Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Kiwi ladies who need encouragment, but all welcome.

Options

Comments

• midnight1327
    midnight1327 Member Posts: 1,331
    Options

i was going to venture outside and go feed  the bunnies etc, but it is kind raining abit hard at the moment, so will remain in til that passes over. gosh the streams are filling up, i hope i do not have to go out and shift stock later tonight if it floods, esp big ugly bulls and i mean  he is big  boy. been trying to get him and the others to works for donkeys ages, but the swines are too clever and worked out  our scheam of things and know the vehicle too. and they keep their distance, he would be a good 1500 dollar one the main boy, he does not like me, gives me these rude stares and i would not do much good as i can't run fast. big ugly brut would fling me into next week. so don't fancy having to move them in the dark. I remember bil, got bunted by one, its history now, Bull was going to works and bro got bunted into corner of trailer about half a metre and he was by himself with that thing, on a day like this too,  and i remember he had this big huge bruise, that was purple right down side of body, the neighbour saw what  happening and brought gun over, but he got out, as hubby manged to cut bull off, it was a stare actually. grumpy sod too. but bro was a lucky boy, i think he was saying a few silent prayers afterwards. was a very close call. hope rain subsides abit.

• kt1966
    kt1966 Member Posts: 1,021
    Options

Hi gals. Its nice to see the back of that rain & have the sun again, tho it is cold.

Just thought I'd pop on here while my oven is being fixed...stupid thing keeps turning off in the middle of cooking dinner- hope it doesn't cost too much to sort out, they have to order new parts. I will have to cook just using the gas hobs for a while.

As soon as the guy's gone I'll be outside planting trees, I got 103 to do! Mainly small reveg size- we have retired a sloping wet paddock that we want to return to bush with trails through for horse riding/trail bike riding...

Also got a larger gingko & a tulip tree for around the house.

Hope you are all having a good day 

• midnight1327
    Options

well you sound as though you are going to be occupied for most of day KT, i am going to get my b into g and put my washing away and clean up abit. have a good day girls and may c u L8ter.

• Hils
    Hils Member Posts: 152
    Options

What a beautiful day even as I drove to work the Hauraki Gulf looked stunning. Have to say there were two kayakers heading towards town and I was envious of them as it looked like a perfect day for it.

You all make me smile with all of your animal antics, in comparison I have a very tame life with very little input from the animal kingdom.

Hope the cooker is mended and was not too expensive Kt and that all the trees are planted although I have to say it sounds like a massive job and not soemthing you could complete too quickly! But then I am a townie Wink

Hope everyone is well and doing well and that no flooding occured with all of the rain.

I am back running and cycling and find it amazing that my new foob is more comfortable than my own boob to run and cycle with! Very strange but it is a huge positive for having an UMX. There has to be some positives.

Was chatting to a friend the other day and they were asking about my UMX and my TE. They then asked about swimming and they wondered if my TE made me more bouyant. I tried not to laugh as it was a very good question. But my very visual mind could just see me floating along in the swimming pool with my large inflation device - commonly known as my TE.

Looking forward to it being sunny tomorrow and spending some time in the garden.

Big hugs to you all and a big thankyou for all your stories, it is great to have you there

• kt1966
    Options

Yay, time to relax after being a taxi for the kids and planting trees! I find I can only do 2-3 hours hard physical work these days before I need to stop for the day these days- no more keep going till the job is done...really frustrating.

Hope you all had a good day, and you got time to relax & do stuff for you. Hope your jobs didn't take too long midnight.

Tomorrow should be good hopefully so you'll have sun, Hils. I can't imagine TE's- are they really comfortable? What are they made of? Its good that you can still run/cycle/etc with them in. Are you still waiting for a date for the exchange surgery? 

Hope everyone else is well. Have a good evening... 

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Options

Hi all hope your day went well.

I have spent far too long today at my MiL's trying to show her how to use her new phone and just now had her on the phone for ages as I tried to be very patient and talk her through what to do.  Will have to change one of the setting but now understand how her old phone broke, she thinks you have to bash the keys not just touch them!!

