Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

February 2012 Chemo

Comments

• Myleftboob
    Myleftboob Member Posts: 983

Moon

No no, don't be ashamed.  I'm not taking it personally at all!!  I didn't realize about your Mom either!  You can yell at me anytime hun.  I'm doing H too and I often wonder when I've been really tired if the heart function had been reduced somewhat or if it was just fatigue from the chemo.  You've experienced more SE's than most of us though.  C'mer and give me a hug!!!

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

(((Hugs)))

• gigborn
    gigborn Member Posts: 11

Christina and JenH    I am sittin here having TX#5 and they just told me that I also have to have my ECHO as soon as possible.   So I understand the scare.    I continue to be very low on magnesium and have been getting IV doses twice a week.  But remember, we are all heading to an end of treatment - at least somewhere in the future.  Just need to  continue to hang in there and stay joyful.    No doubt that this all sucks, but everyone on this board has been a great source of information and comfort to all of us.  Thank you each and everyone who takes the time to share.

• lumpynme
    lumpynme Member Posts: 497

haven't had the computer on for a few days so thought i should check in...

STILL waiting for job offer- found out that CFO has been working from 2 offices so not around to sign off on pprwork- and they have really outgrown the bldg so no place to sit if i start- however- expecting "the call" anytime--today would be nice!!!!

i'm noticing eyelashes thinning- really miss my brows...and so tired of not having hair....tho not having to shave IS nice....

this week is a week off- next week MO and surgeon appts. not sure how soon chemo will start again but expect to have to get PICC inserted again soon...

is Taxol as tough on veins as AC?  not sure if that's what i'll be on- guess i tend to put cart before the horse,,,,

trying to enjoy gorgeous weather...still wishing i had a porch! still wanting to move.

grit-susan--i'm encouraged that you are getting positive responses on that website....the gang is right that asking for help is very hard...

sending hugs and positives to all of you!

• Myleftboob

Hi Everyone

Just got in from meeting with the RO.  She did present at the tumor board meeting and the decision is NO RADS!!!  Its what I thought anyway but its comforting having more than just  my RO chime in with their opinion.  She said "I hope to never see you again unless its a wave when you're here to see your MO"  Me too!  So back I go tomorrow for my SIMA test.  Today was nice enough to park at the mall which is about a 10 minute walk each way.  Wow my legs are kind of weak, need to walk more.  I've been a bit lump of late.

• gonegirl
    gonegirl Member Posts: 1,022

MLB, that is WONDERFUL!!!!!

Congrats. So nice to be spared something.  Cool

• moonflwr912

MLB, happy dance for you! I too feel the weakness, but I can't even Walt to the docs office from the car without whining. LOL guess we both have work to do. LOL. Lumps, hope you here soonest! Much love to all.

• Myleftboob

Thanks gritgirl

Yes it is nice to be spared something.  Now on to Herceptin I guess until December and Tamoxifen for a couple of years then whatever else they deem I need.  Thats OK I'm not going to complain.  Now if I could will my hair to grow somehow LOL!  Right now I have little white 1/2 or a bit less wispies, although I'm getting some stubble back along my hairline so its going in the right direction.  I was saying to my sister today that I wish I had one of those faces that suited short hair, but Halle Barrie (spelling?) I aint LOL! Love her hair though.

• moonflwr912

Just curious, is it six of is having heart scans this week or next? Seems weird LOL

• Msbelle
    Msbelle Member Posts: 160

So glad im not the only one who feels like she ran a Marathon when only walking through the parking lot. I exercised daily prior to this and can't barely go now. Chemo wrecks havoc but its not going to beat us!!

• Myleftboob

Moon

That is weird that we're all having scans this week.  I suppose its normal though considering we all started chemo around the same time.  I've never in my life been to more doctors appointments.  I have more appointments than my 84 year old Mom!  Re the weak legs, I just figured I was having too much couch time the last couple of months.  I've gone walking a couple times a week for like an hour but today was different.  I even wore my runners today and not a boot with a heel or anything which I normally do.  I've worn some type of heel forever being that I'm 5'4 and my DH is 6'3.  We dont' even hold hands when we walk, I feel like a 5 year old.

• moonflwr912

LOL, I am picturing all of us in a parking lot, grunting and groaning, b*tching and moaning about the walk. LOL. I gotta get that image out of my head, LOL! Just remember you guys have to leave me room for my cane, it takes up a Lotta space, but at least it ain't a walker! Roflmao! Gotta love this stuff.

• gonegirl
    gonegirl Member Posts: 1,022

It would actually help to have someone nearby who was going through this too.  At least I wouldn't feel so alone in my exhaustion.

Chemo is some potent stuff. It kills cancer and kicks the crap out of us too. 

• Myleftboob

gritgirl

It would be nice if some of us lived closer. I just started chatting with a gal on the Canadian thread and its seems we were both at the hospital today and again tomorrow.  I'm waiting hear back from her as to what time she might be there so we could meet in person and mabey have a coffee. 

