Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited June 2016

April,

What a cutie!! Thanks for sharing.They grow up so fast.

Sorry I've haven't been posting lately.My DD moved back in with her 2dogs and I've been busy.She finally realized how crazy that guy was. He flipped out on her and when she threatened to leave and began packing he took out a knife and threatened to cut himself but ended up just cutting his arm.

Glad it's over with.But I wish she wouldn't allow him to go to Doctors appointments and such.He needs help and supposedly is getting counseling.He lies a lot though.She seems so much happier back at home.We don't really have a room for her but she sleeps on the couch and has a dresser.She thinks she will find a place soon.

I had my radiation oncologist appointment today.He said I could start seeing him yearly now.I was seeing him every 6 months so that's good.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Susannah so nice to hear from you.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited June 2016

• josie123
    edited June 2016

Diane,cute!

• edwards750
    edited June 2016

• edwards750
    edited June 2016

Thanks Josie. Okay you guys don't laugh I'm trying to post pics. I am so ozone sometimes. Obviously these are the twins. Jackson is the first one; James in the second. They are our pride and joy as are all our grandchildren. The twins are almost 9 months.

April - adorable pic!

I know it's not the ideal situation for DD Josie or you guys for that matter but somehow you will find a way to make it work. Personally I'm relieved she is with you. Her BFF or X is emotionally disturbed. He needs serious counseling. At least DD is safe with you.

Have another friend who was DX with BC. This lady is older and has a lot of medical issues. She has suffered so much. Sweetest person ever.She and her DH are meeting with the doctor tomorrow. Don't know any details yet. Please pray for her. Her name is Pat.

Thanks.

Diane

• josie123
    edited June 2016

Thanks Diane,

I know I have a lot to be thankful for.Im just not feeling it tonight.

Kind of Melancholy or disappointed in myself.I just sometimes don't know why but get down

• josie123
    edited June 2016

Sorry for the moment of feeling sorry for mysel

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited June 2016

(((((Josie))))). We love you!

Oh, my baby joy...cute X2

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited June 2016

Awwww Diane, precious little boys! So adorable. Made my morning to see them. Thanks for posting. I just love babies!!

Josie, it is not your fault that your daughter met the wrong man to fall for. If women had a buck for every time another woman fell in love with a jerk, we would all be VERY rich.

BTW, in example of that, my daughter broke it off with her fiancé 3 weeks ago. He just keeps saying they will move in together "soon" (they live 96 miles apart right now) and do the commute to work (living in the middle of both jobs) but then he backs out. My daughter pointed out that they are not getting any younger (4+ year relationship) and they need to start their lives together.

My point Josie honey is that he is an ATTORNEY! So, jerks come in all types of wolves clothing - suits and ties and backward baseball caps. My daughter is just upset that she gave him so many years of her life. She also still loves him as he is a good boyfriend in other ways but sheesh. Sh!t or get off the pot as they say. Sooo, she is nursing a broken heart too. Don't let it get you down. It is so hard to see our kids hurting.

Have a great day ladies. My heart is hurting too. All of those beautiful kids in Orlando slaughtered like sheep. They just were out to have a night of dancing and fun. It is so easy to become depressed and internalize what is happening in this world. We have to do whatever we can to get through.

Love to all. It is the only thing that makes sense in this life. Love.

• edwards750
    edited June 2016

Thanks guys they are too cute!

April - I love your descriptions - funny and right on. We do want our kids to find THE one but unfortunately it's not our choice to make. I totally agree your DDs - April and Josie -deserve better. A lot better. The longer the relationship lasts the more difficult it is to break it off permanently. I should know I did the same thing with my X.

Just so you know while the little guys are a blessing neither DH or I think their mother is the one for our son. We think he is in a no-win situation with her. We know he wants to raise his sons and we admire him for that but she is part of the package deal at least for now. He is determined though. He stopped drinking months ago.

Good grief Josie you are entitled to whatever feelings you have. Don't ever apologize for them. We all understand completely.

Definitely pray for the victims in Orlando and our country. There are no safe havens anymore.

Diane

• josie123
    edited June 2016

Cindy,

Thanks for the hugs.

