Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Tumor markers elevated, a little worried right now.

Options

Comments

• linnyhopp
    linnyhopp Member Posts: 466
    Options

Just a quick post to share my news...the PET scan showed no recurrence of BC!  To say I am walking on air is an understatement.  My husband insisted that we go out for dinner to celebrate.  I was disappointed that I wouldn't have to cook, but managed to enjoy that pasta and wine!  Thanks to all of you for your support and caring.  I can not tell you how very MUCH I appreciate all that you have done to try and calm my nerves.  My wish for all of you is that you should have a day as happy as mine was today.  You guys are the best and I know how blessed I am to have my prayers answered.  This journey is never easy and I know how high the highs can be and  how low the lows can be.  Here's to "highs" for all of us!  Hugs & Love...Linda

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,007
    Options

Linda, that is AWESOME news! 

We are delighted to hear it

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,833
    Options

Kathy and Linda, I'm so happy for both you, passing with flying colors and coming out CLEAN and NO CANCER. I know how huge that relief is. May you always be cancer free.

Teddybear, how about you? Are you still waiting for results?

• linnyhopp
    Options

Goldie ~ Thanks for your kindness and good wishes.  I only wish that they would find a cure so that we could all live a worry-free life.  I know you have had to accept terrible news and you are so gracious in cheering us on.  You are certainly "paying it forward" with a generosity that only a BC survivor can offer.  I hope that your treatments keep this lousy, rotten disease in check.  My hope is that we all survive for a LONG, LONG time.  I hope you keep posting here so that we will know how you are doing.  There is something about going through a crisis that bonds people together.  If there is anything I can ever do for you, please let me know. 

On a totally different note, where do you live in Arizona?  One of my closest (and recently diagnosed with BC) friends lives in Peoria.  It's a great area.  I really enjoy the time we spend there visiting...as long as it isn't in the summer!  The anastrazole gives me frequent and massive hot flashes, so high temperatures are not my friend and I am not a pretty sight when I get one! 

I am hoping we hear from Teddybear, too.  I hope she posts her again soon.  Take care and hope we stay in touch...Linda

To the wonderful Moderators...thank you so much for your message.  I truly appreciate it.  This site has been a Godsend to me in the past 3 years.  I never knew that there were so many wonderful, generous, and caring women who are willing to share their generosity of spirit even during their worst times. 

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    Options

Hooray, Linda!!! Praise God! And Goldie, May your current treatments keep you NED!! Teddy Bear!! Hope we hear from you soon !! Let us all keep in touch!!

• linnyhopp
    Options

Kathy ~ Thanks so much for your help these past few weeks.  Praise God for sure!  I am so grateful for all of the family and friends who prayed for me.  I feel for anyone who has to go through this torture and I pray for all of us that a cure will finally be found.  In the meantime I think we are meant to live our lives and appreciate and enjoy the time we are given.  My birthday is this Sunday and I am so thrilled that I got what I wanted this year!   No material possession equals our health...that's for sure!  I will be checking here regularly so that we can keep in touch. 

Teddybear ~ I hope we hear from you soon.  We are here if you need us!

Hugs to all...Linda

• teddybear71
    teddybear71 Member Posts: 38
    Options

Sorry I haven't posted, I have been keeping busy. It was my son's 16th birthday yesterday and then my daughter also left yesterday to go back to college. I had my scan on Monday and see my Oncologist on Friday for the results.....I am just so ready for Friday to get here. Linnyhopp I am so happy to hear that your scan came back clear!!!! I am hoping for the same news!

• Kindergarten
    Options

Dear Linda!! I wish you a birthday filled with many blessings, joy, love, laughter and continued good health!!! Teddy bear, I am sure you anxiously waiting to see your onc tomorrow!! You are in my thoughts and prayers!!! 

• linnyhopp
    Options

Thanks so much, Kathy.  I will be celebrating with family on Sunday and I am so grateful to have them all in my life.  It will be fun to see how my great niece likes first grade.  She bought lunch today for the first time with the lunch cards our schools use and she came home and told her mother she has her first credit card!  Wow, they sure learn young.  Thanks for all of your kind wishes....I am definitely feeling blessed this year.  All of us know that health is the greatest thing we can have and I wish that for all of us.

Teddybear ~ I am praying for you to have good results tomorrow.  I truly know how you feel and the waiting is torture.  I am glad you won't have to go through the weekend not knowing how it went.  Please let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow.  I will be sending you a cyber hug for sure!

• teddybear71
    Options

I saw my Oncologist today and was told that my scans were clear, no Cancer!!!! I was ecstatic, the best news I have ever heard. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes it means a lot.

• linnyhopp
    Options

Teddybear ~ I am so, so thrilled for you.  Our prayers have certainly been answered.  Sunday is my birthday and the results of the scan are the BEST gift ever!   What an ordeal we have been through the past couple of weeks, but we made it and with great news to boot.  Take care and have a great weekend...we deserve it! 

• goldie0827
    Options

Thank the Lord! So so happy for you Teddybear. No cancer! I'll have to go back to do a little more reading. I think you were being screened for cancer?

So, that is all 3 of you now. We have NED and no cancer at all! Isn't that wonderful, and a great reason for a celebration!

Happy Birthday Linda, wishing you many many many more!

• goldie0827
    Options

Ok, I went back a few pages TeddyBear, and see you were being checked because tumor markers were up. But still, NED is a great guy to dance with. May you all dance with him for a long time!

• teddybear71
    Options

Yes, Goldie I will dance dance dance with anyone and everyone. I still have 2 1/2 years left of Tamoxifen and can not wait until I don't feel like I have to worry about it coming back, but not sure that feeling ever goes away.

