Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

No treatments for me.

Comments

• itsjustme10
    itsjustme10 Member Posts: 64
    edited June 2013

That's a beautiful photo - glad to read everything is going well. :)

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited June 2013

Thanks for sharing that photo of Cindy. She looks pretty darn wonderful considering all that she has been through!

• ElaineForCindyRose
    ElaineForCindyRose Member Posts: 76
    edited July 2013

Hello Dear Ladies,

Today is Cindy's birthday ... sending her love and gentle hugs.

Hopes for moments of peace for you all

Elaine

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited July 2013

I wish Cindy a happy birthday, albeit with some hesitation. I don't celebrate any birthdays or even acknowledge them since BC, so don't want to offend you either way .... but you are in my heart and prayers EVERY day, happy for your grandchild, hoping for peace for you and your family.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited July 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CIN!!! hope you are doing well!!! Miss u!!

• ali68
    ali68 Member Posts: 644
    edited July 2013

Happy birthday Cindy, I'm into making cakes so sending you a big fat chocolate cupcake. X

Had a check up with surgeon yesterday and still all clear.

Love to everyone xx

• Letselina
    Letselina Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2013

Kiss wishing you an wonderful birthday Cindy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• goodprognosis
    goodprognosis Member Posts: 195
    edited July 2013

Wonderful birthday wishes Cindy.  Have a great one Laughing x x x x

• ElaineForCindyRose
    edited July 2013

"I've outlived my Use By Date," says Cindy.  The things people say -I doubt I'll check expiration dates without thinking about Cindy ~and with a grin =0)  She wasn't trying to make a joke, she was simply expressing how she feels.

She says the disease is progressing, she's exhausted all the time, doesn't sleep well or for long periods of time. She is in pain -Hospice people are taking good care of her, meds been upped, she's been told to have the oxygen tubes on, but she won't during the day -Mom says her O2 saturation is in the 60s and without oxygen the brain can't function well ... or your body, for that matter ... and that, too, will make you tired. So, low O2 in addition to the 'expected' fatigue really exacerbates things. Without oxygen many things stop working and die. 

They say the cancer's moved to her brain, she isn't able to hold her head up any more, her memory continues to decline -she said the other day she thought her best friend was pregnant --her bf hasn't been pregnant for 20yrs. One of our DS and Mom says Cindy sometimes talks "nonsense."   When I spoke with her, she was coherent. She loves her Grandbaby -you can feel a change in energy & happiness when she talks about her ~though it quickly fades and she seems more tired afterwards. 

Mom arranged to have our DB and SIL to take pic's last week -it was accomplished in parts .... Cin woke up, got showered and dressed -napped- got up, fixed up, took a few pics ... rested ... a few more ... rested ... etc .... it was not an easy process, and it took so very much out of Cindy. But the trooper that she is, allows us to have lasting memories on paper & computer as well as our brains.

The family is in the process of making a collage with shoulder and head shots of us all for Cindy. Our DB is also going to make a CD for us all to have pics of family to be able to look at.   

Cindy got arts and crafts stuff for her birthday -she says colored paper, scissors that cut different shapes & squiggly lines, and also picture frames --so she can have something to do that doesn't require her memory.

One DS is having an awful time with Cindy's progression -she says the only good thing is that Cindy will be with our father ... but even that doesn't bring her much comfort.

Someone said when we cry after someone dies, we cry for ourself, not for the person who's died. Perhaps that's true ... but surely it isn't completely selfish, I cry and wish we could all be blessed with people we've lost -maybe they gave all they could give, but sometimes them being there for a child to know their hug or smile, seems like it isn't so much to ask/wish for.  I understand the concept we all have a finite amount of time to live, a role to play in the lives of people we interact with, that none live forever and to ask/expect otherwise is foolish (if we, none of us, ever died, old and decrepid as we know it would mean something different for sure! ... and talk about an over-population problem, oh, my!) Letting go ....

• ali68
    edited July 2013

Elaine, my heart goes out to you and the family. I would think from now on it will be harder for you all. I just want Cindy to be pain free, drift off in a peaceful dream thinking of her family. We are all here for you and Cindy but please Elaine come and cry with us.

When I hear people moaning about stupid things I wish life was like that for me and everyone on here.

Take care xx

• blondiex46
    edited July 2013

Elaine thanks for writing, it is comforting to hear from either or both of you....

• leggo
    leggo Member Posts: 379
    edited July 2013

Elaine, we've all come to love Cindy and you so much. Wishing Cindy to be free from pain and peace to your family.

• ElaineForCindyRose
    edited July 2013

thank you for .... being there   

hugs

• Letselina
    Letselina Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2013

Elaine its not selfish your putting things in context. I look at my family and know its going to be much harder on them. For me there is pain and anguish at their distress aswell as the physical pain.

Talking through this stuff is possibly the best way to deal with it. You are slowly losing someone you love dearly in a cruel way. Honestly about emotions is hard on some but we are here and that is all we can do to help.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• sarahsmom
    sarahsmom Member Posts: 276
    edited July 2013

briefly checking in...movers and packers all around...but thinking of Cin - I am so sorry she's having some regression. I think everyone here will agree with me - the picture is magical!! Something about it draws me in. Cin is amazing, and she continues to teach us through this journey.  I want her to be painfree! This was her wish and her selected journey, how I wish it was easier. Thank goodness for hospice, God bless those strong and compassionate people!

Hugs to you, Elaine, and I hope that you are okay and at peace.  Much love to all - your soon-to-be in the Middle East sister

• ali68
    edited July 2013

Carp, good luck with the move, will you get your belonging straight away. A friend of mine is moving to OZ and she will have to wait 3 months so just taking a suitcase of things. When will you be there?