Think it's going to be another chilly night here, looks like frost already.

Stay warm.

• midnight1327
    Options

Hi Alyson,  it has certainly cooled off. i am going to watch my Deal or no Deal and get under my warm blanky. Mmm, yummy toasty warm. your mil sounds like my bil with the phone, he is hopeless at the cell phone except for talking, does not like texting, and can't and even setting the  alarm was hard for him, hubby just rings him now. he is just not technical. but clever at every else, supposed we can't be  good at everything.  lol have a good warm night and sleep well.

• Rainenz
    Rainenz Member Posts: 21
    Options

Hi you all seem to be keeping busy with all your critters.

I'm sitting in Hospital back Home after 10 horrific days in Wellington with Renal failure after my TE had to be removed due to infection. Am Improving each day but kidneys taking their time waking properly.

Will try and get on again later but really exhausted.

My Son has set me up with his mobile broadband so can now get on line.

• kt1966
    Options

Are you still in hospital, Rainenz? Sorry you've had this set back. I hope you feel better real soon and your kidneys get back on track.

Rest up & get well!  Good you can get on line when you feel like it.

Hi everyone else too. Hope you've had a good day. I'm tired, glad to be in out of the cold. Have to think about dinner soon- hard with no oven!

Alyson, good for you helping your MIL with the phone, I hope she can get used to it! We pitched in for one for my in laws a few years back, but they gave up on it! Hard for the oldies to keep up with new fangled gadgets! Wink (Hard enuff for me, the kids run rings around me when it comes to technology!)

• Rainenz
    Options

Hi KT Yes I am still in Hospital, but now in my local one and not 2 hrs drive away

• midnight1327
    Options

Rainenz, i do hope you recover very quickly, sorry that this has happenend to you. am thinking of you and pls rest up. love to you.  xoxox

• kt1966
    Options

Hi everyone.

Rainenez, I hope you're improving each day & will be home soon. There's nothing like sleeping in your own bed etc!

Do you have someone to help at home when you do get out? Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Have a good weekend all! 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 814
    Options

Hey ladies, just checking in and saying Hi to you all, while I have a wee break in the proceedings... Been really busy with my Mum. Really big deal today as we got her out of Hospital and getting her settled in Resthome. Its been a HUGE ordeal all around for her and its a particularly sensitive time as we try and get whats best for her. Theres so many things on the to do list yet.

Rainenz Im sorry to hear of your ordeal. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

• midnight1327
    Options

Good to see you, hope everything works out for mum and she settles well in the home. can be scary for them. it will take time. but will catch up and you well too. you have alot on your plate. take care. xxoo

• midnight1327
    Options

How are all you ladies in NZ this morning. hope you had a good weekend. very cold down here in Manawatu and very wet. Brrrr. this thread been on the quiet side of late. Everybody tied up with their Daily tasks i guess,  Musical is busy with her mum of late and hope that is going all well. Have a good day girls and hope to hear from you at some stage, when you all got time to relax, which is not easy at times with coming and goings. love and hugs, xoxo

• kt1966
    Options

Hi.

I hope your mum has settled in to the rest home Musical. I imagine it is a huge change for her, hard for you if its hard for her too...

Keep warm midnight.

I've just optimistically hung out some washing. I think I'll have to run outside & get it in soon- the sun peeked out & looked so nice, but its clouding over again. The ground is sodden & it looks like more rain soon. 

Hope everyone had a good weekend. It was a quiet one here. My son had a friend over, we visited rellies and I did some shopping with my daughter.

Hope you're on the mend Rainenz, home yet? 

Take care Smile 

• Rainenz
    Options

Musical Hope your mum is settling in to her new home.

I will be heading home sometime today. Have to wait to get the line out of my neck. Have a lot to learn regarding what foods I can now eat.

This is the first time online since I posted the other day. Will keep you posted

• Hils
    Options

Wow I thought all of you were very quiet and I was beginning to worry, then I realized somehow our thread had fallen off my favourite topics. Glad to find that you are all here!

