Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Kiwi ladies who need encouragment, but all welcome.

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 814
    Options
    No worries Midnight, the wheels of Officialdom turn slo-o-o-o-o-o-owly. Wouldnt surprise me if it wasnt sent. One thing that annoys me big time is you have to constantly check that the left hand knows what the right hand is doing and it is typically the case that'll you'll be chasing your tail doing so.  Undecided
  • Hils
    Hils Member Posts: 152
    Options

Hey Girls

Thanks Musical - yep a pathology report that is right one minute and wrong the next is never good for your psychy. It definately made me a little crazy (crazier) than normal ;)

Kt you will be glad to know I did manage to do other things other than housework. At the weekend I popped sown to the Botanic Hardens and went to a free day course on flax and flax weaving. It was a great day and made me forget about everything, also learnt how to cut back my flax properly. Hope you have a fantastic time down at Lake Tarawera with your family.

Hoping Midnight that your pathology results have arrived

Hope everything is healing well and is getting back to normal for everyone and that you all can take some time out just for you

Have a great week and big hugs to you all

• midnight1327
    midnight1327 Member Posts: 1,331
    Options

Hi yes, they went to out Po Box . i am a little confused lol.  in trying to make sense of it. i will  sus it out and then tell you all about it. i am not sure about the margins stuff and scores. but i can't see to read it, the writing is a light blue and small and i can't read it in this light. so will catch u up on it.  thanks

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Glasses coming up maybe midnight? ;-), but yep I know the feeling.lol but it aint funny when you have a pair in every room and still cant find any. Grrrrrr.

Embarassed <- this is me laying low after our (black) frost this a.m  Brrrrrrr. -4 (unofficial)

Yesterday we had an (unofficial) - 6 Brrrrr.

Anyone see the news. Those poor ladies in the US with 40+ temps no electricity and stuff. Imagine trying to live with that and LE. Really feeling for those ladies right now. 

Yes have a great day ladies!

Rainenz are you doing OK? Hope all is well with you.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Options

Morning,

Talking about glasses got new ones 3 weeks ago and have to take them back today as they are 2mm out - I have mutifocals and its causing problems for me as I have to lower my head to see distance grrr.

About to be invaded by the family so had better get dressed.

Big hugs.

• Hils
    Options

Geez Musical that is cold, but have to say prefer the cold to the heat. Have friends in the US who have been posting photos of 110 / 40+ degrees and rising. Way too hot. I saw on the news that when it is so hot alot of the elderly head to the cinema and the air con for the day, but with no power that is a bit of a problem. Lets hope the temperature cools for them in the States. I saw in the paper that they reckon we have had the cold snap for the whole of the winter and we should just have normal temperatures for the rest of the year - we will have to see if their crystal balls are correct.

Alyson dont blame you taking your glasses back that is no fun. I see lots of patients with multifocals / progressives who just cannot get on with them or find that they are unable to adjust when going from far to near vision and vice versa. Hope you get them sorted. Are you making more cheesecake for your family?

Great to hear that the pathology report has finaly arrived Midnight, hope you can decode the writing.

Have to head off to work in a bit so bye for now and hope it is a warm and dry one for you all Cool

• midnight1327
    Options

Yep girls and the eyes are getting worse, my mummy wants me to go to optician and she going to pay for it. she said, if i don't i am going to go blind and not  be able to read anything. i can't read the phone book. i did have some hobby glasses, can't find them tho, i must and may be able to see that lab form. i not long got up and having a cuppa. i put  our four kittens on trade me yesterday, have some people coming to look at them later, very interested in them. hoping they mayb take two, so its not too lonely for them when only one goes. they are all very good at using a litter tray, are wormed, fleed and vacinated. and i am charging a fee mainly to cover those expences, not for the kittens themselves, its  not cheap to  get them vacinated esp and they have a little booklet. so here is hoping they get nice homes. i worry sometimes and i hope the  people are kind and not cruel, but having to pay, i think they appreciate what they are getting abit more. their mummy wont like it, she is very good with them and protective and they make a little noise like they upset she runs to check on them. they are in a big crate. i think she would take off with them outside and its too darn cold for them. anyway here is hoping they go sometime soon. well have a nice day girls and Alyson keep warm with that flu.

