Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited August 2013

Bunkie, glad you are taking good care of yourself, take it slow and easy, and be patient with yourself.  You are going to make it.

SEW, I am appalled that your SIL has to go back into surgery.  I am so grateful that my surgeon made sure her margins were clear during the initial surgery.  I thought that was standard operating procedure.  My gosh, how difficult it must be to gear up for yet another surgery right now.  I will keep her in my prayers.

Cindy, I have your husband in my prayers as well.  He has been through too much, and so have you.  Sometimes it is more difficult being the spouse in these situations.  I know that for a fact.

Josie, I am so glad you can get recertified.  Get that done and then get at your CME's when you can.  As for the situation with the preauthorization, those things always take second priority in a clinic.  It is understandable and while you are training and rushing around, don't be too hard on yourself.  You were honest and took care of the situation.  That is all you can do.  things will get easier.

Kate, enjoy your time away from the chemo, and enjoy your girlie girl moments.

SAB congrats on the job offer.  I hope it all works out very well for you.  I worked in a university counseling medical students and administrating scholarships, and I loved it.  I always long to be back there at this time of year.  I love being in an academic setting.  I think I will take up some learning this year.   Also I think I will do some substitute teaching and working as a para-professional helping special needs kids.  My GS has such a wonderful para.  I hope I can do that for a kid who really needs it.  

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited August 2013

Beautiful idea GiGiL!  There's nothing like being truly needed. That's paying forward what Cole's para is doing for him.

Cindy, your husband's blood sugar is so scary!  And all the other stuff!  What a fright.  I am so glad they caught it all when they did. 

I just love my RO.  I love her.  She gave me wonderful quality attention and time.  She was really shocked at my skin.  She gazed at it for about 3 seconds and then said, "I have never seen this before."  She said the inflammation in my radiated skin is becoming chronic and the skin is "brawny," which means thickened from inflammation happening on several skin layers; the weeping means my body is sending lots of white blood cells there because obviously something noteworthy is happening; the nearby skin is now reacting acutely; and it's spreading, with whiteheady things on the underside of my breast and affected skin around my back.  She said I should see a dermatologist, but first she went out and brought back her senior colleague (she's only been practicing about 4 years).  He said he's seen this, but not often.  It's not mastitis nor is it inflammatory breast cancer, thank goodness.  She went and fired up her computer and came back with "radiation recall dermatitis," which I'd found online too.  It's when the skin reacts to radiation well after the fact.  It's pretty rare, and almost always it comes when chemo follows radiation, though there's one case of someone getting it from St. John's Wort.  My RO said she has also had two patients who developed a different, all-over skin itching post-radiation while on Arimidex.  Later she caught up with the local very smart dermatologist recommended by the senior RO.  He's out of the office until later next week but he did call her back.  The derm agreed it was likely radiation recall dermatitis, not from detergent or fabric at all, but the skin can become "auto-sensitized," which sort of means I'm allergic to myself.  And it can spread beyond the radiation field.  He didn't talk about the flea bites, but I wonder if my skin is reacting with extra drama to them, or even is attractive to the fleas, because of the radiation recall/autosensitivity syndrome somehow.  I also wonder why I am sneezing so much these days when I've never had seasonal allergies, and why I am a bit more thirsty than usual. Maybe a touch of a cold, and unrelated, but now I suspect everything!

My RO first called in an antibiotic and some 2.5% hydrocortisone, but the dermatologist recommended triamcinolone cream instead, which he said was 10 times stronger.  So the plan is, I pick up all 3 prescriptions, use the hydrocort on my flea-bitten legs, hang onto the antibiotic, and start the triamcinolone cream twice a day.  I am also supposed to soak the skin, just lay a damp cotton cloth on it and let that dry, as many times a day as I can given my schedule.  (I've been taking baths, which is not common for me--guess my instincts were right.)  And I'm stopping Tamoxifen for a week.  If this gets better, I restart Tamoxifen and continue the topical treatment we're doing.  If it doesn't improve, we'll try prednisone and the derm will want to see me.  Meanwhile my RO said to call them mid-week and tell them how I'm doing, but if it gets better faster, I should call sooner, because, she said, "I'm going to be thinking about you all weekend!"  Such a sweetie pie.  She and the derm are all aware of my teaching starting up in a week or so and are hoping to get this under control before then.  She pantomimed me scratching myself in a class or faculty meeting and we had a good chuckle.  I am just lucky to have the job I have, or this would have been much more problematic already.  Monday through Thursday this coming week are booked solid with meetings.  Could be interesting.  Of course I can step out if I need to.

