Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

solid mass under areola, terrified

Options
2»

Comments

• DocBabs
    DocBabs Member Posts: 54
    edited April 2011
    Options

This has not been a good day. i got my pathology report.IDC DCIS LCIS(this I already knew )and ADL.Previously I only had ALH.My anxiety level is now an 11.Tomorrow I see my oncologist and the plastic surgeon in the afternoon.My head is spinning.I'm sitting here crying, sipping a manhattan.I hope it numbs me soon.

• flash
    flash Member Posts: 129
    edited April 2011
    Options

(((((((((((BABS)))))))))))  It really will get better.  Take one day at a time.  first thing first is to line up someone to go with you tomorrow or get a tape recorder.  You really won't remember everything.  Plan on a notebook that you keep a copy of all of your records, tests etc.  It makes it much easier in the early bc.  You are stilll looking at probably a pretty good prognosis and it really isn't as bad as you probably are thinking in your head.  don't feel badly if you need anti anxiety meds or time with someone professional. This is the time to take care of you.

wanthope- welll??????

• DocBabs
    DocBabs Member Posts: 54
    edited April 2011
    Options

Thanks Flash.My husband is going with me tomorrow. He took off from work as it's our 37th wedding anniversary.Meds...I'll take anything I can get my hands on!Do you mind my asking how old you are? I see that you had a hysterectomy?oophorectomy.How long was your chemo??All I want to do is crawl under the covers.........

• JPRacket45
    JPRacket45 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    Options

Mind if I ask what your BIRAD was?? I'm just learning about this rating system and wondering how accurage it is??  I have just been given a BIRAD 4C in a report and read that means definitely malignant--have you heard that??

• Cswheeler85
    Cswheeler85 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2018
    Options

I love this quote. I am waiting to go for a mammography! I must give it to God or I will be consumed by anxiety and worry. Love you all! I am praying for you all