All about Xeloda

Comments

• denny123
    denny123 Member Posts: 1,529
    edited January 2020

Mel, I was on Kadcyla for 4 years and it made artificial flavorings taste weird, especially apple-cinnamon flavor. Also, although I have eaten whole wheat bread for years and years, it also tastes weird.

Since I started Xeloda, those are still problems and I couldn't stand bananas until just recently.

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    edited January 2020

I don't know who's been asleep at the whell at MDA, because I still hadn't gotten a response to my messages throught the portal about my labs, so I called. I was getting pissed off. My hemoglobin is fine. So, yay!

I guess I just need more recovery time, which I'm getting.

• melmcbee
    melmcbee Member Posts: 371
    edited January 2020

Kattysmith which MdAnderson do you go to? I go to the one in Jacksonville F

• Kattysmith
    edited January 2020

Mel, I go to the main one in Houston where I live. I didn't realize they had one in FL!

• melmcbee
    edited January 2020

Yes its new. Maybe about 3-4 years.

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited January 2020

So completed last week the upped dose of 2500mg a day...this was my off week..I am feeling sensitive in my tips of fingers and they feel rough and hardened...I don't care or mind...as long as the meds are working.

My itchy skin condition has lightened up again..which again leads me

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited January 2020

Nicole, I hope it's working! Sounds like some of the HFS rearing it's pretty head! I assume the itchy skin lightening up is a good thing?

• Kattysmith
    edited January 2020

Nicole, that's good news about your itchy skin lightening up!

My hands have deteriorated, although the only thing I really need help with is opening things... reddish purple palms, extreme sensitivity and I think my finger prints have disappeared!

I can now begin my life of crime.

• nicolerod
    edited January 2020

Thanks ladies...my sentence got cut off...but what I was going to say...was that Even though the 1 dermatologist said my skin condition is probably from the cancer...I am back to considering that it could be 1 of the following again:

1. Bananas

2. Dark Chocolate

3. Honey

4. Sauna's....

Now I have been tested for food allergies for those 3 things and was negative...however..I don't think its like that...I think if I have too much of 1 of those 4 things..then I get the condition...because I cut all 4 of those things out and my condition is getting better...so once it is completely gone I am going to add 1 thing at time in for a whole month...then another...and so on and see if it happens...

Just got my labs back...bilirubin just a teeny tiny bit higher...the top of the range is 1.2 I was 1.3!! Otherwise everything else totally normal and that was on the higher dose.

• goldie0827
    edited January 2020

Good deal Nicole, so maybe it IS working. So so weird, my labs are always worse than the ones before, always!

• JoynerL
    JoynerL Member Posts: 1,392
    edited January 2020

Katty, my palms are reddish-purple, too, and I have sort of loss the sense of touch on the tops of my nails (and fingertips) and fingerprints. Can't use the fingerprint thingy on my phone at all. So funny that you referenced a "life of crime"....my friend of 40 years was listening to my woes and said, "Shoot....we could be Thelma and Louise and go on a great crime spree!"

• Kattysmith
    edited January 2020

LOL!

• denny123
    edited January 2020

Yeah, I have been saying that I could easily rob a bank, but my feet hurt too much for a fast getaway!

• JoynerL
    edited January 2020

I think that we have the makings of the perfect crime gang....we just need to figure out who's the hand-work person (leaving no prints), and who's in charge of the sprinting away part (not Denny, as no running)...but how about you, Denny, for the getaway car? Are you a good driver??

• nicolerod
    edited January 2020

My feet are still good..I can do the running...

• Kattysmith
    edited January 2020

I I'll be the driver , as Ive been maneuvering through crazy traffic in Houston since the 60s. There's nothing that fazes me on the road and nothing I can't drive! Hey, ho, let's go!

• JoynerL
    edited January 2020

Excellent....a plan!

I'm on the safe cracking (no fingerprints).

Nicole will sprint with the loot to the car.

Katty will drive the get-away. Do you have a suitably fast vehicle?

We may need to be covered. Any good shots? I'm pretty good at target shooting, but I'm cracking the safe......Winking

• goldie0827
    edited January 2020

You guys are funny! I'm such a wuss, I'll be the look out!

See the source image

• Kattysmith
    edited January 2020

I drive an ancient automatic PT Cruiser, but I can drive stick and I will steal something suitable - and fast!

As far as weaponry, I haven't shot a pistol in many years, but I do have a really angry cat prone to violence - Danny the Droog- that I can throw onto someone who comes too close!

