Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited May 2016

Josie - OUCH! Yikes πŸ˜ͺ

Happy Mother's Day!

πŸ’•πŸ’πŸ˜Š

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited May 2016

Thanks Cindy you too!

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited May 2016

Yikes Josie, when it rains it pours....

Happy Mothers Day Everyone...Heart

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited May 2016

Josie, just thinking about a dislocation gives me the shudders. But thank goodness they were able to reduce it w/o surgery. (Must have hurt like hell when they did it, though).

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited May 2016

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

Ohhhh, Josie! Boy, must that have hurt! The thought of them yanking it back into position gives me the absolute horrors. You must have been so brave!

It must seem to Sarah that this is her only housing option, but there is always another door (literal as well as figurative) creaking open. Good to keep your/her eyes open, because her current situation might be rather temporary. With hormones galloping all over the place, she probably can't listen to reason right now, but maybe she can at least keep an open mind?

I'm hoping Sean, if he hasn't already done so, will sign up for an anger management program, and that the two of them take advantage of any parenting and partnership courses the community offers. It takes a village, you know.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited May 2016

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Mother's Day ladies! xo

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited May 2016

Thanks Josie and sorry about your injury. I know that hurt. My DH takes the dog walking and has wrapped the leash around some light poles a few times.

Sean's family is in the same house aren't they? Surely they wouldn't let their little darling do anything stupid.

Anger management class is a good idea Brookside. Hopefully he is willing to go. My X SIL took them although not willingly he was ordered to do so by court order.

I bet we can all relate as parents to our kids not heeding our warnings or taking our advice. The thing is though I didn't either at their age. I had to learn everything the hard way.

One of the ladies in my group at church is hosting a get together for Tammy Tuesday night at her house. Tammy is the lady whose BC had metasized to her hip. She and her DH have a house here and one in Ohio where she is from and her family lives. She is leaving for Ohio May 14 and won't be back until December. She will be treated at the Cleveland Clinic. We are all supposed to wear pink as a show of unity. Certainly will do that.

Happy Mother's Day everyone! So blessed to have my children in my life. I received flowers and chocolate berries and more flowers and dinner. I really miss my Mom.

Diane

• JuniperCat
    JuniperCat Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2016

oh, wow, Josie! I hope you heal up quickly!! How on earth did they pull it back into place? It sounds so painful!!

• edwards750
    edited May 2016

One of the ladies in our group at church had a party for Tammy last night. She is the lady whose cancer has metasized to her hip. She is leaving for her daughter's wedding in Knoxville in a week and then onto Ohio until December. She is from Ohio and has a house and family there. She will be treated at the Cleveland Clinic.

She is upbeat but cautiously optimistic the cancer won't spread elsewhere. We are all praying that is the case. I can't imagine waiting for the other shoe to drop. That's no way to live.

We all wore our pink shirts as a gesture of unity and support. She was so appreciative. She has tremendous faith which certainly helps her get through the day. She said the chemo drug hasn't caused any real SEs.

It's a beautiful day here. I am off to the community center track to walk with my friend.

Have a good week!

Diane

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited May 2016

Diane,

That's so touching.Dont give up on her yet.Remember my cousin I was telling you about?She had a double mastectomy 10yrs ago and now had it in her spine,liver and lung.She has 2 small children .Well I have been praying for her daily along with a bunch of our people.All her scans are now clean.No evidence of cancer.Miracles still can happen

• edwards750
    edited May 2016

Josie - thanks. I do believe in miracles. Your cousin is proof. We have another lady in our group who had cancer and wasn't expected to live. That was 10 years ago too. She has had multiple medicsl scares. Another miracle. She has such incredible faith.

Tammy went to daily Mass with a friend from the group and then talked privately to our parish priest. He is the king of the one liners but talking to him gave her a sense of peace. Her son who is in college is taking it very hard. I know he is scared too. Her daughter is getting married next weekend in Knoxville.

One of my nephews is getting married tomorrow in Louisville, Ky. DH and I originally planned to go but several issues have come up and we had to cancel our trip. I'll miss seeing my sister and BIL but hipefullywe can travel to Kennesaw (Ga)this summer and see them.

Have s good weekend everyone!

Diane

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    edited May 2016

anybody here near Forestville NY? I really need a part & I'm not sure if this guy will ship, so I'm looking for someone to pick it up & ship to me. Thanks in advance.

