Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Podcast: Hope After a Triple-Negative Diagnosis

Options

Comments

• Cratty
    Cratty Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2017
    Options

thank you! yes. It scared me, too. I thought I was on a good path.

• Abloorable
    Abloorable Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2017
    Options

yay! That's wonderful news - half way through my Chemo it's great to read xx

• placid44
    placid44 Member Posts: 179
    edited August 2017
    Options

Five years today since my TNBC diagnosis. I'm different, life is different, but I'm certainly thankful.

• vlh
    vlh Member Posts: 768
    edited August 2017
    Options

Wonderful, Placid!!!

Lyn

• placid44
    edited August 2017
    Options

Thanks, Lyn

• MomMom
    MomMom Member Posts: 334
    edited August 2017
    Options

Congratulations Placid!!!!!! You did it. Be happy and well.

Paula

• placid44
    edited August 2017
    Options

Thanks, MomMom!

• Shank
    Shank Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2017
    Options

I am a 10 year triple negative breast cancer survivor!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,067
    edited November 2017
    Options

Dear Shank,

Welcome to the BCO community. Thanks for sharing your survivor status with triple negative breast cancer. We hope that you might stay connected here. You can be an inspiring voice to others. We look forward to seeing you around. The Mods

• vlh
    edited November 2017
    Options

Great to hear, Shank!

Lyn

• ABCMom
    ABCMom Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2017
    Options

Congratulation! It's a great encouragement for the rest of us TN. Thanks for sharing!

• Smootzy
    Smootzy Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2017
    Options

It's very encouraging to read your post. I'm newly diagnosed with the exact diagnosis as yourself. It's been a whirlwind!!! I guess you just have to trust your oncologist about the chemo treatment drugs? My doctor said he was throwing the kitchen sink at me. I'm worried but hopeful. Your post gave me some hope. Best wishes to you.

• Smootzy
    Smootzy Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2017
    Options

I have just been diagnosed with TBN. Chose to have surgery first then chemo. It's been 3 weeks since surgery and in a little over 2 weeks I start chemo. Is there a standard treatment for TBN, or do you just trust your oncologist that he's giving you the proper meds? I'm so concerned about the chemo and that I'm getting the right drugs.

• dangelillo
    dangelillo Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2017
    Options

I also have triple negative breast cancer. I have 2 tumors in my left breast and one tumor in my left axillary lymph node.Grade 3, don't know the stage yet. Tomorrow morning I go for my first chemo treatment. I'm happy but nervous. We're doing chemo before surgery in an attempt to shrink my tumors first. We will then decide on the type of surgery.

Anyone else in the same or similar situation? For those women who lost their hair, how soon after chemo did you end up shaving your head? Has anyone tried B-12 or anything else that worked for the fatigue from chemo??

• NewToThisStuff
    NewToThisStuff Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2017
    Options

So just met with my doctors and settled on this treatment plan for my Preliminary Stage 2A (pre aspirated cyst) triple negative invasive ductal cancer, grade 3.

- Lumpectomy w/ lymph node biopsy on 1/11/18

- Chemo (AC)- 4 rounds ever two weeks /2 months

- Chemo (Taxol)- 12 rounds once a week/3 months

- Radiation - 4 weeks, daily./1 month

I’m praying for God’s strength and healing power to get through this

• Scaredbunny
    Scaredbunny Member Posts: 17
    edited December 2017
    Options

Hi Dana. I am a new BC girl. Just wondering how you are doing now ? Thx maeve

• donnadio
    donnadio Member Posts: 674
    edited December 2017
    Options

Dana,

I am glad you found the forum as it works so much for support and being educated on this journey! I have been a triple negative BC survivor since 2009 surgery and had chemo. The hair thing, was after my first treatment (TX)where I felt some loose hairs and wanted to take the lead on this step and had my hair person cut it off. I had ordered wigs in the meantime and just did what I had to do to feel ok as best I could and do one step at a time and one day at a time. It was all a step of faith as you just did not know what to expect. Having the right Dr and medical team will be a gift too~

I had Grade 3 too and Stage 1 .. did do chemo after a Bil MX and tumor on left breast. Being that I had the BRCA Gene1 i did not regret this deciision and soon ever had my ovaries removed. Just now did I have a leaking implant, 8 years later... and had only one turn out ok in 2016 surgery as I had a infection when done and to date with just one implant. Not sure what I want since that surgery!

Hope TX #1 went ok and always keep hydrated. rest and know we are here for you!!!

Hugs,

Donna

• donnadio
    edited December 2017
    Options

Hi newtothis stuff!

Wishing you all the best as we are all in this together. My journey was in 2008 and triple negative and grade 3, BRCA Gene 1 and had ovaries out. I opted for a BIL MX in 2009 surgery and then 4 rounds of chemo . Tax/C.