Moon

That image cracked me up!

• moonflwr912

Grit, try a thread for DC area, maybe?

• Jag1110
    Jag1110 Member Posts: 51

Grit-do you have a Gilda's club in your area? They have been a big help to me with group meetings and lots of other activities, sometimes it's nice connecting with someone close by. Everything is free, they have helped me more that any organization.

• moonflwr912

Is it a bad thing that the only thing that sounded good to me tonite was a can of cold spaghetti? Um, it did taste good....

• christina0001
    christina0001 Member Posts: 449

My legs are weak too! Glad to know it's not just me.

And I miss hair too... *sigh*

• Myleftboob

Moon

Not if you enjoyed it!!

• JenH13
    JenH13 Member Posts: 155

omg... I thought maybe it was just me.  That maybe my RBC was really low because I just feel so weak in the legs this week. I can only stand for so long before I need to sit down. and walking up the stairs in my house? phew!

Grit girl- I so wish I lived closer to you!  You can come visit Indy if you want :) I hope you can find a group- support group or others who live near you. Maybe check with your treatment center to see if they have one to help out.  We are all here sending you virtual hugs!

Ugh! trying to watch American Idol with my 2 kids is impossible!! lol side tracked thought of the night!

• moonflwr912

So grateful whoever mentioned the weakness first, as we see, so many have it and thought it was just us. So nice to know we are not alone. I have to admit I only take a shower 1-2times a week, cause I can't face the stairs. AND NO, I don't stink (well other than the chemo smell LOL) cause I do a good washup in the sink. LOL

• AEM47
    AEM47 Member Posts: 177

Ladies

My legs are weak also  - as well as arms.  I could feel it on the 2nd week after treatment 3 and here we are 2 weeks post last treatment and the same damn thing....very frustrating.  MO said UP THE VITAMIN B's.  Especially B12. 

Boy do I hope this passes soon Undecided

• jap62
    jap62 Member Posts: 993

Had taxol #2 today.  I have to t ake steroids 12 and 6 hours befor tx so I have been up since 4 am. I'm tired but can't sleep, I hate steroids.  My legs are weak as well.  All started with the taxol. I also get joint, bone and muscles pain for days after tx.  2 more to go.

I came up with a ditty about taxol.

TAXOL TAXOL YOUR SUCH A BLAST,

I CAN'T WAIT TILL YOUR IN MY PAST.

EVERY OTHER WEEK YOU COME AND CALL,

IT BRINGS ME TO THE WAILING WALL.

I CAN'T WAIT TILL I SAY GOODBYE,

I'LKL SEND YOU OFF WITH A BIG HIGH FIVE!!

gritgirl I wished I lived closer I would help you out on my good days, but DC is one place I don't drive too, scares the hell out of me.

you are in my prayers. 

• Myleftboob

I've been firing off some resumes lately.  For the most part I never hear anything but I got a call tonight and an interview tomorrow.  Its in a industry that I used to be in quite some time ago.  I'm going to go for sure but I'm wondering how I address needing to go for herceptin and a MO appointment every 3 weeks???  Any ideas anyone??

• moonflwr912

Straight up and tell them that they'll have you for a good long time and that you will be a very good employee for them cause you know what is important!

• JenH13

MLB,  There is no need to mention it in my opinion on the first interview.  IF There is a 2nd interview then maybe it can come up.  The first impression should be why you are great for the job. what you can bring to the table not what you cant.  Go into the interview that you already have it.. confident. To me its the same thing as being pregnant.. they should consider you for your ability not oh she is going to be gone.  There is always ways around the other stuff once you get past the first impression. :)

Thats my official HR opinion lol

• JenH13

ok another SE question.. does anyone have any tingling in their face?  The MO said I might have some in my toes and fingers which I have only once.. but this week I have had it a couple of times around my nose.. isnt that really odd?  I still am dealing with tx5 SE and did have some dizziness so not sure. I will ask tomorrow but figured since more than one person had the weak legs maybe id ask.

Thanks!!

• AEM47
    AEM47 Member Posts: 177

JenH13 - are you maybe getting lightheaded?  sometimes the face can feel alittle numb or tingling when you're lightheaded...just a thought.

• Myleftboob

Jen

Your right, first impressions first.  I'm sorry I can't be of any help on the face tingling though.  Mind you if I'm going to have a coldsore breakout which isn't often (even under my nose sometime) I get tingling then a coldsore.  For some reason I used to get them alot in my twenties from stress.  I'm actually surprised I didn't get one during the last 5 - 6 months with all that's gone on with being DX. 

• faithhopenluv
    faithhopenluv Member Posts: 154

Jen, I have a numbness in my face w taxol. Not really a tingling but not quite right. It definitely started w taxol and is strongest closest to treatment. When in doubt, blame chemo.