Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Canadians in British Columbia

Options
19596979899101»

Comments

• bluesky1969
    bluesky1969 Member Posts: 80
    Options

Hi all; Its been a long time since I've written. I was very sad to see the Moth passed away. I wish I could message w her rn. She answered one of my first posts about a biopsy - she explained everything so clearly that I knew what was going to happen before it happened. The time she took to walk me through the process helped me immeasurably.

I had my final recon surgery in Jan 2020. Because implants have been bothering me I decided to go flat. As a part of the run up to surgery I was given a PET scan the week before last. Results showed a couple lymph nodes in the interior chain lit up.

Does anyone know if false positives are a thing in PET scans? Has anyone had one? Not quite sure what to make of it other than it's bad news.

Thanks all : )

• bluesky1969
    Options

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,058
    Options

bluesky1969: Hi!!! I wondered what happened to this thread. I don't think I answered your query about Dr. Sasha. I am just now waiting on the results of my last PET scan and …well… we all know about what goes through our minds. I am sorry I can't answer the false positive. Maybe they will run other tests or perhaps do a biopsy. If it helps I have this "anomaly" in my upper left arm that lights up in PETs. I ended up with an MRI and a bone marrow biopsy.. It still lights up and it is still an "anomaly". Dr Sasha and I laugh that is Gates' tracking device from my first Covid jab or maybe an implant following an alien abduction. I hope and wish the best for you.

I was so sad about marianelizabeth, moth and Pots. I got to know Ann (Pots) quite well and I think we could have become quite good friends had we met under happier circumstances.

Let us know how it goes!!!!

• gladis
    gladis Member Posts: 43
    Options

I still think of her kindness, when I was first diagnosed with IDC and had just moved to BC/Canada, Moth was so knowledgeable!

A bright light in the gloom!

Remember her videos?😄

(and her educational stats reminders)💔

After a lumpectomy/surgery, no rad treatment, ( long sad story)

and trying letrazol, landing on exemestane...

1.5 yrs later...

Today, the mammogram techs looked for a mole during my contrast mammogram after we thought I was finished.

( I don't have a mole😔)

They talked to the doctor...

Then

BC cancer took more contrast pix and didn't elaborate.

BC Cancer said I'll get the results in one to two weeks.

The wait is excruciatingly painful and the fear just becomes a familiar terrorist.

• bluesky1969
    Options

Thanks for reaching out Elderberry. I love the Gates conspiracy theory joke! Def going to poach that for future use.

Gladis, thanks you for sharing what's going on with you. I'll keep you in my thoughts and wish for the best outcome. We'll battle the terrorist together.

I appreciate when I call out into the universe that you responded. It's a comfort when the sword of Damocles dangling above your head. One of the tough parts of this dreaded situation is the metaphorical waiting room. Little info and lots of imagination to run wild.

I did request my PET report which was sent promptly. The last line reads "however, the right internal mammary lymphadenopathy is far more concerning, particularly given the patient's history, is highly suggestive of malignancy."

So that sux. Working on getting a biopsy asap, and won't take a month long wait laying down. I have my boxing gloves on :)

Be well BC Ladies…

• bluesky1969
    Options

Also - any thread suggestions? I'm kinda lost on this New & Improved site. Haven't got my bearings yet.

Any and all recco's welcome

With thanks

• gladis
    Options

Same, I'll keep you close in my thoughts BlueSky,

and in my pocket ;-D- still Moth and Wren <3)

I haven't gotten used to the new and improved site

(and the frequent MODs!)

Oh my goodness, Eldberberry, I heard today that my 'activated' lymph node

(other breast/june) might be a Covid- Vax souvenir

-perfect to poach -chuckle

thanks!

The Universe hears US 😍😎

Here with you BC strong~

My girls~friends to the end

• dearlife
    dearlife Member Posts: 634
    Options

Hi Everyone

I haven’t posted in a long time either. I don’t like the changes to this site but it’s a lifeline and I’m glad to see you here. I miss Moth too, and Marian and Pots.

I hoped to get my five year graduation certificate from the Cancer Agency this spring. Well, my cancer breast passed but now the other one is causing trouble. I am having another lumpectomy in October after months of tests, scans, a biopsy and so much waiting. Luckily it is not invasive, but DCIS, a pre cancer that has to be removed since I am a high risk case. I don’t know yet if I will have radiation. It probably depends on the final pathology after surgery.

I know I am lucky that it is still in situ, but I do hate this terrorist that ruins sleep, spoils vacations and takes away dear friends.

Gladis, you summed it up so well.

