Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Does Dimpling Mean Cancer??

Options
2»

Comments

• SunnyInFLA
    SunnyInFLA Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2011
    Options

Tenmom, did you ask the Dr about not hitting the breast and possible necrosis?

• Tenmom
    Tenmom Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2011
    Options

Yes I did. He said that is common! He said most do not remember hitting their breast. He said it could be as simple as running into a door. Apparently our girls are very sensitive :)))). He did not say this but I read that big breasted women are more prone.

• SunnyInFLA
    edited December 2011
    Options

In case anyone wants to see what this pesky dimple looks like I created a blog

http://scaredshirtless.blogspot.com 

• Tenmom
    Tenmom Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2011
    Options

Yep that's a dimple. Ok chickie, did you read on fat necrosis? It said dimpling!!! I'm not all saying that is what it is but cancer is not the only cause of dimpling! :). When I read what fat necrosis was it said dimpling because the lump is pulling skin inward. All masses would do that. Benign and malignant. Mine was not dimpled because it was tiny. But I could see you hitting that side and not knowing it. You are big breasted. Again not saying what it is but that possibility is there. All along my docs thought cyst but wasn't. It was fat necrosis. But also, fat necrosis resembles BC in imaging so don't freak tomorrow if they tell you to get it biopsied.

• SueI12345
    SueI12345 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    Options

I felt that I needed to add my bit here, I started with dimple/indent, then the lump could be felt and I had discharge from the nipple.  Mammo, US and MRI all  came up inconclusive.  My Dr referred me to a surgeon and he did an excisional biopsy and removed a benign tumour.  This is what was pulling the skin inwards.  To all appearances it was cancer, I am so pleased that I went for the biopsy as I had geared myself up for the worst possible scenario.

I am hoping that your result will come back B9.

(((Hugs)))

• SunnyInFLA
    edited December 2011
    Options

Just got back. Mammo showed a cyst, which was confirmed by the doctor on u/s as well. A small cyst around 12' oclock and I was told I have lots of gladular tissue. The lighting inside the office made it so where I could not duplicate the dimpling for the tech.. Doctor said if dimpling was caused by a mass she would see it on the U/S. I feel 80% better that nothing was detected on mammo and U/S, but still paranoid about the dimpling. Still no answer for the dimplling which honestly scares me more then the lump/cyst I felt. Any ideas what I should do? They won't do an MRI because of no family BC history. Should I just let it go and be happy that it showed nothing of signifigance on the tests today, or should I seek further info because I have read several stories on here where Mamo and US found nothing but they pressed for a biopsy and something was found. UNGH.. HELP.. Suggestions please. 

• Pinkisin4me
    Pinkisin4me Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    Options

can I ask how the dimple diagnosis turned out SunnyFL? I recently discovered a small dimple on my right breast 

• beesie.is.out-of-office
    beesie.is.out-of-office Member Posts: 1,435
    edited March 2014
    Options

Pinkisin4me, this discussion thread hasn't been active since December 1st 2011, and SunnyinFLA hasn't been on the board since that date.  In her last post (on a different thread) she said that the ultrasound found only a cyst.  

Do you have or have your had breast cancer?  I notice that your diagnosis line indicates a Stage 0 diagnosis.

• SashaHart
    SashaHart Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2017
    Options

Did you get rid of your cancer? what stage were you when you found out?

• MTwoman
    MTwoman Member Posts: 228
    edited October 2017
    Options

Sasha, the original poster did NOT have breast cancer. It is actually quite common for women who are very worried to post a lot prior to their eventual b9 diagnosis. Then, they don't come back to let folks know.

• Shenandoah
    Shenandoah Member Posts: 22
    edited October 2017
    Options

Mine was..one of the most ignored but important signs to send you for a mammo.