You will get through this, one step at a time and one day at a time. We are here for you and know that this journey is doable and you are never alone!! IF there are any questions, let us know, During treatments, hydrate and of course rest alot. Your surgery being in January is when I had mine back in 2009!

Hugs,'

Donna

• Hariry
    Hariry Member Posts: 100
    edited December 2017
    Options

Hi ladies, I almost fainted when being informed the diagnosis of B.C., at the age of 41. And a further damn triple neg (God knows what) following the surgery!!!

Been through the surgery, port, first round of chemo.... now only I'm feeling a little sense of secure. Not easy.

• vlh
    edited December 2017
    Options

Hi, Hariry! Although none of us want to be a part of this group, it's good that you find yourself among those who understand what you're experiencing. I hope that your chemo goes smoothly with minimal side effects.

Lyn

• donnadio
    edited December 2017
    Options

Hariry,

Good thoughts going your way and take it one step at a time, one day at a time. It is a journey and coming here was all I could do to maintain and not become too fear based. You are not alone in this and i just got educated on it all and talked to members here to help me through what i did not understand or did not think I was strong enough to do etc!!! This is where the help will be always!!! Prayers going!

Donna

• Sweetybert
    Sweetybert Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hello Smootzy,

My oncologist said the same thing to me. She threw the EVERTHING at me including the kitchen sink and I survived. TNBC is beyond scary but my faith, family and my job got me through the chemo. I had my last treatment of Taxotere yesterday. I cried and hugged the staff. I'm on to radiation now waiting for my appointment. You can do this just follow your doctor's instructions and get lots of rest.

The steroids really did a number on me, I gained 20lbs so it's weight watchers freestyle for me starting next week lol. When I look back at my journey I can't believe how much my life has changed. So i embrace the change and contnue to move forward. So will you my friend so will you.

Sweetybert
  • Sweetybert
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hello Shank

That's an awesome report.

• Sweetybert
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hello Hariry,

It will get better. I had the same treatment AC 4 rounds Taxotere 4 rounds. Last treatment yesterday. Please follow your oncologist instructions. AC treatment I was fine, Taxotere treatment floored me. I had neuropathy, dizzy spells, insomnia (up now lol) but my oncologist prescribed glutamine 3 times a day with 100% fruit juice. Neuropathy gone, more rest helped the dizzy spells, but not the insomnia (2 out of 3 isnt so bad to me). Insomnia will take some time Smile. I am preparing for radiation treatment 4 weeks and then I'm done. My oncologist said she will see me in May. Now I'm having separation anxiety from not seeing her every 3 weeks but I'll get over it.

Note: have your port flushed every 6 to 8 weeks if it is not removed after your treatment.

Sweetybert

• Hariry
    edited January 2018
    Options

Thanks ladies, you girls are amazing!

Sweetybert, I laughed at your "separation anxiety" with your beloved MO lol. How I wish I can soon wave goodbye to her

• Doodles1
    Doodles1 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2018
    Options

hi everyone. Im new here. My last radiation tratment was july 2016. So Ive been through all of this. Still having side effects. Finally finding some answers on this site. Rib pain, dizzyness caused by neuropathy, and fatigue. Hage been really hard for me. Because I thought it would have all gone away a long time ago. Please dont let my story scare you though. Im definately not the average tnbc patient. Most of you will be fine after treatments. Sometimes it takes a year. But consider what your bodies are going through and be patient with yourselves. I was so anxiouse to get back to "normal" but now there is a new "normal" and it is different for each one of us. I fount a physical therapy place to treat my dizziness and neuropathy, waiting for a call from lymph edema clinic. Turns out sometimes your Lymph fluid settles arpund your ribs. Causes pain. Also something called Myofacial release at Physical Therapy can relieve rib pain. I just learned about it today on this website. My pain has been horrendouse but now I have HOPE. So no matter what happens on this journey dont give up looking for answers. My Oncologist just kind of shrugged his shoulders at my pain, dizziness, and fatigue he had no answers. But here on this site from ladies like you I have found some answers and hope. So dont give up.k

• Hariry
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hey Doodles1, thanks for sharing. I know, the lymph edema and pain around nodes. - armpits, neck, and chest. When the edema sat in my entire arm was swollen and tender and warm. Easily felt the tortuous vessels beneath the skin. So so debilitating. Twice so far for me, and both happened after I've gone for some infrared sauna. Dare not go again.

• momkidsgrandkids38
    momkidsgrandkids38 Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2018
    Options

I'm new to the forum. Why are you having a second surgery? How long has it been since you've had surgery?

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,067
    edited March 2018
    Options

Hi Momkidsgrandkids38-

Hi, and welcome to BCO! Were you replying to a specific member in the thread? If you need some assistance finding forums that may be of interest to you, just let us know!

The Mods

• momkidsgrandkids38
    momkidsgrandkids38 Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2018
    Options

Hello and thank you. Yes I was trying to reply to a specific post. I see that didn't happen... I hope I did it right this time