• april485
    edited May 2016

Sorry...if it was Forestville CT, I would do it but I am no where near the above. Hopefully you find someone to ship it for you!

• MostlySew
    edited May 2016

Charger, I'm sorry too...I'm near Forestville Ca which also doesn't help

• edwards750
    edited May 2016

Me either Charger. Sorry I live in Tennessee.

Diane

• 70charger
    edited May 2016

no prob ladies I had to try. Big hugs.

I know I've been absent, have been feeling like complete crap for 2 mos now. Dizzy light headed, like I'm going to pass out then nausea. Yes finally went to Dr. Exhaustion, not enough uninterrupted sleep. Sleeping pills are giving me 7 hrs now. Still doing not much of anything then back to bed to sleep some more. Sucks cause I'm used to being so active, but body has just burned out on me.

Hugs to all

• MostlySew
    edited May 2016

charger, sorry to hear you've been feeling "punk". Hopefully you'll feel much better after a week or so of good sleep. Sleep deprivation is definitely debilitating. Sleep well...

• edwards750
    edited May 2016

Bummer Charger. At least now you are getting some sleep and in time hopefully you can be more active. Sleep deprivation catches up with you. I don't require a lot of sleep but when I don't even get that I'm really dragging. My DH on the other hand can sleep all day and night. Working 65 hour weeks isn't helping but he has always required a lot of sleep.

Okay this is THE week - my 5th year mammo is Friday. I'm a nervous wreck of course. At least my appointment is early@9:15. There isn't enough Valium to calm me down.

Diane

• MostlySew
    edited May 2016

Diane,....a good stiff drink? Nightly until Friday? We're here to help

• rmlulu
    edited May 2016

Diane - in your pocket (((squeeze)))

Five years...we need cake balls, wine, and a disco ball...πŸ˜œπŸŽ‰πŸ’•πŸŽˆ

Ok, for now calm sleepy thoughts...maybe some peace and calm essential oil on your big toes melatonin and warm milk...good night Mr Moon

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• 70charger
    edited May 2016

Thanks ladies

Diane you'll do just fine but I really think u should take sew's advice .

Good one sew

Nice to see you in loop here cindy.

• edwards750
    edited May 2016

Thanks guys. I'll take your advice Sew. I think my friend Tammy's situation with her cancer coming back is doing a number on me. She had no forewarning. No symptoms, no pain. I know her BC isn't the same as mine because her's was aggressive from the getgo but still too close to home.

I so need to get a grip. I'm trying and praying too.

Diane

• 70charger
    edited May 2016

Got an e-mail from a friend we met them in Mexico at the resort & they live in B.C. The e-mail was to tell me to hold off on e-mails as "she" is moving & will have limited service. I got a bad feeling, so I googled her husbands name & sure enough her husband of 44 yrs passed away in Jan & she forgot to tell me. Imagine my shock. Damn cancer. Just waiting to hear back from her I replied before googling her husband so I simply asked her if there was something she forgot to tell me. Feeling sad today.

• edwards750
    edited May 2016

OMG I bet you were stunned charger. So sorry. 44 years is a long time. She must be so devastated. It seems every day we hear about someone we know suffering or dying from this horrific disease. I feel encouraged by the zillions pumped into cancer research but the losses of life keep happening. I know we have made progress but it is slow moving.

I know people who lived the healthy lifestyle but still got cancer and vice versa. Makes no sense.

I'm sure knowing you are there for her will be very comforting.

Diane

• edwards750
    edited May 2016

Mammo today - all good! Yea! So relieved and so blessed. Last ONC visit in August. End of Tamoxifen. It seems like a lifetime ago since I was DX but I have been to the 5 year milestone. Thank God.

Diane

• april485
    edited May 2016

High five Diane! May you have another 50 years of great mammo results!

• rmlulu
    edited May 2016

πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’•πŸ˜œ. Yippee! 5 years...wow! So happy for you DIANE!

Congrats...now party time...cake balls please!

πŸ’•πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• 70charger
    edited May 2016

Happy dance with Diane.Congrats!!

• MostlySew
    edited May 2016

Diane....congrats. What a wonderful mile stone and you passed with flying colors ThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUp

• april485
    edited May 2016

image She is getting soooo big! I am sad she isn't a baby anymore. She is 19 months now.