued now and then and occasionally have loose BM, but nothing drastic. I bought a large bottle of Immodium but really haven't had to use them much.

• marjie
    WOW - amazing results mistral1960!!
  • mizmarie

That's an amazing response, mistral - I hope you continue to do well!!

• KakaCathFreeSpirit
    KakaCathFreeSpirit Member Posts: 38
    Hi ladies, SharBare I don't think it is a criteria to have to show your diagnosis, please don't feel you have goofed up, though I like that terminology, being goofy,s kind of funny ha ha like. There is alot of ladies out there that choose not to show there medical history by choice, I am sure you would be welcome to this site regardless, and I am sorry that you are going threw such continuing trauma, but like me the tumor size is small with having gone down the express high-way, as I understand it, its about the unfortunate position, position, wishing you some stability soon Smile 
  • Survivorwoman

Hi Mistral - agree with Marjie that your results are great! Btw: I was on Tykerb after I finished TC (chemo)  and now I am doing Herceptin for another 6 months.

• kdking
    kdking Member Posts: 23

Hi everyone! I have completed 4 AC and am coming up on my last two of 12 TH. of course I will continue on with the Herceptin for a year. I can't complain too much about my whole chemo experience too much, except for the third week in a row now, I have had a fluttering like heart rhythm after my treatments. It was so bad last night that I went into the ER. My heart rate was 220! They kept me for a while and sent me home still in Afib. My MO is referring me to a cardiologist. Anyone else have this happen? It really is kinda scary.

• Cathy_C
    Cathy_C Member Posts: 9

Boy I am a ding dong, I can't believe I actually forgot all about SE's. Couple of weeks ago knees and hips started bothering me, especially when I get up after sitting a long time.Playing softball again and last Friday I could not run, thought I was getting old. Thanks for talking about the aches and pains, now I don't feel like an old lady.

• BRCAdaughter
    BRCAdaughter Member Posts: 1

Dear Survivorwoman and others,

Your staging sounds a lot like my mom, who is 80 this year.  We are just starting this journey.  She does not want chemo, we are planning to go the route of Herceptin and radiation.  Can anyone comment on their thoughts on chemotherapy for older women?  Our oncologist is going with the decision and says there are trials looking at Herceptin monotherapy, so there is a basis for this decision.  However, if chemo can be tolerated, maybe we are selling ourelves short...

Funny thing at age 80 - over five years you have a pretty good chance of dying of somthing else but no one worries about that.  It's scary though, to reject chemo...

• gg111
    gg111 Member Posts: 11

I was Dx. in Dec 2011 and am currently in chemo, just finished AC. Now a three week break with Taxotere/Herceptin to follow. Then a Double Masectomy with Reconstruction. I decided to do chemo first based on the size of my tumor and possible metastizing...just had a Bx. on my Thyroid yesterday, currently awaiting the results! It is on the left side, same as the breast cancer so I am a little fearful is may be?? Chemo - A/C went well accept my second treatment ended my up in the hospital for 3 days as my white blood count dropped too low and got fever, chills and vomiting. Early signs of sepsis. But caught it early enough and didn't need to move to ICU..Thank God!! My tumor has shrunk to the point I can barely feel it, which is soooo exciting!! 

Thanks for Starting this forum. I have been looking for people that are just Hers2+!!! So nice to hear from people just like me!! 

• gg111

Hi kdking,

Yes I have heart palpitations all the time with only having gone through AC..I hear it is the arythromycin that does this and the Herceptin can make it worse. I have been sent for an ekg and echocardiogram which is showing normal... Its really good they are sending you to a Cardiogist...They should do an echocardiogram and muga scan on you to make sure your heart muscle is doing okay. Please keep in touch! Would love to know how your doing. Take care sister!! 

• kdking
    kdking Member Posts: 23

Thanks gg111! I am scheduled for an echo within the next few weeks. I have been reading a little more about Herceptin and hope I am not having a reaction to it. Thank god you are finished with AC! Did you receive the Neulasta injection? Hopefully the TH will go much smoother. Mine seemed like a piece of cake until #8... That's when I started feeling crummy. Keep us posted!

• gg111

Hi kdking,

That's so great that you are going for an echo soon, make sure they do a muga scan also. They should have done that in the beginning to get a baseline of your heart muscle. Did they do this?

I did not receive Neulasta to get me white cells up, but I have been receiving Nupegin which is a daily shot that the chemo center gives to me. This does bring my white bloodcount up but have to do it everyday after my chemo sessions for four to five straight days...Did you get your Texotere every three weeks and your Herceptin weekly? Are you a stage 111a because they found HER2+ in your lymph nodes? Sorry so many questions but I am just learning about all of this...newbee here...lol.

Hope to hear from you soon...