Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Single life after a mastectomy

Options

Comments

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,935
    edited February 2018
    Options

imageimage

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985
    edited February 2018
    Options

nice jazz

Thanks for sharing, is 5am I will prepare my juice and a toast with almond butter

I ll go to see my friend at the hospital and then I will go to my hospital to my blood test which is for noon.

I woke up with pain in my upper back and I think I know what cuz it. I wonder if you have the same issue. So I have a few brass which are crossed on the back ? I realized when ever I wear 1 it gives me pain in the upper back.

No sure why but I thought it was in my mind but now I wore it yesterday and today upper back is killing me. I will try to get a muscle relaxer or stop for a massage some where today SickTired

Hope you all have a great day

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2018
    Options

E- your aches may be related to the hormone suppression drugs. My first six plus months brought a lot of pain to my body on those meds. It does ease with time. A lot of women take Claritin to help mange the aches and pains on the drugs we take. Ask your doctors too if there is something you can take to mitigate the pain as your body adjusts to the lowering of your estrogen.

I hope the visit to see your friend goes well and that the blood work suggests things are moving in the right direction as well. Let's hope February is a better month all the way around.

• notbrokenjustbent
    notbrokenjustbent Member Posts: 326
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hey guys. E...another thought about your back. Mayb when u wear the bra you stand up straighter? I have bad posture since my low back injury. Whenever i am conscious of my posture n try to stand up straight the upper back muscles get a bit sore.

Well my computer broke n i am lost without it. Life has completely stopped. I have a shit phone n dont use it for email or anything personal or financial so without my computer i cant take care of business. This sucks.

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2018
    Options

Sorry Bent, hope you are up and running again soon!

• juneping
    juneping Member Posts: 634
    edited February 2018
    Options

jazzy - the moon looked red...??

Notbroken - ah, sorry about your computer....hope it'll be fixed without any issues....

E - i also think it has to do with the hormone med....my onco told me it would cause achyness in the body

Happy Friday.....can't get up lately....so cold just want to stay in bed.....zzzzz

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2018
    Options

June- yes, the moon turned red with the eclipse that happened the morning of the 31st. They called this one the blue blood full moon because it was the second moon of the month (blue moon) and also the eclipse made it red. First time all these conditions were together in something like 150 years. We are fortunate to have big open skies here to see it perfectly this week!

Bent- hope to see you back here soon!

Wishing everyone a good weekend. Yoga this morning for me, followed by a trip to my spa this afternoon for a massage. I got a nice gift cert to the place for Xmas and will use that today!

Enjoy the Superbowl if you are in to such things!

• notbrokenjustbent
    edited February 2018
    Options

E, no word on your exam results?

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2018
    Options

Wishing everyone a positive Valentines Day week. Go do something good for yourself tomorrow!

This meme sums it up for me perfectly!

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985
    edited February 2018
    Options

hi friends I am back

I got home around 2am this morning so much happened

So every day it was a struggle with my poor sister changing her position in bed was a huge challenge also feeding her but 2 days before my trip ended she was able to feed herself

She is slowly getting better yet no feeling on the feet but yesterday the day I left she moved one foot small move but my brother recorded it so I can see with my eyes.

I will tell you more details later about every day.

I am so tire tmw is my big day I ll see the surgeon. Let's see what she suggest

Then I have blood work on the 15th

Love you all

I am glad to be back yet sad to leave my siblings in such a mess

• notbrokenjustbent
    edited February 2018
    Options

E!!!! I just logged on to welcome you home because I knew you would be coming home any day! I thought of you so often and hope it was a good trip. E, sister's recovery is truly a miracle. Sounds like more improvements should be expected. So happy. Yes, write more when you can. I am sure you are exhausted after your trip and you have some doctoring to attend to so write more when you are able. WELCOME HOME! I missed you!

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2018
    Options

E- welcome back and glad the visit was a good one. So good to hear your sister is doing better every day. You needed this time together!

Get some rest and focus on your upcoming apts and we will look forward to hearing some good news there too!

