Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Kiwi ladies who need encouragment, but all welcome.

Options

Comments

• midnight1327
    midnight1327 Member Posts: 1,331
    Options

musical how is your mum, i do hope all is going to be ok. please let us know how she is, are you bearing up ok, hope so.

Hills, it is musicals mum that is not well. mine is ok thank the lord.  thanks for yr caring.

love and hugs to all.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 814
    Options

Orrrr what a day girls. Just got back from Hospital. My mums who is elderly is not very good and is staying in. Looks like it will be trekking back and forth for a bit. Gosh, I wonder why that feels familiar Undecided

Midnight thats so good to hear youre OK, phew what a relief. ....and  comments like that from the medical profession is quite uncalled for. You dont need that.

Oh yes kt do look after that arm. Gosh do any of you sock yourself in the face putting your sleeve on. YOud think Id learn by now but apparently not Yell

Hey guys I had some "cream of the crop" info to post up about D3 but then everythings been haywire.  I'll still post it up when I dig it out.

Hils I hope you have a good break. Nice long weekend? It still been cold down here in Manawatu. 

Musical

• Hils
    Hils Member Posts: 152
    Options

Sorry about my mix up with Mums and names - long day (no excuse really). Glad to hear Musical that your Mum is doing OK, hope she has a speedy recovery. I am sure going backwards and forwards to the hospital has it own challenges and memories (wish it could be different for you)

No rush on the D3 info as it sounds as if you are busy enough at the moment.

Big hugs to you all, take it steady and stay safe and out of mischief. I know I will try.............

• midnight1327
    Options

hi everybody,  hope your day ok, it is my DH Birthday, he is the BIG 50. lol, i already am, eleven months older than him.  he calls me the old chook, affectionately of cause. now he is same age, Ha Ha., ecept i turn 51 next month. so i will be older than him again.

musical, hope you mummy  feeling better this morning. we are thinking of you, lots of hugs to you. xxxx

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Oh what a hectic day!!! Just got back from Hosp. had our T and I just wanted to pop in, chill, and see any new posts.  

Midnight I LOVED your post - It was just what I needed to hear and I had a good laugh. Out loud too. Ha ha that reminds me of my father. He would often refer to friends wives as 'the chook'. Nothing derogatory just language of the day.....so it struck a funny cord in me. Laughing You are also like me, Im older than my Hubby too. Haha. Maybe we are craddle snatchers. UndecidedWinkSmileCool

Hope all you Ladies are being good and looking after your precious arms. I was in such a mad rush I even forgot to put my sleeves on !!! Can you believe that!  I'll blame it on Arimidex Undecided

Have a good and restful, safe weekend

Musical.

• midnight1327
    Options

Hope you feeling better musical after yr big day and hope mum is improving. LOL yes the old chook, lol, accasionaly i get silly old chook, or deaf old chook, but its all in a fun loving way, lol he will get the bash if it isnt. well we going to Whanganui to view an avairy and then having birthday tea for DH and B-in-law, his birthday was last sunday, but also going down to levin soon to pick up a couple of mini horses. so better het cracking.  have a good day girls.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Haha Midnight, priceless,  the old chook aye????  Undecided  silly ol chook ????? mmmmmmm .....boy, that better be said just right ....or else! Laughing ..... deaf old chook could be like a red rag to a bull. Defintiely treading a tightrope on that one. lol.

Thanks Hils and Midnight for your kind thoughts. I think my mum is slowly getting better. Im having a day off but tomorrow on will be back to the back and forth thing.Got Appt with BS on Tues.

Oh the mini horses sound lovely. I used to ride when I was young. Had horses of my own. I always have a soft spot for them. Hey its lovely that you seem to love birds too. Is the aviary what you were talking about a wee while ago? I know this sounds stoopid, but where birds are concerned, my main aim is to actually one day pat a Kingfisher..... lol ..... never mind that beak..... and that would do for a start.

Hope you all are having a good and safe weekend.

• midnight1327
    Options

The avairy is a big shed that has a big flying area and can actually be used as pigeon loft to. but we intend to put the ringnecks in there or  the cockateils,  they are for the big birds anyway, we going to sus it out and see what a pain the butt it will be to get it out from there, transporting should not be a prob as we have the trucks, but getting it un lodged from its area can be a big task. , glad your mum abit better, yes wish hubby would hurry up, we supposed to be going to levin to get these mini horses,  and be there at least by one, typical men, they muck a round esp BILaw. he is a wickered time keeeper. i don;'t want to ring and nag, but gonna have to. i think. lol iol did not have to, he just rung. to say we are on our way.

