Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

ER-, PR-, Her2+ Roll call

Comments

• juviben
    juviben Member Posts: 6

Hi.  I lurk but rarely post.  My 1 year cancerversary was May 16th.  I'm going for scans next week (June 7) and will have a mammo and ultrasound on Friday.  My alkaline phosphotase jumps up (no higher than 160) and back down to normal, so he just wants to be sure that everything is okay.  They told me that I shouldn't worry but I'm terrified, obviously. Fingers crossed and lots of prayers sent up.  Otherwise, I'm fine.  I feel normal and the chemo was not too bad, and I had the AC/TH.  The radiation was easy. I'm just praying for CLEAR scans so I can REALLY celebrate.  Hope all you girls are doing AWESOME!!

• roulag
    roulag Member Posts: 126

Juvinen - good luck with your scans, please keep us posted.

• juviben
    juviben Member Posts: 6

Thank you so much.  I will.  I hate being so scared!

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396

Another milestone for me today.  ONe year ago today I had my BMX and 17 lymphnodes removed.  It was the second stage in my cancer treatment.  Today, I finsihed a boot camp class at the YMCA.  What a difference a year makes.  Hang in there everyone who is currnetly fingthing and celebrate your vicotry to those who have finsished their treatments.  

• roulag

Congrats! Leftfootforward! I wish you many many more great anniversaries!

• evergreen9
    evergreen9 Member Posts: 25

Hi,

I am finished all treatment, chem, rads, and one year herceptin in early april 2012. Just had a bone scan, blood tests, PET and CAT scan, and am OK at this point. A node discovered in my lung on CAT 4 months ago has disappeared, likely an infection or inflammation. Was very relieved. But according to "Predict", I have just under 60% chance to make it to 5 years, and have come to terms with that. I do what I can though. I exercise every other day for 1 hour, hope to reduce chance of recurrence. I eat cancer fighting foods. While they have been identified mainly thru non-human studies, I think it can't hurt.

• starella
    starella Member Posts: 101

congratulations everygreen!

• BonoboGirrl
    BonoboGirrl Member Posts: 104

Hello ladies, 

Just stopping by to add my name to the roll. Diagnosed initially with DCIS in August 2009. Had bilateral mastectomy, right side prophylactic, December of same year. Breast pathology revealed IDC er/pr- Her2+. Began chemo and year of herceptin in 2010. Completed herceptin treatments in the spring of 2011. Son graduated from high school this year and is preparing to head off to college in the fall, and my daughter will be starting second grade. Looking forward to many more good years. :)

• BonoboGirrl
    BonoboGirrl Member Posts: 104

Didn't realize I'd previously answered this roll call. Sorry for the redundancy! LOL. 

• roulag

Good morning ladies - I was diagnosed this year. DCIS with IDC inside, still not sure how much of the 2.5 cm tumor was IDC, but I think it was less then 1 cm. Oh well, they just count the whole tumor as mass.

Had a lumpectomy and then a second surgery to get clean margins, they found one DCIS cell to close to the margin the first time, second time was a charm, super clean margins! Have had 3 out of 6 TCH, ended up in the hospital for three days for an infection and now I am home.

I am 40 years with two kids (girl 8 and boy 11). Nice to meet you all!

• puce
    puce Member Posts: 26

Evergreen 9, I know someone who was diagnosed stage 4 HER2+ and she is doing very well 6 years out with continuous herceptin and other meds. 

• gramma23
    gramma23 Member Posts: 482

I finished Herceptin July 2009 and I was diag. May 2008, lump tried the study drug Nueratnib but could not take it. I had not had mets but I had had some issues with blood count. Have not been able to get it back to normal. My hemoglobin is low and I have to have Procrit every month but we may start trying every other month the bills are eating me up and I want to retire. I do have a elongated lump in my other breast but have not had mamo since finding it. My onc says it is a ligament but I know the lymph drins into that side from the other. Fingers crossed for me. Prayers too if you will.

Carolyn

• Graceembraced
    Graceembraced Member Posts: 86

So glad I found this board. I am ER/PR-, HER2+ , stage IIIC

I began AC on June 7.

I will have 4 rounds of AC every 2weeks,

then 12 rounds of Taxol/Herceptin weekly,

Followed by 6weeks daily radiation,

While completing a year of Herceptin every 3 weeks.

I'm praying that I stay healthy and on track so I can shout from the rooftops Cancer Free in August 2014!!!

I've survived two ACs as of today, with minimal nausea, but do have headaches from the Zofran and I crash on day 5 from the steroid drop with chills, lightheadness and sweats.

I'm just trying to anticipate the side effects but they don't always play nice :)

So sorry you all are on this journey to, but know that you are a comfort to me and others.

• roulag

Grace - welcome to the club. My SEs have been different with each round of treatment. I have pretty much given up trying to figure them out.

• floridatworeds
    floridatworeds Member Posts: 5

hi ladies

started treatment 6/29/12, chemotherapy Taxol, allergic treatment stopped and Herceptin did well no side affects yet. Doctor plans to find another chemotherapy will keep everyone posted. Like this group

• roulag

Welcome floridatworeds! Sorry you have to join this group, but we are a great bunch.