My husband and I stopped at an Agway today and got 50 lbs. of diatomaceous earth to treat the yard and house for fleas.  I'm also going to make a lemon rinse for my legs with some sliced lemons soaked in hot water overnight.  It seems to me that may dry out my skin, so I will have to counteract it somehow, besides the hydrocort.  Maybe some emu oil?  Or do fleas like emus?  The grapefruit lotion I have is lovely, but I just scratch it off almost immediately.  I know you're not supposed to scratch flea bites but I'd have to be sedated first.  I spend a lot of time cleaning out under my fingernails.  I am just so grateful to have doctors who take me seriously and are as concerned as I am.

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited August 2013

Cindy I am so sorry hubby is going through so much. A big hug and prayers for him. Hang in there darling you need a big hug too, and of course a magic princess jacket filled with all of our sisters in the pockets, to comfort you, and help to make your handsome hubby well.

Runfree and Bunkie I am ready to throw a big party for you after I come home from My MO appointment today. I hope you both are feeling better, and have appointments that go well. I will supply the wine

Josie I am glad about your certification and sad that you had a panic attack

Sab I am glad all is well and thrilled that you received an offer.

Sew I am sorry that your sil did not have clean margins. She has been through so much, and I hope all goes well with the next surgery.

I leave for my MO appointment in an hour. I am hoping my cutie-pie Mo will cut down my chemo treatments to 4 left instead of 6 left. I also need to discuss my blood clot with him. Another topic will be should I or shouln't I have surgery. My original oncologist says yes. My second opinion urologist, even though he hasn't examined me yet, is leaning towards no surgery, and now my MO thinks no surgery either. Of course I have the final decision. If my second opinion doctor, after examining me, sticks to his opinion of no surgery I will go to another urologist for a third opinion. I am leaning towards wanting the surgery.

By the way I did say cutie-pie MO, because believe it or not I have a school girl crush on him. Now if only he was 20 years older, and wasn't married to a doctor, I might stand a chance lol.

• katehudson25
    edited August 2013

Runfree sorry somehow I missed your latest post. I am glad that you have a wonderful RO, and are involved with a very smart dermatologist too. I pray that the prescriptions make you feel much better soon. You have been through so much.

Hugs xoxoxoxo

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited August 2013

RunFree.....I'm so glad you've gotten some answers, but my goodness, what a mess you're in!  I think, if you do the lemon rinse on your legs, you could try some aloe on them after to give some oil back.  Maybe Calenduala cream, which is frequently used on baby rash etc.  I've no experience with emu oil, so don't really know that one.  The part about putting damp cloth over your chest, waiting until dry and them removing, sounds a bit like the wet/dry cloths I had to use on my breast when part of the incision wouldn't heal.  My surgeon said it was a natural form of debridement, which apparently removes just a bit of skin each time you remove the cloth.  Probably because the part that wouldn't heal was sort of weepy and this when this cloth got dry, it would stick, just a bit to that portion and so was removing dead skin when I removed it.  I wonder if that's what they're having you do.  Unless it's just to help heal the totally inflamed skin.  Oh, and I had to use the triamcinolone creame during rads for severe breakdown.  Worked pretty well for me. 

Is it possible you guys had just entirely too much fun frolicking in the hay while celebrating your anniversary and that brought all this on?  Just a thought.......came up with that one while flea treating my 4 cats this morning.....did the inside two first to be sure I had enough.  hope all this works for you....good luck.

