Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

No treatments for me.

Comments

• ali68
    ali68 Member Posts: 644
    edited July 2013

Rick, please can you tell Cindy we are all thinking of her every day and night. I want her to feel the love we all have for her. She really is an amazing woman xxx

• goodprognosis
    goodprognosis Member Posts: 195
    edited July 2013

Hi Rick

Wonderful to hear from you.  How lucky Cindy is to have such a loving husband.  We are all praying and thinking of you and all Cindy's family.  May you continue to get the strength you need to see you through these terrible times Rick for we know there is nowhere else you would rather be than at Cindy's side right now, loving and supporting her, and she knows it too.

God bless,

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited July 2013

Sending my love to Cin, Rick, Elaine, and their family.

Also sending lovingkindness to all of you who come here to support Cin and each other.

I find it interesting that when someone enters hospice care, they often survive longer than expected, maybe because treatment is gentler on the body, mind, and spirit, less energy goes into fighting the disease and all energy is focused on living each moment in as much comfort and love as possible. In any case, I am hoping Cin is as comfortable as possible for as much of the time as possible. Gentle hugs and lots of love.

• Linda-n3
    edited July 2013

Thinking of all of you tonight. I am on vacation with my family for 2 weeks, finally got back onto the internet tonight. Family is wonderful place to be.

Much love to Cin, Elaine, Rick, and all of you who support them.

• ali68
    edited July 2013

Linda have a great time. Xxx

Cindy, thinking of you hun. Xxx

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited July 2013

Cindy thinking of you!!!

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited July 2013

Okay, I have lurked for awhile and am concered for Cindy.  I wish her pain free days and nights. Sending her hugs and prayers.

• sarahsmom
    sarahsmom Member Posts: 276
    edited July 2013

Hey Moose, no need to lurk, thanks for being here to support our friend. Ladies, I am just days from flying away to the Middle East.  Hubby is gone and it's just me, the kids, a dog and a few boxes. We're going to make it, somehow!  I would love to hear from Cin, Elaine or Rick before I fly, fingers crossed. Love to all of you!  

• Linda-n3
    edited July 2013

Carpediem, bon voyage, in case I miss the departure date! Best wishes to you, and do log back on as soon as you can to let us know how things are going.

I have been with family all week, and tried to have a conversation with each of my siblings and my mom about my prognosis, treatment options, the cost of those treatment options to my quality and enjoyment of life, and trying to let them know how much I love them and don't ever want to hurt them, but there may come a time when I need to be more selfish and they need to be less selfish for me and let me go. My youngest brother just didn't want to hear any of it, so I really did not get to talk with him more than about 10 minutes during our entire week together. My sisters and mom were better and more supportive and understanding. My mom remains convinced I just have to be on the right drugs to keep the tumors at bay and all will be well, but really doesn't get it that about how much I struggle each day just trying to keep body, mind, soul, and heart together through all the SEs. I find inspiration in Cindy's blog and am so grateful for it as I deal with my own family.

So thank you, again, Cin, Elaine, Rick, and all of you supporters, for your honesty and love for each other.

• goodprognosis
    edited August 2013

Saying a quick hello to Cindy, Rick, Elaine and all on this blog.  Linda hoping you are having a wonderful holiday.  I'm just back from a couple of weeks myself and I hope you are getting some chill out time as well as some heart to heart time.  I'm sure it's not easy for your loved ones, everyone has a different way of coping with hard facts and grasping reality is not easy. For some its 'give it to me straight' while others prefer 'only tell me good things'.  At least you are getting close time with family and the rest is up to them.

Bon voyage carpe!.  Get back in touch soon.

Always thinking about all you other sisters here.

P.S. Had my first year's follow-up mammogram about 12 days ago. Haven't heard anything and am taking that as a good sign!  They said they would be in touch within 2/3 days if there was any follow-up necessary.  Will know for sure at my apt. with onco, end of August.

hugs.................

• ali68
    edited August 2013

It's with great sadness to tell you that Athena has passed away.

I will miss her xx

• momcat1962
    momcat1962 Member Posts: 172
    edited August 2013

Oh, I am so sorry. :( Prayers to her friends and family.

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527
    edited August 2013

I am in shock about Athena

• leggo
    leggo Member Posts: 379
    edited August 2013

Ali, thank you for posting about Athena. I am absolutely shocked and so very sad. Trying to comprehend how things went so bad so quickly. Just can't wrap my head around it. I will miss her very much.

Cindy, worrying about you. You are always in my thoughts.

Much love to all of you.

• Linda-n3
    edited August 2013

Ali, thanks for letting us know. I will miss Athena - she was like so many of us, helpful, funny, had tough moments and so many challenges. I am sure she is now at peace, and I pray that her family finds healing and peace, and are able to remember her in the way we have grown to know her.

I am also concerned about Cindy. I think someone on here has Elaine's contact number - it would be great to get an update. Hoping so much that she is comfortable, and I know we will lose her sooner rather than later, but am so grateful that she has shared so much of herself with us here. Hoping to hear that she has had a few good moments with that new grandchild of hers!

Much lovingkindness to each of you tonight.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    edited August 2013

It has been a while since I have stopped by, but wanted to send along my best wishes for Cindy & her family.

I am very saddened to learn of the passing of Athena..... the longer I'm here...... sigh.....

Keeping everyone in my prayers.

• goodprognosis
    edited August 2013

Just want to add my voice to others here.  So sad to read about Athena's passing. All her trials over so soon.  So much bravery and dignity on these boards. I wish strength to her family and loved ones.

God speed you home Athena.

Thinking of Cindy and all you brave ladies.

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited August 2013

Cindy

Praying for comfortable days and restful nights sweet friend. You are a hero.