• kt1966
    kt1966 Member Posts: 1,021
    Options

Hi girls. I'm glad your mum is getting better Musical.

Hope the day off yesterday went well Hils. Midnight you keep adding to your collection of animals! It sounds like a lot of feeding, cleaning & time spent on them...

I'm tired after a day of poo vaccing (!- just what it sounds like, with the paddock vac- I compost or try to compost the horse & alpaca manure)...

So a nice quiet day doing housework & reading the paper. Should be doing more stuff outside before the rain but I can't be bothered.

Hope you all stay dry over the next few days. Take care Wink 

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi kt ! Thanks for thinking of my mum too.  Oh yes a nice relax inside is good after any shovelling thats for sure.  (ha I say shovelling coz thats about the closedt I can imagine to a big vaccy....). Gosh how big is the vaccy???

We've got a few spits of rain down here but nothing much yet. At last I finally managed to actually get some washing dry. Been a shocker this year for that. 

Midnight let us know how the wee horses go.

Best,

Musical

• kt1966
    Options

Musical, the vac is around the equivalent of 4 wheelbarrows capacity. Still hard work, but easier on your back than shovelling. Emptying it is not fun. Always need a nice hot shower afterwards! (I tow it with the ride on mower)

Just pruned the magnolia & moved the goats to a new paddock- the best way to move them is the carrot method- tasty treats to get them going in the right direction otherwise they find their own tasty treats ie plants I want in my garden and are very hard to budge. We do put them on leads to minimise that but they can be very stubborn about not going the right way! 

I just had to get outside for a bit. I go stir crazy if I stay in all day. 

I hope the rain doesn't last too long when it comes. Still at least its winter, not like all the rain they're getting in the UK for summer! Not so good for the games... 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend girls :3 

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Haha hubby loves goats. Think I said before, they can be soooo naughty. Man are they strong too. We had a little feral nanny and if you didnt watch it when she was on a chain of any thing longer than right beside you, she'd pull you over LoL  Wirey as. Used to have a lot of fun playing with her. Lol youre gonna laugh at this..... my hubby got an old motorbike helmet we had lying around the place and put it on to have a bunting match with her  He reckoned it went thud LOL.

• midnight1327
    Options

i love the goats, we have two white ones called amy and lucy and 3 males. but  2 are whethers and the other still  whole, but he is smelly and you have it on you for ages after you touched him, when we got him he stunk, but apparently  the full male goats do pong, his name is trevor. i love the girls, they are very cheeky and take alot of liberties. the horses have settled. but not as quiet as led to believe,  like the Alpaccas, it is the way you handle them, they are fine now, enjoying life with other alpaccas. had a second chance and making the most of it. One is dark brown, he is called chocalate amd the other lighter brown called Cocoa. the little horses are  Darcy and Mickey and he is a nipper too. bit hubby on the bum, ow. lol hubby said that will be getting delt with, Danny used to bite and  he used to get a good slap on nose and he is fine now. so this boy will  not  be a biter he will get the same. they have sharp teeth, Danny bit me under arm once and it hurt for days.  but  he grew out of it. well hope everybody ok. i am going to have a day to myself, hubby and b in law going to napier. cartch yas later.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Ha ha yes Midnight the billys do pong Im afraid, but boy, aint they strong. Oh you can be assured when I tell hubby his name he'll laugh. Trevor! just another one of those delightful things that strike a funny cord with us. LOL we name heaps of things around here, like our cars have names. The wethers are much stronger than the nannys but ooooo the bucks..... no thanks. Yeah horses that bite need fixing pronto. They are quite uncommon in that they have teeth on top and bottom, and boy when they bite you sure know it. Cows sheep goats etc only have bottom teeth (at the front). Not sure about alpaccas? Anyways it means horses can feed  right down to the dirt. Hey do you guys have chooks? We have 3. The freereange eggs are soooo delish.