Raine I hope you make a very speedy recovery - out of the 30 girls who had mastectomies in March on this forum (majority in USA) three of them had real problems with their TE's mainly due to infection. But on the positive side they have all recovered well and have now got new TEs and one has already had their exchange.

Musical I hope your mum settles easily into her new home, I know it is really hard for everyone. Hopefully your task list will get smaller and things will get alot easier for you.

Alyson I really do feel for you re your MIL she sounds very similar to mine and about as technophobic. It makes it really hard. But on the positive side my Dad used to be just as bad (he is 80) and he seems to have turned a corner. He now uses the computer and ofeten sends me emails and jokes from his other mates

Hope it has got a bit warmer for you Midnight. The rain seems to have brought the clouds and has made it a bit warmer up here.

Kt re your question about TE's. What can I say, I thought I had your basic TE which resembles a balloon that is filled with saline and is then exchanged at a later date for silicon implants. But I was told by my PS last month that this is not actually true (funny it took them three months to tell me)! I actually have a TE which is both silicone and saline, it has been inflated over time via a port. So instead of an exchange I will have a final fill then the port will be removed, so it  should be a quick operation. This will occur in the next 5 months. The implant is cool to the touch and is squishy (soft to the touch). Because it is implanted in the pec muscle it can feel strange when you are doing certain things like opening the curtains. Hope this helps if you have any specific questions please fire away, very happy to try and help.

Hope everyone is well and that the rain is not causing any problems for any of you. Will try not tol lose you all again 

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Ladies just want to say thanks so much for all your kind and thoughtful comments. I appreciate that as I love my mum dearly. I just cant find the words to express how hard this has been and still is.  I  feel so whacked with all the side issues and red tape. Hopefully I'll have enough in me to come back in soon.

Thinking of you Rainenz. Hope you are settled back home and have a speedy recovery. 

• midnight1327
    Options

Hi gals, talked to BC nurse and she  is going to  send me a booklet about the reults and my results and that i can understand them in easy tems, but i was er postive-progesterone postive and HER2- grade 3. so i got to talk to her at long last. so will look forward to that and they took alot of tissue out which gave me clear margins, the only negitive part was it was grade 3 and if i get  new primary one or recurrance they wil def consider bi lateral mx. so i am not her2 which explains why i did not get herceptin.  when book comes out i will have a real good understanding. glad i talked to her, cleared it up for me.

• kt1966
    Options

Thats great you got to talk to the BC nurse at last midnight. It really helps to understand what exactly you are dealing with doesn't it. sounds like you are getting the right treatment after all.

It will be good when your mum is a bit more settled Musical- I hope that will be soon.

Rainenez, I hope you managed to get home yesterday and the diet is not too different from what you are used to. It will be nice to be home I'm sure.

Nice to 'see' you again Hils after you lost us!

I'm getting my aclasta infusion soon (zoledronic acid) and went to the local pharmacy to price it out, $820!~ ouch ~ I will have to go down to Auckland & buy it- its a little cheaper there....I do wonder why I even want to get it as it makes me sick (literally!) but I guess its added protection against BC as well as osteopenia....

Hope you are well Alyson, haven't seen you for a bit.  

• Alyson
    Options

I'm here KT. Just feeling a bit out of sorts. The rheumatoid is really playing up and actually had to take tramadol today, hate taking pain killers and it bungs me up quite badly but just needed some pain relief.

Have been trying to value my dinner set plus all the extras we have and its rather frightening, have been collecting Portmeirrion for many years  and the value is now incredible. A friend gave me a few pieces when she went back to the UK after the Edgecombe earthquake and that started me off.

Trying to organise a holiday but things keep getting in the way and have just heard that one of the owner/directors of the company my DH is with died suddenly this morning in the States so this will add another complication. Don't get me wrong it is terrible but will put more pressure on DH. Sudden heart attack but they thought he was fine after surgery a couple of years ago and he was really quite young - in his fifties. It has knocked DH as he too has heart problems, has had valve replaced, 3 bypasses several stents, pacemaker etc. 

Hadn't realised what the time was. The cats have appeared informing me that it is almost tea time. 

• Alyson
    Options

Everyone must be busy today!!!

