Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

February 2012 Chemo

Options
1165166167168169171»

Comments

• christina0001
    christina0001 Member Posts: 449
    Options

Hi Alice! I hope you are well. Fortunately my biopsy turned out benign, they said it's just a lump of scar tissue. no one seems to know why I would have a lump of scar tissue in my abdomen. Especially at this point. I can only assume it's for my reconstructive surgery, but my primary care physician thought it was odd for this to develop years after the fact. But since it's not cancer nobody is worried about it, so I don't worry about it either. I hope you are doing well too!

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,937
    Options

Merry Christmas to All!

• Alicethecat2
    Alicethecat2 Member Posts: 27
    Options

Christina

Great news about your biopsy! Scar tissue sounds very comforting.

I kept getting lumps and bumps checked out for four years after chemo. A lipoma, a dropped lacrimal gland, non-troublesome sarcoidosis - on and on it went but all turned out to be benign.

So pleased yours is too.

Happy Christmas

Alice

• Alicethecat2
    Alicethecat2 Member Posts: 27
    Options

Great to see the wonderful Moonflower here.

• moonflwr912
    Options

Happy New Year Everyone!

• gonegirl
    gonegirl Member Posts: 1,022
    Options

You too. Sorry I forgot to check this list.

• moonflwr912
    Options

LOL. It tends to slip off the favorite list. LOL.

Hoping all are doing as well as possible!

• dltnhm
    dltnhm Member Posts: 420
    Options

Popping in to say "hello" and send hugs across the miles. Today one of my Facebook memories was from 7 years ago - I ran the Firefly Run in Chicago and I had just completed my radiation treatments two days before! I just knew I was going to have an extra GLOW that night! Ah memories and accomplishments.

In October I start my 8th year on Tamoxifen barring a change at my annual check-up. Even though I haven't had a period since chemo pause in February of 2012, my body still likes to make estrogen - so all my numbers are not postmenopausal. I have complete confidence in my oncologist so we have stayed with Tamoxifen. And I have stayed with her even though we moved, because it's just once a year, I work it into a visit to the kids, and she knows me.

Our two oldest boys are living in Denver now, and our youngest and his wife live in Kenosha, WI. Ron and I are in Lakeland, FL. He's been here a lot longer than me. He is the Planned Giving Director for the Arthritis Foundation for the southeastern United States. We commuted to see one another until August '18 when we got our house in IL on the market. We closed on it in March of this year. So we are in the market for something "new to us" sooner than later at this point. Believe it or not - most of what we decided to keep - has been in a POD for 13 months now!!! And I rarely miss any of it.

I am so thankful to see those of you who have left postings over the years and now.
    I'll check that Facebook group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/729468437089035/2358679847501211/?comment_id=2358784174157445&notif_id=1568671743795745&notif_t=group_comment

to see if any of you are still on there. Probably just copy and paste this :-)

Love & hugs!
    Diana

• moonflwr912
    Options

Hi. Im still on Arimidex. 7 years. It is what it is. No cancer conceris s at this tine. Hugs to all!

• gonegirl
    Options

Hey, all:

I'm still here but not on facebook. Glad you guys are doing well. I keep on doing what I'm doing, and count myself as lucky with good medical help. :)

Susan

• ali68
    ali68 Member Posts: 644
    Options

How are you all?

I’ve still got my own cleaning company and very busy. Question - have any of you ladies developed a bit of a tummy? I’m skinny everywhere else but last 6 months got this tummy. I’m very active and walk about 10 miles a day with my work.

Love to you all x

• moonflwr912
    Options

always had a tummy. Never goes away. Sorry if that doesnt help.

All good here in WI.

Merry Christmas, Gappy Hanukkah and Merrry Yule!

• dltnhm
    dltnhm Member Posts: 420
    Options

Hey there friends. It’s been a long time. And it’s been a long time 🤗. Gonegirl started this group 10 years ago today. Wow. Hard to believe.
    If you are out there reading this I am sending you all hugs today. I’m sending them even if you’re not reading this.
    Ten years …. my sons are now 31, 29, and 28. We have a daughter-in-love Kalie (Ryan started dating her Halloween 2011 when he was a senior and she was a sophomore) and a 14 month old granddaughter who is our sunshine! Ron and I will celebrate our 35th anniversary in May. We live in Florida but Ron is commuting to IL to the university he worked for from 2003-2013. He has been back with them since 2020.
    I’m still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Hope is my word this year. I’ve never chosen and stuck with a word before but this year is different.
    Truly feel a hug Reach out. I’m still on FB (Diana Tollerud) - the one in Florida.

• ali68
    Options

Hi everyone

Yes it’s 10 years and we are still here living the dream. My girls are 33, 26 and 23. my eldest just had her first baby girl so very happy.
    It’s not been easy this lock down and I’ve missed my daughter’s wedding.

Hope everyone is doing ok

Alison xx

• gonegirl
    Options

Yeah, 10 years. I tracked down my first oncologist and sent her a thank you gift. She saved my life. She left clinical practice and I've had 3 more oncologists since. I'm still managing, although I stopped working right at the start of the pandemic, which was interesting. The disease and treatments gave me cirrhosis of the liver and I've got portal hypertension, which means it's important my heart rate stay low. The job I was in was very stressful. This hasn't been easy but I'm still here. Now I'm hoping the Covid variants stop coming so I can go back out again. My husband and I started going to live performance several months ago (vaccines and masks required) but with Omicron we stopped that. As I tell folks, I'm ducking and dodging death. Glad others are doing well.

Susan

• moonflwr912
    Options

Hi all. 10 years go by fast. Im doing well, and I now have 3 Gradchildren, all girls. My eldest son was dx with tonsil cancer and getting his port on Wed. Life keeos tripping us up. Sigh...

• gonegirl
    Options

Oh, moonflower, I'm so sorry.

Susan

• moonflwr912
    Options

thanks Susan. I cant believe it. But I guess its common for men his age, that group is just before the vacine was available and about 10 years before they recommended boys get it. Hes about 1/2 way through chemo and rads, and its shrunk by 50% ! Heres hoping in 3 weeks it will be 100% gone! Well, one can hope.

Hoping life is treating you as well as it can, and that the d*mn Covid stuff leaves you and yours alone.

Much love

Monica

• ali68
    Options

Hi, well my breast cancer is back in both breasts I’m waiting on biopsy results

• gonegirl
    Options

Ali. I am so, so sorry. I hope it's contained in the breasts.

Susan

• ali68
    Options

thank you I get results tomorrow x