Kate, good luck with your appt. this afternoon.  I hope you only get good news or at least answers you want......we're with you....

• RunFree16
    edited August 2013

Funny Sew!  That would be a pretty good reason to get an exotic skin reaction.  But the timing doesn't work.  It started to get itchy again around August 1, a few days before we went away the first time.  Most inconvenient, couldn't really do anything about it, just thought it would ease off the way it did right after rads.  It has sort of spiraled, worse, a little better, a bunch worse.  Last week, just before we went to Maine, it really blew up.  Then I came back and the fleas moved in.  That is fascinating about the debridement.  Such a low-tech response to something that seems kind of serious, and that gives me courage that it'll help me too.  I'm glad the triamcinolone worked for you.  I've picked it up now and I'll start with it tonight, and hydrocort on my legs.  Good thinking about aloe and calendula, both of which I have.  I went to our little health food store and got some lemony soap and some lemon-scented essential oil, and I am told I can put a drop of essential oil into some other kind of lotion just to gross out the fleas with my lemon fragrance.  I also got some lemons to make a rinse.  Fortunately I love the scent. 

Thanks, Kate, for your good wishes also.  I am hoping your MO appointment today went just the way you wanted it to. 

Sorry I wrote so much before!  It looks reasonable in the little box, and then you hit Submit and it's enormous.

• GrammyR
    GrammyR Member Posts: 297
    edited August 2013

RenFrew16 I am a retired RN and read your predicument. I do not think dry dressing would be recommended in your case because if there is fungal infection it could actually make it spread even more. Keep in it dry around the weeping outside area would be a good way to go. Putting the dermatologist Rx cream on 1st the a dry soft gauge type cover to protect your skin from rubbing against your clothes. Wash clothes if you can in hot water w/Borax. This will kill off any flee eggs. Hang in and hope your weekend is better.

• BUNKIE10
    BUNKIE10 Member Posts: 670
    edited August 2013

OK I have to do more reading but here is where I got to so far.

Sew - Sorry about your SIL. I had the same issue. My margins were not clear and I had to wait that time to go back in. Had I done my surgery at U of Mi they would have found out while I was under and took more. Lansing does not have a dedicated BC surgeon. Mine was good but he admitted they did not have the ability to run the test like that. It will be OK. Just hate she has to go under twice. Tell her the second surgery was no worst than the first except I was kept overnight and they gave me a lot of pain meds but I did not need them. They did some sort of block too in my back that lasted a couple days.

RunFree - OMG fleas. I can not use the pesticides at all. That is how I got so hypersensitive to everything. Pesticides and molds. We had a dog out in LA that I ended up giving to a friend that needed a dog for her mom. The dog got fleas once. We used cedar oil. They hate it. The other natural ideas sound good too. You will probably need a lot of borax. I use that for ants mixed with sugar and it kills them...all of them. Takes about a week. So I would think that stuff would work on fleas too. You poor thing. Itchy boob and fleas. When it rains it pours.

Cindy - Yikers!! Hubby is lucky they caught that kidney failure. That is a hard one. Could have been worst. Kidneys we need!! Thank God he is OK. Tell him time to take all this seriously.

Ok so I went to the Dr appt today in a wheel chair. I am not worst but could not tool around that big medical center so my friend pushed me. My asthma was bad today so I had on my blue mask, a bandanna, my stretch bra with my boobs hanging down , no make up much and in a wheel chair. You get the picture. Love this Dr. he comes in and says that my test results show I should be running a marathon. He basically told me that although my disease is in remission my steroid usage may NEVER be done. He told me to keep trying and not be afraid of the symptoms because it is not my Sarcoid. He said my xrays show that my disease is not as bad as we once thought. The tests show I am a stage 1/2. Previously I was a 2/3. There are only 4 stages and the stage 4 is usually when they put you on the lung transplant list if they can  not control it. So I am happy for that. The steroids I am determined to try and dump so I will keep doing what I am. He said if this does not pass within 6 weeks my adrenals will never wake back up so that is that. I guess we have to accept that some meds that fix things also break things.