April, that's really a shame about your daughters situation but at least they weren't married yet.Maybe he got cold feet or started thinking about a prenuptial.Thanks for the pep talk and understanding.

Diane,

Thanks, I know I have the right to feel the way I do.Its just embarrassing since I tend to share a lot more on here.But I wouldn't share if I didn't think people cared.I appreciate all of the support.

I hurt my back about 1 1/2 weeks ago just by setting my purse down. And it was so painful to even take a step so I asked my primary to give me prednisone.3 more days left.The point is I don't think I'm sleeping as well on the prednisone. Maybe that's why I was feeling down last night

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited June 2016

Josie, I'm so happy your lovely daughter is back home! I know the arrangement is not ideal, and that she very much wants to be out on her own, but I kind of hope she will take a couple of weeks to just decompress and regroup. When you shift gears in a car, you have to spend a very brief period in neutral, no? She's had a really stressful time, and a little timeout before she jumps back out on her own may seem frustrating in the short term, but could yield significant benefits in the long term.

I'm sure your emotions have been rollercoastering all over the place for the past couple of months, so it is not at all surprising that sometimes you feel down. Now that things seem to be moving in a positive direction, your adrenaline level has probably plummeted, leaving you with a pretty good case of the blah's. A bit of a timeout might be good for you too.

Diane, they are so cute! And so lucky to have such a loving grandma!

April, so sorry about your daughter's engagement. I hope the cad will quickly realize how very lucky he has been for the past four years.

• april485
    edited June 2016

LOL Josie, my daughter earns almost twice what he does. She is a partner at a law-firm and he works for a college in their legal department. Public sector pays a lot less than private does so she would be the one with the pre-nup! LOL He is selfish and whined about commuting for an hour and 15 mins a day and the cost of tolls (mind you between them they probably make a quarter of a million dollars a year but tolls are a hardship? What a BS artist!) and how they will end up too tired to have any kind of life and on and on. My daughter finally said she had been patient with him long enough. Shit or get off the proverbial pot. She told him that she was tired of waiting and to take a hike (of course it was more in depth than that..lol)

Hope your back feels better.

One thing I do know. My daughter is a catch. She is smart, beautiful and loving/good to the core. She also makes a very good living. image

• brooksidevt
    edited June 2016

April, what a gorgeous daughter you have!

Do you think the ex might be kind of losing it? Angsting over tolls is, as you point out, simply not logical.

• april485
    edited June 2016

Brookside, it was pay the piper time and he knew that after the step of living together it was marriage time. He claims (to this day) that he wants to spend his life with her but he won't sacrifice the commute? His excuse is they will forgive all of the law school loans if he works public sector for two more years so he can't take a job closer to Boston where my daughter works until then so they were going to try the "halfway" thing. (he works on the other end of the state)

But, when it came time to do it, he made lots of excuses. My daughter said she would not marry him until she lived with him first (smart girl) so that means they are kaput. Oh well, commitment phobes are everywhere these days from what I understand.

She will meet someone who deserves her. She is sad because she really loves this guy. sigh...it is what it is.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited June 2016

I've found that Valium or Flexeril work better on a wrenched back--and they let you sleep

• edwards750
    edited June 2016

Thank you Brookside. I do love them so.

Your daughter is gorgeous April and she is definitely a catch! She will find someone who deserves and appreciates her. She is still very young.

It does get easier to manage over time Josie. April's daughter's BFF seems to be dodging marriage and DS's GFF is doing the full court press on him to tie the knot. Praying he won't

Diane

• josie123
    edited June 2016

April,

Your daughter is gorgeous.And smart.She will find someone who will treat her better and appreciate her.

Brookside of course your right.I actually was able to go to her OB visit today.Even though she allowed her idiot ex to come also.He and her had an argument on the way home about her baby shower and where she have it he wants to be involved too.and he tried to stop the car and pull the emergency brake and pull her key out of the ignition.She came home in tears.She then gets a text that says she better not flipout on hi again or he will give her something to flip out about.

• april485
    edited June 2016

OMG Josie, he is still overtly threatening her like that? She needs to get a protective order! That young man may hurt her or the baby. I hope he is just full of hot air and likes to say things and will not actually do anything to her while she is carrying his baby. I hope she stays clear of this jerk!

