Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Jewish Warrior Sisters

Options

Comments

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited November 2011
    Options

Liz, Sorry you have to be here, happy to meet you.  By now I hope you are out and doing well.  

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited November 2011
    Options

Liz, I hope the surgery went well and you have a minimal amount of pain and an uneventful recovery.

Also, I read on another thread that Eema had her exchange today - hope all went well for you, too.

Leah

• Eema
    Eema Member Posts: 403
    edited November 2011
    Options

Ma nishma banot? What's up girls?

I thought I posted here, but I guess not. I had my exchange yesterday. 3 week after the hyst/ooph. I'm exhausted. PS had to do "significant" pocket work. My new girls are high profile, 500 cc's, bigger than I expected. I don't think I would use him again. I also had to have a

mole removed from my leg that required stitches.

I will feel better tomorrow, I hope. Oy! It is only 6:23 am !

• Eema
    edited November 2011
    Options

Liz, sorry you have to be here, but what a great group of women!

• SAB
    edited November 2011
    Options

Feel better Eema!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,506
    edited November 2011
    Options

Eama....wishing you an easy recovery......I had my ooph 6 weeks post rads then 6 months later had exchange....my 1st set of implants were 300cc high profile and I hated them....I felt that the only thing people saw when they saw me were my boobs.....I eventually had them swapped out for 200cc mid profile....naked they look like hamburger buns on my chest, but in clothes, I look like the "old" me.....hugs....Karen

• lizcarolan
    lizcarolan Member Posts: 14
    edited November 2011
    Options

Thanks. Surgery went nicely. I'm feeling much better now. Just spending one more night in the hospital. I needed that. This morning I couldn't get up, or keep anything down. Now I'm walking around. Morphine is highly over rated. Torodol is much better. Thanks for not letting me be alone

• SAB
    edited November 2011
    Options

It's good you had a bit of extra rest Liz.  Now that you're home take it easy!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,775
    edited November 2011
    Options

Glad you're feeling better, Liz. I also had a very unpleasant reaction to morphine. I'd had it several times before without problems but this time it made me very sick. Rest as much as you can. It does get better!

Caryn

• goldie123
    goldie123 Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2011
    Options

hi all I just discovered this forum.I'm new to bcorg but not new to bc I love this page because i feel we are all mishpucha- family. and who doesnt like to talk to cousins. I'm stage 4 so i go to that forum and I' afraid I'm becoming an addict, its the first thing I do when I get home from work

• rachelvk
    rachelvk Member Posts: 564
    edited November 2011
    Options

Liz - Rest up! Wishing you a smooth and speedy recovery.

Eema - You take care, too. Glad you got through your exchange okay, even if it sounds like you got more than you bargained for. All that is so far down the road for me - my first fill is probably Monday, so I'm still at the 100 ccs put in during surgery. 

• rachelvk
    edited November 2011
    Options

Goldie - welcome!

Shabbat Shalom, all. It was sort of sad lighting my candle by myself after having my Mom here the three prior weeks. But I don't always get to light, so I'm glad I've made it four weeks in a row

• dense
    dense Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2011
    Options

Hi everyone,

We are not observant, but since my diagnosis we have been having Shabbat dinners with candles, chalah and wine.  I wanted to do it, to slow life down a bit.

Anyway, I brought home my two prostheses yesterday (Friday afternoon).  Somehow I felt it was really funny to have them.  They are much smaller than the original equipment, but each one has its own case, and the case is huge.  I am going on a business trip on Sunday.  My husband bets that the cases will take up at least 1/2 of my carry-on case.  Anyway to add to the general levity induced by the acquisition, I wanted to say a blessing over them on Friday night.  Well, the night has passed, and I did not know how to say it in Hebrew.  So I am wondering if someone can help me out. Would it be thanks for "bubbot hadashot", or is it just thanks for the new dolls? Just curious.

• rachelvk
    edited November 2011
    Options

Dense - Welcome! And we especially are glad to have another great woman with a fantastic sense of humor. I think the first idea would work fine (though we might have to wonder whether 'bubbot' has any real meaning in Hebrew. Not sure).

Out of curiousity I looked online and didn't find anything specifically - but there are other women out there seeking a Jewish response. Here's a link with a few suggestions:

http://www.ritualwell.org/categories/64#

• Leah_S
    edited November 2011
    Options

Welcome to Goldie and Dense!

Hmmmm......bubot is definitely dolls. Maybe "..shenatan li koach v'yecholet l'hamshich" - who gave me strength and ability to go on". Fitting for a lot of things.

Hope all had a good Shabbos. My dh and I went to my daughter. As usual the grandkids made it wonderful.

Leah

• lizcarolan
    edited November 2011
    Options

Welcome Goldie and Dense. I love the sense of humor.

Eema- Hope your rest and recovery is going well. I had my hyst and ooph  in 08. Cant immagine going through everything at the same time. Guess that's ultimately why I didn't do DIEP. Do the perm implants feel more comfortable? I feel like I have iron plates welded to my rib cage.