• katehudson25
    edited August 2013

Bunkie I am sorry about your asthma, but so glad your disease is not as bad. As soon as you are feeling better do something girlie-girl, and go out and have fun. Too much time in that old house is not doing you any good. if you were here, in LA, I would drag you out to fun and sun on Venice beach. I so hope you feel better soon.

My MO said that he still wants me to do 6 treatments instead of 4, but if the blood counts are TOO low on the third week of each set he will cancel the treatment. As for surgery he mentioned that when Dr. Pantuck my 2nd. opinion urologist sees how well I am doing on chemo that maybe he will change his mind about surgery. He also said that if Dr. Pantuck sticks to his original opinion of not having surgery that I should not take it as a bad sign, because it is not necessarily a bad sign. He said I am doing so well responding to chemo that he is very encouraged. After seeing him today I feel even more hopeful. I have my long treatment Monday, but first I am going to have fun  this weekend. I feel great.

Runfree and Bunkie I so hope you both feel better ASAP

Cindy I am praying for your hubby. We are all in your pockets wishing him well 

• RunFree16
    edited August 2013

GrammyR, thank you!!!  That is so very helpful.  I will definitely get some Borax.  Bunkie, "when it rains it pours" is just what I've been thinking.  Same goes times a bunch for you, but I'm so glad to hear your doctor's supportive and more hopeful report.  Kate, you got mostly good news today too, hooray!  I know you don't want to do 6 chemos, but the rest is all good.

I'm off to glop myself with substances.

• MostlySew
    edited August 2013

Kate,  I think that's great news.  Obviously he's so pleased with your progress, and you are too, I'm sure.  So, here's to good blood counts, even if it mean and extra week or 2 of chemo, it also means it's fighting your cancer that much harder too.  Enjoy your fun weekend.

• katehudson25
    edited August 2013

Thank you Runfree and Sew. I am blessed. It really was all good news even though he wants me to do 6 more treatments. Sew, you are right it does mean it is fighting off those ugly cancer cells that much harder. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend. It is a beautiful day in sunny Santa Monica today.

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited August 2013

Runfree, I cant believe how bad your skin got.Thats terrible.Im glad for you that they figured out what it was who would have thought.I hope the meds kick in quickly.And lets hope the flea treatments work.

BUNKIE, Im happy for you that your condition has improved and it sounds like your doc knows his stuff.Hope your feeling better this weather cant be good for asthma.

KATE, Im sorry you have to do more Chemo then you originally planned. But if that means the cancer will shrink thats worth it.

Well my day was much better since I was back in bone Density today.

Brookside your right That ***** was nice as pie today and thanked me for all the hard work I did to get her pre certed. I just couldnt hardly stand to be nice to her.Thats not like me usually Im nice to everyone.

Tomorrow is my Birthday. My hubby is taking me to get my haircut and Im not sure what else we or I should say he has planned.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited August 2013

Josie, Birthday wishes coming your way!!!

It sounds like your day back in the bone room suited you well.  I am glad you spoke up about that negative comment.  Enjoy your day!

Runfree, your skin is really reacting...I have never heard of anything like that - i was a breastfeeding consultant for over 20 years and never anything that extenive.  I am so glad you have a plan and a soothing one too.  Please let us know if it is feeling better.  What an ordeal.  Your RO sounds very human Cool
    I like docs who follow up.

Sew, I don't think it's so unusual to go back for re-excision.  I chose my BS partly because she did not do pathology during the lumpectomy.  The margins may even appear clear but the lab has to systematically examine the tissue  It is highly inconvenient especially with things she has planned.  I do feel very sorry for her in this situation.  Having BC is overwhelming. Are you staying with her or back home?

SAB, did you make a decision yet?