• midnight1327
    Options

We have a few chooks yea, not laying yet, they were and i managed to get a few lovely eggs, i loved them poached.  we have nine i think. Trevor was his name already and we only have had him for about 6 months, clive and the other Billy, two whethers. Amy and Lucy not interested in Trevor at this point.  but i guess when ready they will, the little kid goats are soooo cute. Hubby and Bro in law are in napier, getting fence posts to fix up fences at farm. the guy selling them abit arogant. we would of gone yesterday except he was ref rugby, so said, sunday and then wants them there b4 12.30, well i said, they left at nine and i said, the has to go over saddle as gorge is closed and then it was i am ref a rugby game at 1.30, have to  leave by 12.30. i said, yea they will be there by 12 and there is two of them and they will load them on, give you the money and you can go. but i said, i wa brave they  are not going to speed and have a crash and kill others for you to get to a rugby game, sorry, the road is wet and they will get there as quick as they can, you sell stuff on trade me, you gotta put up with people wanting to do pick ups and on weekends as alot work during the week. so he never had an answer for that. i wish i could be as brave with my docs and say what i think, abit harder when it is yr self you are fighting 4.

• kt1966
    Options

Hiya. The kids would like to do the helmet thing with the goats! I'd rather they didn't encourage the goats to butt us tho, so no... Alpacas are like goats & sheep with teeth on the bottom & a plate on top. They're not so good at chewing thru leaves & branches like the goats & sheep tho- we have to hold the branches so they have something to pull against- need lots of patience while they delicately munch!

We have 3 chooks too- not laying right now (mind you one of them is about 8 or 9 years old) and 3 guinea fowl. The guineas are gorgeous, I love the way they run, it looks like they have puffy skirts they hold out and the noise they make! 

Hope you've had a good day, & not too wet. Sounds like you've been busy with animals & rugby midnight.

I've got to go out & feed the beasties b4 it gets too dark, seems to have stopped raining just now so thats good.

School tomorrow for the kids. My DH is between contracts at the mo so we'll be able to do some stuff together. Catch you later Smile 

• [Deleted User]
    Options

LOL kt my hubby is just a big kid :-)...shouldve taken a photo of him with his helmet and all. She mightve been small but she sure could pack a wallop with those horns. Real bossy too. Always bossing the sheep around with a ridge of hairs sticking up along her back and raring up. Lol, we wouldnt dare try the helmet thing with a wether, I shudder (booiiing)  to think about a buck !!!!

Oh midnight the little kids are sososososo cute arent they. I remember our little "minx" was very willing when visited  by Mr.Johny goat who broke his chain from next door and next thing we had a baby on the way.She had waaaay too much milk and so I tried milking her and the little tart knew how to hold one side and let down the udder ooops I mean other. lol  ha ha then I had to invent a wee leg rope cuz she'd put a foot in the container of milk...of course when it was nearly full. grrrr

Wow chooks that old! Usually theyre only good for 2 years tops. Ours have done well for 16mths, but theyre starting to wind down now. We're still getting enough to keep us in eggs whereas before we supplied quite a few to friends and family. We just cant stand battery eggs. Been spoilt with rural life.

We've had an unseasonally mild day here but quite a lot of misty rain. 

Hope you all are keeping well

• midnight1327
    Options

lol yes, your hubby sounds like mine, a big kid. he loves to play, when he gets time. Did you fel the earth move last night as my sis said, there was a quake in Taranaki and masterton, i di not feel a thing. and you seem to feel them easy or hear them, so just wondering. there is no report in news this morning on computer yahoo. oh well, have a lovely day, i am quite hot and i kept breaking out in sweats last night, got up and went out side and stood on steps to coool off and it was very flaming wet. and today is not too cold either.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi there Midnight, no for once I didnt feel it. Probably too tired. Havent been sleeping too well. I'll have a look in a mo on geo net and see about it.

Arrgg the sweats on Tamox....ya its did that to me too. Id tapered off by the time i finished Tamox but got some starting Arim. Im still getting a few but not as many. Ah but the aching joints. The Nortrip was giving me a sore throat which abated but has come back and I thought Im sick of this so didnt take one last night and this a.m. I felt the 90yrs old syndrome again in my joints. Ok at present though. 

Sorrry for moaning...what a ride this is sometimes.   

• kt1966
    Options

Morning. Yes its fun being on AIs- I had fewer SEs when I was on tamox, but still had hot flushes to begin with on that. Joint pain is a nuisance especially when getting up, on letrozole. But better than the alternative! Got to look at the positive or I wouldn't bother with those little pills & the monthly injections (have you seen the size of the needle!)

Have any of you had pins & needles all the way down the back of a leg? I have had it quite bad at times, even at night in bed, sitting in the car and just walking, very annoying...wondering if it might be sciatica? Don't know if its a SE or something else.