• kt1966
    Options

Hiya Alyson! Just checking in. Finally sent my son off with DH for the hockey game (nice having him home to do it!)

I hope your rheumatoid arthritis has settled down today & you're not in pain. Yes, it would be nice if you could organise your holiday. Its always nice to have something to look forward to. 

I'm looking forward to the promised better weather at the end of the week. I don't like being cooped up inside, its too wet to get on with my planting.

Hope everyone else is having a good day. See you Smile 

• Hils
    Options

Evening everyone

Sorry to hear about the rheumatoid arthritis pain you are dealing with at the moment Alyson. I am sure the damp cold weather is not helping - lets hope the suns comes out soon. Portmeirron china is very popular so I am sure you will be able to get a good deal, lets hope and then you can organise your holiday. Hope you make your DH take it easy especially with all that is happening at work - I know easier said than done.

Your wish looks as if it coming true Kt and by the sun looks as if it will be with us as the week progresses. I am having a load of bark delivered tomorrow so I am also hoping that the rain stops so that I can shift the stuff around the garden. Wow your aclasta infusion is so expensive how often do you need this and do you have to pay for it each time? Sorry for my lack of knowledge but what is it for? 

Midnight great to hear that you have finally received your pathology report and you have managed to discuss this with your BC nurse. Great to hear that you were HER2 negative as well.

Hope Raine and Musical are OK and that everything is coming together for you both

Hump day is nearly over which means that it is only a few more days before the weekend. Take care everyone

Hils

• kt1966
    Options

Hi Hils. The infusion is only once a year thank goodness. Its to counteract the effects of zoladex & letrozole on my bones (was already osteopenic, don't want osteoporosis). It also has the added bonus of reducing risk of BC recurrence.

Hope you get your mulch spread. Its still grey here, but hopefully won't rain. My SIL is up from Wellington, so we're all off out to dinner. It'll be nice- and I love an excuse to get out of the kitchen.

Well, better go- have to get my DD to school & she's running super late..

Have a good day all 

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hey Ladies, hope you are all well and not doing anything too much to upset our compromised bodies. I'm watching my thumb at the moment, its red and a little inflamed. Those horrid little skin wicks around the nails. Yeah lymphoedema arm...so I better watch it so I dont get that miserable business called cellulitis. Im finding the Arimidex is drying my skin out more than Tamox.

OK Well who felt it at just B4 7pm tonight.... havent looked yet where it was. Sneaky too I never heard that one, but the arials on the TV were sure moving. 

My mum is settling in, and its been hard yakka getting her settled but our mums are worth it arent they. I hope to bring her out sometime this weekend. Lots of work to be done dealing with surlpus stuff. 

Midnight Im so pleased AT LAST to hear youre getting some action and some answers. Thats great news.

Raine thinking of you. Hope all is OK. Please check in and keep us updated as to how youre going.

kt and Hils, sounds like you guys are real troopers with all your planting and gardening and stuff.  Hope you look after those arms. I also havent heard of so many different things they use to treat us with. Wow kt thats a lot of money to pay....is it not funded? Is zoladex & letrozole another term for one of the AI'S?

Alyson hope you are feeling better and the arthritis gives you a break. Its the last thing we need. At times Im still feeling like 90 when I go to get up after sitting a while. Fortunately once I get going the achy joints free up. 

Have a good evening all.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

FYI.....

# Reference Number: 3745640
    # NZST: Thu, Jul 26 2012 6:57 pm
    # Magnitude: 5.2
    # Depth: 30 km
    # Details: 30 km south of Dannevirke

• kt1966
    Options

You've been getting lots of shakes! It's been years since I've felt one.

I'm glad your mum is settling in, I hope you get all the other stuff sorted soon.

Tha zoladex is to shut down ovaries & letrozole (generic femara) is an AI. They are funded thank goodness, but the aclasta is only funded if you are osteoporotic or have had a fracture. Bummer.

I hope your thumbs feel better soon and the inflammation goes down. It is a nuisance all the SEs of AIs....my joints play up a bit. The ongoing joys of BC treatment.

Night all, have a good one :D

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Earthquake tonight