I did not sleep last night...awoke at 4 and started thinking negative thoughts....had to get up and refocus.  not sure why i'm not sleeping...
    Am having an emotional time of it....had some margaritas tonight in town, with dinner, then went to the beach and I wandered off and had a good cry.  Sunday is DD's farewell party and all her friends will be there to see them off.  It will be emotional.  Their house is in contract as of yesterday.  On Labor Day week end, I will go to help with the kids while they pack cars and U-haul - only taking their clothes, toys, etc.  Furniture later with movers.  I will drive with them to their new home and help and stay over.  I wonder if that is better....I guess so, because it will be me "leaving" not them.  Darn, it doesn't matter....I'll just have to get used to this.

Shout out to Janis....has anyone heard?  Are you lurking J?

Gotta get sleep....I will be up at 6 - hair appointment at 8 AM then on to NJ. 
    I'm barely making it.

Bunkie, I am learning a lot from your posts...just wish it wasn't you going through this.  Am hoping for the best and that you will be able to function with fewer meds.  That was a great visual of you being wheeled around today....

Cindy, hope DH is OK and recovering.  What a scare.

Kate, I am very happy to hear that your doc thinks you are responding well to chemo.  Sorry for the 6...meanwhile, do enjoy those days when you feel great.
    Nite all

• josie123
    edited August 2013

Thanks Joan for the early Happy Birthday. You are so sweet. I'm really sorry your having such a hard time with your daughter moving.My sister lives in Connecticut which is so far from St. Louis that it takes like 2 days to drive.We are lucky to see her once a year because none of us could afford to fly out there .I really miss her but I guess she doesn't mind being that far away.She's busy with her 5 kids and she does call me often.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2013

Josie, Happy Birthday and Happy Year to you.

Joan, Change is so hard. I think it's great that you will be there, helping them to move and staying over.  A piece of you will be there in the new place with them even after you go home! Maybe you can dibs a room to stay in on your frequent visits Smile. The dichotomy of parenting:  If we do it well they leave.  You did it well.  She has the courage and confidence to go. Good job Joan.  

Kate I'm so pleased to hear positive news.  

Bunkie, Runfree, gentle hugs your way.

Cindy, how is dh?  How are you?

Yes, Janis is MIA!  

April, I know you can't type right now,hope your hands feel better, and thanks for all the good advice.

I did informally accept this job, but I am waiting for a formal offer.  So I'm not letting myself get too happy yet.

PCP visit today.  She was running over an hour late.  Overall, everything checks out.  A couple of barely flagged items on bloodwork--nothing that can't be tweaked.  Bone density test next week if they can fit me in (if they have a cancellation) has anyone had one?  What are they like?

• RunFree16
    edited August 2013

Happy Birthday Josie!  You are very clever to schedule it on a Saturday!  I hope you have a wonderful day of TLC from your husband and fun or peaceful or delicious things.

Joan, I can hardly think about having my kids move far away from me, although my daughter will be heading to college in just two years.  Do you use Skype?  I would think it would help a lot.

After one application of triamcinolone last night, I woke up with my breast feeling better!  Got up, took off my tanktop, and it was not stuck to me!  Looked in the mirror and was shocked to see that my areola and nipple were the same size and color as the healthy one!  It's been quite a while since that was true.  I couldn't stop gazing at it, wanted to take a picture!  The color of the radiated area is better too.  But the pustules are still there, it's still somewhat discolored, and the incision is still puffy and sore.  Still, amazing progress.  My legs got so bad last night that I got out of bed at quarter to 12 and took an Aveeno bath, then used aloe, then took some Benadryl.  (I just read on the Bottle o' Tamoxifen forum that Benadryl blocks Tamoxifen.  Shoot.  But I'm off Tami for this week anyway.  Do others of you know about that interaction?)  My legs this morning are still itchy, but I'm hopeful about the 2.5% hydrocort for them.  Of course if that doesn't work pretty fast, I'm going to be tempted to use the triamcinolone on them too even though it wasn't prescribed for them.  Neither was the hydrocort.  This morning I showered with my new lemony soap, added lemon essential oil to my moisturizer and used it everywhere (except my chest), put 2.5% hydrocort on my legs, and put triamcinolone on my chest.  I'm taking my daughter to the big city today.  We will both get new glasses, and she needs school clothes.