I am sorry about the reaction to the taxol. I too had a reaction to the taxotere but they pumped me with steroids (dexamethasone) and Benadryl and so far so good. I am sure they will find a solution for you. Hang tight it will be over before you know it!

• leanne1980
    leanne1980 Member Posts: 3

I'm here! I see the last post was in 2011, but glad to see there are others going through the same thing that I am!

I was dx end of July and am awaiting scans to see what course they are going to take. I think surgery to take one breast, chemo then herceptin. 

Scary stuff!

• roulag

Welcome Leanne, I know this is not a group you would want to join, but having said that the wome on the boards are some of the most fantastic you will ever meet. Full of knowledge and support!/p>

• luvmyfam
    luvmyfam Member Posts: 53

Hi everyone, sorry we all have to be here, but so glad we get to do it together!  I am nervous because I have my initial consultation at MD Anderson on Monday.  I'm glad things are finally getting done as I have been waiting since I found out in March because I had no insurance.  It's all coming together now and I'm preparing myself for the tough road ahead.  Will be great when I can look back at it!  I don't know what Grade or Stage I am, I'm guessing I will find out soon.  Happy 4th of July!

• Driftway
    Driftway Member Posts: 5

Hi all - diagnosed June 12 er/pr - HER+ 7mm grade 3, neg sentinal node. Had bilat mx TE and now struggling to choose AC-TH, TCH or TH starting 7/31; you can see my thread in the HER2 forum.

I just mentioned there my recent discovery of TCH (taxotere) and permanent hair loss, around 1/16 women; this may tip the scales on my chemo decision to AC-Taxol/H or Taxol/H.......

• Jinkala
    Jinkala Member Posts: 133

I'm here now too, unfortunately.  I'm supposed to start TCH in a week or two depending on how long it takes to get all the scans and stuff out of the way.

I still have a lot of reading to do.  I really didn't expect or want chemo but even with negative nodes and a very tiny DCI, it sounds like the HER2+ type is extremely agressive.

• sewingnut
    sewingnut Member Posts: 475

Jinkala,

I see by your tag line you are Diabetic.  The steroids I took during chemo played havoc with my glucose levels. Please keep a close eye on yours. Good luck as you start.

• Jinkala
    Jinkala Member Posts: 133

Yes, my Oncologist said that there would be issues with the steroids and my blood sugar.  I am going to ask her if they can start with the smallest effective dosage to see if that is enough to do what they are intended to do.

I've been pretty obsessive/compulsive about watching my blood sugar since my diagnosis in May.  It gives me something that I feel I have a bit more control over compared to everything else right now. 

I've been worrying also about what I will eat during chemo when so much of the suggested things by other women are things I avoid or minimize because of the carbs.   I know I will find a solution even if it's to just let my blood sugar get up into the 150s at times.  I'm a bit concerned about the SE of neuropathy as well since it's not something I currently have but it is something associated with Diabetes.

• caroline71
    caroline71 Member Posts: 14

• Dutchie
    Dutchie Member Posts: 37

Just saw this thread and wanted to add my name to the roll call! I look forward to following my fellow ER/PR- her2+ sisters!

• caroline71
    caroline71 Member Posts: 14
    Undecidedjust been told on wednesday that they have to stop my chemo as my body cant take the toxins so now I am due back on the 11th sept for a new plan what my ong wants is my surgeon to go in and do surgery so I dont know till then also my ong told me if it reacurs it will come back in my lungs I am devasted dont know what to say where did you sau=y you were from again mu head is messed up sorry xxx what do you think  sorry its triple negative I have 
  • KakaCathFreeSpirit
    KakaCathFreeSpirit Member Posts: 38
    hello caroline71, I am sorry to read that you have to deal with this awful disease, as most here, face adversity in our differents ways of battling a BC diagnosisCry...it is difficult to take-in and or understand reasoning when a professional tries to relays to there patient a clinical definition on stats or data where you may recur, its a daunting negative place to be in at an early stage of treatment, don't despair there is always hope in other possible treatment options and hopefully other oncologist that have a more positive approach ! Im guessing this is part of why you may feel your head is messed-up ! some here have been where you are, I know I have been at that point many times over, so one day at a time....I wish for you the best possible out-comes, and a positive mind-set for recovery mode, Take Care, regards cath Smile      
  • Graceembraced
    Graceembraced Member Posts: 86

So sorry to hear Caroline, rest and let your body recover until your new plan is in place.

You will be in my prayers

• mmschmus1
    mmschmus1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi - I was diagnosed with Stage III HER2+ ER/PR- breast cancer in October 2007.  I'll be going on 5 years without metastatic progression.  I'd love to hear about those of us with even longer disease free progression times.  Smile
  • moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,464

mmschmus1, welcome to BCO.

You'll see many, many other inspiring members who have reached 5 years (and beyond!) on this thread. Just click the link to go there.

• The Mods