BlueSky and Elderberry, crossing my fingers your scans turn out just fine!

❤️

DearLife

• bluesky1969
    Options

Where's Wrenn? please tell me she's ok…

Just catching up. Read about Pat/Saddieservant - I'm not a writer, not sure I can capture the thunk and hollow in my stomach reading that she's gone. Insert Fword here. So unfair to lose her and Moth, Mariane and Pots. Fword.

• gladis
    Options

Good evening BC women warriors!

Bluesky1969, I’ve only hope that if Wren isn’t here…it’s good news!

I read in a comment here that most of us are on this forum

because of sorry a$$ news on our backdoor.

Mostly, those who can FLEE,

Do.

Totally Understandable.

I hiked to a prayer tree on Vancouver Island and placed a shell…and said a prayer for Moth.

We never met but I felt compelled by the Force <3

We have connection and impact -some still <3

That thunk is real, BK1969

You relayed it perfectly.

While I didn’t know Pat/Saddieservant , it still is loss

Of a beautiful connection…Pots, Marianne and more…

(I hear Moth again 😫)

It is all of us, it is everyone. <3

May next week turn all our scans to better news 🙏 or if you aren’t feeling that.

🤞——

Better than the feel we are carrying now

-without data.

UGH

F&*%Cancer!

On an UP note!!!

Wonderful to have you here Dear Life and sorry too that you’ve got to go through this

But cheering your ‘’tude’’😎

Wishing you all a goodnight Canadian warrior women of BC.

• bluesky1969
    Options

Funny (?) story:

I've been taking the last of my lorazepam a few nights this week. Tried to only take a sleeping pill last night but couldn't stop my brain. I keep a safe in my bathroom for heavier drugs like lorazepam. (I have a hx of kidney stones and two teenage boys in the house so need to keep everyone but me drug free.) At some point in the night, mildly sedated by zopliclone, I opened the safe, took a lorazapam, then I guess decided that I'd keep them out of the safe for easier access. Reader: I have looked high and low for them - I've hidden them on myself. Outsmarted myself - likely hid them somewhere in my room thinking that while they are out of the safe, they should still be hidden.

Anyway - that's my day so far xo BlueSky

• gladis
    Options

Worrisome but imho:

part of our poor brains on scramble whole we"anticipate" the next scenario.

Hope you find them soon Blue Sky🫶

• bluesky1969
    Options

Hi all; me again.

My baseline is anxious.

I have a call w MO Monday am and a U/S guided Biopsy Tues am. Biopsy is done w a local so that's good I guess? Because my interior mammary chain node lit up I thought I would need a deeper biopsy.

Good new/Bad new story: I'll have been biopsied a week after I read my PET Scan report. Great that it's quick, and I'll have information. Bad news that it's quick? Shrugs shoulders.

Managed to go for a walk today for the first time this week, which is good. Going to keep walking.

I had about 12 calls back and forth w BCCA today trying to book a lab appt. Was a gong show. Hope that's extent of the broken telephone game. So odd - each person telling me something different. In the end I asked the med assistance to fax the req over to my local lifelab.

If anyone has any ideas on different pages/threads I should look at please let me know. I'm dazed ; )

It's a beautiful night, hope you are enjoying it wherever you are.

• gladis
    edited September 2023
    Options

Blue Sky, I'll be thinking of you Tuesday🫂

I'm at BCC and Lions Gate on Wednesday for an MRI

( follow up to a sarcoma/schwanoma) I'd love to meet up one day if the stars align.

Serious good luck!🙏

• bluesky1969
    Options

Thanks Gladys. I'll be sending good vibes on Weds hug 🤞

• gladis
    Options

I know it's too soon but thinking of you Bluesky1969🫂

• bluesky1969
    Options

Thanks Gladys. I hope your MRI went well.

My biopsy turned into an adventure, but not the fun kind. I ending up w half a collapsed lung.

I don't blame the Dr who preformed the biopsy because they tried their best to get a sample from a very tricky spot (I didn't get how tricky) and I appreciate the effort trying they took trying. I was pretty sore after, surprisingly sore - I obviously wasn't expecting it. Took 2 Tylenol, slept all afternoon and tried to sleep again at night, but couldn't. I was up all night coughing and couldn't get comfortable. MO called mid day to explain the unsuccessful biopsy and heard me unable to speak without coughing. She insisted I get an X-ray at BCAA, so off I go in an Uber to get the X-ray, which was done quickly. Back home in an uber, try to rest for a couple hours until My MO calls me to direct me to the ER immediately. Was a long 48 hours, a chest tube, not enough pain meds at points, but was back in my bed on Fri.

