Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

For Arimidex (Anastrozole) users, new, past, and ongoing

Comments

• pontiacpeggy
    pontiacpeggy Member Posts: 6,338

Nice picture, Patoo!

I'm so in awe of you ladies, teaching, coping with BC, driving buses. Here I am sitting around today. Twisted my knee or hyperextended it or something yesterday. It isn't real happy but I'm mobile. HOWEVER, I squatted down to reach back in a floor level cupboard and realized that getting up was not going to be nearly as easy getting down. #2 son said I'll live and probably didn't do damage. I am feeling very sorry for myself, though :( I had great plans on decluttering today which didn't happen. Instead I've read all day (always good) and that always cheers me up. End pity party :)

HUGS!

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455

Must be something in the air. I got my feet tangled up in an extension cord by my computer tonight and took two staggering steps and down I went. On the way down my brain said, don't hurt your right wrist again, so I put it up in the air and landed on the other arm and both knees. Rug burn on right arm and pain in right knee but I can walk so we will wait til a.m. to re-assess. Already have small black bruise above the other knee Scared the heck ou t of me.....Of course, I was in the middle of cooking an Epicurious dish from the What's for Dinner thread that took most of the afternoon and 3 sets of dishwashing's, I had the sewing machine set up on the dining room table and the ironing board next to it for a project that i'm working on, hence the darn cords everywhere.... ...

• pontiacpeggy

Red, Yikes! I've been re-assessing since yesterday afternoon. Since I'm not dying I assume I'll be all right pretty soon. I'm luck that I can have the sewing machine on the dining room table and ironing board up and not have cords to fall over. I'm strange in that I always put the sewing machine away when I am done for the day. Nothing left out. Of course, it makes it hard for the kitty to get into mischief (the whole idea). What are you sewing and what were you cooking?

HUGS!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Peg, 6 years ago I told my stupidvisor to take this job and shove it. I liked driving, just was getting to be too much. The hours were horrible, the pay, lousy. But that's Florida. I had about a 10 month wait for SS. Health wise, it's good I got out when I did. Now I highly recommend retirement. I get to play with Spookie all day. I'm gonna watch out for cords too!

Nice pic Patoo!!!!

• pontiacpeggy

Spookie, I'll second retirement. I really thought I'd be working until I dropped dead but that job disappeared with the economy. Next job (which former boss found for me) wasn't a good fit and also went away due to the economy. I had 2 months off retirement and DH had his heart attack and then 5 years as caregiver. Playing with Spookie all day is good! It is bad for us to be in jobs we hate. Stress is not our friend. Glad you told them to shove it!

HUGS!

• tjh
    tjh Member Posts: 272

I taught HS for a year before coming to the MS. One advantage there is that most of the EBD students at that age have probation officers so if they are out of line you can them, they come to school for a "chat" and then the kids usually get back in line. This year my biggest challenges are the girls. I still love what I do, I give them a safe environment and they grow, learn and mature. But the politics are tough. I have decided I want to be move active in PTA and the Booster clubs for DD who goes up to the HS next year...so I will be wife, Mom and GMa. DH is 10 years older. One thing BC has taught me is enjoy everyday.

• Redheaded1

Peg, I am working on a quilt--it is a mystery quilt and I get a clue every month, and I am behind. Making tons of flying geese. Yes, If I was motivated I would have put it all away each night, but I am just too tired then to drag it out and start all over again. As long as it has sat, I should put it away, or at least at the other end of the table.....my house is very small...

The meal is braised lamb shanks with white beans. If you like lamb (and it is an aqquired taste) this is really good. Don't look at the calories or the $$....Just enjoy it. The navy beans by themselves cooked this way are excellent......even w/o the lamb.

I retired early, so I had to stay in the employee health insurance at full cost. Just got the notice that it has a 9% increase---now 690 a month .....but I do get to deduct premiums off taxes....(I'm 58)

• Redheaded1

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

great quilt

• pontiacpeggy

Red, that is looking really good! I like it. Don't put it away. Keep at it.

HUGS!