• kt1966
    kt1966 Member Posts: 1,021
    Options

Nice to see some action on here again! Glad you had fun on your day off too Hils. I just dug out & divided up a flax yesterday- don't know if I did it right tho! I love to make lots of new plants out of one. Tough on my arm sometimes tho- I always remember my sleeve after I've done something, duh!

Hope you are better now, Alyson. My hubby brought a nasty cold home from Aus. I sure don't want it... Mind you on days like today its nice to have excuse to snuggle up inside (just not nice to be sick). Sure sounds cold down south, Musical.

Hope you can read your report soon midnight. Let us know how that goes...I hope your kittens get nice homes too. Our kitten is going on holiday to a cattery while we are away to give our older cat a break! The kitten always wants to play & our cat is a grumpy old man....My parents will look after all the other beasties for the 3 days we are away. Thank goodness for them or we'd never get a break...

I'm counting down the days till spring, I hate winter, ay least we're past the shortest day now.

Have a great day all Smile 

• midnight1327
    Options

two kittens down and two to go. mummy not too happy tonight, she looking around. poor girl. i feel sorry for the kittens that are gone as both gone to strange people, that they are not used to. but i can''t keep them. we may get one that does not go. he is pretty grumpy, well scared more i think. people poking at them. if hubby had his way, none of them would be going, but we have to be realistic, can't have them all. hope everybody ok and have a good sleep and keep warm, am going to   get somebody to help me understand that report.  so will fill you guys in about it.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

OK guys so who got the rock n roll treatment last night about 20 to 11?.... 60Ks SW Opunake - Mag 7 - 230Ks deep. Wow it sure was a rocker, and most of NZ mustve felt it being that deep. Sounded like an endless flaming train coming through the side of the house. Noisy as and for ages before it hit. Was enough to make me stand in the doorway.

Well today it is somewhat milder and much more pleasant me thinx. Wont have to hug the fireplace so much!

Anyway have a great day ladies.

• Hils
    Options

Missed that one - was out like a light last night at about 10:30 and as my OH says it would take a bomb under my bed to raise me once asleep! Hope everyone is OK and no damage has been done to either your property or your nerves. Was just reading that it is about 120 years since we have had a shake from that paticular fault line. Lets hope it stays that way for the next 120 years.

Boy the weather was a shocker yesterday, the rain came down in buckets and at 2pm you could easily have been mistaken if you thought it was early morning or late evening it was so dark. But once the storm had passed a massive double ended rainbow could be seen and the blue skies returned. The evening sunset was beautiful, orange tinted clouds wrapped in blue skies and the moon as bright as a button.

Definately warmer and so far drier today. Hope you are all getting over your colds and soreness. Big hugs and speak later

• Hils
    Options

Forot to say hope your remaining kittens Midnight are OK and mum is not missing them too much. Hope the others find a home soon

• midnight1327
    Options

Hey there, yea i thought the light was going to  fall off the ceiling, we have a shandalair and it was swinging. gosh,  bed was rocking, dogs eyes like saucers and the  birds were flapping around, took abit for cockateil to settle.

hills, the little black girl is going tonight probably and somebody interested in the remaining boy as well. these lot were ok, just hope the others were ok that went, well i asked him did he have a nice bed for her, he said, yea mine. he is a true cat lover, so i think she  has landed on her feet, i may text them later and c how they are.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Oh Hils I wish I could sleep like that! I saw that on the news about that flash flooding. That was not good at all! I hope youre all OK up there.

I have 3 Monarchs with me now. Theyve just had a feed and pigged out on honey and water BIG TIME. I see 2 of them are on the floor. Their abdomens are so fat they cant fly atm lol. 

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh midnight you said birdS  lol. What other ones do you have?.  We have a friendly  mother thrush a dad thrush and a mother blackbird, all of who we feed tidbits. They all get jealous of one another and NONE of them get on. The 2 thrush are not pairs and they fight all the time. The blackbird gets fed at the back door and has 'progressed' to the kitchen floor. Dad thrush eats out of the hand but gingerly. Mother BB  has some white feathers around the back of her neck as she must be getting on in years. Its quite a hard case because a number of years ago now, she used to be sooooo fiesty that she divebombed us in the garden area at nesting time and boy she meant business! She's since  mellowed and even "tolerated" a few pats on the tail at nesting time LOL!  
  • kt1966
    kt1966 Member Posts: 1,021
    Options

Hi. Glad no damage was done with earthquake, we didn't feel it at all. Sure was wet yesterday tho! So nice to see the sun again today.