• juneping
    edited February 2018
    Options

HELLO everyone!!! happy vday!!

i bought myself some flowers at the wholefoods....bright up my apt...hahaha...

Jazzy - totally agreed!! and use the $$ to travel......

E - welcome back!! please let us know how the appt go.....

notbroken - how are you?? did you get the phone fixed?? may be you can get one on ebay??

• notbrokenjustbent
    edited February 2018
    Options

hey June. Happy Valentine's Day! Ha! I have been dreading this day and I forgot all about it today. Guess it is not such a big deal after all. :)

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hi friends- heading to an art exhibit here for a gift to myself this afternoon.

June- good job on the flowers. My move in February is always to go a day or two after and score on half price flowers at the store. Having them on the day is super nice too.

E- hope your apt went well and let us know what the next steps are for treatment.

We are here for you sister! Heart

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2018
    Options

Good morning and TGIF. Some pictures from a balloon that came straight over the patio this am (happens a lot here actually, but not always quick enough to get a good shot by the time I realize it is there).

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2018
    Options

I scored on some discount flowers at the local Sprouts market today. They had these beautiful bouquets marked down to $1.99 so I got two. This is the combination and it has so many things I love from the day lillies, to sunflowers, a rose, some eucalyptus and more. The house sounds great!

Please and love this long holiday weekend and enjoy the three days if you have monday here in the US for President's Day.

• juneping
    edited February 2018
    Options

jazzy - the flowers are lovely!! oh i love the balloon shot....like a postcard to me.

at work...no long weekend.....Snooze

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2018
    Options

June- working over here too, trying to get a contract that has been taking way too long with a client this week. I used to love working in places that gave the extra holidays off like MLK, Presidents Day, etc. I worked at a university back east once that gave us a 3 day weekend every month but August. That was nice!

The flowers still look beautiful and so happy with when I look at them! That was probably the best deal I ever got on a bunch of flowers that size.

I know many here have much going on and wish everyone an easy week.

• notbrokenjustbent
    edited February 2018
    Options

hey girls, Yes Jazz, the flowers are lovely. I had meant to see if I could track some down as a nice treat to me and to brighten the gloomy February. My men always brought me flowers and I never appreciated them, they seemed like such a frivolous thing but that is exactly why I love them now. Since I missed the flower sale I will look for a nice scented candle instead.

I was civil service way back when. I had a 35 hour work week, every holiday off, and our offices closed during all coastal rain storms and snow. Nice work if you can find it.

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2018
    Options

Broken- I learned to look for discount flowers or holiday plants the day or two after every holiday if I happened to be in a grocery store. I do it for things like Easter, Thanksgiving, Xmas and more. Seems like the stores are a non stop marketing opportunity to sell for each holiday. I noticed the V-day stuff was on the shelves a day or so after Xmas last year, no doubt the Easter stuff is lining the shelves now. I bought my flowers from a health food store that does not market all the candy & other junk. Just had the pretty flowers.

A lot of stores also have those past sale date flowers too (I have another store that always has a basket of clearance flowers). It is a nice way to treat yourself. I love fresh flowers in my home, especially in the winter months.

• juneping
    edited February 2018
    Options

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2018
    Options

That is funny June!

• notbrokenjustbent
    edited February 2018
    Options

I like that June. My creepy ex was into my email. I was horrified but I had many make suitors at the time so if he got his cheap thrills from being a pervert voyeur then whatever. How pathetic was he?

• juneping
    edited February 2018
    Options

not broken- that's crazy. But glad that he found out you are being pursued

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2018
    Options

• juneping
    edited February 2018
    Options

jazzy - wow...beautiful.

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2018
    Options

Another view as it further unfolds

• notbrokenjustbent
    edited February 2018
    Options

Jazz, very lovely. Thanks for sharing. Out of curiosity do you do anything with the plant once it is done blooming or do you discard it like most I know do.

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2018
    Options

I save them and try to bring them back year to year. A friend told me how to do this. I have some from last year and they have some green shoots but no flower yet?