• spookiesmom

Yes I kept my employee insurance till I turned 65. Was 590 a month, just for me. And all the copays for cancer, was really expensive.

This is for all the teachers. image

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

I kept my company insurance till 65 but my monthly was just over 700, for lousy coverage too! fortunately it was only for about 5 months

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,538

Neat quilt!

Yikes Spookie, I am subbing tomorrow......

• spookiesmom

You have my sympathy. Halloween and Valentines Day are the WORST for any school personnel. Good luck!!!!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,538

Maybe it's still far enough out that I will survive. I always thought the day AFTER Halloween was worse, by then the kids had all stayed out too late and were all sugared up!

• tjh
    tjh Member Posts: 272

The MS was nuts today...but better then last Friday....I am lucky/blessed/thankful with insurance. My DH is a retired Army officer so we have Tricare. No premiums. We paid $3000. out of pocket.

• Rosiesride
    Rosiesride Member Posts: 197

wow,Spookiesmom!! My kinders were off the wall today! I told my TA we were having a full moon....I try to

Downplay Hallloween until the very last minute! Not my favorite holiday....

• spookiesmom

The anticipation. And your right, the day after with the sugar highs.

• SusieQE
    SusieQE Member Posts: 5

has anyone had rapid heartbeat after 2 years on Arimidex? Very sudden onset. Was 140 resting, normal is 70. Went off Arimidex and after a month went down to 90.

• pontiacpeggy

SusieQE, welcome! We're sorry you need to be here but glad you found us. It would help us answer your question if you would fill out your profile and make it public. There are so many things that can influence your heart rate. Hope you find the answer.

HUGS!

• Molly50
    Molly50 Member Posts: 3,008

Susie, I think you should call your oncologist as soon as possible.

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582

Susie - yup, rapid heart rate is a se of Arimidex - I had it. Probably want to get to your PCP quickly or else emerg - which is where I went because it was the weekend - need to get it checked out!

• Golden01
    Golden01 Member Posts: 527

Picked up my 3-month supply of Anastrozole last night. Was the second trip to the pharmacy as the prescriptions I needed to pick up weren't ready (was also one for my husband and he needed it yet last night). I was chatting with the pharmacy tech about our favorite Halloween candies and didn't look closely at the prescription until I got home. It was the "Accord" generic rather than the one made by "Teva". I had bad joint pain on the Accord last year. Two calls to the pharmacy and then a wait for a return call, they'll have the "Teva" one in at the end of the week and I can pick it up and exchange the others at no cost. Luckily, I didn't wait too long and I've got enough pills to get me through to the weekend. Long story, short . . . I'll check the label more carefully next time! I don't want to risk my feet hurting so bad again.

• spookiesmom

It's SUPPOSED to be on my file at Walgreens TEVA only. I go in person to refill it and tell them again. They screw it up every time. Very annoying!! And I have to plan a week in advance for their incompetence.

• pontiacpeggy

Luckily, my Walgreen's manages to get me Teva every time but I watch very carefully. Of course, they've only had a year to screw up. I get 90 days at a time and that does cut down on the chance for error - I guess. I'm surprised because I have no faith in the pharmacists at my store.

HUGS!

• spookiesmom

I use Walmart for all my other stuff. They say they can't get TEVA. No problems with my other stuff, but not mfg specific either.

• Lily55
    Lily55 Member Posts: 1,748

I am just about to start Anastrozole (Bluebird) which is only 1mg, having stopped Letrozole and then Aromasin.........(over a year on each) - is all Anatrozole ony 1mg?  Letrozole was 25mg............................is it better to take at night or in the morning?

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243

Hi Lilly, yes, all anastrozole is 1 mg. When you take it is individual (like everything else about this disease). Some take it at night and others in the morning. Some say it keep them awake (hence they won't take at night) and others say it does not. You should do whatever works for you. {{HUGS}}

• pontiacpeggy

Lily, I take mine in the morning. I doubt it keeps me awake but that's what works best for me. Hope you have good luck with it. I have.

HUGS!

• Lily55
    Lily55 Member Posts: 1,748

THank you both, yes I hope it is third time lucky!!!