Hugs!!

• brooksidevt
    edited June 2016

Ditto April.

And there is no reason for her ever, ever, ever, again to get in a car with him. Should she delay seeking the order of protection, and should there be somewhere they both need/want to be, then they absolutely MUST arrive in separate vehicles. And she must take care never, ever, ever, to be alone with him again. MUST! No exceptions! I need to add, "!@#$%^^&!"

And she needs to make it crystal clear that if he ever hopes to be near that baby, he must immediately sign up for an anger management program.

• edwards750
    edited June 2016

It's unanimous Josie your DD has to stay away from him as much as possible. Maybe your DH needs to give this clown a reality check. He is dangerous. Seriously. I had s friend who had a BFF like that. She finally got an order of protection but was scared.

What about his parents? Do they know what a psycho he is? I would make sure they did. What a prince he is threatening a woman much less a pregnant one.

Diane

• josie123
    edited June 2016

April,Brookside,Diane I agree and I hope she will think twice about even being alone with him. I don't know why she hasn't gotten a restraining order on him.But I think she's finally realizing how crazy he is. She is a smart girl and I am there for her and do what ever I have to to keep her safe. I appreciate all the suppor

• edwards750
    edited June 2016

Btw I reached out to Janis. She gave me her personal email address. She hasn't responded. If anyone else knows another way to contact her please do. Kind of worried about her.

Diane

• josie123
    edited June 2016

Diane,I called her today and Janis called back.Said she's doing fine and tickled how concerned I was about her.

Just wanted you to know

• edwards750
    edited June 2016

Thanks Josie. Hope she posts soon. Glad she is okay. She knows we care but it's nice to be reminded.

Hope all the dads had nice Father's Days. It was my youngest son's first. Still hard to believe he has 2 children. Bought he and DH gift cards. Son bought DH a pressure cooker. He's delighted with it. Loves to cook.

We had lunch at GFF's sister's house. Cute house and good food but boy the house was hot. Lots of people but I think they had the thermostat up too high. DS and DH took the twins to see their great grandfather. He was so happy to see them. Forgot to remind them to take a pic of all of them.

Missed my dad a lot yesterday.

Diane

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited June 2016

Hi everyone, after far too long!  I wish I could explain why I have been absent for so long.  I am so sorry I haven't posted in forever.

Josie, thank you for your call, it meant the world to me to hear from you and 'the gang'.

I haven't read here in so long, and can't catch up today but promise I will soon.  I care so much about you ladies!

I am doing really well.  Chuck has had two cataract surgeries, and yesterday another surgery to remove the excess skin from his eyelids.  His field of vision was dramatically impaired by the droopy lids.  Seriously, when I first saw him after surgery, bruised and swollen, my initial reaction was that I really had not seen his eyes in years!   Today he went in for his post op visit and his vision is now 20/20.  The sutures will be removed a week from tomorrow.  Right now he is on frozen pea therapy for the swelling.  He is doing great.

I promise I will return and catch up soon.  Again, thanks so much for thinking of me and caring.

Diane, I owe you a long letter.  Soon my friend, I promise!

love to all!

• josie123
    edited June 2016

Janis,glad all is well with you.Thanks for letting us know your ok

• april485
    edited June 2016

Yay! Hi Janis!!

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited June 2016

Hi y'all!

Janis - yippee good to hear from you!

Hee hee 🎉🎈🎂😊 Dexter scan and Zometa infusion done what a way to spend bday...nurses were so funny when they connected the date and realized bday. Time marches on..yeah!

Getting ready for girls night out and slumber party here. Yikes it is so hot in the desert beyond norm...pool time.

(((Hugs)))

Cind

• edwards750
    edited June 2016

Hi Janis, so happy to hear you are doing okay andyes you do owe me an xtra long letter. Haha. Glad your DH is on the mend. Mine is having cataract surgery in one eye next month.

Awesome Cindy! Have fun on girls night out and slumber party.

Friend had lumpectomy today. Her BC is triple negative. Ugh. Path report back next week. Praying it hasn't spread. She has suffered so much already.

Diane