• josie123
    edited August 2013

Thanks for the Birthday wishes SAB and Run free.

We celebrate my birthday at my MILs .My brother in laws have August birthdays too so we celebrate with one big Sunday dinner and B day cake and presents.

I'm 44 yrs old today.I know I'm getting old.

Joan I hope you got some rest .

Run free, I'm glad to hear your breast is so much better. Sorry to hear the legs are still itchy.

Hopefully you sleep better tonight.

SAB, I guess you forgot I do bone densities for a living.Their very simple We scan the hips and spine sometimes wrist if we can't do hips or spine.

You just lay on the table like you would for an XRay but not nearly as much radiation as an XRay.For the spine we have a foam padded block to put under your knees and we start right below the belly button. It scans up to the bra line.For the hips I put a triangle between the feet and a piece of Velcro holds your feet on the outside of the triangle.This positions hips just right.Very easy test and it only takes a few minutes to complete.Just remember to wear pants with no zipper or snaps.No jeans because they make you unzip them and they usually have metal rivets over front pockets which fall right over hips.

The metal affects the results.Just keep in mind that

Each machine is different and positioning may be different to.

My youngest DD fixed me pancakes for breakfast(chocolate with chocolate syrup on top)

She burned her little finger on the hot pan though.I gave her an ice pack and all is good.I told her some of you the best chefs have probably had some pretty good burns.

• MostlySew
    edited August 2013

Josie

Happy Birthday to you,  Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday dear Josie, Happy Birthday to you....  LaughingKissWinkSmile

Joan, Sab's right, you've done a great job, and now the kids fly.  This will surely be bittersweet, so hang in there.... (hug)

Run Free....all right!  I'm glad you've found something that can clear up that nasty breast skin.  That was fast!  I think your lower legs will do better and better also, heck once the chest is cleared up, your blood can concentrate on fixing the lower legs.  Be sure to keep a strict eye out for Le symptoms.  Your blood and LE system are working overtime right now to get this all cleared up and a simple massage daily is better than a massive flare up (just cautious me worrying).  Hope your shopping trip with DD is great fun today.

Sab, glad your visit went so well.  A bone density (aka Dexa scan) is a piece of cake.  Just ask Josie!  You lie on your back on a table, a large machine (as I recall it's a narrow rectangle sort of thing on a mechanical arm) moves slowly over your torso (spine and hips sort of) and it might make clicks but I can't remember.  Takes about 5 minutes or so.  Not even enough time for a nap!  Does deserve a latte after though...because in my book everyone deserves a latte after any doctor appt. (oh, and chocolate too).  So, no worries for you on the dexa.  And, I bet with all your exercise you'll find your bones are in great shape.

Bunkie, hope you're doing better in your battle with the steroids.  Sounds to me like this doctor was pretty straight forward cautioning that your adrenal system could possibly be shot........BUT the rest of your news sounded great to me.  I know you feel like sh*&, but your system is actually doing better and improving which is wonderful

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited August 2013

Yippee! Happy Happy Birthday Josie :))) Ooo who!

Put another candle on the Bday cake...can see it glowing :)

Celebrate you...celebrate life!

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

44 will never be old...444 is old it's all attitude...get the girlie girl princess sweet 16 diva on its your day! Click your heels and be transported no limits...xo

• josie123
    edited August 2013

Thanks Sew and Cindy, I know your only as old as you feel.

I just went to a garage sale and bought a coach purse for $2 I'm pretty sure it's fake though.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to six flags tomorrow or not . The kids are going with my oldest DD but money is pretty short this weekend so who knows.

