Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

For Arimidex (Anastrozole) users, new, past, and ongoing

Comments

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

Peggy, makes sense to me!  at this time, I do not really remember if the MO said morning or if that is just what I did~~

• pontiacpeggy
    pontiacpeggy Member Posts: 6,338

Iris, it is so hard to remember!  If it didn't happen today - forget it :)

• proudtospin

Hmmm. I got lost this week on the way to my PCD office and I have been using her forever~~ missed the dang turn and sat in the car feeling dang stupid and forgetful~

• pontiacpeggy

Iris, HAHAHAHA!!  Been there, done that.  Called distraction I believe.

• proudtospin

I am thinking I need a driver! 

• pontiacpeggy

Iris, that works for me!

• proudtospin

when I was in my younger wild and crazy days, folks used to rent limo to go bar hoping along the Jersey Shore......so a limo would really help me some times!

• pontiacpeggy

In my college days we drank on campus.  No limos for me.  Of course this was back in the Dark Ages!

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784

What? I *never* drank.Winking

• pontiacpeggy

HAHA!!  Well, my experience differed from yours. Auroaya!  College.  Now I have a glass of wine with dinner most nights.  

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

I was always a light weight. Could get smashed on 1-2 drinks back then. I would sober up fast too so I would drive home.

Now it takes about 1/2 a glass of wine Loopy

• pontiacpeggy

Lago, I just have a decent sized glass of wine.  And I don't drive at all if I drink.  I get pleasantly buzzed with that amount.  A big glass and I'm ready for a nap - always ready for one anyway.  

I'm glad I didn't have to drive back in college.  I drank alot of beer (and peed a whole lot too).  I went to a commuter college and lived on campus.  We had areas where security turned a blind eye to drinking, preferring us to drink on campus and not drive.  We always lost a few students to drunk driving every summer.  It was a small campus at that time.  Now it's huge and I'm sure that our behavior then wouldn't fly today.

• proudtospin

ah yes, young and adventuresome~~

now old and sleepy early!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,546

You know you are old when 'Happy Hour' means taking a nap Happy

• pontiacpeggy

Iris and Ruthbru, ain't that the truth!  I qualify as old, I think, at 69 (but I still feel only 40!).

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

I never drove when under the influence. I was sober before I got behind the wheel.

• pontiacpeggy

Lago, I certainly didn't mean to imply that you weren't sober when driving.  Very sorry if I gave that impression.  I find that alcohol hits me harder now that I am older thus any alcohol and I don't drive.  Probably more aware of the dangers than I was 40 years ago.

• iamnancy
    iamnancy Member Posts: 641

I take my pill right after dinner - that works for me...and it doesn't effect my sleep.

• pontiacpeggy

IamNancy, I wouldn't have thought of after dinner.  I don't take any pills then and I would probably forget.  I think I may do best at breakfast to begin with.  Thanks!

• proudtospin

well I am 65 and welcomed getting old!  I was in terror for the last few years that my company would close and I would be left with no health insurance!

made it but mano it was nip and tuck for a time!

old is good

• pontiacpeggy

iris, old is definitely good!  I can understand your anxiety.  I was lucky that I was able to work until I was 65 (thank heavens for Medicare!).  I'd still be working if I could since I enjoyed it.  But my job is taking care of DH and I'm glad to do it.  

• proudtospin

I am sorry for your husbands illness, he is fortunate to have such a caring person to care for him

my life in retirement...much slower but in a good way!

• pontiacpeggy

Thank you for the very kind words, Iris.  I try.

• prettyone123
    prettyone123 Member Posts: 1

I have been on the Anastrzole for years now, 4 more to go.  This medicine has messed me up, no energy, body aches daily, hard to walk, pain all the time on joints, just can't walk like I use to.Sad  Hard to do housework, have to stop and sit.   Depleted me of all my energy.  My Onc says stick with it, its working, sure hope so.  I want to stop it for month, just to see if this med is the cause of all my pain.  I hardly get hot flashes though.  I rake my Med in evening.....  My brain is not as clear either, fog brain, may be from the chemo I had, maybe both.  Hate that feeling., want to think clearly again......I will just force myself to walk a mile, keep moving, even though I am in pain..... I want my Old self back, so do my children and grands.  I am blessed to be sitting here typing this.  So I will stop complaining.  You are doing great and I hope I can feel as good as you eventually.  Good Luck

• Golden01
    Golden01 Member Posts: 527

I take mine in the morning because it is easier for me to remember to take it. Also, if I forget, I can take it later in the day! My husband usually reminds me to take my medicine. 

• pontiacpeggy

Golden1, good idea.  I take 3 other pills in the morning and won't notice one more.  And I actually remember to take them!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,546

Some days would be so hectic that I wouldn't remember if I took it or not, so I bought one of those little daily pill containers & put it right on top of my underwear drawer. If I wasn't sure if I took it or not, I would look in the 'Saturday' slot, and if the pill was gone....that meant I already took it.

• proudtospin

I could not live without my little pill tray!  I fill it up once every two weeks (I have a 2 week try!  it is also helpful telling me what day of the week it is when my brain is foggy!  Mine is next to my coffee pot!

• Golden01
    Golden01 Member Posts: 527

I use a pill container too. Moved it from beside the coffee pot because my sister spilled the coffee once I lost about a week of Tamoxifen (I got more!). 

• proudtospin

oooh dear, sounds like me, maybe I should relocate the thing