Cool that you have birds to enjoy. Our cats mean we don't have them too close to the house...nice to see the native birds about tho. When will you let your remaining monarchs loose Musical, I guess you need better weather. 

Just got back from Auckland where we were ballgown shopping. Successful mission, got a beautiful gown from a tiny second hand clothes shop for a fraction of the original price ($1500!!- op that is!) and shoes, clutch, earrings, necklace to match. My DD is very pleased & now the stress is gone, so she can relax & enjoy. (had to try on about 30 dresses at other shops first tho- exhausting!)

Hope you all have a great rest of the week & weekend- I'm off to L.Tarawera tomorrow. 

• midnight1327
    Options

we have cockateils, budgies, fantail doves, but they at brother in laws farm. and some ring necks, a little variety of different ones and we wil have more as we are getting lots of avairies. they are nice  the birds. have a good night, will catch up tomorrow.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Midnight, Oh lovely you have all those birds! I really like birds too. They are so neat to watch, even just in your back yard and you'd be surprised at what they get up to, and like sheep or cows or other animals they actually have their own tendancies, like some are shy and some are not backward in coming forward. lol Our Mr thrush is definitely in the latter category lol

Ladies in AUckland hope you are all OK this a.m., hubby said something about on the news saying terrible weather up there AGAIN! Thoughts are with you.

Hi kt not sure when I'll release these 3. They are beautiful. Usually I end up with 7 or so that I take right through winter and release on a 'normal day' (ha whatever that is) in spring. I might just do that with these, unless I can spot a row of mild days coming up. As Im in the lower north island, its no where near as cold as South Island. Alexandra anyone????? Brrrrrr. even though they say its a totally different type of heat and cold. Its dry, not those bone chilling damp colds that some of us can get... likewise the temps can be extremely  high but not that heavy muggy type. 

• Alyson
    Options

Quick good morning.

Just fog here Musical weather not going to be too bad from what I have heard.

Despite having two cats we have a lot of birds around especially a gang of tuis, We even have a blackbird that will come and steal the cat biscuits from inside?

Must go as there are no buses today and will have to take my sister up to Mt Eden village.

Have a great day and kt I am really jealous of you going to Tarawera.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Orrrrrr Alyson Tui's? thats lovely. Lol if you ever (unlikely I know) get sick of them, just tell them to come down here to me : ). 
  • Hils
    Options

Afternoon everyone

The weather is crazy today but in a fun way, we have blue skies and sunshine where we are, but when you look out across to the North Shore only part of Devonport exists and Rangitoto has been engulfed by the fog. The Skytower intermittently appears and dissapears, I love this crazy weather. Although I do feel sorry for the people that could not fly in or out of Auckland aiport today, that sucks!

Hope Alyson you were able to get where you needed to go today, its a pain the buses not working from 9 to 2.30 today, but hopefully they will be woking OK at 4 as I need to head into town to meet some mates.

Kt hope you are having a fantastic few days away with your family. It sounds like your shopping trip with your daughter was tiring but very successful. Wow what a deal with the dress - nice one

Midnight and Musical as I live in town I do not have a vast garden, but we are pretty lucky with the birdlife. We have Tuis and I love them, we have a family of Silvereyes that nest in our hedge and come back year on year, they are so cheeky. We have a couple of cats next door so we do not have many birds that tend to hang around on the grass too long, but we did have a Blackbird couple feeding on worms yesterday. At night we occasionally hear a Morepork and during the day there is a troop of Lorikeets (cheeky monkeys) that come by every so often.

Musical it sounds like you are going to have those Monarchs until spring as you seem to be having way too much fun looking after them.

Must go need to do the weekly food shop and then do some housework before I head out. Big hugs and speak soon

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Wow you guys up in Auckland have got it good! I know you have rosellas up there a lot and apparently they are getting further and further south. Ive only ever seen ONE which was flying across the paddocks and if you werent looking you wouldve missed it. It was so lovely with all those colours.  My favourite of favourites though is Kingfishers. They are just so neat :-).