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited August 2013

Hi y'all

Voting for no drama! Hubby home BS is hovering around 275 with blurred vision and drunken sailor walk ugh:( next week are dr appts every day. Hope hubby gets his act together. We got party plans and dancing...

Seriously thinking of giving up my lake, packing it up for Cali...if only he loved the beach.

RunFree - yeah girl looks and feels better...fun girls day out shopping...the better to see you!

SAB - congrats on the position:) they will be lucky to have you. BD is a piece of Josie's Bday cake...the easiest of all test...yoga pants and lay there for a few minutes...MO order before AI...reason to pound the bones:)

Kate - luv your attitude princess warrior you r kicking c :) enjoy your weekend we will be prepping the pockets & all will be ready for Mondays chemo...now twirl and spin out all our party crumbs...now do you want Sway or Mambo#5 background music :)))

(((Joan))) - best heart reward is our children's success :) SABs right...you did and are doing great mom! Still close and memory making will be more cherished...we would sit for hours on our curb waiting for gm&gp to visit:)

Bunkie - doing good hang in there! Doc sounds encouraging...spunk girl!

April - sorry AIs so hard and painful. Hope u find 1 that works for you with the least SEs ! How's kitty, DH, and dad?

Sew, Janis,Grammy, GiGil ... Enjoy the weekend...pocket party time!

Oh did fires in ID impact Janis? Oh Jose...retail royalty is in St Louis you game!

Cake batter on nose and icing on chin...sparkle sprinkles all over the kitchen...ready to celebrate...porch and lake sunsets...how about s'mores :)))

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• katehudson25
    edited August 2013

Josie Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fabulous day and a wonderful year

Runfree I am glad you are feeling a little better

Cindy I am praying you hubby feels better soon and all those doctors better take good care of him

Sab I did have a bone density test, but I have totally forgotten what it is like. It must have gone easy, because I remember bad stuff

• BUNKIE10
    BUNKIE10 Member Posts: 670
    edited August 2013

Josie - HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I did not know we were born so close together. I hate to overdo it at times with the description of how I look but I can sure feel the difference nowadays when people look at me. There was an Asian lady in the elevator with me and she was trying to tell me about the mask. Very broken English and I am pretty good after all the years at ATT. Finally I figured out she was telling me just like home. They wear those masks in China or Japan because of the pollution. If we all did I would not feel so bad. They need to make those things skin tone. A beigh instead of that blaring blue would be great.

Mine is Monday. I will be 61. Where did the time go? Seems like yesterday I was 50 and spending time with all my parents. My dad and step mom, mom and step dad. For my 50th I came home from Cali and spent the day with just them and that next year my dad and step mom passed away. Life is strange like that.

Kate - Thanks for the support. I wish I was out there too. We could have a great time at Venice. I need to do some barter shopping for things that cost a ton on the Internet. I am so spoiled. So glad your Dr is sounding positive about your treatment and the chemo will not be much longer. I know you have a long one Monday. Ugh!! Warrior coat...I returned it to you when I borrowed it.

RunFree - What can I say? That demascious earth ( can't spell it) is good also. I forget about that. Works on critters and is natural. Radiation Recall Dermatitis? I knew it was some kind of dermatitis...ugh. Hopefully the cremes will work and you don't have to do the prednisone. Just want to tell you that even though I am at odds with the little pills ( I call em satins tic tacs) there is no problem taking it for a short time. It sucks all the inflammation out of your body in 2 days and you loose about 5lbs. It only gets hard on the body if used for YEARS as a maintenance dose. Did not want you to run screaming if your Dr says to take it. I hope you feel better and get rid of those pesky fleas.

Sew - Thanks for the nod. Yup I am doing better in the other areas. The steroid withdrawal is a constant weakness and my vertigo. It feels like I want to pass out but I haven't. Really crazy.

I missed some but will check back in tomorrow. I hope everyone is doing well.

Sab - CONGRATS!!! Finally someone knows what they will be getting. 

• katehudson25
    edited August 2013

Happy Birthday Bunkie on Monday. I sure hope you feel well and do something for fun .

