Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Unhappy with areola tattoo--what can be done??

Options
2»

Comments

• kar123
    kar123 Member Posts: 72
    edited November 2011
    Options

Another option could be a skin graft.  When I had my nipples reconstructed, the PS took skin grafted from my inner thigh used it as the areols.  Pinked up nicely on their own.  I may need to get a little color on the actual nipple, but I am happy with the areola color.  I also din't have to worry about the 3d effect.  It looks very real.

• Stix
    Stix Member Posts: 610
    edited January 2012
    Options

Has anybody used Vinnie Myers for  tattooing or color correction? 

thanks

• Stix
    Stix Member Posts: 610
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hi everyone-

I had color correction and reshaping  done by vinnie. Just waiting for it to settle so I can see the final color results- I may need another visit- he mentioned to me it may take a couple of visits when I sent him pictures way back .I will keep you posted. The shape  looks better so far.  I should have started with him but the NP seemed so confident that it was going to look great when she was done. And, I never knew someone could screw up a tattoo -  Actually, she is not a NP- they call her a NP- but, she is a nurse clinician-so I found out through paperwork that she signed-unless she  signed her CNS credential- but forgot to sign the NP credentials.  But, going through NP school is tough-so, it is unlikely that she forgot the credential after that uphill battle of the  NP school.

My question is: Why aren't people getting mad about these people in the PS doing sub-standard work?  Why are we as BC survivors  letting this go on?  Is there a state tattoo board that I can make a complaint with? Any suggestions would be helpful Thanks!

Thanks

Vicki

• Hopefloats41725
    Hopefloats41725 Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2018
    Options

How do you get ahold of Earleen? i had mine done twice and twice they wouldnt talk ink. The insurance paid the first time and I paid the second time. Never have they showed color, just scars. On top of that the scars are offset. Hate my boobs. Ive been living like this and ashamed since 2010. The breast surgeon even cut the bilaterals in an offset manner. The left incision is horizontally scarred and the right (that wasnt even cancerous) wa sliced and cut diagnally! Then my implants are not big enough the skin is wrinkled over while I am in an up position. Very sad about my breast. Tulsa, Oklahoma

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,226
    edited April 2018
    Options
  • fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,795
    edited May 2022
    Options

hi Amy, I liked your question about the PS. My guy was the first to tell me that he was not an artist. He did a great nipple, that has flattened some over the years. I let him do the tatoo and it was pretty ok, but it had been 8 years and I want to go to Vinnie to fix the fading.

Also, my PS told me he had a breast cancer patient whose husband was a tatoo artist. When he say the equipment they used he was appalled. Said a tatoo artist tools are way bette