I have a PET scan early Nov to compare/contrast the 2 nodes that were hoped to be biopsied. Very deep, and too close to my lung. Not great info.

I'm considering getting a second opinion from US hospital. Working on that now, and as soon as I can fly I'll likely proceed.

Thanks for reading. Be well all xo

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

@bluesky1969, we're sorry to hear what you're going through, and the biopsy didn't go as planned. We can imagine how challenging and frustrating this must be for you. If you decide to go for a second opinion, here's some info from Breastcancer.org:

Good luck! Hope you are feeling better soon!

The Mods

• bluesky1969
    Options

Thanks Gladis. It is all so hard. And disorganized. I'm sorry you have to suffer through all of it - and more. I'm sending hugs

Thanks Mods, I'll have a look. I'm a bit lost right now.

Next PET early Nov, and hopefully a second opinion between now and then.

be well, P

• cathy67
    cathy67 Member Posts: 411
    Options

Ladies,

I have not been here for a while, cause I don't like the new website. Some updates for myself, I am on 1 year routine now, my MO said this when this May's mammogram was done with clear result..

Whether 6 month or 1 year, all make me worried. 6 month makes me exhausted with unending checkups, 1 year makes me worry if more frequent checkup needed.

I also miss those wonderful ladies who visited this thread, moth, the lady who introduced me this place and gave me lots of info when I was here in year 2019.

Lets support each other.

I will be back here more frequently.

Wish you a happy holiday season.

Cathy

• cathy67
    Options

bluesky1969,

If I remember correctly, it is wrenn who message me doctor 's contact info, now in my message history, this id is deleted user. I hope she is fine.

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,613
    Options

It has been a loooonnng time since I popped in here. I am doing well. I think. I always say subject to change without notice. Because that is the truth, isn't it? In fact it's the truth for everyone's life but seems more ominous after a cancer diagnosis.

Shortly I am going for yet another ultrasound as there is a 'thing' in my good boob that they have been monitoring for almost 2 years. No one has suggested a biopsy so I'm not sure how big a threat this 'thing' is. What does concern me is that for these ultrasounds I get booked into whatever hospital can fit me in. One hospital finds the thing and one never does. One u.s machine says, yup, there it is, vascular and lurking. The other u.s machine says, I don't know what we're looking for but it's not here. I find the vastly different outcomes of these two machines/ techs in different hospitals, scary as hell !! Is one seeing something that isn't there? Is one missing something that is there? It's very unsettling.

Hope all are doing well and no frozen fingers in this crazy cold snap we are having!

• cathy67
    Options

I have not been here for long time, I wish everybody doing well. I just got my annual mammogram and ultrasound booking info, it will be on June 17.

• elderberry
    Options

Hi: I always seem to forget there is a BC women's thread. I miss moth, pots and mariane. I met those three ladies at a Cactus Club lunch back in 2019. I used to visit Pots (Anne) as she lived close by. She had a lovely back and front garden and when I last saw her, about a week before she passed, she showed me her latest clay projects. Losing Pat was a shock.

runor: Hi! Hope you are warming up. It is going to get close to 20 C by the weekend here. Yay! Then we can all whine about the "heat wave" :-) We whimps on the Wet Coast love to bitch -

bluesky1969: what did the PET say? Scanxiey is awful.

gladis: I saw my last post way back about the "anomaly" in my upper arm. It is still there, glowing brightly as ever. It was finally given a name, which I can't remember, other than it is benign, so it's all good.

Hello Cathy67

I spend most of my time in Mel's living room (.My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer) but I haven't posted there for a long time either but I read almost daily.

• cathy67
    Options

Elderberry,

So glad to see you here again! I hope you are doing well. Yes, we almost forgot this thread, I miss they three as well.

• elderberry
    Options

cathy67: I am doing pretty well. Of course I freak out anytime something "doesn't feel right" but scans have been good. Has anyone heard from wrenn?

We adopted a special needs cat. She is about 4 and has been shuffled from pillar to post. She suffers from anxiety disorder and chews her fur off then scratches herself raw. So here we are, Billie chewing and scratching and me biting my nails :-) Fellow travellers? She is settling in quite nicely and the raw neck she had is cleared up. She still scratches like mad on her e-collar, but each day gets better. We want her fur to grow back a bit before we take it off to offer some protection should she start up again. She has turned into a total snuggle bug at night.

I found her in the bathroom sink the other day! I should post this on the "cats,cats, cats" thread.

• cathy67
    Options

Elderberry, so cute she is! I hope others will drop in and send us updates, will be good news for sure.