• Linda-n3
    edited July 2013

Elaine, thank you for your continued support of Cin and all of us here. My heart aches for you - I can only imagine how you are dealing with this, and yet, here you are, giving us updates.

Peace to each of you.

• leggo
    edited July 2013

Cin; Elaine, just a quick note to let you know I changed my screen name. Gracie was our cat's name and she passed away on our move to Arizona. It was too hard to keep typing in her name. Just didn't want you thinking some troll was moving in on your thread.

Cindy, I hope you're as comfortable as can be. Elaine, hope you're hanging tough. Love you both.

• CelineFlower
    CelineFlower Member Posts: 145
    edited July 2013

awww leggo.. my heart goes outto you.

my best friend/dog died on my before last chemo treatment day, 3 months ago...

im so lonely without a dog... 

we decidedto waittill surgery and rad tx was over.. but with the delays... i cant wait any longer..

vacation for my hubby starts july 19th,..... and we are getting a new furchild!

• blondiex46
    edited July 2013

leggo so sorry about your cat!!

• goodprognosis
    goodprognosis Member Posts: 195
    edited July 2013

Hi. Just popping in to say thinking and praying for Cindy.  Elaine it means so much to hear news about Cindy and family, you're so good to keep us updated.

Thinking about everyone on this thread and wishing painfree loving days.  Good luck with the furry friend Celine.  There's nothing quite like the love and devotion you get from them.  They can somehow lift us out of our bleakest times.  Enjoy your new little one !!

• leggo
    edited July 2013

Celine, blondie....thank you. She lived a good long life. Just came as a shock that we lost her on the plane.

Celine, wishing you much joy with your new furbaby.

• Cindy-Rose
    Cindy-Rose Member Posts: 77
    edited July 2013

Rick here, (Cindy's husband), she and I have had many talks about the end of life, how we feel about it, our wishes for our children, grandchildren, and families. The re-occurring thing that she and I keep coming back to is that atleast (when my time comes) I will be back in the loving arms of my soul-mate, in a place where there is no more sickness, pain, hurt, or anything bad. The only tears we'll cry then.....are for our overwhelming joy of finding each other again. I hope your eyes are still dry. Thank you gentle people

As for Cindy's birthday. Her Mom, and few of her siblings came here to the house, I bab-b-qued burgers and dogs for them. Thankfully the night befoer I made BBQ chicken breast, marcaroni salad, and diced water melon for us. I saved Cindy a second piece of chicken and she wanted that over the dogs and burgers. I am proud to report.......we are working on "kicking the fritter habit"!! :-) I will check in again soon....

you're all in our hearts and prayers,

Rick

• momcat1962
    momcat1962 Member Posts: 172
    edited July 2013

Rick,

What sweet words. I feel the same way. Know that Cindy, You, and her family and many loving friends are in my daily prayers.

• Linda-n3
    edited July 2013

Rick, thank you for your update, and I am so glad to hear of the party with everyone getting together. Blessings to you, as well as Cin, Elaine, and the family.

Leggo, I am SO sad to hear about your kitty. Was she in the cabin with you or in a crate wherever they put them on the plane? We have had 4 cats altogether, 2 at a time (to keep each other company); the first pair died a couple years apart, and our current cat lost her playmate a year after we moved. She had developed osteosarcoma, and when it was clear that she was suffering, we let her go. Some days I wish we were as kind to people as we are to our animals when they are suffering, and have asked my DH to care for me as he cared for our little Annie. That being said, it was not easy, and it is heartbreaking to lose a 4-legged member of the family.

Much love to all of you tonight.

• blondiex46
    edited July 2013

rick thanks so much for letting us know how you both are doing, appreciate it and my thoughts and prayers and smiles go to you and your lovely family.....am jealous that I don't have someone who takes care of me like she is taken care of by you!!!

• sarahsmom
    sarahsmom Member Posts: 276
    edited July 2013

Rick, thank you so much for checking in and for the update on Cin and her birthday celebration. You are an incredible man, she is so lucky to have you and I love that she ALWAYS, without fail, refers to you as her soulmate. So wonderful and precious. Take good care of yourself and give our lady hugs and good wishes from all of us!

Leggo, so sad about your sweet friend passing. I am so worried about transporting my dog overseas to the Middle East. I am sure he'll be fine but I worry, worry, worry! Hope you heal more with each passing day!

Ali, hubby leaves Saturday and the rest of us fly in a few weeks after I tie up a million loose ends here- we're going into a furnished house in a compound but still need to send some stuff (rest to storage).  We're expecting 3 months to see them again due to Ramadan, everything comes to a grinding halt...we're also just packing things we need and are lucky we can also mail a few boxes as needed, and also shop through Walmart which happily ships to the military overseas, shout out to them!

Hugs to all of you. Linda, how is the garden coming along?

• CelineFlower
    edited July 2013

Hello Rick,

Dry eyes.. ya right :) Thank you for sharring your heart with us..

• CelineFlower
    edited July 2013

• leggo
    edited July 2013

(((Rick))). It warms the heart to read of the special relationship the two of you have.

Cindy, hoping today finds you resting comfortably and pain free.

Linda, kitty was in cargo. We think it may have been the sedative we gave her. Thought we were doing the right thing to make it easier, but now it's just regret.

Carp, hoping your move goes smoothly. Hope I didn't scare you. Kitty was 19 years old so her age probably had everything to do with it. Your dog will be fine, I'm sure.