Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Single life after a mastectomy

Options

Comments

• notbrokenjustbent
    notbrokenjustbent Member Posts: 326
    edited January 2018
    Options

Surprised there was not something about plastic bags with the warning not to put on your head as it could cause suffocation. I bought a pair of shoes and inside there was that packet to absorb any moisture. The packet said "Do not eat". Oh wow, glad I read that cause I was gonna eat it.

• ToughCookie101
    ToughCookie101 Member Posts: 119
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hah!! The funny warnings on products are hilarious. My flat iron says “do not use while sleeping.” That would certainly save time before work in the mornjngs

• notbrokenjustbent
    edited January 2018
    Options

Ha!!! Good one TCookie. My curling iron says "Caution, can burn eyes" and my dryer says "Do not put persons in dryer".

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985
    edited January 2018
    Options

lol

Hi friends. Well so far so good

Second day taking MMS. Loopy

Trying to study for my exam next week. Keeping contact with my family to know what happens with my sister. So far very little improvement but we have hope.

The funny warning are awesome lol

Thanks for sharing lol

• notbrokenjustbent
    edited January 2018
    Options

E, hope is a good thing.

Ugh... bone chilling weather here. How are you faring E and June? I like the winter and the snow but this is cold!

• Enerva
    edited January 2018
    Options

not Boken is brutal cold here -20 and windshield -43 SickTired

I don't go out I am indoor and in my PJ all day lol

Can't go out. Yesterday it was -19 I could not even breath. My hands froze no thanks I don't want to go out there.

• notbrokenjustbent
    edited January 2018
    Options

Oh wow E, you r way worse than us. I just passed the bank and we were at 8 degrees without the wind-chill. We were -2 without earlier. It is sunny and dry so it sneaks up but dang, that wind blows in my back windows and I am under an electric throw just now. I will need get up soon to think about dinner. Stay cozy and warm.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,935
    edited January 2018
    Options

I won't tell anyone what the temps are here in the southwest. You won't like me anymore! We are going to have other problems soon with too warm weather and no moisture though.

• juneping
    juneping Member Posts: 634
    edited January 2018
    Options

hi all,

didn't go out neither since it's just way too cold to go out at all....stayed home all day. and studied a little....boy this is tough. felt sleepy whenever i read the materials....Bawling

• ToughCookie101
    ToughCookie101 Member Posts: 119
    edited January 2018
    Options

It is -24 here today without the windchill. Bring on summer

• notbrokenjustbent
    edited January 2018
    Options

I see they are calling for 50 degree weather here next week. This is crazy weather indeed. Being so cold the snow has stayed pretty and white instead of turning all mushy but our roads and sidewalks are still icy. I am getting restless.

E, how are you doing?

• juneping
    edited January 2018
    Options

i wonder the same thing...E, how are you doing??

and Hello everyone!! how are you doing?? i am glad its warmer now....

cookie - sorry if i don't remember....how are you now? did you have your surgery yet? and how's your tx plan?

• notbrokenjustbent
    edited January 2018
    Options

June, so how is the job going? Any better now that you have had time to adjust?

Well it's like spring time here. Jeez, talk about extremes! Anyway it seemed like a good idea to pack up the Christmas stuff but kinda sorry I didn't leave the greens, garlands and some things around. I gotta admit the place did look nice and cozy for the holidays.

Oh, and another moronic warning was on the large Tupperware bin that I packed up my Xmas stuff....." Suffocation Risk" (with a picture of a baby inside with the lid on). Now I know if I ever have grandkids not to pack them up in a storage bin til next Christmas.

• Enerva
    edited January 2018
    Options

hi friends so sorry haven't been hee lately

Lots going on at my end.

Sister health going down hill

I have been trying to study hoping I can pass my exam which is this Saturday morning.

I am taking a natural medicine called MMS is more like a bleach for humans lol so far so good. I called the surgeon and got an appointment for Feb 14th and on the cancellation list in case she can see me before.

Also my work try to contact me but I told them to talk to my insurance agent. A few pepole sent me msg which I ignored .

I went to an ovarian cancer support session yesterday and I am glad I did even though I am not welcome to continue going since I have breast cancer mets and no ovarian cancer lol

It seems so stupid cuz my breast cancer is affecting my ovaries ? Anyway they were lovely and off course told me about the breast cancer support group which I may join not sure. But I ll join the art group they have lovely proams which I plan to take .