Its really windy & wet up here today- horrible. I've only got 1 kid at school, the others home with a headache. Hubbys in his mancave, aka the barn (with his toys, the motorbikes) and I'm going to head into town & catch up with the girls...

Hope you can manage to have some fun today too...  

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Just a quick paste from geo net of EQs from Sunday on (most recent at the top)

http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/quakes/recent_quakes.html

Gosh look at the one at Taihape only 4ks deep. A mag 4 is quite substantial at that depth! but of course wouldnt felt so much further afield.  Dont see one from Taranaki on this site and its pretty up there with info, but we see the Pongaroa one would account for Masterton. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Reference Number: 3739167
    * NZST: Mon, Jul 16 2012 4:47 am
    * Magnitude: 2.9
    * Depth: 8 km
    * Details: 20 km south-east of Christchurch

#

* [View Felt Reports in Google Maps] [View event in Google Maps] Interactive earthquake shaking map. Report this quake. Map of New Zealand showing earthquake location.
    * Reference Number: 3739073
    * NZST: Mon, Jul 16 2012 0:34 am
    * Magnitude: 3.9
    * Depth: 5 km
    * Details: 30 km north of Murchison

#

* [View Felt Reports in Google Maps] [View event in Google Maps] Interactive earthquake shaking map. Report this quake. Map of New Zealand showing earthquake location.
    * Reference Number: 3739014
    * NZST: Sun, Jul 15 2012 10:02 pm
    * Magnitude: 3.1
    * Depth: 25 km
    * Details: 30 km east of Pongaroa
    Reference Number 3739014 [View event in Google Maps] [View Felt Reports in Google Maps]
    Universal Time July 15 2012 at 10:02
    NZ Standard Time Sunday, July 15 2012 at 10:02 pm
    Latitude, Longitude 40.63°S, 176.48°E
    Focal Depth 25 km
    Richter magnitude 3.1
    Region Wairarapa
    * 30 km east of Pongaroa
    * 40 km north-east of Castlepoint
    * 80 km east of Palmerston North
    * 160 km north-east of Wellington

#

* Reference Number: 3739001
    * NZST: Sun, Jul 15 2012 9:31 pm
    * Magnitude: 4.1
    * Depth: 4 km
    * Details: 10 km west of Taihape

#

* Reference Number: 3738785
    * NZST: Sun, Jul 15 2012 12:03 pm
    * Magnitude: 3.6
    * Depth: 7 km
    * Details: 20 km south-west of Darfield

• midnight1327
    Options

last few days i have had sore ribs, cough and sneeze i would feel, but i have a look at my finger joints, they look abit out of shape, esp little finger on R hand.  and little lumps on my arms, like on my bones, you can feel it and one on my thigh on left leg, that one is sore too touch at times, i donot know what they are. i just discovered  the leg one on weekend when rubbing it. oh well i guess they are  probably due to tamoxifen as well. and musical you can whine ,moan as much as you feel like, thats what we are here for, to be there for each other. so vent, and say what ever is on yr mind. everybody.

Where is Alyson lately, missing her, have not seen her on here for ages. hope she is ok.

• midnight1327
    Options

ok that is interesting musical, the earth quakes thing, it would not come up on our computer when i tried the  site, we can't get google earth good either. so there were little ones, but quite shallow. i will have a good read after. catch yas

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi kt! your post crossed with mine....(this happens a lot) Nevermind.

Is letrozole another medical name for Aromasin or Femara?  GP is looking into to giving me a go at changing to Femara I think it is. He told me only Arimidex is funded but on an individual basis there may be funding for one of the others. Oh yay AI are fun arent they. Like you I had less SFX on Tamox. If it wasnt for the 2% risk of Uterine Cancer Id consider going back on it. No I havent had the pins and needles. Sorry to hear that for you kt. Big Hugs. NOw Im not sure if its a stated SFX.  

Ah just went here and it updates my dialog above, yes its Femara plus Ive DL'd the pdf which should state the SFX.

Edited post to remove the 2 links. They wouldnt work for some reason so will insert an excerpt. Also if you punch into google "what is letrozole nz" (without quotation marks) the links work for  Aromatase Inhibitor brand change (text extract)    and  NEW ZEALAND DATA SHEET FEMARA

QUOTE:

This is the text extract for Aromatase Inhibitor brand change, browse documents here.