Love

Maureen

• Linda-n3
    edited August 2013

Thinking of Cindy, Elaine, Rick. Keeping you in my heart and sending much lovingkindness. May you be free from fear, free from pain.

Thinking of all of you who are helping to support them:

Maureen, Goodprognosis, Valjean, Leggo, Cookiegal, Momcat, Ali, Carpediem, heymoose, Blondie, CelineFlower, Letselina, April, ItsJustMe, 2ndTimeAround, Gingerbrew, Wren, Scorchy, Rebecca, Bluepearl, DC197, and anyone I may have missed naming. May you be strong, may you have moments of peace, joy, and beauty each day.

We are missing Athena. She is at peace.

• ali68
    edited August 2013

Thinking of you Cindy xx

Hi to everyone, went to see the breast care nurse about my Lymphoedema and she said it was mild. My arm was an inch thicker than the normal one. Because I have pain she said to wear a sleeve when doing things but only then. Come back in three months, what a waste of time that was.

• Linda-n3
    edited August 2013

Ali, be VERY careful about wearing JUST A SLEEVE!!!!!! Did she tell you to wear a glove or gauntlet to protect your hand???? Get yourself over to the lymphedema threads pronto! All things gloves and sleeves is a good place to start. There is a LOT more you can do, and if you do it wrong, you can cause more damage. Many hugs to you - you seem to have had more than your share of complications this year. See you on the LE threads!

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084
    edited August 2013

Linda, you're so sweet for remembering Cindy and Elaine and all of us! Saw Cindy has been logging in and sent a PM to Elaine

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited August 2013

Cindy and Elaine thinking of you and your family!!

• itsjustme10
    itsjustme10 Member Posts: 64
    edited August 2013

Just stopping in to say hi, and I hope you're having an easy time of it Cindy.

Linda - you are such a class act, remembering all of us like that. Thank you, and I hope you're doing well. :)

• Linda-n3
    edited August 2013

Me??? A CLASS ACT?????? LOL!!!!!!! Thanks for the belly laugh this morning - I am cracking up and now heading out late for church!!! Love to all, special hugs to Cin and family.

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527
    edited August 2013

Ali 68...please do join us on the LE thread.

To make a long story short..if you have a one inch differential...I would wear glove/sleeve as much as you can for a few weeks. You want to nip this thing in the bud, before fibrosis sets in.

One you get a feel for the pattern of your LE you can probably get away without it from time to time. I wear at least 12 hours a day, usually more. The good news, except for above my arm, my measurments are almost equal.

LE is considered progressive, but some women see remission, some see improvement, some can achive control. You will get a ton of bad/misguided advice even from the best medical people as LE is so misunderstood.

Also, only with the lightest sleeve...15-25 could I go sleeve only. I would not wear a 20-30 without a glove or gauntlet.

Sorry to hijack the thread!

Cindy ..best vibes to you!!!

• Linda-n3
    edited August 2013

Good afternoon to my wonderful friends who are supporting Cindy-Rose and her family. Sending wishes for a few moments of grace today - moment of beauty, moment of joy, moment of peace, moment free of pain, moment with a loved one, a funny moment or one that brings a smile .... at least one of these today.

Cookiegal, I agree with you, and Ali, hope to see you on the LE threads.

I woke this morning with my usual "Oh, crap, I'm still here" but followed by "so I will make the best of it." For some reason, I FINALLY internalized this concept on Sunday, more than just paying lip service to the words, but felt it deep within me. The sermon on Sunday included a discussion of the movie "Groundhog Day" where a newsreporter wakes up in the same place every day, has to live that day over and over, so he begins to do crazy things to irritate people, then kills himself but still wakes up the next morning, and finally just does nice things and makes the best of the day. Happy ending, (spoiler alert!) he finally gets out of the cycle of repeats and gets on with his life. Guess that's the lesson here, folks. So today I talked with a friend, did some chores that I finally felt able to face, and am headed in for LE/PT therapy. It's hot out, there are still a few weeds in my garden that need to be tended to, maybe next week....

Hugs to all.

• Linda-n3
    edited August 2013

I just realized it has been just over a year that Cin started this thread. Time is an interesting phenomenon - it seems like a long time ago, yet only yesterday. Cin, you are an extremely strong woman and you are loved and admired. Peace to you, and many many thanks.

• goodprognosis
    edited August 2013

Just stopping by.  Love and good thoughts to Cindy and Elaine and family.

Thinking of you all.

Linda, always great to read your posts - always something a little different. 

I pray for you to be well - or at least as well as you can be.

lots of love

• sarahsmom
    sarahsmom Member Posts: 276
    edited August 2013

Ladies, hi from the Middle East. I am here and I have to say - it is nothing like I thought. I just finished cooking a dinner for my family with some of our fav vegetables, chicken, rice, etc. Our house is very nice and the school for my daughter is unreal, she is being spoiled! So now we settle in for a few years and see what happens.

I need to dig out and catch up on all of you, but I am very sad to learn on the stage IV board of the passing of Kasi, a beautiful, vibrant 33 year old that I met on the not diagnosed but worried boards not that long ago, maybe in early 2012. She was most worried at the beginning about losing her beautiful long brunette mane. Soon, with the stage IV diagnosis earlier this year, she was worried about not getting to the gym. Now she is gone. This loss has kicked me in the gut and served as a wake up call on many levels for me. I am sorry to be writing about it here, but I am just so sad. She started a great thread for ladies in their 30s with stage IV diagnosis and was interacting then just disappeared a few weeks ago. I posted on the thread before I moved that I was worried, and no one had heard from her. Well this damn disease is really making me mad tonight, and my heart is with all of you who suffer 24/7 and I', sending you strength and love from thousands of miles away!