Check them out www.wellspring.ca

Also one of the ladies spoke about a recent trip she had to USA I think Texas or Arisona and she said she only paid her fare but that the camp and all washer paid for it is an event for ovarian cancer patients.

Wonder if there is anything like this for breast cancer? That sound like a great trip with lots of outdoor activities and meditation yoga etc.

I plan to find something like that to go enjoy myself one week depending on my results in March .

Hope you all are well

Love you I ll be more present after my exam is done .

• jazzygirl
    edited January 2018
    Options

E- that retreat sounds like something you need. Might be worth asking the bc support group if something exists like that for you?

Good luck Saturday, we are cheering you on......

• Enerva
    edited January 2018
    Options

jazz lol I don't think I only need this I feel there should be something like that for all of us to go and meet lol

It seems such nice retreat though the lady said it was wonderful she said around 90 woman wee there 2 from Canada.

Anyway for sure I am thinking on planing a get away this year even if it is for a week to s nutrition camp where I cam eat healthy and enjoy some outdoor activities

I will post Saturday after my exam

Love you all

• juneping
    edited January 2018
    Options

E - good luck with the exam!! and glad you met some ppl and receiving useful info...

• jazzygirl
    edited January 2018
    Options
  • Enerva
    edited January 2018
    Options

jazz this is great links

Thanks fir sharing

• notbrokenjustbent
    edited January 2018
    Options

Yes, excellent links Jazz. E, you sound good and glad you are thinking about fun things just for YOU. GL with your test.

• Enerva
    edited January 2018
    Options

hi ladies well I am studyubg late tonight

My sister was hospitalized this morning.

And we'll let's say I am so sad knowing my family is dealing with so much but I have hope for her my brother was able to find 3 antibiotics which are been administrated through a catéter in her neck SickTired she is as if she is in a coma now . I just hope she pulls through but I am not sure she will be having any quality of life .I am behond sadness

Tomorrow this exam I really will give it my best but I must tell you I am so tired and stressed

Yes for sure I ll look into finding a get away this year just no sure whe or where

Sending you all hugs

• notbrokenjustbent
    edited January 2018
    Options

Oh E, it just keeps coming. :( With all going on I hope you are able to focus as I know how important this test is to you. Check in after it is over and know we are thinking about you. GL.

• juneping
    edited January 2018
    Options

E, i am sorry about your sister....GL with your exam tomorrow....

• notbrokenjustbent
    edited January 2018
    Options

How did you do E? You done yet?

• Enerva
    edited January 2018
    Options

hi friends

Exam was brutal

I honestly think I ll pass but not with high grade it was very difficult cuz many things I did not review were present . But is ok I just want ro pass this time. I don't want to fail cuz of the cost but no looking for great mark this time it is what it is.

My sister night was horrible they had to tide her to the bed cuz she wants to take all iv out SickTired

My brother is having a melt down cuz he feels he should not have brought her to the hospital al le die at home . My poor family is passing another storm

I will keep you all posted here is an old foto of us.

• notbrokenjustbent
    edited January 2018
    Options

E, can't the hospital at least keep her comfortable? Your poor brother, but had he not taken her to the hospital he would be feeling guilty that he didn't. He did the right thing. As I recall you are the baby of the family. How much older is your sister? FYI...I have always liked you as a blondie.

• notbrokenjustbent
    edited January 2018
    Options

E, how long til you get the test results?

• jazzygirl
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hi ladies- back from my yoga retreat this weekend. I really needed it after a week of fixing many broken things from a furnace problem, to a car issue, and more. Another trip to the hot springs in this particular area and know E will especially like the photos.

E- we were asked if we wanted to dedicate the fruits of our practice to anyone, and I chose you. I hope the love and energy from the group this weekend helps you to persevere. Please keep us posted on how you are doing, things with your sister, and how you did on the test. I took some accounting classes in an MBA program I started and those tests were always wicked.

• notbrokenjustbent
    edited January 2018
    Options

Just lovely Jazz. I just want to crawl into the computer screen. It is all just so peaceful and serene.

• juneping
    edited January 2018
    Options

nice jazzy!!