Aromatase inhibitors

- patient information

Recently PHARMAC has made decisions that mean there are changes to the subsidies for some aromatase inhibitors. Aromatase inhibitors are a type of medicine used to treat breast cancer. PHARMAC currently funds three different types of aromatase inhibitors: • letrozole (brand names Letara and Femara) • anastrozole (brand names DP-Anastrozole and Arimidex) • exemestane (brand name Aromasin). PHARMAC has received clinical advice from the cancer treatments advisory committee (the members of which are expert oncologists and haematologists) that the three aromatase inhibitors - letrozole, anastrozole and exemestane - have the same or similar therapeutic effect. For that reason, some changes are being made to the funding of some of these medicines to get the best value for money without compromising your health. The changes in subsidies mean there may be a change to the funding of the brand of medicine you are currently taking but not the active ingredient of your medicine. This information may help answer some questions you may have about these changes.

BrandSwitch

UNQUOTE

Have a nice time in town kt ...yeah its raining here too had 25mls in the raingage  this a.m No wind though.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi Midnight, I tried the link to geo net and it works here.  Try punching "geonet nz " into Google. (without quotation marks) then click on that. You most certainly should be able to access that site, unless for some reason your computer is locked down by a security app and it is blacklisted or something.

LOL as for google maps, mmmmm what are they ??????  LOLOLOLOL dont start me..... about dial-up and all that.... Im likely to REALLY DO A MOAN!!!!

As far as Im aware you shouldnt be getting any joint pain or arthritic lumps and bumps as is typically a SFX with the AI's . In actual fact one of the GOOD SFX with Tamox is it actually increases bone density.  I definitely did experience the rib pain, but that subsided. Cant remember exactly when it was though. Another good thing (Im not sure how true this actually is) is that if you experience hot flushes it means the Tamox is working. There is a small group that it doesnt work on. I'm rusty in the info but I think its to do with not absorbing it into their systems or something. AS for the lumps, if it were me I'd be checking those pronto with your GP, bit it isnt a rash is it? Are they itchy and are they red or white? 

• midnight1327
    Options

no they are not itchy, just like you would feel, its in the tissue, i can run my finger down  my arm and it would be like a  cyst i guess. but no rashes, maybe just the way my bones are. just weird and the finger has a little nobbly on left side, like a lump that sticks out to the side. i have very dense bones due to my thyroid, i am hypo thyroid., which makes things difficult as the doctors said, the thyroid is a hormone and its trying to do its job with all the other hormones causing havoc, i am a complicated being lol. i have no thyroid gland, infact i was  the first baby in nz to be born without a thyroid gland and survive. i had specslist doctor who recognised what wrong with me and saved my little life, but i was not ment to be alive at this age, i was not guranteed a long life at all. but i still kicking. Today 51 years ago i would of been  born, july 16th, but i did not arrive til Aug 27, six weeks over and was still undevloped, it is very complicated, mum would  be able to tell people what happened. so that is why i am a complicated being. makes treating me harder too. I am what they  called a creeton, udeveloped child in the womb.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Im so sorry to hear of your complexities. It does make things difficult. All the the more reason Midnight why you need a good GP. Its not like you can just waltz up to any doctor and be a patient of theirs either. I found that outa few years ago on behalf of someone else. Thyroids are so important and theres so much all tied up with it. If your thyroid is anything other than normal, you need to be super vigilant I'd imagine. If those lumps are new I would definitely go to my GP.

• midnight1327
    Options

Yes thyroid controls the  metabolic system  and determines how the body works. weight, sleep, and so on, yes i will get those lumps checked out. i would like to have a bone scan actually, but not sure on how to go about asking. but i wil do.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Options

Feeling a bit better after having the flu, thank goodness.

Mignight, with my RA I get lots of bone bumps -nodules and it could be the AI. Have you had a bone scan?

Life seems to be have been busy especially with DGD with chiken pox. Granny baby sitting has been called on a lot. Last week I had to finish a skirt for DD1 who is singing with the NZSO in Der Valkyrie so that took some time to get it sitting right. Then this weekend my US cousin arrived so it has been great to see her and her DH.

Other cousins are coming over soon for a late afternoon tea.

As of today I stop the femara. Have been on a 5 year trial for side effects. Anyway I am rather scared about stopping but onc says at least we have it if its needed which doesn't make me too happy.

Will write more later.

Big hugs

• midnight1327
    Options

Hey Alyson, good to see you back and recovering from flu ok, not seen you for abit and was wondering how you are.