Hils you seem to have me sussed :-) lol. I just love it when the butterflies climb on my face and up into my hair which they do much easier when theyre just new. After that, the trick is to "manage them " when the temperature is just right. Even with butterflies we have noticed some have "tendancies" to do things more than others. Amazing! Some are just plain out fiesty and others are really gentle and thats both male and female.

• Rainenz
    Rainenz Member Posts: 21
    Options

Hi All

Have been taking it easy and not been online much so just checking in with you all. All seems to have gone well this time and is healing nicely.

Went to the Hutt today for checkup. They are happy with progress and got a 90 ml expansion go back next Thurs for another expansion. Really pleased with my progress so far. Got one drain out today one more still to go, can't wait till that is also gone as already been in for just over 2 weeks.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hey Rainenz youve surfaced for us! its good to hear you come back in and let us know and thats great news that all is going well. I remember with 2nd Mast. one of my drains just about drove me insane with the itching around the entry point. Reaction to the dressing. Boy was I pleased to see the back end of that....yeah only to get a seroma. Lets hope all continues well for you.

• midnight1327
    Options

Hithere girls. hope everybody ok today, Rainz, hope you recovering well.  its abit milder down here today.

All these darling kittens have homes now, one going tomorrow, the other one next week, Inky, mumma cat is watching them like a hawk, two already have gone, poor thing is so unsettled. i don't blame her, we giving her babies away. hope she does not take too long to settle after they all gone. but they are going to good homes and the people i see are very keen and i am sure they will be loved.  i am a doting old granny. but i worry about them going to kind people. there is so much animal cruelty out there these days. have to really  just not think about it. anyway have a good weekend.

• Hils
    Options

Hi All

Sounds Raine like it is all going to plan. I had my stupid drain in for about two and a half weeks so can totally feel for you. But it will be so good when the second one gets taken out. It sounds like your fills are going well, its amazing to see your new foobs take shape as each fill occurs I know I was always pleasantly surprised.

Midnight your poor cat must wonder what she did wrong to have her kittens taken away. But I know that its impossible to keep them. Its fantastic news that they have all gone to good homes. Any news on you deciphering your pathology report?

Hope the Monarchs are behaving themselves Musical 

Spent the day in the garden trying to sort a few things out as everything seems to be growing madly. The sun was shining and it was lovely to also spend time sitting in the sun soaking up the warmth. Love days like this and it looks as if the weekend is going to be just as good.

Hope you all have a fab weekend and will catch up with you all next week 

• midnight1327
    Options

i will try and get it on here,  will type it out and see if i can do a copy thing, i tried to write it out, but it so hard to see. but i will try tomorrow, or take it somewhere to get it scanned and made bigger. i  don't know to quite do it yet. but i will tell you guys  as soon as i get it to some reasonable order. it sounds like i have abit of everything. but i really need to get a good interpretation. may have to go to my doc and get him to explain it, there is alot to it.

• Hils
    Options
    Hey Midnight no worries, I did not mean to hassle you. Your doc certainly may be able to help or a friend with good eyes Smile may be a cheaper option if your doc will charge you for helping out. Have a great weekend
  • Alyson
    Options

I was so lucky with my path reports. First one was explained fully by a doctor friend of DD1 and then after mx the surgeon sat down and went through it with me as did the onc once I saw him. Have looked at yours midnight on the Aussie thread and understand most of it but will check one bit.

Just got in from looking after the grandchildren, they were so good tonight, it was delightful, Even little DGS just went down so well without even a peep out of him and DGD fell asleep while I was reading a story. Earlier the pair of them had played a silly game for ages with everyone laughing. I had to stop then as I was worried that DGD would run into something, all it was her running close to her brother who was in his high chair and he tried to catch her hair.

Not sure if I can stay up to watch any of the tennis - we will see.

• midnight1327
    Options

thats no problem, you were not hassling me at all. i wish i could read the darn thing, and see it lol, i am very thankful of your interest in trying to help me. i need to go doc about other issues too, so could do that same time. thanks Hills, you girls are an asset to my life, you really are and i could not do with out you all.