All in all it's good.

• Eema
    edited November 2011
    Options

Hey Girls,

Well, I got the drains out today and am on 72 hours of 'not moving.'  I was told I can't move for that long because of risk of more fluid/infection.  Blah.  I guess I'm not going shopping on Black Friday!  I asked if I could run into the supermarket to get some granola, and the NP asked, "Can't your husband do it?  STAY STILL!"  So I'm trying really hard!  

But liz, the new girls are MUCH more comfortable than the old ones.  I don't have fill ports in my arm pits, for one thing.  And they are squishy!

OK, I'm tired.  Going to find some food and rest.  Love to you all!

• rachelvk
    edited November 2011
    Options

Thanks for the update, Eema. You've always got so much energy that I can just imagine you trying to not move! Just keep counting those hours down. As for Black Friday - are you allowed to use a computer? That might ease the frustration a little...

I am so looking forward to squishies. Had my first fill today and it's not bad, but I'll be looking forward to my exchange.

Liz - I had the same reasons for not doing a DIEP, though in my case they said they would have to take some muscle on one side, and that was a deal breaker right there. That said, I'm thinking down the road I might just go ahead with a DIEP if I decide the implants aren't doing too well. But it would have been hard to recover from a bmx with the additional stomach healing. 

• exbrnxgrl
    edited November 2011
    Options

Please say a prayer for me. My diagnosis has rapidly changed. I am scared, shocked and confused about how this happened. I have a single 2 cm met to my hip. Starting Arimidex immediately and have appt. with RO tomorrow. Caryn

• Eema
    edited November 2011
    Options

So sorry to hear this, Caryn! Is your name on the misheberah list? I will pray for you.

• rachelvk
    edited November 2011
    Options

Caryn - I might try to go to services this weekend and do a misheberach. You're in my prayers even now.

• SheriBell
    SheriBell Member Posts: 32
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hi Ladies - I am a MOT as well.   I am so glad we have this thread!   I am 4 months PFC and have about an inch of hair.  How come my hair seemed to grow so quickly when I was paying for haircuts!  Now I would love to pay for a haircut but alas, I have no hair to cut!Embarassed
  • SheriBell
    SheriBell Member Posts: 32
    edited November 2011
    Options

P.S. my profile pic is me with one of my 5 wigs I have purchased.  Might as well have fun with this right??

• SAB
    edited November 2011
    Options

Caryn, praying for you.

Everyone, thankful this year for meeting all of you.

Susan 

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited November 2011
    Options

Caryn, keeping you in my thoughts.

• lizcarolan
    edited November 2011
    Options

Caryn, I'm praying for you and asked the gang that has been doing prayers for me to put you in as well. (((hugs)))

• hrf
    hrf Member Posts: 706
    edited November 2011
    Options

Caryn, so sorry about this new development. The hormonals can do a great job of preventing progression. 

• Leah_S
    edited November 2011
    Options

Caryn, I'm so sorry to hear about your mets dx. I have bone mets, also a single met (mine is to sacrum). I'm on Femara and Aredia and have been stable for almost 1 1/2 years.

As an interesting thing, 5 or fewer mets is called oligometastasis and only a very small percentage of those with mets present this way.

That's me, trying to distract you from your fear. I live with it and most of the time I manage to push it away. I live a close-to-normal life, my onc calls this a "chronic condition" and most of the time I believe it. But there is still the fear.

SheriBell, welcome. The wig is lovely! The hair will eventually come back. There is also a thread called MiSheberach where you canput your Hebrew name. We daven for each other - it's another way of supporting each other.

I'm also asking everyone to add my friend Shoshana Chaya bat Golda to your lists. She was dx with bone mets almost 2 years ago and very recently mets were found in her liver and lungs. She is young for this - about 46 - and has 4 children (they're 16,14,12, and 10).

Leah

• exbrnxgrl
    edited November 2011
    Options

G-d bless you, Leah. You have no idea how much comfort that new word brought me. Did a bit of googling and it made me feel much more positive about my situation. Please read the Sept. 2011 thread for details of my RO visit today. Caryn

• goldie123
    goldie123 Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2011
    Options

i had a tough day yeasterdy. my onc told me my tms went up with my bone mets even though i feel much better.. an hour later my mothers doctor said it time for my 91 year old mother to become a hospice patient. she has late stage lung cancer.

she has been living with me since she was diagnosed 10 years ago and never realized that i myself had gotten breast cancer 5 years ago,even through surgery, chemo and radiation .  i credit my quick recovery and easy sailing through chemo on the fact that god didnt want to cause my mother any more suffering.  [she had already lost one daughter to breast cancer]  my mother is my insurance policy for an easy time even when i was diagnosed with a recurrence 6 months ago.  i was almost hoping my mother would live to 120 just to keep me ok, but she is not doing well now .  i have to admit i'm now scared for myself too.   i'll be ok i'm just feeling a little everwhelmed right now