• JoynerL
    edited January 2020

OK....Goldie can stand watch...with Danny the Droog...and she can heave him onto any unsuspecting vigilante(s) before sprinting to leap into the get-away car with the rest of us (not, however, the PT Cruiser, but rather a more suitable vehicle). A plan. Now we need someone to stake out a suitable target. We're close....

• goldie0827
    edited January 2020

Bomb squad is ready..

See the source image

Who's this? It's not me, I've never shot a gun!

See the source image

Katy, can you handle you this? And believe it or not, it will hold all of us!

See the source image

CANCER BEWARE....WE'RE COMING AFTER YA!

• Kattysmith
    edited January 2020

Oh yeah, I can drive that, but it might be a little conspicuous!!!

• Naesha
    Naesha Member Posts: 44
    edited January 2020

Hi Ladies,

Today is my 14th day of X of first cycle. First week was easy but second week was little bit of nausea and fatigue. Since my doc found that my Iron was low so i got the IV Iron dose. Food wise and dryness in hand and foot wise i am doing fine. I am just struggling with the nausea and little fatigue. For nausea i am taking Zofran and it does help me. Surprisingly i get nausea and little weak after i take the morning pill. In the eve i do fine. I am trying to go on 7/7 but my ONC wants to me to do 14/7 since she think that i am handling properly. I also thought the same in my first week but after my second week i think i need 7/7. I have appointment with my ONC this Friday and will request her to put me on 7/7. Hopefully she agrees.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Take care

• JoynerL
    edited January 2020

Naesha, do let us know what your onc says about 7/7. I've been on that since the beginning (12 mo) because that's what my MSK (Memorial Sloan Kettering) doc advised.

Katty, doesn't matter that it's conspicuous.....you'll be driving it so fast, they won't be able to identify it! It may be a challenge to get all of us inside those gull-wing doors quickly, however. We may need a "pusher".

• melmcbee
    edited January 2020

Im on day 8 of first cycle 14/7 and nausea is pretty bad. I barely eat just so I can take the meds. Has anyone lost weight? I also couldn’t figure out why my fingerprint wouldn’t work until I read it hear. Lol Thanks for being here. Hope y’all are feeling better.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited January 2020

You all are too funny!

I’ve been dancing with Madame X since late 2017. I’m on 500 am/500 pm with NO break unless I get HFS or go on vacation.

I have had the rashes, the extra pigmentation, lifting toenails, bloating, constipation, some nausea and increased lymphadema in my wrist. My mouth sores are usually caused by pizza(:

Yes my hands and feet are red and peel sometimes burn. Use generic eucerin or aquafore. The urea acid lotion helps my skin peel. Also like to use a sugar scrub. Always wear slippers indoors.

I have prunes and almonds as my bedtime snack along with magnesium and a yogurt drink to boost immunity. That usually helps my constipation.

Sometimes my taste buds go away. I think it has to go more with low blood counts. Sometimes things taste weird like chocolate tastes salty.

I have the blahs more than proper fatigue. I just don’t want to. I don’t have much stamina. My feet will burn and ache if I’ve been on them a long time I don’t bounce back as quickly as I think I should when I’m in a break.

My bones are stable on X, nothing has returned to lungs/lymph since the red devil in 2013. I did? do? have a 3 cm lesion in my liver. I just finished SBRT over Christmas. Scans not until late February.

• denny123
    edited January 2020

WOW! you gals have it all planned now. I can drive, but I don't speed. I will just take my cut since I suggested the whole plan....

Zills-sounds good and I would love to get down to 1,000 a day. But I am only on 2,000 so I shouldn't complain.

• Kattysmith
    edited January 2020

Zills, that's great to hear that it has been working for you for so long and on such a small dose! Have you been on that *no week off* schedule since the beginning and did they gradually reduce the dose over time?

Mel, I'm sorry to hear about your nausea and I'm surprised that you have lost your fingerprints so quickly!

Katty

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited January 2020

I started in 11/17 with seven pills, 14/7. Terrible side effects. Tried 7/7. Didn’t make it seven days. By 1/2018 I was on two pills NO break. By February 2018 my liver spots were gone. I took a break for family vacation every summer and when the HFS was too much or I had a virus.

I’m on my third MO since I started X. The first gave me the 1 am/pm with no break, the second let me go six months without scans since I was doing so welland I just started with the third after a liver lesion grew 3 cm in that time frame. It’s taken three months to get confirmation, a plan and execution.

It’s a teaching hospital so I get a fresh set of eyes regularly but not happy it took so long to get it zapped.

• nicolerod
    edited January 2020

Zills I am confused what was the MG dose when you were 14 on 7 off and what was it when you were 7 days on 7 off?