• RunFree16
    edited August 2013

Bunkie, thank you for the pep talk about prednisone!  I would not mind dropping 5 lbs in a hurry.  When my husband was on it, he ate like a lumberjack, so I was assuming I'd gain weight if anything.  He was also hyper and sort of intense about everything.  But he got up to 60 mg (or 60 whatever it was) for a little while, which was a lot.  His doctor kept saying, "This is a really stubborn case of asthma!  Let's increase your prednisone!"  It took our moving to a different house where he stopped coughing to convince my husband it wasn't asthma at all.  Anyway you are so right about skin-tone masks.  That's your million-dollar business idea.

Cindy I'm hoping your husband's BS is stabilizing and he's feeling better.  Just way too much going on with that guy, and all so alarming.

I just took my Aveeno (colloidal oatmeal) bath, put on my triamcinolone cream, and, new thing, used Aveeno moisturizer on my legs.  I think it's the best thing I've used yet.  The 2.5% hydrocort seemed to make the bites itchier and more visible!  So later today I cheated and tried the triamcinolone on some of my flea bites, but there wasn't any dramatic change.  At least the Aveeno tones down the itching a bit. My radiated skin is still less swollen and no weeping, but it's pretty red and rough and dry.  That's probably part of why I'm supposed to get it wet as often as I can.  I don't think I want to use this triam cream longer than I have to.  It's really powerful stuff.

We went shopping and got some nice things and I got glasses.  But my daughter's chosen pair couldn't be made for her because they were too big for her face, and her center of vision would have been up too high.  They didn't come in another size.  The Lenscrafters computer wouldn't take the data and the staffers refused to make the glasses.  Have you ever heard of such a thing???  My daughter was really furious.  There was no other pair in the store that she wanted, and several she liked OK would have had the same problem.  We are going to order some online for less than 1/3 the price and no backtalk.  We did discover a new Tutti Frutti frozen yogurt store in the mall.  Pick out all your own flavors and toppings, put it together yourself, pay by the ounce.  It's my new happy place in Concord.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2013

Thank you for the kind words Bunkie, and Happy Birthday in advance.  I baked this for you (since Janis is away from the board) but no tasting until Monday! 

Don't worry, it's gluten and sugar free, and zero calories!

Runfree, hope it continues to get better.  Sounds like a gem of a doctor. Sounds like a good solution with your daughter's glasses too.

Cindy, I hope dh is doing allright. Thank you also, for the encouraging words.

Hi Kate, I hope Monday goes easy.

• josie123
    edited August 2013

Thanks for the Birthday wishes Bunkie and Kate and everyone else.

I had a great Birthday.We got our hair cut.It's really cute she gave me bangs and a shorter cut.

Ill post a pic when I get a chance.

We went out for dinner at a small Italian restaurant.

My daughter works there and she didn't know we were coming.She was our waitress of course.It was nice finally being waited on by my daughter. Too bad we didn't get any family discounts.

Over all it was a very nice day/evening.

My hubby got me socks,nightgown,and a delicious cake from a bakery.

I guess I will use half of my birthday money I got from my MIL to go to six flags with the kids tomorrow.

It's going to be hot but I will survive.

• truebff
    truebff Member Posts: 322
    edited August 2013

Happy Birthday To Josie and Bunkie!!!!

And Love and Well Wishes To ALL!

• MostlySew
    edited August 2013

Happy Birthday Josie and Bunkie ...enjoy your days (guess you already have Josie, sounded like fun)

run Free....Hope your chest/boob inflamation is getting much better.  And the flea bites too.  I did get wondering though, did you by any chance get your chest in the sun, just before this all started?  I ask, because my breast/chest would start feeling badly burned even thru a t-shirt when I got in the direct sun during rads.  then it was winter, and by the following spring it would do the same.  No skin damage, because I would put a second layer over it, but it would just start feeling like I was in a fire and turn a bit red.  I was wondering if there was some sort of trigger for this episode of yours.......