• goldie0827
    Options

I was not going to be satisfied until I reached 10 years, but I was living life without thinking about cancer every day. If they offer 10 years of AI's to you, I would do it. My mets showed up just 6 months after ending my AI, same with another gal that I know here.

• Kindergarten
    Options

Hi, Teddybear, such great news!!!!  Hooray!!! Prayers are answered!! 

Yes, Goldie, I have been on Aromasin for almost 9 years, and I will stay on it for one more year!!  How are you doing? 

• goldie0827
    Options

Kathy, 9 years! That is huge, congratulations. So far I am doing fantastic, no pain and only hot flashes to deal with. But after 6 of them, I'm sort of used them! Thank you for asking.

• Kindergarten
    Options

Dear Goldie, so happy that you are doing fantastic!! You have such a positive attitude, you will continue to do well, I know it !

• linnyhopp
    Options

Kathy Teddybear & Goldie ~ Glad to hear that you are all doing well even though we are at different levels of treatment.  I asked my MO when he gave me the prescription for anastrazole if I would be taking it for 5 years and he said at least that long and probably 10.  I feel like if I have to take it forever I am willing to do it.  Yes, I have terrible hot flashes to the point where my hair is dripping wet and my face is beet red, add to that the joint pain and sometimes it does get discouraging, but I am able to work, play and enjoy life so I try to just look at the big picture and try no to complain too much.  During this 3 year journey I have had people say that they don't know how I do it.  I always say there really isn't a choice if you want to stick around for awhile.  I am always amazed when I hear the things our fellow BC'ers have been through and have still remained positive and hopeful.  I have really enjoyed getting to know all of you on this thread and I hope we keep in touch.  I plan on checking back often and I hope all of you do as well!  Hugs...Linda. 

• goldie0827
    Options

Thanks girls, I too hope to do well for a long time! As well as all of you!

Linda, 10 years on Arimidex/Anastazole. My onc told me only 5 due to the bone damage it can cause. Do you get a DEXA every year, to keep an eye on your bones?

Hugs back....Lori

• linnyhopp
    Options

Laurie ~ Yes, I do have a DEXA every year.  The MO insists on it and he did say that taking it for longer than 5 years would have to be determined by the effect on my bones.  I have read about people who do take the AI's longer than 5 years.  I guess it's becoming a little more common place as time goes by.  As I get closer to the 5 year mark (God willing and the creek don't rise) I will be doing more research about it.  I have been on the drug for 2 years, so I have awhile to go before I get really worried about the effects, that is if my DEXA shows problems.  The fun never stops, does it?  Loopy

• Kindergarten
    Options

I have a Dexa every year too!! I have been on aromasin for almost 9 years, and so far my osteopenia has not gotten worse! My onc wants me to take the pill for one more year! 

• linnyhopp
    Options

Hi Kathy...I am hoping I can tolerate the drug and not have any increasing problems with my bones.  I have a feeling that when we are told to stop taking the drug there will be a very nervous feeling.  It will be like jumping out of a plan with no parachute! 

I hope everyone has a safe and fun Labor Day weekend.  Next stop...Halloween!  Can you tell I work at a school...lol?!

• Kindergarten
    Options

Linda, Have a wonderful weekend!!  I was just at the 99 cent store! buying  a few Halloween things, he,he,he!! Our new grandson is due October 26th!!!

• linnyhopp
    Options

Kathy...Hope you are enjoying the long weekend.  I am chuckling at your fall buys because I have a new harvest door wreath in my car trunk even as I write this.  I honestly do think that school people live their life from holiday to holiday...lol ! How exciting to be waiting for a new grandchild!  What does the boy/girl count stand now?  I bet you will love having another one to spoil!

• Kindergarten
    Options

hi, Linda! Yes, definitely, we school people live from season to season, and love to buy seasonal decorations and decorate!! How was your first week of school?  We have 2 grandsons and 2 grandaughters!! Enjoy your weekend!! 

• linnyhopp
    Options

Kathy ~ The start of school has been super busy for the office staff.  Don't you remember how we always bug you for all the first day info the parents send back...lol?!  Well, we are in the midst of checking and sorting it all out.  I have been busy ordering "stuff" that people forgot they wanted for the beginning of the year.  Tonight is Back to School Night and I am not sad that we don't have to be there.  If we kept the office open we could probably get even more parents telling us they aren't going to comply with the rules...Loopy  It's a good thing I love my job most days.  So, is the count 2 boys and 2 girls including your almost born grandchild?  I am sure they keep you busy and I bet you love every minute of it.  My friends tell me that the best part of being a grandparent is spoiling the kids then sending them home!  Take care and have a great rest of the week...hugs to you!

• Kindergarten
    Options

Hi, Linda, Bless your heart, the first week of school is so busy and crazy!! I am sure you are A blessing to all the teachers! We can be challenging to the office staff! Thank you for all your patience!!

Yes, when our new grandson arrives, it will be two girls and two boys!! 

Have a great day!!

• many
    many Member Posts: 57
    Options

we have been checking my tumor marker since last 2 years and they have been betwwen 12 to 18 ,in june they rose to 27 and now in August tyer are 33 ( normal is below 32) so just a point above normal 

is tis seroius or worrysome

plz guide

• goldie0827
    Options

Many, it may or may not be. TM's can rise for many reasons. You won't know until they do scans. My onc was gonna blow mine off, as he says they usually don't mean anything and you can't rely on them. I insisted, and wala....bone mets for me. So, it's up to you and your doctor. Good luck and I hope for you it is NOTHING.