Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Podcast: Hope After a Triple-Negative Diagnosis

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited October 2019
    Options

Sonia, - I have heart issues, too. My onc made chemo more tolerable for me by dividing the A/C and thus lessening the side effects. I was put on blood pressure med while on chemo, too. Doses can be adjusted as needed for all meds! You'll get through it!!

• mcmarilyn
    mcmarilyn Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hi Ma'am,

My mother is diganosed TNBC. Dx last Apr 2015. Recur and mets last June 2018 and still undergo treatment upto present. I would like to seek advice because we are already losing hope.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,980
    edited October 2019
    Options

mcmarilyn, welcome to the BC.org Community, although we are sorry that your mom's situation brought you here.

If you want more information on this type of cancer, please visit Breastcancer.org's Triple-Negative Breast Cancer section. Here in the discussion boards there are other forums you may find interesting too, like the Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer, Open to All To Contribute forum, and For Family & Caregivers of Loved Ones With a STAGE IV Diagnosis forum. Feel free to jump in there and introduce your self and share yours and your mom's story, they'll welcome you with open arms!

Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing more from you soon.

The Mods

• momkidsgrandkids38
    momkidsgrandkids38 Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hello Sonia,

I can understand your fears I to had them. The journey for me wasn't/isn't straight forward. My third chemo was supposed to be promising, but here I am again faced to make another life altering decision. As you know I am currently taken Abraxane and atezolizumab, which is a combo of chemo and immunotherapy. Based on my latest scan the treatment doesn't appear to be working.

I am not sure if you have a higher power or not, but I am putting my trust in him. I choose to believe the truth verses the evidence. Positivity is key no matter what the evidence shows.

I have to dig deep within myself and know that I am strong as well as a fighter....

My blessings to you and your family.

• Mistiferlyn
    Mistiferlyn Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2020
    Options

It's so nice to have this site with people who totally get it. I was wondering of anyone that's survived had lymphovascular invasion. My initial biopsy showed none but after my mastectomy, which was march 24th, it showed it. I had clear margins, negative lymph nodes and tumor went from 2.5 cm to 0.6 mm. I have been trying not to focus on a reaccurance or metastasis but it's hard. My PET scan prior was clean but I know that doesn't predict the future. I have a friend who passed a year ago at age 45 from TNBC that metastasized to her lungs and brain so I'm very nervous. Thank you all, you are all amazing survivors..and to you just starting best of luck.

• Numb
    Numb Member Posts: 307
    edited March 2021
    Options

Just had result of my 5 year mammogram - all normal limits. Deo gratias. Never thought I would see the day, I was so scared of being Triple Negative ILC and didn't find many people with the same diagnosis to compare with. So there is light at the end of the tunnel.

• piperkay
    piperkay Member Posts: 132
    edited March 2021
    Options

Congratulations, Numb! What a wonderful feeling to know you have made it so far. Thank you for sharing you great news! Anne

• SoulShine1969
    SoulShine1969 Member Posts: 2,843
    edited March 2021
    Options

Numb, that’s great news! Congratulations on your clean scan!

• vlh
    vlh Member Posts: 768
    edited April 2021
    Options

Belated congratulations, Numb!

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,310
    edited April 2021
    Options

(That's such a good user name, Numb!) I'm so glad you can put this crap in the rearview!!!

I'll be 3 years out at my next appointment in July. Knocking wood, but feeling good!

• jennyscoffee
    jennyscoffee Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2022
    Options

Wishing the best on every check up appointment! I am still going through treatment (my last treatment is Feb 15, 2023).

Sincerely Jenn