Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TE TROUBLE

Comments

• Lifeafter
    Lifeafter Member Posts: 298
    edited August 2012

SpecialK - ROFLMAO!

I went in there yesterday and I told her if I was being paranoid, she could tell me...I could take it and I would understand. You know what my doctor did???

She stopped, looked me straight in the eye and said...do you remember when you first came in here and what I said I would do for you? I said....yes (really meakly, lol, not me at all). She said...do you trust me? You're going to be ok. I said...yes, I trust you. That's all she needed to say. I knew she meant it. Then, this morning...surgery date! She had to hook me up to another iv bag yesterday, she said if I had to come in everyday to get a fill, she was going to make it work.

Oh and she told me she has two new patients, both from my previous PS - both with the exact problems I had!

Michelle

• DLL66
    DLL66 Member Posts: 448
    edited August 2012

Fantastic news, BCAvenger!!

Tatina, let us know what happens.  

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,258
    edited August 2012

BCAvenger - so happy you made to switch to this doc - just think, you would still be getting the every 6-week fills with the old one!  My PS made a similar statement to me early in the game - he basically said that when I chose him to be my PS I placed my trust in him to take care of me, and I shouldn't worry because he would.  And he did!  So glad I made you laugh and that you have a new and improved surgery date!

• DLL66
    edited August 2012

SpecialK is so right...having a PS you trust makes all the difference. Glad you found one, BCAvenger.

• Layla2525
    Layla2525 Member Posts: 465
    edited August 2012

Congrats to you BCA and all the others who are finally gaining control over the unmanageable TE. Hope you all will be able to graduate to squishes, I know you have had a hard row to hoe and are so anxious for that phase to be over.

• undercoverebel
    undercoverebel Member Posts: 574
    edited September 2012

Good for you BCA. Well nothing new for me. Had the little spots cleaned and the RN said there's nothing wrong. Probably will need even more healing time before the next fill but better cautious than sorry. You all sound like great girls but I really hope I don't have to join your club. Good luck to everyone.

• specialk
    edited September 2012

undercover - we are here for you if you need us but we would rather you not have to join, if you know what I mean!

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938
    edited September 2012

Undercover, ditto SpecialK! Hope you don't have to come back!

• specialk
    edited September 2012

moon - we need a TE poem!

• specialk
    edited September 2012

Here, I'll start you off,

Roses are red, violets are blue
    TEs are horrible, this much is true
    While my chest did inflate,
    they were objects of hate
    and often they made me boo-hoo.

Just in case anyone thinks I have lost it - moon is writing some killer poems over on the triple positive thread, lol!

• moonflwr912
    edited September 2012

Special k, I think you nailed that one! You don't need me! LOL

• specialk
    edited September 2012

Yeah, I can joke about them now that I don't have them anymore...

• moonflwr912
    edited September 2012

Yeah, well I may come up with a poem when I get p*ssed at them in the future! LOL is good to laugh.

• moonflwr912
    edited September 2012

Just started a haiku thread. Enjoy.

• Tatina123
    Tatina123 Member Posts: 312
    edited September 2012

Love it, Special K.  I think we should have that mass printed and posted on the walls of plastic surgeons across the nation.

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited September 2012

The squishes are in, and looking fine

They may not be real, but at least they're mine.

The foobs are all pert and stand at alert

Men may whistle and women may stare

But I'm wearing low cut shirts....I just don't care.

• fluffqueen01
    edited September 2012

Te's in, TE's out

TE's back in, what's that all about?

Infection and redness, it doesn't seem fair

Oh and on top of that, I had no hair.

Now things are better and I am so vain.

I want bigger foobs, so fat grafting again! (pronounced a gain for rhyming purposes)

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited September 2012
    SpecialK and fluffqueenLaughingLaughingLaughing
  • chickadee521
    chickadee521 Member Posts: 423
    edited September 2012

Love it!

• undercoverebel
    undercoverebel Member Posts: 574
    edited September 2012

Thank you girls for the support. I love those poems,hilarious. I'm going to keep coming back for the poems if nothing else.

• moonflwr912
    edited September 2012

Alright, those are awesome! Much love to all.

• Katarina
    Katarina Member Posts: 99
    edited September 2012

I finally gave in and had my right implant removed yesterday due to incision healing failure.

Everything was fine until I went for my last procedure in June _ Nipple and Areola creation. 2 surgeries and incisions just got worse. 

It's a real jolt to see what a radical mastectomy really looks like after TE's and Implants are gone. 

I learned from a top surgeon that you should never cut skin that's been radiated and sits on an implant or TE. It won't heal. 

I'll be recovering for the next 3 months then going in for a DIEP/Tram flap approach. I won't need a TE this time just my body tissue.

Hugs

Kat

• moonflwr912
    edited September 2012

Oh, Kay, that's too bad. I lost my left one due to infection and had to wait til chemo was done to replace it. That was over eightomths ago. But now It's going on three weeks since replacement surgery, soon to have my first fill , and there is a bit of scab still. Oh well, it either heals or it won't. Much love.

• DLL66
    edited September 2012

Kat, so sorry to hear this. It's hard...I've been there. Heal well.

Moonflwr, sending healing thoughts your way as well. 

• SheChirple
    SheChirple Member Posts: 95
    edited September 2012

Kat: I recent had my implant removed due to incision failure as well.  I could ditto your post.

Question: in chosing DIEP are you doing both breasts for symetry, or just the one?  Do you have an implant in the other?

I have implant in the left, and lost the right.  In a few months we will be discussing options and I feel like if I do DIEP/TRAM Flap I should do both because I really want them to match, whatever they are.

• Bonseye
    Bonseye Member Posts: 124
    edited September 2012

I had TE's.....lost one and after 6 months had an implant in the TE side and a TRAM flap for the right side (best way to survive RT) and they match perfect. You just need a surgeon with lots of experience. I am so happy with mine. I survived RT with no damage.....just waiting for my tattooes :)

• Rennasus
    Rennasus Member Posts: 642
    edited September 2012

Bonseye, thanks for sharing your great result after radiation! ;-)

Katarina, I'm sorry you had to have your implant removed and hope you heal up quick. One day at a time over here!

MKW1: I added you to our surgery schedule. We have a pretty busy next week coming up; 6 ladies with setbacks (myself included) finally exchanging to squishies!

BCavenger, do I you you down correctly, are you still having exchange to squishie on right side on Sept. 7th? 

Specialk & Fluff, I missed the poems! You guys are funny! Maybe I'll work on one too... but *after* my exchange! Good luck, everyone! 

• Rennasus
    edited September 2012

BCavenger, I just saw your PM from several days ago... I changed your date to Oct. 16. ;-)

• fluffqueen01
    edited September 2012

I think BC has a new date next week to to a leaky te

• Rennasus
    edited September 2012

GOT IT! Just got a PM from her. Fixed! Thank you Fluff! (I got confused!)